ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Let's talk about naps. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300959)

Rain Man 07-21-2016 10:28 PM

I can't generally sleep when it's light out, so I never nap unless it's some really odd situation.

Of course, I can't go to sleep before midnight, either, so that's a bit of a problem.

Psyko Tek 07-21-2016 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12326754)
I get flogged for a Trump thread but a thread about naps is ok? The country is going straight down the crapper.

This board makes me want a nap.

understand one is good for you and enjoyable
the other is the stupidest thing that has ever happened in the USA

listopencil 07-21-2016 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12327053)
Those naps where you wake up not knowing what year it is are best. With saliva and pillow/blanket/couch indentations on your arms and shit.

Ah. That's the life.

If I do that in the afternoon it's like I've been given an extra day of my life.

big nasty kcnut 07-21-2016 11:25 PM

i can nap anywhere i fell asleep on the toilet ,the tub, on the floor of a college. As long as it soft. I also slept outside before my hotel room were ready at a convention for two nights

tx4chiefs 07-21-2016 11:26 PM

An hour on the couch, is quite refreshing.

Fire Me Boy! 07-22-2016 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 12327796)
i can nap anywhere i fell asleep on the toilet ,the tub, on the floor of a college. As long as it soft. I also slept outside before my hotel room were ready at a convention for two nights

This makes no sense. In what world are toilets and tubs soft?

scho63 07-22-2016 04:44 AM

I've taken naps my whole life and think they are the bomb. :thumb:

When in high school, I had a part time job at the local supermarket from 4-8 and would take a nap for about 1 1/2 hours after school before my shift. I would lay on top of my bed in my undies with the afghan blanket my grandmother knitted.

I'll take a nap on a Saturday or Sunday morning around 9:30-10 am for an hour or so when I get up real early and start feeling tired after reading on the computer. I have a large LL Bean cotton blanket folded at the foot of my bed for just these occasions.....

:ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ:

loochy 07-22-2016 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12327872)
This makes no sense. In what world are toilets and tubs soft?

my grandma had one of those squishy seat covers for the toilet.

I hated it

Simply Red 07-22-2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 12326683)
I bet Simply Red only naps in designer sheets.

Sheex, yes. Generally. I have two back-up sets that are egyptian cotton.

Radar Chief 07-22-2016 09:44 AM

On the couch with a baseball game or golf tournament on TV and the volume low.

loochy 07-22-2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 12328062)
On the couch with a baseball game or golf tournament on TV and the volume low.

Yeah, that's what I did for years on Sunday afternoons. We'd go to Church, then we'd come home and my mom would make a big brunch. We'd all collapse on the couch and nap for a while to golf or baseball.

The Franchise 07-22-2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12327160)
I wonder if I have some sort of sleeping disorder. I'm exhausted every day. I go to bed at night around 9pm -10om and wake up at about 630am. Usually wake up four times a night minimum. Come 1pm, I'm nearly worthless. Tired ALL the time. Been that way for years.

Even as a kid, could never fall asleep, and have been a tired person during the day since grade school.

Same here. I wear a fitbit at night....and I generally average 12-14 restless moments a night. I've never really slept through the night and I'm always tired as shit in the morning. Plus apparently I yell in my sleep.

Iowanian 07-22-2016 10:06 AM

I usually just take my naps in ranging from 30 seconds to 2-3 minutes while barreling down the interstate...when I get too tired from texting or playing Pokey-man.

eDave 07-22-2016 10:16 AM

I take a 4h nap on Thursdays. I sleep an avg. of about 5h/night so it catches up to me on Thursday. Avg. 5h/night through the weekend too as that is what my internal clock is calibrated to.

SAUTO 07-22-2016 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12328118)
I take a 4h nap on Thursdays. I sleep an avg. of about 5h/night so it catches up to me on Thursday. Avg. 5h/night through the weekend too as that is what my internal clock is calibrated to.

I know someone who used to only sleep on Thursday mornings.

he said that's when everything caught up to him and things were slow. He every once in a while would catch a couple hours on Sunday morning.