ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Birthday Christmas Decorating: How early is too early? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=303587)

DaneMcCloud 11-10-2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12546243)
You ever heard of a barrel, gasoline and a match?!

I live in a Fire Zone.

That would cost me like $10,000 dollars.

lewdog 11-10-2016 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12546274)
I live in a Fire Zone.

That would cost me like $10,000 dollars.

I know. That was the joke.

I feel I am very misunderstood on this board sometimes. :(

DaneMcCloud 11-10-2016 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12546283)
I know. That was the joke.

I feel I am very misunderstood on this board sometimes. :(

LMAO

I wasn't sure if you were setting me up or making a funny.

Sorry, Broheem.

Chief Roundup 11-10-2016 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 12546104)
I would go fake but the wife still wants a real tree, so every year, we head up in the mountains to get one. It's only $5 for a permit and about a 1/2 hour drive from our house, depending on the roads. Plus the dog loves running around in the snowy woods so we go.

When we lived in Oregon, we loved the grand firs but natural firs here are too spindly. We usually get a blue spruce since they are sturdier when small. They are also prickly which helps keep the cats out of the tree.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...bd&oe=58D508E7

Dude no offense, maybe I missed something, but that is an ugly thin worthless looking tree.

eDave 11-10-2016 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12546287)
LMAO

Sorry, Broheem.

If I read it right, he would like for you to burn your house down.

lewdog 11-10-2016 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12546287)
LMAO

Sorry, Broheem.

No worries. I am sure half of the rednecks in the DC forum would actually still think this is a good idea even knowing where you live.

eDave 11-10-2016 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 12546288)
Dude no offense, maybe I missed something, but that is an ugly thin worthless looking tree.

https://cdn.instructables.com/FU7/9H...Q7QC.LARGE.jpg

Frosty 11-10-2016 09:51 PM

Quote:

It cleaned up nice after we trimmed it up. The ones out in the woods never look like the tree farmed trees.

DaneMcCloud 11-10-2016 09:55 PM

Quote:

The "Christmas Tree" isn't universal. Our local Costco is selling trees like the those in his picture.

I often wonder how many people on CP have actually lived or visited outside their zip code.

Chief Roundup 11-10-2016 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12546406)
The "Christmas Tree" isn't universal. Our local Costco is selling trees like the those in his picture.

I often wonder how many people on CP have actually lived or visited outside their zip code.

Just a reminder I traveled for a little over 15 years, flying and driving, all across this country, Canada, Mexico, and Russia. There is only 4 states that I have not spent at least one month in at various times of the year.
All the retail stores in this area also sell trees that don't look much different. It is the cheapest made and doesn't have the strength to hold many decorations. Just look at eDaves post from Charlie Brown for correlation.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

DaneMcCloud 11-10-2016 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 12546417)
Just a reminder I traveled for a little over 15 years, flying and driving, all across this country, Canada, Mexico, and Russia. There is only 4 states that I have not spent at least one month in at various times of the year.
All the retail stores in this area also sell trees that don't look much different. It is the cheapest made and doesn't have the strength to hold many decorations. Just look at eDaves post from Charlie Brown for correlation.

I'll post a pic next time I'm at Costco.

Chief Roundup 11-10-2016 10:05 PM

Like I said and meant it, I was not trying to be mean. Like he said it is harder to find real nice trees in the woods.

Frosty 11-10-2016 10:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 12546423)
Like I said and meant it, I was not trying to be mean. Like he said it is harder to find real nice trees in the woods.

One thing to consider is that the ice and snow still on the tree really deforms it. Once that all melts, the tree kind of "fluffs up". I couldn't find a picture of this tree after we had it set up but this is what the spruce typically look like. They are plenty sturdy enough for decorations, though I only had lights on this one so far. The one we had last year was shorter than this one but similar otherwise.

Katipan 11-11-2016 08:10 AM

I decorated for Christmas as I took down the Halloween shit.

No lights or trees - just lots of other tchotchke. We do an intense 30 days of Hellf in December so it's nice to have a month to enjoy my decorations in peace.

Plus **** social rules that don't effect anyone else.

luv 11-11-2016 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 12546104)
I would go fake but the wife still wants a real tree, so every year, we head up in the mountains to get one. It's only $5 for a permit and about a 1/2 hour drive from our house, depending on the roads. Plus the dog loves running around in the snowy woods so we go.

When we lived in Oregon, we loved the grand firs but natural firs here are too spindly. We usually get a blue spruce since they are sturdier when small. They are also prickly which helps keep the cats out of the tree.

We always had artificial trees when I was growing up. One year we had a cat that would not stay out of the tree, so we actually hung it from the ceiling. I wish I could find that picture.