ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

KevB 07-26-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 7766284)
Watched American Beauty for the second time last night, i'd kinda forgot just how much i love that flic... incredible story, killer cast.

It really makes me think, humorous but very deep at the same time.

Look closer...

Agreed, excellent movie. I just watched Up in the Air again tonight, another adult movie that was sneaky good. I just really like that movie. Clooney and Farmiga are excellent.

BigMeatballDave 07-26-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7772068)
I loved it. It was my 3rd favorite film of 2009. It certainly deserved its Academy Award for Best Picture.

Really? I thought it bombed.

:)

Megbert 07-26-2011 11:53 PM

Just saw a preview screening of Cowboys and Aliens. It's good. Rather enjoyable I guess just didn't have that 'magic' that would've elevated it to great. I did like Ford as a crusty old cowboy. He's got another cowboy role lined up for a movie called Black Hats which has an interesting premise.

BigMeatballDave 07-26-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 7776381)
Agreed, excellent movie. I just watched Up in the Air again tonight, another adult movie that was sneaky good. I just really like that movie. Clooney and Farmiga are excellent.

She has a great ass

Megbert 07-27-2011 12:01 AM

If the movie Attack the Block is opening in your area, do yourself a favor and go see it. It opens this Friday.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1478964/

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/attack_the_block/

listopencil 07-27-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 7771320)
Eagle was excellent, based on the true story of a 5000 man strong Roman legion that was wiped out north of Hadrians wall in Scotland. Solid acting, incredible locations & the action sequences are as good as i've ever seen, choreographed & shot with a very distinct style, brutal & fast. Very well worth $3.

Oh, shit. I have to rent this. My ancestry (on my father's side) goes from Norway to Scotland back around 1204 or so. And then to America in the early 17th century. I love stories of Scots beating the living shit out of the Romans, and I am unreasonably proud of those guys. Not only could the Romans not beat the Scots but they felt the need to build a wall to protect themselves. Roman dogs. I spit on your graves.

listopencil 07-27-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 7732343)
I saw Sucker Punch this weekend for a buck.
stupidest story line of all time, but it was actually entertaining due to the special effects. hot chicks in britanny spears school girl outfits fighting zombie soldiers and dragons.

Finally rented "Sucker Punch". The storyline was not bad at all. I think the director did a great job of meshing the real story with the fantasy, fitting in the psychotic breaks, trauma and over-medication. Quite an enjoyable movie.

Easy 6 07-27-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 7776904)
Roman dogs. I spit on your graves.

LMAO, aye laddie... Scots Go Bragh!

Easy 6 07-27-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 7776904)
Oh, shit. I have to rent this. My ancestry (on my father's side) goes from Norway to Scotland back around 1204 or so. And then to America in the early 17th century. I love stories of Scots beating the living shit out of the Romans, and I am unreasonably proud of those guys. Not only could the Romans not beat the Scots but they felt the need to build a wall to protect themselves. Roman dogs. I spit on your graves.

Hopefully before you rush out to rent it on false info, its not The story of the 5000, but a fictious story built around it.

Still a killer rent & still has a great eye for medieval combat, great action.

Miles 07-30-2011 03:01 AM

Watched Source Code tonight. I thought the trailers looked fairly mediocre and derivative at best but I had expectations that it would be good since the reviews were very positive. It ended up being a pretty excellent follow up to Moon for Duncan Jones and confirms that he has some serious talent.

Frazod 07-30-2011 11:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I finally got around to watching the new True Grit last night. It had been so long since I saw the original that it was pretty much like a new movie for me. Outstanding. Made me forget how much No Country For Old Men pissed me off, which is probably the main reason I waited over a year to it. Awesome in every way.

One thing that struck me was how much the girl reminded me of Tim Olyphant. I kept wondering if she was his daughter or something, but she isn't. Or maybe mom knows something dad doesn't. :D

KcMizzou 07-30-2011 12:43 PM

Winter's Bone was added to Netflix instant today.

chasedude 07-30-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7788376)
Winter's Bone was added to Netflix instant today.

Awesome movie, I just caught the chance to see it about a month ago.

Miles 07-30-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7788289)
I finally got around to watching the new True Grit last night. It had been so long since I saw the original that it was pretty much like a new movie for me. Outstanding. Made me forget how much No Country For Old Men pissed me off, which is probably the main reason I waited over a year to it. Awesome in every way.

One thing that struck me was how much the girl reminded me of Tim Olyphant. I kept wondering if she was his daughter or something, but she isn't. Or maybe mom knows something dad doesn't. :D

I'm saying this partially to **** with you and also because it is true. True Grit was excellent but definitely inferior to No Country For Old Men.

Frazod 07-30-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 7788488)
I'm saying this partially to **** with you and also because it is true. True Grit was excellent but definitely inferior to No Country For Old Men.

You're out of your mind.