ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs **** Official Chiefs VS Patriots AFC Championship Game Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320346)

Dave454 01-14-2019 06:49 AM

I'd have forgiven Vick if he could have played worth a shit. But not only did Reid sign a dog killer, he signed a shitty QB that anyone with a brain knew was finished.

Rasputin 01-14-2019 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave454 (Post 14036646)
I talking about with the Eagles. Wow, uninformed much?

Uninformed much? We are talking Chiefs football not the ****ing Eagles. Wow what was I thinking.

Chiefs had Vic as an intern coaching as of last year. I forgot he played for Reid in Philly that was like 6 or 7 years ago.

Rasputin 01-14-2019 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave454 (Post 14036664)
I'd have forgiven Vick if he could have played worth a shit. But not only did Reid sign a dog killer, he signed a shitty QB that anyone with a brain knew was finished.

Vic isn't playing this weekend. Your Patriots are facing Patrick Mahomes II not Michael Vic.

Just thought I'd burst your bubble.

Dave454 01-14-2019 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 14036666)
I forgot he played for Reid in Philly that was like 6 or 7 years ago.

Catch up son.

007 01-14-2019 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14036210)

Been saying all week. Wanna be the best? Gotta beat the best. Only team I wanted to see this week are the Patriots. They've been the gold standard. That's the team I would want to beat.

Go CHIEFS

Dave454 01-14-2019 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 14036667)
Vic isn't playing this weekend. Your Patriots are facing Patrick Mahomes II not Michael Vic.

Another wiz kid.

RobertWeathers 01-14-2019 06:54 AM

Hi Chiefs Fans. I'm an old-time Pats fan not looking to cause trouble or troll.

Just curious what you think of this stat.

Mahomes QB rating with Hunt: 117.9 (12 games)

Mahomes QB rating without Hunt: 101.7 (5 games)

What are teams doing? Playing more zone? man? Less blitzing? is he injured?

Thoughts?

Rasputin 01-14-2019 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave454 (Post 14036670)
Catch up son.

I'm not living in the past this is now with Patrick Mahomes II.

Tom Brady is soon to be outed by a younger better talented and smart with the football quarterback.

Rasputin 01-14-2019 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertWeathers (Post 14036673)

Thoughts?

Guys like Williams are stepping up so even though we lost a dynamic player in Hunt he is replaced and Patrick is good at spreading the ball around. He can drop a dime on our fullback Sherman down the field for a Touchdown.

It's been an adjustment losing Hunt but he was replaceable in this offense. It's getting back in tuned.

Those games we were without Sammy Watkins so that may have more to do with drop in QB rating than losing Hunt.

Rams Fan 01-14-2019 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave454 (Post 14036639)
Is 'after the fact' a little too tough for you KC folks to figure out? I know there's no Harvard, or MIT, down there but jeez.

You probably went to UMass-Amherst, which is fine, but take collective credit for the work of others.

Kind of like Bill Simmons.

Rasputin 01-14-2019 07:03 AM

Yes play zone that is exactly what the Patriots need to do to stop Patrick Mahomes II

Mile High Mania 01-14-2019 07:05 AM

It's crazy to think that Brady has played in the AFC Championship game every consecutive season since Mahomes was a freshman in high school... Mahomes was in 8th grade the last time the Patriots failed to make it this far.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard 01-14-2019 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertWeathers (Post 14036673)

Thoughts?

Hunt was an exceptional talent, and oh, a couple of those games without Hunt were against the Ravens and @Seattle, teams that mix up coverages and play really good defense. Those early games were against teams that scored quickly and have junk defenses. It took the team a couple of games to figure out exactly how to compensate for Hunt's departure, but if you look at the numbers, the rushing average has remained fairly static. We also overhauled our defense @Seattle, putting two youngsters in as starters and switching to more 4 man fronts, which has paid dividends. For how much the talking heads trash our defense, they overlook two things :

1. Most teams were playing from behind. Way behind. So they threw, a lot. Often against soft zones and prevent defenses.

And

2. The Chiefs lead the league in sacks and QB pressures.

I'm only worried about the RBs and Edelman. If we can shut down the running game/catches out of the backfield and put the clamp on PEDelman, Ford, Jones, and Houston can tee off on Brady, make Super Bowl for Chiefs.

How's dem X's and O's?

RobertWeathers 01-14-2019 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 14036684)
Guys like Williams are stepping up so even though we lost a dynamic player in Hunt he is replaced and Patrick is good at spreading the ball around. He can drop a dime on our fullback Sherman down the field for a Touchdown.

It's been an adjustment losing Hunt but he was replaceable in this offense. It's getting back in tuned.

Those games we were without Sammy Watkins so that may have more to do with drop in QB rating than losing Hunt.

Williams ran real well vs Indy. Hes a legitimate concern for sure. Seems like he runs stronger between the tackles than Hunt did.

Yes- No Watkins although we locked him down regularly when he was with BUF. With that said BUF always sucks.

I think for us, not having Hunt out there is a blessing as he destroyed us in the passing game. We will most likely still allow a ton of points to y'all but it's a threat we don't have to commit additional resources to. It'll allow Chung/Devin to bracket Kelce, Hill will be bracketed by JC/Jason and we'll leave Gilmore alone on Watkins.

We'll mix fronts on the young Jedi in hopes of making him go through multiple progressions. I bet we rush 3 50% of the time and if he wants to run, great.

With that said we'll still allow over 30 and 450 yds :-).

It's gonna be a great game.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard 01-14-2019 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 14036688)
Yes play zone that is exactly what the Patriots need to do to stop Patrick Mahomes II

ROFL

No shit.

Belichick knows better. He knows he's gotta get pressure on PMII. Mahomes figured out that vaunted Patriots D in about a quarter and a half in week 6, and our defense is so, so much better now than it was at that point in the season.

But yeah...since the Patriots are absolute dogshit in man coverage, I suspect they'll play a lot of zone. And Kelce will eat that shit alive. Because he's the best tight end in football.