ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

L.A. Chieffan 08-16-2011 11:32 AM

gus will tell hank all his sides are made 100% organic and that will be the end of it

morphius 08-16-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7829015)
You're not overthinking it. He just drove a wedge between Walt and Jesse AND gave Jesse another job to occupy his free time with.

Yup, I saw it the same way. He is making Jesse his own man.

Thig Lyfe 08-16-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 7829030)
How close is Hank going to get to Gus after finding the pollos hermanos stuff in the case file. Or will he make any connection at all?

Surely Hank remembers Gus getting a tour of the DEA office as a corporate sponsor of their drug prevention program.

Backwards Masking 08-16-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 7828981)
wendy would do in a pinch

:D Hilarious. I loved Hanks line "Maybe you could get in the car, give him a Wendy." or something close to that.

Demonpenz 08-16-2011 09:33 PM

I forgot about Wendy Hahaha that was old school breaking bad!

rocknrolla 08-16-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 7830683)
I forgot about Wendy Hahaha that was old school breaking bad!

So did I. She seems so long ago. And this show is only starting it's forth season.

notorious 08-17-2011 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 7830023)
:D Hilarious. I loved Hanks line "Maybe you could get in the car, give him a Wendy." or something close to that.

The opening of an episode in late season 3 that showed her giving BJ's to her customers while the golden oldie "Wendy" song played was entertainment perfection.

eazyb81 08-17-2011 08:51 AM

Why in the hell was there a Los Pollos Hermanos bag in Gale's house anyways? It's not like he was taking meth home in it.

Pretty stupid of Gus to not completely separate the two businesses. He should not be transporting any meth product using Los Pollos Hermanos trucks or products.

Brock 08-17-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7831076)
Why in the hell was there a Los Pollos Hermanos bag in Gale's house anyways? It's not like he was taking meth home in it.

Pretty stupid of Gus to not completely separate the two businesses. He should not be transporting any meth product using Los Pollos Hermanos trucks or products.

I agree that's kind of a storyline flaw. The stuff would be transported in generic trucks with no connection to him whatsoever.

Reaper16 08-17-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7831076)

I don't remember a Los Pollos Hermanos bag. I remember a flier w/ the company logo on it and a telephone number scribbled on it.

As for separating the two businesses, well, I'm not sure what you mean by that. Los Pollos Hermanos exists as the front for his drug empire. It's a cover and it creates for him the large distribution network that he enjoys.

eazyb81 08-17-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7831092)
I don't remember a Los Pollos Hermanos bag. I remember a flier w/ the company logo on it and a telephone number scribbled on it.

As for separating the two businesses, well, I'm not sure what you mean by that. Los Pollos Hermanos exists as the front for his drug empire. It's a cover and it creates for him the large distribution network that he enjoys.

Bag, flier, whatever. The point is that I don't get why Gale would have had it in his apartment.

Of course the restaurant exists as a front to make him look like a legitimate businessman, and presumably to launder his money. But that certainly does not mean the businesses - one legal, one illegal - should be aligned in any way whatsoever. That is how empires get busted. Gus is smart - he should realize aligning the two in any way, such as using Pollos trucks to transfer meth or scribbling notes on Pollos stationary about the meth business, is playing with fire.

Reaper16 08-17-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7831173)
Bag, flier, whatever. The point is that I don't get why Gale would have had it in his apartment.

Of course the restaurant exists as a front to make him look like a legitimate businessman, and presumably to launder his money. But that certainly does not mean the businesses - one legal, one illegal - should be aligned in any way whatsoever. That is how empires get busted. Gus is smart - he should realize aligning the two in any way, such as using Pollos trucks to transfer meth or scribbling notes on Pollos stationary about the meth business, is playing with fire.

Trucks have checkpoints they have to deal with, right? And manifests? And are capable of being searched? Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that Gus' entire empire is built off of the distribution network made possible by the Hermanos fry batter shipped on those Hermanos trucks. There are always risks in the drug game, but this risk has made him the success that he is.

rocknrolla 08-17-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7831092)

I'm wondering if Walt thinking he is the superior genius, is going to try this with the car wash? And possibly did Walt plant that Los Pollos flier in the file? I'm prolly looking way too much into it.

Demonpenz 08-17-2011 10:32 AM

Walts probably going to use the Carwash as a front, instead of Batter there is going to be cars hauling up from mexico to be washed, and in the cars are drugs. Settting up the perfect enterance to Bumblebee and the Transformers to start to make their efforts known in breaking bad

Reaper16 08-17-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 7831243)
I'm wondering if Walt thinking he is the superior genius, is going to try this with the car wash? And possibly did Walt plant that Los Pollos flier in the file? I'm prolly looking way too much into it.

That carwash does have an excuse to completely renovate the underground and the piping and the filtration and the etc. due to the environmental laws "broken" by the previous business owner.