ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272221)

Mav 06-28-2013 11:28 AM

Im a Pelicans/Bobcats fan, and to say that I was beyond thrilled with one team, while COMPLETELY floored, and disgusted by the other, would be the understatement of the year.

When the Pelicans took Noel, I was shocked, but then excited. They do after all play in the same division with Dirk, and Tim Duncan, so I understood it, but when I found out they had traded with the 76ers, I first thought they were trading for Evan Turner, and then I was going to smash shit in my house. But, TO GET JRUE HOLIDAY, who is the most underrated pg in basketball, I did the dougie.

But the suckcats. Wtf, are they thinking. They have Byron mullens. Who is nothing more than a shooter. he doesn't defend, he doesn't have a post game, and they have Biyombo, who can do NOTHING offensively. There was the place for them to grab Alex Len, orrrrr to grab Ben McClemore. And they end up with Cody, ****ing Zeller. I hate this franchise so much. The only thing keeping me attached to them, is the fact they are becoming the hornets once again. But, year after year they eff it up.

ALTHOUGH, I DID LOVE THE MKG draft, and the Kemba Walker pick. The rest of this stuff. I HATE.

Mav 06-28-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9781556)
Kobe is going to sit out the year. Lakers some how win the lottery and get Wiggins. That's my prediction for the year.

Kobe is not going to sit out. He is way too competitive for that. Don't be shocked if Dwight leaves, if they bring back Bynum.......

-King- 06-28-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9781479)
As a Laker fan, thank god.

I hope he goes to Houston or Dallas.

The stupid ****ing billboards, and the wooing of a guy who's on the Amanda Byrnes scale of bi-polar makes me sick.

I really want them to blow the team up and just start a rebuild immediately.

The Bad Guy 06-28-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9781566)
I really want them to blow the team up and just start a rebuild immediately.

With the cap space, you won't really have to rebuild in 14.

I just can't root for Howard. The thought of a franchise like the Lakers making billboards and begging this guy to stay is sickening.

Secondary only to Mike D'Antoni coaching this team, of course.

The Bad Guy 06-28-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9781564)
Kobe is not going to sit out. He is way too competitive for that. Don't be shocked if Dwight leaves, if they bring back Bynum.......

They shouldn't bring back Bynum unless he's playing for 3 cents on the dollar.

Don't sign anyone. Keep all the space for 14 and start fresh.

Howard is no cornerstone of a franchise. He's not a leader, he's not someone you want as the face of the team. He's a puke.

The Bad Guy 06-28-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9781556)
Kobe is going to sit out the year. Lakers some how win the lottery and get Wiggins. That's my prediction for the year.

Kobe won't sit an entire season.

-King- 06-28-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9781587)

I just can't root for Howard. The thought of a franchise like the Lakers making billboards and begging this guy to stay is sickening.

Yeah me too. But if I had to choose, I'd rather have Dwight stay on the team rather than D'Antoni.

The Bad Guy 06-28-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9781606)
Yeah me too. But if I had to choose, I'd rather have Dwight stay on the team rather than D'Antoni.

I'm probably there as well.

The only way I want Dwight is if Phil Jackson is coaching him, which seems like a complete pipedream.

Mav 06-28-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9781589)
They shouldn't bring back Bynum unless he's playing for 3 cents on the dollar.

Don't sign anyone. Keep all the space for 14 and start fresh.

Howard is no cornerstone of a franchise. He's not a leader, he's not someone you want as the face of the team. He's a puke.

Shit, I liked Bynum with the lakers, that's why I suggested it. YOu are a laker fan so you know more than me. Any truth to the rumor they may amnesty Pau?

Titty Meat 06-28-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9781587)

17/12 for a guy coming off back surgery isn't bad. They'll need him if they want to beat the Heat.

-King- 06-28-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9781672)
17/12 for a guy coming off back surgery isn't bad. They'll need him if they want to beat the Heat.

LMAO They won't be facing the Heat in a meaningful series anytime soon, so who cares.

And despite those numbers, Howard was a disaster last year. Disrupted the already bad offense and wasn't interested in playing team ball at all.

mcaj22 06-28-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9781561)
Im a Pelicans/Bobcats fan, and to say that I was beyond thrilled with one team, while COMPLETELY floored, and disgusted by the other, would be the understatement of the year.

When the Pelicans took Noel, I was shocked, but then excited. They do after all play in the same division with Dirk, and Tim Duncan, so I understood it, but when I found out they had traded with the 76ers, I first thought they were trading for Evan Turner, and then I was going to smash shit in my house. But, TO GET JRUE HOLIDAY, who is the most underrated pg in basketball, I did the dougie.

You also gave up a first round pick next year, so the 76ers if this pans out could have two top 10 picks if the lottery falls their way in the deepest draft since 2003. All hoping the Pelicans are bad enough for a pick that nets them between 6 and whatever. Which the Pelicans surely will be, just hoping not bad enough for top 5, but they are a long way from a winning record regardless. The 6ers have a chance to load up in next years draft

Mav 06-28-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9781685)
You also gave up a first round pick next year, so the 76ers if this pans out could have two top 10 picks if the lottery falls their way in the deepest draft since 2003. All hoping the Pelicans are bad enough for a pick that nets them between 6 and whatever. Which the Pelicans surely will be, just hoping not bad enough for top 5, but they are a long way from a winning record regardless. The 6ers have a chance to load up in next years draft

Sadly, the difference from making the playoffs, and being terrible, all hinges on the knees of Eric Gordon. I keep hoping they are going to trade him to the pacers for Danny Granger. But, as is. Having Holiday, and Vazquez, means that when eric Gordon does get sandy vagina syndrome, at least we wont be completely naked because Vazquez can play the two as well.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-28-2013 12:20 PM

The Lakers are not winning anything until Kobe Bryant leaves. His salary is murderous. You have no cap flexibility and almost nothing in the way of tradeable assets.

You're not getting Bynum. You have no cap space. Howard is not a winning player. Bryant has a torn Achilles and will be 35.

The only play for the Lakers is to take their lumps next year and hope that Kobe is ineffective enough that you have a shot for a high lottery pick, because he's not going to sit out the chance to get closer to NBA milestones.

After 2013-14 the only player on the team under contract will be Nash.

-King- 06-28-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9781716)
The Lakers are not winning anything until Kobe Bryant leaves. His salary is murderous. You have no cap flexibility and almost nothing in the way of tradeable assets.

You're not getting Bynum. You have no cap space. Howard is not a winning player. Bryant has a torn Achilles and will be 35.

The only play for the Lakers is to take their lumps next year and hope that Kobe is ineffective enough that you have a shot for a high lottery pick, because he's not going to sit out the chance to get closer to NBA milestones.

After 2013-14 the only player on the team under contract will be Nash.

And hopefully he retires too.