ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Watkins Hurt foot again yesterday [likely out until the playoffs] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319384)

The Franchise 12-07-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13940968)
The decision to trade Alex Smith and start Mahomes?:hmmm:

Because they really had a choice in that matter.

FloridaMan88 12-07-2018 11:26 AM

Let's see what happens at today's practice, so far no one else has reported this.

DJ's left nut 12-07-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13940947)
Has any thing ****ing worked out from this offseason?

1. Watkins - injured
2. Hitchens - injured and played like shit.
3. Traded for Fuller - inconsistent
4. Drafted Speaks - Hasn't done shit.

I'd pump the brakes on #3.

Fuller wasn't good his first 2 weeks but he's been damn good since about week 4. I don't think he's been inconsistent at all; he's easily been among our best defenders for awhile now.

The rest of it? Yeah - not good. And we're going to have ONE player from the 2017 draft class on this roster after the season as I'm betting K-Pass gets shitcanned as well.

The last 2 seasons have been Mahomes and several buckets of shit. Veach needs to un**** himself and quickly because by any holistic measurement, he's doing a poor job. If nobody cares about firing Dorsey because he dicked up the cap and they're willing to ignore the fact that he was the triggerman on the best trade maneuver the NFL has seen in decades, they'd better start looking at Brett Veach with a far more jaundiced eye as well.

Because all I see is a guy who like Mahomes and has done nothing but make Dorsey's roster worse since he inherited it.

In58men 12-07-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13940954)
Yea I'm sure Benjamin is going to start, he's magic he can learn a whole playbook in 5 minutes.

They’re obviously giving him the benefit of doubt.

Watkins will be placed on IR and the coaches already know this. Just watch.

Kelvin will be limited and will see more snaps as the weeks go on.

O.city 12-07-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13940964)
If they were gonna put him on IR, wouldn’t you have already done it as opposed to cutting Jenkins?

You think they’re gonna roll with 7 or 8 WRs? There will be a move there

Do some of you guys not pay much attention to this stuff?

Red Dawg 12-07-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 13940961)
Worst...poster...ever. I almost said contributor, but that's not really the case, so I went with poster.

That is a bummer about Watkins though. If he's out for a while, you'll have Benjamin, Conley, and Robinson vying to contribute. in the 2, 3, 4 spots. I thought Deiter was working his way into more playing time. Assuming Sammy's out for a bit, I wonder if they don't have confidence that he or Kemp can contribute more in the passing game at this point. Deiter and Kemp are both big (Kemp 6'4 210 and Deiter 6'2 210) but Benjamin is 6'5 and closer to 250.

I think Veach and Andy were looking for a big-bodied jump ball guy and he fit the mold. I don't mind taking a flier on the guy. It's a low cost addition at this point and I bet we see some packages designed to allow him to post up in the end zone. He's not going to have any knowledge of the playbook, so I bet they whip up a few plays with him in mind.

Veach moves have sucked but I'm the idiot? You are a follower and obviously blind.

JakeF 12-07-2018 11:27 AM

JFC

The Sammy Watkins signing has been a disaster. We should have traded for Golden Tate.

OKchiefs 12-07-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13940971)
As long as Watkins can play in the playoffs it's not a huge deal, they can win these games without him.

Although the flip out is pretty funny.

Because the same shit happens every ****ing year. We always end up limping into the playoffs because the players we pay to make plays are almost always broken and unavailable when we need them most.

O.city 12-07-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13940974)
I'd pump the brakes on #3.

Fuller wasn't good his first 2 weeks but he's been damn good since about week 4. I don't think he's been inconsistent at all; he's easily been among our best defenders for awhile now.

The rest of it? Yeah - not good. And we're going to have ONE player from the 2017 draft class on this roster after the season as I'm betting K-Pass gets shitcanned as well.

The last 2 seasons have been Mahomes and several buckets of shit. Veach needs to un**** himself and quickly because by any holistic measurement, he's doing a poor job. If nobody cares about firing Dorsey because he dicked up the cap and they're willing to ignore the fact that he was the triggerman on the best trade maneuver the NFL has seen in decades, they'd better start looking at Brett Veach with a far more jaundiced eye as well.

Because all I see is a guy who like Mahomes and has done nothing but make Dorsey's roster worse since he inherited it.

Veach is Andy’s front. He isn’t making many decisions without being told to.

RealSNR 12-07-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13940901)
WHAT IN THE EFFING EFF?!?! HOW DO YOU HURT YOUR FOOT ALL THE TIME?!?!? IN EFFING PRACTICE?!?!?<

At least wait until a game to get hurt, like Berry or Houston.

He’s been wearing flip flops around Walmart again

Mecca 12-07-2018 11:27 AM

You have to take into account that Watkins was signed because we had a young 1st year starting QB. Just because Mahomes has been far better than most expected doesn't change why that signing was made at the time.

It would have been dumb as **** to start with a young QB and go your 2nd receiver is going to be a guy with no experience or a dude coming off a blown achilles.

pugsnotdrugs19 12-07-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13940976)
You think they’re gonna roll with 7 or 8 WRs? There will be a move there

Do some of you guys not pay much attention to this stuff?

It’s 6 WRs if he’s out for a few weeks. Then you cut someone if need be.

And no, I’m not surprised if they have 7 WRs. This team had 10 OL last year and 5 DL for most of 2017. The numbers don’t always make sense.

Mecca 12-07-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13940975)
They’re obviously giving him the benefit of doubt.

Watkins will be placed on It and the coaches already know this. Just watch.

Kelvin will be limited and will see more snaps as the weeks go on.

I seriously doubt he goes on IR, there's a reason they are keeping an extra WR at the moment.

O.city 12-07-2018 11:28 AM

They aren’t beating these defenses without being able to have the offense a full go.

Get ready for the 5 seed and a road loss in pitt

Pasta Little Brioni 12-07-2018 11:29 AM

Lulz at the meltdown over a tweet from some hack