ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Is my landlord ****ing me? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315780)

ChiliConCarnage 06-13-2018 05:11 AM

I wouldn't really want to deal with physical checks either.

LOCOChief 06-13-2018 05:35 AM

Time to buy a house?

Comanche 06-13-2018 06:06 AM

Mess with them and send them a few money orders.

Predarat 06-13-2018 07:27 AM

Its a bunch of bullshit, mine did something similar but it was only $10. No way in hell it costs them $10 to process a check, much less $25. I was on month to month and they did give 30 days notice, so not much I could have done. If its not on your lease you should not have to pay it, the problem is if they want to be dicks about it and take it to court, that will likely be more than the damn fee.

scho63 06-13-2018 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13590769)
I feel like they're trying to **** me.

Is your ass sore when you wake up? Then the answer is.........

http://www.bryantlakebowl.com/wp-con...ll-600x402.jpg

tooge 06-13-2018 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13590782)
Nope.

This company is shady. They put me in a house with a complete shit A/C and I had to beat them over the head with e-mails and multiple service visits before I got a replacement.

Turns out over 40% of the cooling fins were bent on the unit they replaced. ROFL

I won't be signing another lease with them. SBD Housing.

The "put you in a house", um, What the ****? I've not rented in 20 plus years, but back when I was young, nobody put me in a house. I found a house, checked it out, and if I liked it, then rented it.

Hammock Parties 06-13-2018 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13591176)
The "put you in a house", um, What the ****? I've not rented in 20 plus years, but back when I was young, nobody put me in a house. I found a house, checked it out, and if I liked it, then rented it.

Yeah poor choice of words. But you know, no way to know if an A/C is up to snuff in the spring before you sign a lease.

tooge 06-13-2018 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13591180)
Yeah poor choice of words. But you know, no way to know if an A/C is up to snuff in the spring before you sign a lease.

Ok gotcha. I thought maybe they "placed" you also. Anyhow, regarding the check fee, it seems that if there isn't a provision in the lease for such, then they can't do it. Checks are a pain in the ass though. Someone has to physically go to the bank to deposit them, so that is probably their "processing fee" idea.

lewdog 06-13-2018 07:50 AM

People still use checks?

Who wants to be inconvenienced with going to the bank? I rarely have to go for anything and it’s great.

Hammock Parties 06-13-2018 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13591202)
People still use checks?

Who wants to be inconvenienced with going to the bank? I rarely have to go for anything and it’s great.

My bank prints the check for me and puts it in the mail. It's 2018.

Flying High D 06-13-2018 09:24 AM

Landlord seems nice.

Bearcat 06-13-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13591202)
People still use checks?

If I receive a check, I take a picture of it with my bank's app and it's deposited almost immediately.

Hammock Parties 06-13-2018 02:37 PM

Now they're claiming they sent me an e-mail in April outlining a new check processing fee that would take effect in June.

LMAO

I just searched my G-mail and they certainly ****ing didn't.

What the hell do I say?

Hammock Parties 06-13-2018 02:40 PM

Like...even if I had received it...how does this change my responsibility at all?

Quote:

This letter provides information about our Online Tenant Portal as a potential way to help alleviate at least one of the routine stresses every month.

Allow me to explain a bit about the portal. To start with, we have an online system that allows secure access to your account online from any computer or mobile device. When you set your account up online, you are able to make a manual online ACH (from your checking account) payment, set up auto pay with us or pay by credit card. If you pay using your checking account and/or auto pay, there is a very small processing fee of only $1.75 each transaction. If you pay by credit card, the third party vendor charges a fee that is much higher so we only suggest doing this as a last resort. If you setup auto pay with us, we will draft your authorized account on the 3rd business day of each month. No more worrying about the mail being slow or checks/money orders getting lost and better yet.... no more late fees!

Another benefit is the ability to create a service request online that allows you to quickly, and easily enter the issue at hand and the system will instantly create a work order for the issue.

You can track your account, payments, service orders, and more via your online account.

I have included the basic setup instructions for you, as well as the auto draft form if you wish to take that route. Beginning June 1st, 2018 there will be a $25 processing fee for any checks/money orders that are mailed or brought in to our office. This does not include the deposit or your first months rent payment that are required to be paid with certified funds.

Beef Supreme 06-13-2018 02:40 PM

Just quit paying them at all and squat.