ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

DBOSHO 08-17-2011 11:45 PM

Saw the changeup yesterday. It was actually really funny. Plus olivia wilde is in it. HOLY SHIT that woman is a goddess.

nstygma 08-17-2011 11:51 PM

i saw two new movies at the drive in,
final destination 5 -garbage
horrible bosses -good
rewatched some old favorites this week too: the godfather, blade runner final cut, carlito's way, gladiator, taxi driver, and king of new york.
king of new york's ending is still not satisfying but ok i guess.

listopencil 08-18-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7797639)
What is the running opinion on King's Speech?

I avoided renting it for quite a while because the plot sounded horrible. Don't let the synopsis mislead you, this is a good movie. Well worth the rent on a quiet evening.

blaise 08-19-2011 06:26 AM

I read a story this morning that said Warner Bros is trying to remake The Wild Bunch.

Dayze 08-19-2011 09:05 AM

watched "127 Hours" last night. Really enjoyed it. there were times where FRanco played it so well, I almost felt freaked out imagining myself in the same situation.

and of course the main part......man, I was literally getting light headed at watchig it lol.

good flick.

Buehler445 08-19-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 7832805)
Saw the changeup yesterday. It was actually really funny. Plus olivia wilde is in it. HOLY SHIT that woman is a goddess.

Olivia Wilde is epic hot. I'm not even sure she's human, she's so goddamn hot. It's funny, my wife and I were watching House when the new crew came in, and she thought that Jennifer Morrison was better looking than Olivia Wilde. While Jennifer Morrison is nothing to scoff at, Olivia Wilde is in a whole different universe. After thoroughly discussing the different merits of aesthetic beauty, I think I have her convinced. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 7832820)
I avoided renting it for quite a while because the plot sounded horrible. Don't let the synopsis mislead you, this is a good movie. Well worth the rent on a quiet evening.

King's Speech is very good. However it is notably not entertaining in the Hollywood model. No explosions, no half naked chicks running around, no CGI, no cheesy one liners. Just a good story that is excellently acted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstygma (Post 7832809)
i saw two new movies at the drive in,
final destination 5 -garbage
horrible bosses -good
rewatched some old favorites this week too: the godfather, blade runner final cut, carlito's way, gladiator, taxi driver, and king of new york.
king of new york's ending is still not satisfying but ok i guess.

Why in the name of **** would you pay money for Final Destination 5?

nstygma 08-19-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 7835703)
Why in the name of **** would you pay money for Final Destination 5?

it was the first of two movies showing at the drive in. spent the majority of the time talkin and makin out ;)

Buehler445 08-19-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstygma (Post 7837617)
it was the first of two movies showing at the drive in. spent the majority of the time talkin and makin out ;)

Pics or it didn't happen. :D

Good call with that course of action.

nstygma 08-19-2011 08:02 PM

LOL
if i had pics, and i'm not saying i do, i wouldn't mention them since doing so would require me to post them ;)

chasedude 08-19-2011 10:39 PM

Just watched this tonight after the game. Wow, what a movie.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wRfiUfv9NWY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays the titular Hesher, a substance-abusing, tattooed waster who inadvertently befriends TJ (Devin Brochu), a young kid mourning the loss of his mother.

Aries Walker 08-21-2011 07:51 AM

I saw the remake of Fright Night yesterday. It was actually very good on its own merits.

Cheater5 08-21-2011 08:06 AM

Hesher looks really good. Kinda like 'My Bodyguard' but...way better. On an unrelated and completely irrelevant note, Joseph Gordon-Levitt looks nearly identical to a stoner I used to work with on a lawn-service back in the late '80s...guy would be high on shrooms clipping hedges. We wouldn't let him ride or push a mower...but we did let him drive the truck. Strange.

And Natalie Portman can't look un-hot no matter how hard they try.

listopencil 08-21-2011 11:39 PM

So I get home from work today (yes, I work on Sundays. It's OK, I worship Satan so it's no big deal) to find that my teenagers have discovered a bunch of movies that my older kids left at our house. I glance at the TV and Bram Stoker's Dracula is playing. I barely paid attention because it was horrible, just got on the computer instead. So...they're sifting through movies and my 13 year old pops in Starship Troopers. This pisses me off immediately. I don't recall who was responsible for this artless book-rape but I'd like to kill him/her. And now I'm more pissed because I know the douchebags in Hollywood won't remake it because the movie sucked giant infected penis and didn't make a huge load of cash. All because the ****tard who made this movie just couldn't tell a story. What a load of shit. That is all.

bowener 08-21-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 7842069)
So I get home from work today (yes, I work on Sundays. It's OK, I worship Satan so it's no big deal) to find that my teenagers have discovered a bunch of movies that my older kids left at our house. I glance at the TV and Bram Stoker's Dracula is playing. I barely paid attention because it was horrible, just got on the computer instead. So...they're sifting through movies and my 13 year old pops in Starship Troopers. This pisses me off immediately. I don't recall who was responsible for this artless book-rape but I'd like to kill him/her. And now I'm more pissed because I know the douchebags in Hollywood won't remake it because the movie sucked giant infected penis and didn't make a huge load of cash. All because the ****tard who made this movie just couldn't tell a story. What a load of shit. That is all.

But it had tits!

chasedude 08-22-2011 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 7842073)
But it had tits!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ph8V052fCN...2187-23782.jpg

And Clancy Brown.... MEDIC!!! LMAO