ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294504)

BigBeauford 02-29-2024 04:17 PM

This is a great video that breaks down why Helldivers shits all over most AAA microtransaction riddled games that only cares about shareholders.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qowX7x2bEX8?si=hUhCcQVk-Ixj99Bj" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ToxSocks 02-29-2024 04:33 PM

Anyone else looking forward to FF7 Rebirth?

Sassy Squatch 02-29-2024 04:37 PM

Picking it up right now.

ToxSocks 02-29-2024 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17423120)
Picking it up right now.

Nice. Let me know what you think. I recently picked up a PS5. Never finished FF7 Remake on PS4 so starting over on PS5 and hoping to finish it before i pick up Rebirth.

Imon Yourside 02-29-2024 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17423115)
Anyone else looking forward to FF7 Rebirth?

Is it on PC? I got into FF1 and FF7 but the others I played never really pulled me in. I was a lot younger back then and played only single player games though, is Rebirth turn based? If so and it's on PC I might give it a go, but in general they weren't really my thing.

Sassy Squatch 02-29-2024 05:46 PM

Not for 3 months. I believe there's a way to make it turn based but it's way more action oriented this time around. Still got the same abilities as far as Limit Breaks and timed bars for Special Attacks but in the meantime you're constantly attacking, dodging, and blocking as well. This game has refined it even more from what I've seen. It's a pretty damn good gameplay loop.

Sassy Squatch 02-29-2024 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17423126)
Nice. Let me know what you think. I recently picked up a PS5. Never finished FF7 Remake on PS4 so starting over on PS5 and hoping to finish it before i pick up Rebirth.

I have no idea how you wouldn't like this one unless you just absolutely despise the new gameplay. It's quintessential Final Fantasy, both good and bad.

Imon Yourside 02-29-2024 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17423189)
Not for 3 months. I believe there's a way to make it turn based but it's way more action oriented this time around. Still got the same abilities as far as Limit Breaks and timed bars for Special Attacks but in the meantime you're constantly attacking, dodging, and blocking as well. This game has refined it even more from what I've seen. It's a pretty damn good gameplay loop.

I just remember the super over powered fun limit breaks, it felt like a movie when I used them. :)

I prefer turn based in these games though.

Sassy Squatch 02-29-2024 05:58 PM

Might not be for you then. Especially once you get into the late game, there's some difficulty spikes on par with Dark Souls (**** YOU HELL HOUSE)

Imon Yourside 02-29-2024 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17423197)
Might not be for you then. Especially once you get into the late game, there's some difficulty spikes on par with Dark Souls (**** YOU HELL HOUSE)

I'm definitely not a fan of Dark Souls but if it's too hard I have Cheat engine for single player and can self adjust the difficulty to what I like. Ya I don't play for achievements or any of that garbage, that was an xbox thing I never paid attention to. If you can select turn based then I might try it otherwise ya it's not for me.

Frazod 02-29-2024 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17414554)
Lmk what you think of it, I'm on the fence but will probably buy it eventually.

I couldn't get into it. Probably too burned out from the last one, that seems like it's pretty much the same game. I do plan on giving it another go, but not right now.

I actually started another Starfield run. I just don't feel like figuring out new shit right now. :D

Imon Yourside 02-29-2024 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17423214)
I couldn't get into it. Probably too burned out from the last one, that seems like it's pretty much the same game. I do plan on giving it another go, but not right now.

I actually started another Starfield run. I just don't feel like figuring out new shit right now. :D

I feel ya man, I only do survival games when I'm in the mood. Palworld kinda spoiled me on survival games because it's light and I can mod out things I hate. I increased resource drops like x5 and turned off carry weight crap. I also modded in fast travel from anywhere and other annoying "features" of survival. Something like Valheim can be fun a month every year or two but for the most part survival games are just annoyance simulators.

Like you said gaming is me time, do whatever you have fun with. I still plan to play Starfield but I want a ton of mods to get rid of annoying parts for me.

Sassy Squatch 02-29-2024 06:32 PM

Oh, it's not on par with Dark Souls unless you're going for Super Bosses. It just had a couple rough spikes in difficulty.

Sassy Squatch 02-29-2024 06:33 PM

And in fairness, it was only hard because I was ignorant to what the game was trying to teach me. Once I cooled off and came back it was quite a bit more manageable.

Imon Yourside 02-29-2024 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17423229)
Oh, it's not on par with Dark Souls unless you're going for Super Bosses. It just had a couple rough spikes in difficulty.

The Important part to me is that you can make it turn based, that's what I remember loving the strategy of for these games for me. As long as I can do that it's cool, and I'll give it a shot.

Sassy Squatch 02-29-2024 07:10 PM

Just went and watched a video of classic mode. I don't know exactly what it is, but it's certainly not turn based. So no, you can't.

ThaVirus 02-29-2024 07:48 PM

I was reading that early reviews are giving FF7 Rebirth Game of the Year vibes.

We’ll see. I still have to play FF7 Remake after I finish Days Gone.

Sassy Squatch 03-01-2024 09:49 AM

They really expanded the open world aspect in Rebirth. Now I see where the 100+ hour playtime comes into effect.

ToxSocks 03-01-2024 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17423297)

Yeah these last few nights ive been putting hours into FF7 Remake in anticipation of picking up Rebirth in a few weeks. Really starting to love the hybrid turn based/live action combat system. Each character is unique and fun to play with. And obviously its hitting all the nostalgy buttons.

I want to play them consecutively. I want to finish the story (for old time's sake) and get good at the systems before diving into Rebirth.

Gravedigger 03-01-2024 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17423830)
Yeah these last few nights ive been putting hours into FF7 Remake in anticipation of picking up Rebirth in a few weeks. Really starting to love the hybrid turn based/live action combat system. Each character is unique and fun to play with. And obviously its hitting all the nostalgy buttons.

I want to play them consecutively. I want to finish the story (for old time's sake) and get good at the systems before diving into Rebirth.

Same, I'm in Chapter 13 atm, I beat FF7 Remake when it first came out but haven't played it since. No better time to finish it up and go into the next one.

Mecca 03-01-2024 11:34 AM

Lots of stuff going around that a video game crash is coming...

Imon Yourside 03-01-2024 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17424012)
Lots of stuff going around that a video game crash is coming...

What does this mean?

Mecca 03-01-2024 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17424025)
What does this mean?

Basically the industry is in a shitty place, there are going to be less games made.

Look at all the studios firing people and closing, it's getting a little out of hand.

Also all of their obsessions with making games like fortnight is killing the market too, like that god awful justice league game.

Imon Yourside 03-01-2024 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17424083)
Basically the industry is in a shitty place, there are going to be less games made.

Look at all the studios firing people and closing, it's getting a little out of hand.

Also all of their obsessions with making games like fortnight is killing the market too, like that god awful justice league game.

Smaller devs are thriving and taking over, I'm here for it. Palworld, Enshrouded, Last Epoch and Helldivers are all major recent successes.

BigBeauford 03-01-2024 12:17 PM

The AAA industry is definitely in a bad spot. The insane budgets have required games to monetize to the point where players have begun to reject these practices with their wallets. The steam charts indicate that indies and AA studios are feasting.

What I'm seeing is a bunch of studio closures (mostly) from projects that were highly unprofitable or they just plain delivered the opposite or what gamers asked for (hello Saints Row).

Imon Yourside 03-01-2024 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17424107)
The AAA industry is definitely in a bad spot. The insane budgets have required games to monetize to the point where players have begun to reject these practices with their wallets. The steam charts indicate that indies and AA studios are feasting.

What I'm seeing is a bunch of studio closures (mostly) from projects that were highly unprofitable or they just plain delivered the opposite or what gamers asked for (hello Saints Row).

The industry and customers will reset it just fine, have to adapt and stop making shitty microtransaction online only garbage. Great games have all started with a passion to make them, if you don't have that it will be obvious and the suckers are less likely to buy in.

BigBeauford 03-01-2024 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17424124)
The industry and customers will reset it just fine, have to adapt and stop making shitty microtransaction online only garbage. Great games have all started with a passion to make them, if you don't have that it will be obvious and the suckers are less likely to buy in.

Yessir, I think you are seeing a pasture burn of the bloat. The remaining soil is going to be nice and ripe since gaming has never been more prolific than it is now.

Ming the Merciless 03-01-2024 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17424104)
Smaller devs are thriving and taking over, I'm here for it. Palworld, Enshrouded, Last Epoch and Helldivers are all major recent successes.

ill just add some other titles like valheim, terraria, core keeper,lethal company, factorio, the dwarf mining game (foprgot the title) etc... that set the stage for those guys to succeed

and also to Steam, the platform that allows us to find these great independent games

In58men 03-01-2024 09:29 PM

I haven’t played games in years, typically RE games only. Just came across the Ready or Not trailer, that shit looks awesome.

Bump 03-01-2024 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17424124)

if you avoid the big names like EA, Activision/Blizzard and Ubisoft. You'll be a lot better off. There might be a couple of decent games those ones would put out but it's rare. Basically avoid publicly traded companies with games, they are there for their shareholders, not to make a great game. I would be surprised if those companies even allow creativity in their workplace. They are probably only allowed to stick to a 'proven forumula' where indy's are working on passion projects and encourage creativity.

WhawhaWhat 03-02-2024 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17423297)

I played for 4 hours today and it's very good. Basically played through the demo again and a little bit more. Can't wait to get through this game although dreading one scene that I am sure is coming in this one.

Sassy Squatch 03-02-2024 07:11 PM

The World Intel really adds to the runtime of the game if you do it. Every region I've done has been 5+ hours to 100% and they seem to come every other chapter or so.

Sassy Squatch 03-03-2024 02:45 PM

Good Lord LMAO. I guess they heard all the complaining about Tifa and took heed. The fan service is ridiculous at points. I will say they've done an absolutely phenomenal job of building the relationships between the characters in a believable way. Red XIII may be the funniest character so far for one scene in particular.

BigBeauford 03-04-2024 01:29 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So what is unique about an &quot;inverse decay curve&quot; and why do I use that term instead of &quot;growth&quot;? Well, internet, it&#39;s not because I&#39;m being &quot;obnoxious&quot; (but thanks for that) - but because it&#39;s a real thing. This is what a typical sales decay curve can look like for a Q1 release: <a href="https://t.co/T7uP2M0b7v">pic.twitter.com/T7uP2M0b7v</a></p>&mdash; Mat Piscatella (@MatPiscatella) <a href="https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1764721470343962651?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 4, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://i.imgflip.com/8hyq0d.jpg

Bump 03-04-2024 05:50 PM

I'm in, who knows when it comes out though

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1S-l7NySFsI?si=v03buyZcLHolcC5l" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tredadda 03-05-2024 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17426515)
Good Lord LMAO. I guess they heard all the complaining about Tifa and took heed. The fan service is ridiculous at points. I will say they've done an absolutely phenomenal job of building the relationships between the characters in a believable way. Red XIII may be the funniest character so far for one scene in particular.

What is the issue? Not sure I heard anything, or I am out of the loop.

Sassy Squatch 03-05-2024 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17428671)
What is the issue? Not sure I heard anything, or I am out of the loop.

It was a relatively small issue, but they've been going out of their way to censor younger Tifa at Nibelheim recently. Makes sense to me but someone's always gotta complain. To contrast that, they crammed the game with quite a bit of fan service of her in particular.

Sassy Squatch 03-05-2024 02:09 PM

As for the game itself, the only real complaints I have is the side content isn't QUITE engaging enough for how much of it there is, and even though it's technically "optional" you're putting yourself at a severe disadvantage in multiple ways by not doing it. Also, as characters get added they (understandably) hog the screentime for quite a while and other characters are pretty much left to the back burner for LARGE swaths of game time.

tredadda 03-05-2024 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17428950)
It was a relatively small issue, but they've been going out of their way to censor younger Tifa at Nibelheim recently. Makes sense to me but someone's always gotta complain. To contrast that, they crammed the game with quite a bit of fan service of her in particular.

I gotcha. I guess no matter what someone will not be happy.

WhawhaWhat 03-06-2024 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17428959)
As for the game itself, the only real complaints I have is the side content isn't QUITE engaging enough for how much of it there is, and even though it's technically "optional" you're putting yourself at a severe disadvantage in multiple ways by not doing it.

I agree with this. They basically replaced the level grinding in the old game with a bunch of little side quests, but they added TONS of them and it kind of ruins the flow of the game. These little inconsequential side stories shouldn't take away the focus in the main story.

ToxSocks 03-06-2024 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 17430255)
I agree with this. They basically replaced the level grinding in the old game with a bunch of little side quests, but they added TONS of them and it kind of ruins the flow of the game. These little inconsequential side stories shouldn't take away the focus in the main story.

So like an MMORPG then.

Sassy Squatch 03-06-2024 03:36 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately the more I play the more my minor complaints become major ones. There have been a couple of story beats that were necessary to advance the plot but were incredibly poorly executed. Also **** whoever designed the Gongaga open world map. That one area has all but killed any interest I'd ever have of doing a repeat playthrough.

Sassy Squatch 03-06-2024 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17430282)
So like an MMORPG then.

Eh, it's not THAT bad. And for the most part each side quest usually focuses on a party member that Cloud interacts with throughout the mission.

Rausch 03-06-2024 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17423192)

I prefer turn based in these games though.

Ditto. We have Dragon Quest 11 (also great) but that's about it.

ToxSocks 03-06-2024 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17430287)
Eh, it's not THAT bad. And for the most part each side quest usually focuses on a party member that Cloud interacts with throughout the mission.

I haven't finished "Remake" yet (but i finished the original game back in '97) and my wife badly wants me to buy Rebirth so she can play it. She of course has never played any FF game ever.

I'm like, "NO! You have to to finish the story in order! You don't get it! You can't just skip the first installment!"

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="13045775" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1.78808" data-width="30%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/kitty-kitten-annoyed-irritated-tantrum-gif-13045775">Kitty Kitten GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/kitty-gifs">Kitty GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

ThaVirus 03-06-2024 04:04 PM

Alright, I finally finished the story of Days Gone. It was far better than I thought it would be given the rough release. I even made it a point to go through and defeat all of the hordes on the map because I was enjoying it so much.

The bike mechanics were pretty annoying early on, though realistic. Thankfully by the end of the game, once you’ve upgraded your bike to max gas tank and have hella guns, stopping for gas out “in the shit” wasn’t too big of a deal.

Other than that, it had a decent story, good characters, good voice acting, graphics were good, fun gameplay.

I’d recommend this one.

tredadda 03-07-2024 08:21 AM

Quote:

I am still in chapter 2 and it’s feeling more Skyrim-esque from an exploration standpoint. I find myself wandering around looking for towers, intel battles, those places of discovery that the red owls lead you towards etc…. Also I find myself wanting to smash that stupid music thing next to Chadley every time I get near him.

WhawhaWhat 03-07-2024 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17430883)
I am still in chapter 2 and it’s feeling more Skyrim-esque from an exploration standpoint. I find myself wandering around looking for towers, intel battles, those places of discovery that the red owls lead you towards etc…. Also I find myself wanting to smash that stupid music thing next to Chadley every time I get near him.

I'd like to just smash Chadley. I hate that nerd.

Sassy Squatch 03-07-2024 08:41 AM

LMAO Oh dude, if you're only in chapter two and already losing patience with Chadley you ain't seen nothing yet.

tredadda 03-07-2024 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17430899)
LMAO Oh dude, if you're only in chapter two and already losing patience with Chadley you ain't seen nothing yet.

Yay! Can’t wait. LMAO

WhawhaWhat 03-07-2024 01:08 PM

I had my controller speaker on silent and just now put together that was why I couldn't ever hear Chadley speaking during those missions. I've played so many RPGs over the years where nobody spoke out loud or only during certain scenes that the silence didn't really bother me.

SurroundedByMorons 03-08-2024 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17427594)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So what is unique about an &quot;inverse decay curve&quot; and why do I use that term instead of &quot;growth&quot;? Well, internet, it&#39;s not because I&#39;m being &quot;obnoxious&quot; (but thanks for that) - but because it&#39;s a real thing. This is what a typical sales decay curve can look like for a Q1 release: <a href="https://t.co/T7uP2M0b7v">pic.twitter.com/T7uP2M0b7v</a></p>&mdash; Mat Piscatella (@MatPiscatella) <a href="https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1764721470343962651?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 4, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://i.imgflip.com/8hyq0d.jpg

You talked me into it. It's fun, no doubt. The chaos is like having several small heart attacks over 40 minutes straight.

Sofa King 03-08-2024 05:04 PM

I get killed by teammates as much if not more than bugs

BigBeauford 03-09-2024 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurroundedByMorons (Post 17432386)
You talked me into it. It's fun, no doubt. The chaos is like having several small heart attacks over 40 minutes straight.

Awesome, be happy to play sometime.

Jerm 03-11-2024 10:16 PM

Downloaded Hell Let Loose on Gamepass after seeing some videos on it and holy shit, this game is ****ing awesome.

Getting my ass handed to me as a noob lol but slowly getting the hang on it…

Anyone that’s into tactical, milsim squad games or WWII should check this out…

Imon Yourside 03-12-2024 04:06 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0ABRYnvjJd4" title="Last Epoch Ruined Everything For Me" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BleedingRed 03-14-2024 08:50 AM

Helldivers is amazing btw

BleedingRed 03-14-2024 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 17438002)
Downloaded Hell Let Loose on Gamepass after seeing some videos on it and holy shit, this game is ****ing awesome.

Getting my ass handed to me as a noob lol but slowly getting the hang on it…

Anyone that’s into tactical, milsim squad games or WWII should check this out…

Also great game

BigBeauford 03-14-2024 01:58 PM

Helldivers 2 has entered the political zeitgeist.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Take back the creek.</p>&mdash; Rep. Mike Collins (@RepMikeCollins) <a href="https://twitter.com/RepMikeCollins/status/1764050957950677466?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 2, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BleedingRed 03-14-2024 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17443321)
Helldivers 2 has entered the political zeitgeist.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Take back the creek.</p>&mdash; Rep. Mike Collins (@RepMikeCollins) <a href="https://twitter.com/RepMikeCollins/status/1764050957950677466?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 2, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Honestly it’s refreshing, the gaming industry is going to take a blood bath with these indie studios putting out great complete games.

PalWorld
HellDivers2
He’ll Let loose

Just ****ing so much better in every way from these huge studios

Bump 03-14-2024 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 17443901)
Honestly it’s refreshing, the gaming industry is going to take a blood bath with these indie studios putting out great complete games.

PalWorld
HellDivers2
He’ll Let loose

And let's not forget the greatest game ever made (IMO), Path of Exile. Started out in a garage with a bald reerun with a strong vision. Path of Exile 2 will be pretty awesome too

Imon Yourside 03-14-2024 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 17443934)
And let's not forget the greatest game ever made (IMO), Path of Exile. Started out in a garage with a bald reerun with a strong vision. Path of Exile 2 will be pretty awesome too

Last Epoch as well, so many different builds and the features are 2nd to none in this style of game.

Bump 03-14-2024 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17444047)
Last Epoch as well, so many different builds and the features are 2nd to none in this style of game.

hope Last Epoch comes to console someday, would love to play it.

Rasputin 03-15-2024 04:00 AM

I am very disappointed in Suicide Squad

Otter 03-15-2024 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 17443901)

PalWorld
HellDivers2
He’ll Let loose

Hell Let Loose is looking very tempting. Any insights?

BigBeauford 03-15-2024 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 17444658)

Yeah, just play Helldivers for your 4 person looter shooter fix.

ToxSocks 03-15-2024 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 17444658)

Seems like that game was getting scathing reviews even before its release.

BigBeauford 03-15-2024 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17444959)
Seems like that game was getting scathing reviews even before its release.

I watched the Angry Joe review of it. It's a total piece of shit that embodies everything wrong in the AAA space.

Imon Yourside 03-15-2024 12:22 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ruG-vrhbhzM" title="New BROKEN Runemaster ENDGAME Build! Melts 1000+ Corruption SCREEN WIDE! | Last Epoch" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Probably my 2nd fave ARPG build ever behind only the D2 Javazon! :)

Imon Yourside 03-15-2024 02:05 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/34Fow_fXzdA" title="Palworld - First Look At Raids, New Boss Fight &amp; Important Features! (Palworld New Update)" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kccrow 03-16-2024 10:14 AM

Anyone playing Lords of the Fallen or Nightingale?

Kind of interested in both but not 100% on either one.

Been playing some Enshrouded and enjoying it.

BleedingRed 03-19-2024 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 17444828)

HLL is the closest game you will ever play to a PTSD simulator. Its by far the best WWII shooter I've ever played.

Jerm 03-20-2024 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 17444828)

Incredible game, the immersion and feeling of actually being in WWII is top notch.

It has a learning curve like a mofo though, do not discouraged starting out...you will die a lot lol.

Communication and sound is paramount, for sure play with headphones and mic when possible...at least headphones.

You have to know the maps and play the terrain...chokepoints, flanking opportunities, danger zones, etc.

It's really good though.

Jerm 03-20-2024 12:13 PM

Dragon's Dogma 2 reviews hit today, sounds incredible...cannot wait for tomorrow night, I'm hyped!

Imon Yourside 03-20-2024 07:30 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-HnrfoszF5w" title="Blizzard Reveals Diablo 4 Full Item Rework" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Diablo 4 now copying features from Last Epoch very similar crafting system coming in season 4. Oh and you can trade Legendaries as well, Capitalism FTW! ;)

ThaVirus 03-25-2024 01:38 PM

I’m about to infiltrate Shinra HQ in Final Fantasy VII Remake so I’m approaching the end. I will say that I am enjoying the game quite a bit. I’m loving the fresh depiction of the characters and really spending time with each of them. The combat is cool and I’ve always loved the Materia system as well.

THAT SAID, I was doing some research on Rebirth since I’ll be playing that one soon only to find out that your weapons and materia won’t transfer from Remake to Rebirth and that really chaps my ass.

ThaVirus 03-25-2024 01:40 PM

Also, I know Tifa vs Aerith is the age old battle, but I’m team “knock down Jesse before you settle with one of the others”.

Jerm 03-25-2024 03:09 PM

BTW Dragon's Dogma 2 ****ing rules...having such a blast with it.

It's batshit bonkers in all the right way, esp. the combat and emergent moments that can happen at any time.

Sassy Squatch 03-25-2024 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17457563)
Also, I know Tifa vs Aerith is the age old battle, but I’m team “knock down Jesse before you settle with one of the others”.

LMAO I'm baffled why this is even a thing still. Cloud has already ****ed and started a family with one of them, and knew the other for a span of 6 weeks. This 'debate' was ended 25 years ago yet people STILL go nuts over it.

Skyy God 03-25-2024 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17457559)
I’m about to infiltrate Shinra HQ in Final Fantasy VII Remake so I’m approaching the end. I will say that I am enjoying the game quite a bit. I’m loving the fresh depiction of the characters and really spending time with each of them. The combat is cool and I’ve always loved the Materia system as well.

THAT SAID, I was doing some research on Rebirth since I’ll be playing that one soon only to find out that your weapons and materia won’t transfer from Remake to Rebirth and that really chaps my ass.

I’m on Chapter 13 of Rebirth.

Man, I’ve been skipping most of the dialog. I’m sure the plot points are interesting but the conversations are shit.