ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tony Romo rumor (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305387)

notorious 02-16-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12744659)
You're the one who tried to compare this situation to Manning's.
Posted via Mobile Device

It was an observation, and it's true.

Did I compare their style of play? Nope. Did I compare their offense? Nope.

Coogs 02-16-2017 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 12744555)
1-3 in the playoffs..... no Super Bowl.....2006 playoffs fumbled the ball on game deciding kick....2007 Cowboys eliminated from playoffs by a Romo INT in the endzone at the end of the game to lose 21-17.....2008 committed 3 turnovers in a 46-6 playoff loss to Andy Reid's Eagles.....Finally won a playoff game in 2009 only to shit the bed the next week against.....the Vikings. 3 fumbles and a INT pathetic....The rest is no playoffs and a bunch of injuries.....

Your comparison of Romo to Rodgers sucks.....

They beat Detroit 2/3 years ago, and then dropped a heartbreaker in Green Bay when they called the 4th down pass to Dez incomplete at the goal line.

kccrow 02-16-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12744578)
I'd do that Smith trade 10 times out of 10 still.

What was your alternative to it?
Posted via Mobile Device

What would have been wrong with signing Ryan Fitzpatrick at that juncture? I was in favor of Fitzpatrick. Alot of Chiefs' fans were on board with a FA to get through 2013 with until the draft presented much better options in 2014. I recall many thinking Jason Campbell was a guy to give a shot. The '13 class was historically terrible and everyone knew it, but there were some good looking players in 2014. The Alex Smith trade made the Chiefs blind to drafting a QB early after that. While Fitzpatrick probably would have been a worse option, he wouldn't have costed draft capital and the Chiefs probably look for the future earlier.

Either way, hindsight doesn't provide much perspective. The Chiefs, obviously, have to address the QB position soon. Alex has 2 years left. The Chiefs are good enough they are not going to be drafting in the top 5 before then. If the Chiefs want a QB, they need to pick one to groom. This is a good year, the way it looks, to do so.

Many of us think Romo provides the Chiefs a better opportunity to win the Super Bowl while that QB gets groomed. If the Chiefs go out and get a QB in the draft that has the potential to be a starter when Alex retires, I won't bitch as much about Alex Smith being on the team, but I still think passing on Romo to keep Smith is stupid.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-16-2017 07:49 PM

Jason Campbell JFC

BigCatDaddy 02-16-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12744680)
What would have been wrong with signing Ryan Fitzpatrick at that juncture? I was in favor of Fitzpatrick. Alot of Chiefs' fans were on board with a FA to get through 2013 with until the draft presented much better options in 2014. I recall many thinking Jason Campbell was a guy to give a shot. The '13 class was historically terrible and everyone knew it, but there were some good looking players in 2014. The Alex Smith trade made the Chiefs blind to drafting a QB early after that. While Fitzpatrick probably would have been a worse option, he wouldn't have costed draft capital and the Chiefs probably look for the future earlier.

Either way, hindsight doesn't provide much perspective. The Chiefs, obviously, have to address the QB position soon. Alex has 2 years left. The Chiefs are good enough they are not going to be drafting in the top 5 before then. If the Chiefs want a QB, they need to pick one to groom. This is a good year, the way it looks, to do so.

Many of us think Romo provides the Chiefs a better opportunity to win the Super Bowl while that QB gets groomed. If the Chiefs go out and get a QB in the draft that has the potential to be a starter when Alex retires, I won't bitch as much about Alex Smith being on the team, but I still think passing on Romo to keep Smith is stupid.

Trading the 1st overall for Cousins was also kicked around back then and in hindsight would have been the correct play.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-16-2017 08:32 PM

The same Cousins that has ****ed his team in every big game they have played in??? JFC

Mother****erJones 02-16-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12744578)
I'd do that Smith trade 10 times out of 10 still.

What was your alternative to it?
Posted via Mobile Device

For me, it's draft a QB at 27. Then either keep Smith or get Romo. Personally, I'd roll with Foles while I develop someone. I don't think the drop off is that dramatic from Smith to Foles. I like Romo but his health scares me. If KC can flat out sign him to a 3 year deal and let Kizer or Mahomes develop, that is ideal. I'm not a huge fan of watching Smith mentor someone. His pocket presence is awful and his decision making is ok.

So it's either sign or trade for Romo or keep Alex, while taking a QB at 27.

-King- 02-16-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12744768)
For me, it's draft a QB at 27. Then either keep Smith or get Romo. Personally, I'd roll with Foles while I develop someone. I don't think the drop off is that dramatic from Smith to Foles. I like Romo but his health scares me. If KC can flat out sign him to a 3 year deal and let Kizer or Mahomes develop, that is ideal. I'm not a huge fan of watching Smith mentor someone. His pocket presence is awful and his decision making is ok.

So it's either sign or trade for Romo or keep Alex, while taking a QB at 27.

Oh I'm the same. I'd have no problem with staying with Smith or getting Romo if we drafted a QB. I think we'll need to move up to the teens to get Watson, the QB I want.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy 02-16-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12744745)
The same Cousins that has ****ed his team in every big game they have played in??? JFC

JFC you would shit on any gold brick not dressed in Chiefs gear. He threw for five ****ing thousand yards and 25TDs to 12 picks.

Mother****erJones 02-16-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12744776)
Oh I'm the same. I'd have no problem with staying with Smith or getting Romo if we drafted a QB. I think we'll need to move up to the teens to get Watson, the QB I want.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm curious because the QBs are all over the place. I like Mahomes but he's in that system from Texas Tech. His dad was a pro baseball player so he has the talent in his blood and his arm is amazing. Just haven't heard anything about his ability to read defenses. I watched Kizer back in high school in Toledo, so I'm biased. I'd love to get him but I don't see him getting passed Arizona. I'd love for KC to nut up and move up for a QB. But this organization is gutless. They play it safe all the time. I just want my first round QB.

DadLeft4Cigarettes 02-16-2017 09:08 PM

andy chase we land John Man sell any1 herd?

Kman34 02-16-2017 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DadLeft4Cigarettes (Post 12744809)

Anyone have a translation????? Decoder ring or something??

Nickhead 02-16-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DadLeft4Cigarettes (Post 12744809)

**** you and johnny manziel :D

-King- 02-16-2017 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12744784)
I'm curious because the QBs are all over the place. I like Mahomes but he's in that system from Texas Tech. His dad was a pro baseball player so he has the talent in his blood and his arm is amazing. Just haven't heard anything about his ability to read defenses. I watched Kizer back in high school in Toledo, so I'm biased. I'd love to get him but I don't see him getting passed Arizona. I'd love for KC to nut up and move up for a QB. But this organization is gutless. They play it safe all the time. I just want my first round QB.

I don't like associating what Dorsey or Reid do with the failures of past chiefs teams. They know how important QBs are. Reid's first ever draft pick was McNabb with the 2nd overall pick. I think he knows he has to get a QB to replace Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief Northman 02-16-2017 10:09 PM

Anyone think the Chiefs "tank" this season so they position themselves for a franchise signal caller in 2018?

- #2 SOS this season
- Risers like Oakland, a potential Romo signing in Houston or Denver, and Big Ben threatening retirement tells me KC is not a storyline this season.
- Aging/injured players on defense with a declining pass rush
- Big questions with Poe/Berry contract-wise
- Porous run defense with no quick fix in sight
- Off year for a visibly declining Maclin
- Running game efficiency declined as season wore on
- Smith's worst of his 4 years in KC.

It may be frustrating, but I would not be opposed to see Dorsey go full steam ahead on a minor rebuild. Draft a QB this year, and double down with a better one next year. Let some of the old, aging fat cats walk, collect compensatory picks, and build a young hungry, athletic team with a promising QBOTF at the helm.