ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319206)

htismaqe 10-09-2020 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15230311)
I gave the mods a detailed plan for me and Myslod to be mods in DC. No one can be banned, disciplined etc. without the others approval. Equal treatment. Both Left and Right have to agree or no discipline is handed out. The endgame was to decrease the name calling and vitriol in DC and focus on the issues.

Never heard a word from the mods or AustinChief. Followed up several times. Not even a response. Thats a bad idea. Nothing. It was a missed chance that could have possibly changed the path that led to the extreme rancor and personal insults that are a fact of life in DC these days.

No offense but I'm not surprised. Generally, volunteering to be a mod doesn't work. I'd focus on your plan first, get them to buy in, and then suggest candidates for moderator.

Abba-Dabba 10-09-2020 06:46 AM

Not down with censorship but the manner of discourse has to change.

GloryDayz 10-09-2020 06:47 AM

Then there's this guy in the DC...

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...99&oe=5FA6FF0C

ChiefsCountry 10-09-2020 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15230314)
I come in peace but I honestly haven't noticed any politic stuff in all the games I've watched and I've watched nearly all available to me. Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention or I've got a higher tolerance but It's been perfectly fine IMO. Its the political ads at commercial that are the worst.

NFL has ran a commercial sponsored by the NFL about cops killing black men. Saw it multiple times last night.

htismaqe 10-09-2020 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 15230362)
NFL has ran a commercial sponsored by the NFL about cops killing black men. Saw it multiple times last night.

Because of the weird schedule, I haven't watched any Sunday football for a while. It's all been streaming ESPN or NFLN. And on those streams, a lot of the commercials are replaced by a splash screen.

Baby Lee 10-09-2020 07:06 AM

Has anyone mentioned [recently?] that calling this a sports forum is a bit off mark, as we fancy [fancied? who the **** knows anymore. . . ] ourselves more as a watering hole with a sports theme. Talk about what you find interesting. Ignore what you don't.

htismaqe 10-09-2020 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15230370)
Has anyone mentioned [recntly?] that calling this a sports forum is a bit off mark, as we fancy [fancied? who the **** knows anymore. . . ] ourselves more as a watering hole with a sports theme. Talk about what you find interesting. Ignore what you don't.

patteu has, but more in a "pining for the good old days" sort of way.

Frazod 10-09-2020 07:12 AM

Quote:

I gave the mods a detailed plan for me and Myslod to be mods in DC. No one can be banned, disciplined etc. without the others approval. Equal treatment. Both Left and Right have to agree or no discipline is handed out. The endgame was to decrease the name calling and vitriol in DC and focus on the issues.

Never heard a word from the mods or AustinChief. Followed up several times. Not even a response. Thats a bad idea. Nothing. It was a missed chance that could have possibly changed the path that led to the extreme rancor and personal insults that are a fact of life in DC these days.

You're just desperate to be in charge of something around here, aren't you? LMAO

stevieray 10-09-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

It was a missed chance that could have possibly changed the path that led to the extreme rancor and personal insults that are a fact of life in DC these days.

Dougie, please stop pretending that personal insults are only relegated to the DC forum.

Baby Lee 10-09-2020 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15230377)
patteu has, but more in a "pining for the good old days" sort of way.

Stands to reason, one of the smartest guys here.

[mostly because of how often he agrees with me]

[[really, it's uncanny how many times (over many years, of course) I read a thread mentally formulating my counter-arguments, and at the end of the thread, ol' patty has my arguments already outlined in his own response.]]

htismaqe 10-09-2020 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15230390)
Stands to reason, one of the smartest guys here.

[mostly because of how often he agrees with me]

[[really, it's uncanny how many times (over many years, of course) I read a thread mentally formulating my counter-arguments, and at the end of the thread, ol' patty has my arguments already outlined in his own response.]]

And one of the most vocal about not needing a DC forum to this day, 16 years later.

It is what it is at this point. There's no way it could be undone now. So it's kind of moot.

Bwana 10-09-2020 07:56 AM

After sleeping on it, I would probably be more inclined to focus on the people who come into the Lounge and carp all over the place with DC stuff, than DC itself for now. Once again without digging deep into it, I would say that probably only involves 20 people, or less, likely closer to 10.

stevieray 10-09-2020 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 15230416)
After sleeping on it, I would probably be more inclined to focus on the people who come into the Lounge and carp all over the place with DC stuff, than DC itself for now. Once again without digging deep into it, I would say that probably only involves 20 people, or less, likely closer to 10.

It's not that hard to do....

...like not having the police involved in your life.

:D

Baby Lee 10-09-2020 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15230413)
And one of the most vocal about not needing a DC forum to this day, 16 years later.

It is what it is at this point. There's no way it could be undone now. So it's kind of moot.

Don't think I don't agree, I've just given up . . .

And actually, the string of the ghetto was salved a bit when we got a BUNCH of subforums, instead of just the one. DC is 'niche' not pariah. ;)

Actually, the problem is different in nature, not extent, now.

Back then it was spamming, with jAZ and Clearvision and BushLiedPeopleDied popping up with an entire front page of threads every day. Content got pushed down the list out of sheer volume.

FloridaMan88 10-09-2020 08:12 AM

Mods should be more focused on the thread with fake news/baseless speculation that Mahomes is seriously injured.

Shut that shit down.