ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV It's a Done Deal: Disney purchases Fox (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312345)

mnchiefsguy 12-17-2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 13292778)

Dude, you are confusing Fox Broadcasting Company (FBC) with 20th Century Fox.

20th Century Fox owns the rights and makes the shows. They then sell said tv shows to their sister company Fox Broadcasting.

That relationship can continue.

oaklandhater 12-17-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 13292946)
Dude, you are confusing Fox Broadcasting Company (FBC) with 20th Century Fox.

20th Century Fox owns the rights and makes the shows. They then sell said tv shows to their sister company Fox Broadcasting.

That relationship can continue.

but wouldn't fox have to pay Disney to run their shows on the Network now ?

mnchiefsguy 12-17-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 13292954)

Yes, they would pay Disney for the rights to broadcast those shows. After the takeover, the existing contracts would be paid to Disney, and they would have negotiate new ones when the old ones expire.

oaklandhater 12-17-2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 13292969)
Yes, they would pay Disney for the rights to broadcast those shows. After the takeover, the existing contracts would be paid to Disney, and they would have negotiate new ones when the old ones expire.

So it makes me wonder what is the fate of all the fox shows ?

especially legion and the gifted

oaklandhater 12-17-2017 08:25 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1EFA5p4WwXQ" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seth talking to his new bosses is gonna be hysterical

DaneMcCloud 12-17-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 13292954)

Good ****ing God.

Make it stop.

oaklandhater 12-17-2017 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13293623)
Good ****ing God.

Make it stop.

Well come on mr know it all.

Disney owns Family Guy and The Simpsons.

So by that logic doesn't fox broadcasting have to renegotiate on all the shows ?

DaneMcCloud 12-17-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 13293633)

So by that logic doesn't fox broadcasting have to renegotiate on all the shows ?

Good ****ing God, NOOOOO.

Just ****ing STOP.

NJChiefsFan 12-18-2017 12:30 AM

Quote:

I am only basing it off the bit I read in the OP but I'm assuming FBC would retain all contracts on current shows. In the future I guess it would potentially be more of a competition for FBC to get 20th Century Fox content but I have no idea how that stuff works in the first place with competition between selling shows to certain networks ect.

DaneMcCloud 12-18-2017 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13293685)
I am only basing it off the bit I read in the OP but I'm assuming FBC would retain all contracts on current shows. In the future I guess it would potentially be more of a competition for FBC to get 20th Century Fox content but I have no idea how that stuff works in the first place with competition between selling shows to certain networks ect.

FBC is not a part of the acquisition

Kiimo 12-18-2017 09:16 AM

Oh this thread exists.

I’m going to be trying to find a job in the next 12-18 months before they drop our department at Fox (international creative advertising).

They say they’ll take care of us, not sure if they think that gives anyone confidence.

patteeu 12-18-2017 09:51 AM

When Disney executives no longer have to pay taxes, can violate net neutrality by throttling the Simpsons, and can force The Orville to include minor Star Wars characters into their storyline, you know the world has gone to hell.

DaneMcCloud 12-18-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13293947)
When Disney executives no longer have to pay taxes, can violate net neutrality by throttling the Simpsons, and can force The Orville to include minor Star Wars characters into their storyline, you know the world has gone to hell. Thanks, Trump! /hysterical liberals

Reported

patteeu 12-18-2017 10:48 AM

Oh yeah, I guess this isn't DC is it. Well, surely people can take that post as the joke it was meant to be anyway. I took the last part out to reduce the political-ness.

DaneMcCloud 12-18-2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Good ****ing God.

What is your deal? You run around in every forum, posting like a moron that just shart himself, screaming and waving your hands around asking for attention while having zero information about the topic at hand.

There's a difference between a Broadcasting Network and a Production Company. The Fox Broadcasting Company BROADCASTS programming. The programming does NOT need to be owned by the broadcaster.

For example, Modern Family is produced by 21 Century Fox but the program airs on ABC. ER and Friends were produced by Warner Brothers but aired on NBC.

Producing and owning a program has no bearing on where it's actually broadcast.

Now, in the case of The Simpsons, 21st Century Fox owns the program. Whether or not Disney keeps the deal in place for it to air on Fox has probably not been decided but seeing as this deal isn't going to fully close until 12-18 months, the program will continue to air on Fox for the foreseeable future.

Further to that, Original Airings of The Simpsons on Fox are a drop in the bucket compared to the 20+ years of syndication rights.