ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Bitcoin Take? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270065)

Shaid 01-28-2023 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kopinto (Post 16768371)
I guess this is a dead cat's bounce before the dive to 500-700.

We'll see. If it dives down there, I'll buy more.

BWillie 01-28-2023 03:03 PM

Crypto is not to buy. It is to live on.

BWillie 05-31-2023 09:52 PM

I just lost $10,000 worth of BTC because the wallet must have given me a false receiving address. I don't use wallets outside of Trezor, Nano Ledger etc very often except for small amounts for spending money but I've used this one in the past on a different device and never had an issue.

I provided the receiving address to the sender. They said they sent. Nothing shows in my wallet or transactions. I looked up the receiving address in a blockchain explorer and it shows it was indeed sent. I'm puzzled. I didn't take a screenshot of the app showing me the bitcoin receiving address but I logged it in two different notes.

I thought maybe the wallet was messed up so I used a different wallet to restore my seed but still shows nothing.

So sad. I don't really know what to do or anything I can do. It was a wallet that gives receiving addresses that start with "bc" and spits you out a brand new one everytime. I don't even know how to see the prior receiving addresses the wallet gave me.

ChiefRocka 06-01-2023 05:05 AM

Probably sent with low fee, large transaction backlog lately leading to slow confirmation times. Give it a while. As long as you can see the transaction ID and the "To" "From" addresses are solid then you're good.

BWillie 06-01-2023 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 16965895)
Probably sent with low fee, large transaction backlog lately leading to slow confirmation times. Give it a while. As long as you can see the transaction ID and the "To" "From" addresses are solid then you're good.

Luckily got this figured out. I'm not tech saavy enough to understand but they said they had to resync my wallet with their nodes. Sure enough restarted it and funds then showed up. Really quick support though.

George Liquor 06-01-2023 10:22 AM

I almost cashed out some ACR last night but decided against it because i was drunk and couldn't remember the steps.

Losing some btc into the abyss is a big fear of mine.

BWillie 06-01-2023 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 16966238)
I almost cashed out some ACR last night but decided against it because i was drunk and couldn't remember the steps.

Losing some btc into the abyss is a big fear of mine.

If you are playing cash games on ACR you are just wasting your time. The tourneys also aren't very good, just big first place prizes. But at least they have crypto deposits and withdrawals and Global doesn't.

George Liquor 06-01-2023 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16966964)
If you are playing cash games on ACR you are just wasting your time. The tourneys also aren't very good, just big first place prizes. But at least they have crypto deposits and withdrawals and Global doesn't.

I havent played on global since covid. I mainly play Omaha cash or some of their tournaments. I've been reading that ACR has the toughest games for USA players.

digger 08-18-2023 11:18 AM

Bitcoin drops to $25k today? What's going on?

BleedingRed 08-18-2023 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger (Post 17062355)
Bitcoin drops to $25k today? What's going on?

I'm not sure, wish my Shibu Inu coin would take off tho.....

I wonder if Crypto could be used a leading indicator to certain stocks

Ming the Merciless 08-18-2023 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 17062374)

https://seekingalpha.com/symbol/COIN

BleedingRed 08-18-2023 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 17062393)

you think it has to do with shrinking liquidity in the market?

Ming the Merciless 08-18-2023 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 17062395)
you think it has to do with shrinking liquidity in the market?

i mean, i have been wrong before on this type of stuff but I always thought one of the reasons BTC was so high in the 1st place was excess liquidity, and free money (near zero rates).

These things lead to rampant speculation, and thats all that BTC is is speculatory.

So if you remove liquidity and raise interest rates, I think it is natural that speculatory things like tech companies that make no money, houses that cost more than they should, and digital coins that have no real value other than speculation are going to come back down in price.

We are entering a period of more normal interest rates and normal liquidity.. so i think prices should normalize. Many people mistakenly think this is "high interest rates" or that we are in a very restrictive liquidity situation right now. Its not. We aren't. These rates are normal and there are still YEARS worth of excess liquidity in the market that need to be removed through QT.

Full disclosure: I am not a huge believer in bitcoin so take all this for what its worth, but I wouldn't be surprised if BTC goes very low if the normal rates and liquidity persist...

BleedingRed 08-18-2023 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 17062405)
i mean, i have been wrong before on this type of stuff but I always thought one of the reasons BTC was so high in the 1st place was excess liquidity, and free money (near zero rates).

These things lead to rampant speculation, and thats all that BTC is is speculatory.

So if you remove liquidity and raise interest rates, I think it is natural that speculatory things like tech companies that make no money, houses that cost more than they should, and digital coins that have no real value other than speculation are going to come back down in price.

We are entering a period of more normal interest rates and normal liquidity.. so i think prices should normalize. Many people mistakenly think this is "high interest rates" or that we are in a very restrictive liquidity situation right now. Its not. We aren't. These rates are normal and there are still YEARS worth of excess liquidity in the market that need to be removed through QT.

Full disclosure: I am not a huge believer in bitcoin so take all this for what its worth, but I wouldn't be surprised if BTC goes very low if the normal rates and liquidity persist...

The problem with rates being back to "normal" is housing costs are way out of whack with these "normal" rates. And people waiting for housing prices to drop don't seem to understand that its simple economics. Supple vs demand. We are over 11 million SFH short.

BryanBusby 08-18-2023 11:50 AM

Supple breasts will always win IMO

Ming the Merciless 08-18-2023 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 17062408)
The problem with rates being back to "normal" is housing costs are way out of whack with these "normal" rates.

well youre not talking costs, youre talking PAYMENTS.

theres 2 ways to look at it. I think youre looking at it wrong, and in a temporary slice of time (right now) versus the intended and needed direction it is going.

Lets look back to a year ago, before the rate hikes:

youve got 2% interest rates and no one caring about how much a house "costs" because they can afford the payments. But IMHO you and everyone else looking at it like this were/are wrong.

We arent finished raising rates yet. It is correct that no one can afford the PAYMENTS when the rate is normal (7%). But just take a staep and ask yourself why. Its because the COSTS are too high. Houses shouldn't be this high, and thus the cost will go down. The only reason they ever got that high in the 1st place is because of 2%-3% mortgages and a ton of excess liquidity.

I would much rather buy a house at a good cost with a higher interest than WAY too high of a price but you get suckered in with a low payment.

Prices will go down, it might take 4-5 years for this to happen, but it will. Or they wont rise as fast. But we cant have everything inflating at a crazy speed...so we need to normalize rates.

BWillie 12-03-2023 06:16 PM

40k BTC
2.2k ETH

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-03-2023 06:51 PM

Been loading LTCN and MARA for the Bull run! :thumb:

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-08-2023 02:51 PM

I'm sure hearing a lot about XRP as a good investment. I guess banks will be using it for transactions in the next year. Rumors of $1000 to $10,000 once it gets locked up.

I've been buying $100 every week for the last several months. It's at around .65 right now.

BWillie 12-08-2023 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 17266372)
I'm sure hearing a lot about XRP as a good investment. I guess banks will be using it for transactions in the next year. Rumors of $1000 to $10,000 once it gets locked up.

I've been buying $100 every week for the last several months. It's at around .65 right now.

How are you supposed to launder money if its tied to banks?

Thats 50% of why people like crypto. Don't let anyone fool you. They are just too scared to say it.

Btc = safer cash that appreciates in value

BWillie 12-08-2023 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 17256156)
Been loading LTCN and MARA for the Bull run! :thumb:

It's shitcoin season baby!

Ill be hedging some of my bets by converting a small amount of BTC into BSV. Bitcoin Satoshi Vision. There is some worry that longterm bitcoin will not have enough incentive to transact to realize its value. It will become to costly to send and any transactions may cease to exist. Just a theory Ive heard thrown around by some smart people but there should be ways to combat that by future forks/lightning network, I hope.

Jewish Rabbi 12-08-2023 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 17266372)

Wild hopium and rumors are two different things.

BWillie 02-14-2024 09:06 AM

Ayyy whats up

Btc is 52k

Bwillie is always wrong

Smed1065 02-15-2024 04:41 PM

I am lucky. I bought it @$100 and have not needed it. Missed out on the $80,000 but saving for when I need it, I hope never. Actually considering cashing it in do to a house I like on the lake. Just hard to justify the house since no one else lives with me but college town and I could rent rooms out I guess. The older I get the more I do not like people tho.

Ming the Merciless 02-15-2024 04:45 PM

good time to sell a little?

take a short or hedge position?

what say you , geniouses????

(shorting COIN or MSTR suicidal or big brain?)

Pinchshot 02-15-2024 06:03 PM

https://twitter.com/BritishHodl/stat...94009420800438

digger 02-28-2024 03:50 PM

Looks like they ****ed the moon today:
<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We are aware that some users may see a zero balance across their Coinbase accounts &amp; may experience errors in buying or selling. Our team is investigating this &amp; will provide an update shortly. Your assets are safe.<br>You can track this incident at <a href="https://t.co/a3pl4WiDhZ">https://t.co/a3pl4WiDhZ</a></p>&mdash; Coinbase Support (@CoinbaseSupport) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoinbaseSupport/status/1762899058060890556?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 28, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

digger 02-28-2024 03:53 PM

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">�� BREAKING ��<br><br>COINBASE AND MANY OTHER <br>CRYPTO EXCHANGES ARE DOWN. <br><br>VOLUME IS OFF THE CHARTS AND <br>RETAIL IS COMING IN. GUYS BRACE<br>YOURSELF FOR THE BIGGEST BULL<br>RUN IN CRYPTO HISTORY ��</p>&mdash; Ash Crypto (@Ashcryptoreal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ashcryptoreal/status/1762898209821622590?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 28, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

teedubya 02-29-2024 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger (Post 17421710)
Looks like they ****ed the moon today:
<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We are aware that some users may see a zero balance across their Coinbase accounts &amp; may experience errors in buying or selling. Our team is investigating this &amp; will provide an update shortly. Your assets are safe.<br>You can track this incident at <a href="https://t.co/a3pl4WiDhZ">https://t.co/a3pl4WiDhZ</a></p>&mdash; Coinbase Support (@CoinbaseSupport) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoinbaseSupport/status/1762899058060890556?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 28, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

Yeah, I shit myself a little bit when my Coinbase assets showed $0. On mobile first, then desktop... $0. I must have been one of the first ones to see the glitch, because it wasn't even showing up on Twitter yet.

scho63 02-29-2024 03:35 PM

I had a chance to buy 10,000 bitcoin for $100 and I passed thinking it was a scam and a comic book type currency.

How ****ing stupid and wrong was I ?

crispystl 02-29-2024 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17423037)
I had a chance to buy 10,000 bitcoin for $100 and I passed thinking it was a scam and a comic book type currency.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/WxDZ77xhPXf3i/giphy.gif

That’s a lot of OG lunches bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IowaHawkeyeChief 02-29-2024 04:47 PM

Quote:

Yea, I owned 394 Bitcoins in 2014-15 when I was in a mining operation with my uncle... I then sold them for $500, can't remember the exact amount, and thought that was sweet...

BWillie 02-29-2024 06:05 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/m/w0fQOeb7x.../lwts-lets.gif

TwistedChief 02-29-2024 06:16 PM

Quote:

I think you were more stupid to post on CP about your lunches than to turn down this opportunity.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-29-2024 09:12 PM

XRP.. you guys now have around 45-60 days to get in on the cheap

Pinchshot 02-29-2024 09:28 PM

Solana and avax for alts

scho63 03-01-2024 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17423217)
I think you were more stupid to post on CP about your lunches than to turn down this opportunity.

That's what you think.

I got a hell of a lot of return and value from that lunch post escapade. ROFL

I blew the place up, got the haters to come out in full, half the board got involved and even had someone change their username.

Pretty effective investment for my time.

Pinchshot 03-01-2024 07:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bitcoin coming for Silver next.

https://companiesmarketcap.com/assets-by-market-cap/

|Zach| 03-01-2024 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17423526)
That's what you think.

I got a hell of a lot of return and value from that lunch post escapade. ROFL

I blew the place up, got the haters to come out in full, half the board got involved and even had someone change their username.

Pretty effective investment for my time.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...&=&format=webp

myselff77 03-01-2024 10:14 AM

I got added to a scam whatsapp chat group that is supposedly a "Dan Morehead Practical Training Camp" on trading bitcoin. I haven't deleted it yet as it's fun to see exactly what the scam is.

However, so far it seems pretty non-scammy. It's offering legit educational advice (though likely similar to what Chat-GPT would product), has not be been trying to get personal information, or get you to click on any spy/malware type links.

So, I wait patiently to see where this scam goes. There's 50 in this chat group. I assume 49 of them are bots of some sort.

TLO 03-01-2024 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 17423358)
XRP.. you guys now have around 45-60 days to get in on the cheap

How many you in for?

ChiefRocka 03-06-2024 06:12 AM

BTC $67,500
ETH $3,900

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-06-2024 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 17424326)
How many you in for?

Right now I have 3935 I'm just buying a little every Friday . I want at least 5000.

I think it makes it's first move in April. Anything under $1 is a gift from God .

Predictions are that in 12 months it could be well North of $1000

The Bull run will carry this somewhat but the real value is when all the banks are utilizing it. Many already are. When it blows , it will blow overnight.

Iconic 03-13-2024 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 16332504)
no matter how speculative you find btc there is one thing you can always guarantee with it - an insanely high roi after the halving... so roughly 2024.

if you have the stomach for it, it is definitely worth a very slow and methodical dca for a healthy return in the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 16104958)
If I had nothing invested in crypto at the moment I'd view this as the buying opportunity of a lifetime. Pick whatever project or coin you believe in and layer in down to the lowest possible logical denomination of it. For me I have eyes set on ETH SOL and BTC. Buys on ETH as low as 300 dollars all the way up to the 2000s with increasingly larger orders on the lower end of the price scale.

Whatever you do be smart, manage your risk, and do your own research.

:old:

BWillie 03-13-2024 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 17429584)
Right now I have 3935 I'm just buying a little every Friday . I want at least 5000.

I think it makes it's first move in April. Anything under $1 is a gift from God .

Predictions are that in 12 months it could be well North of $1000

The Bull run will carry this somewhat but the real value is when all the banks are utilizing it. Many already are. When it blows , it will blow overnight.

People don't like crypto because banks use it. It's quite the opposite. I am absolutely totally out on XRP.

dlphg9 03-13-2024 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 17062374)
I'm not sure, wish my Shibu Inu coin would take off tho.....

It's up like 300% or more since this post, correct?

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-28-2024 07:53 AM

The Grayscale trusts are crushing it and they're just getting started

If prices hit the forecasted projections I could be up close to 1Million in profit by 2025

These should have been bought in the bear market around March 1 2023 to maximize profit. Now I see how the 4 year cycle runs. Bitcoin halving is 3 weeks away. Bitcoin Cash halving is somewhere around 4/6 I think.

Notably LTCN and BCHG . Actually BCHG is up over 4000% since 3/1/23 sitting at $16 and has a PT of $100 plus

ZCASH hasn't blasted off yet. ZCASH ranks #14 on the list of 15 trusts and is up 377% since 3/1/23. That's right , 13 funds are ahead of that pace.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-29-2024 10:40 AM

This is where the moneys at

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/grVtgZOwf_Y?si=Sy-KVzXzNC-jg0Hv" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RINGLEADER 03-29-2024 12:21 PM

So if I had just invested $10K when this thread started it would be worth $175,000,000.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-29-2024 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FD (Post 9405564)
Its customer base is almost entirely composed of criminals and goldbug ideologues, which to me suggests its not very sustainable. Its an interesting experiment, though.

IT IS interesting revisiting the first few pages of this thread

ThaVirus 03-29-2024 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 17461934)
So if I had just invested $10K when this thread started it would be worth $175,000,000.

This is sad for me to read. I could really use $175,000,000 right now.

Jewish Rabbi 03-29-2024 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17461966)
This is sad for me to read. I could really use $175,000,000 right now.

If it makes you feel better, there’s an almost 0% chance you would have held for the last 11 years.

BWillie 03-29-2024 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 17461967)
If it makes you feel better, there’s an almost 0% chance you would have held for the last 11 years.

Diamond hands

ThaVirus 03-29-2024 01:10 PM

Quote:

It doesn’t but you are right and I know that deep down. Especially me. I’m such a safe little bitch. I would have sold the instant my investment tripled and been kicking myself even worse than I am now.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-30-2024 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9579186)
I have 25 bitcoins that I've been playing with... bought a few months ago for around $10... I took a $250 risk and now it's worth over $2500.

I love the concept of it, since I hate the greedy international bankers in control of the central banks, fractional reserve banking, and fiat currency.

:drool:

RINGLEADER 03-30-2024 01:51 AM

Quote:

This is a good point, but I think I’d feel even worse if I had bought in and bailed out.

I don’t get Bitcoin at all but it makes me very happy knowing there are people who had the foresight to buy in early.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-30-2024 12:53 PM

This guy right here built a successful business and became a millionaire, then he got into Crypto and the Grayscale trusts. He expects to be worth over 1 Billion a the end of the current bull run. The mansion you see in the background was bought solely from profits from LTCN during the last bull run.

Here he gives some good advice about handling bank accounts and your big money.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UcXkpsEIYrs?si=ZcRUym9MdpJg_E_B" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pinchshot 03-30-2024 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 17461775)
This is where the moneys at

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/grVtgZOwf_Y?si=Sy-KVzXzNC-jg0Hv" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Careful with Grayscale. They are colluding with Blackrock to dump all their Bitcoin so Blackrock can buy them. You need to have real Bitcoin and not these paper Bitcoins.

Only 900 Bitcoin are produced daily (450 after the halving). Blackrock and the other ETFs are buying 12K per day. There simply isn't enough supply. Thus the parabolic price increase.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-30-2024 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinchshot (Post 17462796)
Careful with Grayscale. They are colluding with Blackrock to dump all their Bitcoin so Blackrock can buy them. You need to have real Bitcoin and not these paper Bitcoins.

Only 900 Bitcoin are produced daily (450 after the halving). Blackrock and the other ETFs are buying 12K per day. There simply isn't enough supply. Thus the parabolic price increase.

I don't own any GBTC, that's the only one it may affect, correct ?

While this has been known, it looks like GBTC has still been going up.

Pinchshot 03-30-2024 02:51 PM

IBIT is the fastest growing ETF in history.
-- Larry Fink

They started a Gold ETF years ago. It took 15 years to reach what the Bitcoin ETFs did in a month.

These ETFs are game changers because people that know nothing can buy the ETFs. IBIT and Vanguard are buying $1B PER DAY.

That said, get the real stuff instead of the ETF.

My 2 cents.

Jewish Rabbi 03-30-2024 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinchshot (Post 17462861)
-- Larry Fink

They started a Gold ETF years ago. It took 15 years to reach what the Bitcoin ETFs did in a month.

These ETFs are game changers because people that know nothing can buy the ETFs. IBIT and Vanguard are buying $1B PER DAY.

My 2 cents.

Vanguard has refused to do a Bitcoin ETF.

ChiefRocka 03-30-2024 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinchshot (Post 17462861)
-- Larry Fink

My 2 cents.

This guy knows.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-31-2024 03:14 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NgJxrGjJ-XU?si=2j7AxkEQOJROzxsM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-20-2024 08:43 AM

Bitcoin Halving yesterday, Bull Run now to begin

Got my bags loaded

BCHG
LTCN
ZCSH

XRP

BWillie 04-20-2024 09:19 AM

That guy who tried to burn himself alive can't hold us down

ChiefRocka 05-23-2024 05:15 AM

BTC $69,775
ETH $3,850

BWillie 05-24-2024 09:46 AM

Samourai Wallet founders indicted. This is tyranny

https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2024...ed-on-1m-bond/

If any of you used this wallet and your coins arent showing they arent lost. There is a specific way to restore your wallet.

Imon Yourside 05-24-2024 12:07 PM

Congrats on winnie Teedub :) I hope you're still doing so