ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Mechanics/SAUTO I need some advice (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316740)

BigRichard 11-30-2018 12:49 PM

I would chip in on a SAUTO fruit basket :)

SAUTO 11-30-2018 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 13921180)
LMAO wheel bearings are still good I think. Why would that affect the brakes anyway? It didn't before.

I've seen them have enough play that they compress the piston on the caliper as it wobbles back and forth.

Trust me on this. Proof will be when cooper laughs at me

SAUTO 11-30-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13921506)
Happens yo. It was a Chevy but we just had this on one of our pickups. It didn't get mushy, but it cycled the ABS and was a pain in the cock to drive.

Yep. Different than what bugs talking about. Yours probably only occurred below 5 mph if I was guessing. One would drop to 0 before the rest. That's common

SAUTO 11-30-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 13921526)
No lights on yet, which is surprising since the pedal seems like it's going almost all the way to the floor. I'm going to replace the wheel cylinders on the rear since I have it tore apart anyway and they usually are what takes out the rear brakes. Thing does have over 100k on it now so they're probably due to take a shit.

As far as the wheel bearings, I replaced the hubs a while back, they weren't loose just noisy as hell. I'm guessing that was SAUTO ****ing with me on that one.

actually I was serious, and ****ing with you a little, but I've seen a new bearing do that before when a guy didn't get it torqued right at home ... wobbles and pushes the piston in and it's like your pumping the brakes after replacement to get them towork

MTG#10 11-30-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13922651)

cooper knows everything there is to know about everything brah. **** your experience.

SAUTO 11-30-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13921486)
Wheel bearingROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

There it is. This guy always likes to make himself look stupid.

Bugeater 11-30-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13922687)
There it is. This guy always likes to make himself look stupid.

All he had to do is look back in this thread and he'd have seen that the bearing is part of the hub assembly on this truck. And like me, he would now see what you're saying, with the caliper being mounted to the knuckle a loose hub would have that rotor all out of whack in there.

cooper barrett 12-01-2018 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13922651)
I've seen them have enough play that they compress the piston on the caliper as it wobbles back and forth.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL when sitting still???ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

cooper barrett 12-01-2018 04:31 AM

Brake fluid is hygroscopic, Google it yourself, and flushing the system is the key to making hydraulic (master, calipers, and wheel cylinders to last.

Installing high end brake fluid (silicon) helps too as it does not draw moisture, is less corrosive, and more stable for longer periods. They do NOT mix.

SAUTO 12-01-2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13924663)
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL when sitting still???ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Where does he say anything about sitting still?

stumppy 12-01-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13925014)

Ssshhhh, quiet. You're going to scare off the entertainment clown.

SAUTO 12-01-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13924665)
Brake fluid is hygroscopic, Google it yourself, and flushing the system is the key to making hydraulic (master, calipers, and wheel cylinders to last.

Installing high end brake fluid (silicon) helps too as it does not draw moisture, is less corrosive, and more stable for longer periods. They do NOT mix.

To swap you have to get all of the glycol based fluid out number one. And they recommend replacement of all hoses before switching. And THEN if any moisture gets in the system it could either freeze and make the brakes not work or BOIL at 212 degrees IIRC and cause a loss of brakes.

cooper barrett 12-01-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13925014)

Because checking for brake system hydraulic pressure (pedal) is something you do while driving at 40MPH... ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Where did you see where he was moving when he complained about his petal going to the floor???

3x5 test for brakes ... You pump the brake pedal THREE TIMES and hold it for FIVE SECONDS.

NOT Accelerate to 40MPH and pump the brake pedal THREE TIMES and hold it for FIVE SECONDS.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...d688.image.jpg

SAUTO 12-01-2018 10:41 AM

And I slept in this morning and wasn't thinking clearly, obviously because I forgot the most important thing...

DOT 5 BRAKE FLUID IS NOT RECOMMENDED OR COMPATIBLE WITH ABS SYSTEMS. IT'S DANGEROUS AND CAN CAUSE A LOSS OF BRAKING DUE TO EXCESSIVE FOAM CAUSED BY THE FLUID GOING THROUGH THE ABS PUMP.

I think cooper barrett should refrain on giving anyone automobile advice on this forum anymore. He could have gotten someone killed here.

In fact it's even covered in ASE certification.

SAUTO 12-01-2018 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13925069)
Because checking for brake system hydraulic pressure (pedal) is something you do while driving at 40MPH... ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Where did you see where he was moving when he complained about his petal going to the floor???

3x5 test for brakes ... You pump the brake pedal THREE TIMES and hold it for FIVE SECONDS.

NOT Accelerate to 40MPH and pump the brake pedal THREE TIMES and hold it for FIVE SECONDS.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...d688.image.jpg

Who said anything about 40 mph?

Honestly I should ban you from anything auto related on this forum forever. The advice you gave in this thread was WAY WRONG and potentially dangerous to people