ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***The Dee Ford Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283510)

TribalElder 05-25-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10649839)
Simple, I don't think that Flowers was a very good corner last year. Certainly not worth top 10 money to play as the #1 in this system.

He might make top 10 money but I thought he was demoted to the slot aka #3 corner :shrug:

He is overpaid in my opinion and will not be around much longer I would guess based on the type of corners dorseyreid likes

Bowser 05-25-2014 10:58 AM

Not to derail the Dee Ford talk, however...

Flowers was injured throughout the season. He certainly struggled in Dutton's aggressive press man defense, but had moments where he shined. And it will forever be debated if we would have lost that playoff game had he not been pulled due to injury. He had made TY Hilton a non factor until he left the game. Plus, Flowers will be one of the main beneficiaries of improved safety play. Does all that equal him being one of the highest paid corners in the game? No, but I'm not ready to totally discount him for this season, either.

Discuss Thrower 05-25-2014 11:05 AM

Flowers has to know it's probably his farewell season in red and gold. Unless he just wants to collect vet minimum paychecks for the next five seasons, he's gotta play balls to the wall to justify a team giving him a good deal right?

RealSNR 05-25-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10649856)
Flowers has to know it's probably his farewell season in red and gold. Unless he just wants to collect vet minimum paychecks for the next five seasons, he's gotta play balls to the wall to justify a team giving him a good deal right?

Pioli will bail him out

Discuss Thrower 05-25-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10649908)
Pioli will bail him out

Nah, he'll be a Brown for cheaper.

Hammock Parties 08-25-2014 12:50 PM

23. Dee Ford, Kansas City Chiefs, OLB

Grade: -2.0
Snaps: 118

Analysis: Working with the second-teamers he hasn’t made anywhere near the impression he did in Week 1 when he worked over the now waived Chandler Burden. Has notched just a quarterback disruption per game without making much headway against the run. With Justin Houston and Tamba Hali ahead of him and guys who don’t really like leaving the field, he may be used sparingly in 2014.

ChiTown 08-25-2014 01:05 PM

Not impressed. I hated the pick then, and hate it now.

TLO 08-25-2014 01:07 PM

Meh.

John Dope 08-25-2014 01:08 PM

He hasn't been impressive. I have noticed they are putting him in lots of uncomfortable positions in the preseasons (lots of coverage etc.). I also remember that he's never played OLB but I am a little worried. I hope they have a plan for him this year and that he'll be serious a role player.

OldSchool 08-25-2014 01:13 PM

I don't care so much how he looks in coverage or even against the run (which he has done OK with), it's the fact that he hasn't looked good rushing the passer either. He just looks damn sloppy out there.

Mr. Laz 08-25-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10848426)
He hasn't been impressive. I have noticed they are putting him in lots of uncomfortable positions in the preseasons (lots of coverage etc.). I also remember that he's never played OLB but I am a little worried. I hope they have a plan for him this year and that he'll be serious a role player.

That idiot sutton is using him wrong.

Just line him up at RDE(Hali) and let him turn the corner. He can use his quick 1st step and speed to be productive until he learns more.

He's running around doing all this other shit and looks lost.

Easy 6 08-25-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10848443)
That idiot sutton is using him wrong.

Just line him up at RDE(Hali) and let him turn the corner. He can use his quick 1st step and speed to be productive until he learns more.

He's running around doing all this other shit and looks lost.

My hope is that they're using the preseason to help teach him the facets you mention, but will narrow his focus a lot more once we get into the schedule.

Mr. Laz 08-25-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 10848474)
My hope is that they're using the preseason to help teach him the facets you mention, but will narrow his focus a lot more once we get into the schedule.

While i agree with the premise, he still needs to learn NFL pass rushing techniques first and foremost for this season. They are trying to have him learn so much stuff he is probably going to be worthless this year.

Hali this year, Ford next.

Easy 6 08-25-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10848488)
While i agree with the premise, he still needs to learn NFL pass rushing techniques first and foremost for this season. They are trying to have him learn so much stuff he is probably going to be worthless this year.

Hali this year, Ford next.

Fair point.

notorious 08-25-2014 01:35 PM

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early to judge.