ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Felix Anudike-Uzomah Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348536)

OKchiefs 11-06-2023 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 17212886)
Should have spent that draft pick on a wr. Rather than a 12.5 % snap count rotational defensive end.

Maybe if they could have traded up but nobody was available where they picked that was worth it at WR.

RunKC 11-06-2023 08:47 AM

I think Bolton and Creed will definitely be paid. Not so sure about Sneed. He's the wildcard bc they've been so good at drafting/developing corners. Tranquil could definitely be kept for 2 more years before we really start paying Bolton.

I would imagine they take a 1st rd WR and a corner with the Chris Jones draft pick return while drafting another IDL at some point of the draft.

JPH83 11-06-2023 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17212888)
Sorry *ducks for cover*....

I like what we've seen from him so far. But standing my ground that if there was ever a draft where we could have pivoted to offense this was the one. sam laporta and rashee would've been a hell of a 1-2. This draft was loaded with really great TEs who could've made us extra dangerous I'm 12 and 13 personnel

I liked the pick so I can't grumble, partly because last year tricked me into thinking Mahomes alone could make any WR group work. Hindsight is 20/20, but yeah, another offensive weapon like La Porta would've been nice.

Shame not to have gotten a top TE from a loaded group last year, on the other hand we need a WR and this year's crop looks very good.

OKchiefs 11-06-2023 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 17212911)
If you lose Jones, there is no reason to lose Sneed. Did you not watch him against Tyreek yesterday? There's absolutely no reason to lose both Jones and Sneed.

If they spend the money on a FA WR then there is plenty of reason.

JPH83 11-06-2023 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17212925)
I think Bolton and Creed will definitely be paid. Not so sure about Sneed. He's the wildcard bc they've been so good at drafting/developing corners. Tranquil could definitely be kept for 2 more years before we really start paying Bolton.

I would imagine they take a 1st rd WR and a corner with the Chris Jones draft pick return while drafting another IDL at some point of the draft.

What about LT? I still think it's OT and WR first 2 picks. Maybe CB and DT after that.

BigRedChief 11-06-2023 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17212917)
Let Smith walk.

Easier to find a RG than an elite CB.

I'd tag and trade Jones and I'd imagine they'll lose Sneed at this point as much as I'd like to keep him around.

Its not apples to apples. Smith and Sneed are not making the same money next year and into the future.

Getting scrub OL would be a huge mistake. Need to protect the money maker. We all saw a wasted SB appearance due to Mahomes running for his life.

Sofa King 11-06-2023 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 17212886)
Should have spent that draft pick on a wr. Rather than a 12.5 % snap count rotational defensive end.

The only two that went after him were Mingo and Reed. After that was Rice. Mingo is doing shit and Reed has worse stats than Rice.

This is a lazy argument from you.

OKchiefs 11-06-2023 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17212925)

If they trade CJ I think DT needs to be almost as high a priority as WR though. We going to start Farrell and Dickerson at DT? That position is looking ugly next year and I’m to sure the DEs are good enough without the attention Jones draws to get pressure on their own.

O.city 11-06-2023 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17212931)
Its not apples to apples. Smith and Sneed are not making the same money next year and into the future.

Getting scrub OL would be a huge mistake. Need to protect the money maker. We all saw a wasted SB appearance due to Mahomes running for his life.

He won a SB with a street FA at G.

So no, you can find good guards in the mid/late rounds for cheap. They're paying the LG alot, paying the RT alot, and are probably gonna pay the C alot.

They're gonna have to go pay for some weapons too

O.city 11-06-2023 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 17212935)
If they trade CJ I think DT needs to be almost as high a priority as WR though. We going to start Farrell and Dickerson at DT? That position is looking ugly next year and I’m to sure the DEs are good enough without the attention Jones draws to get pressure on their own.

It goes back to the Tyreek thing. You aren't gonna replace Tyreek, so don't really try to force it.

You won't replace Jones, so go a different direction and don't force it. I kinda think it's why they were interested in the Washington DE's.

Sofa King 11-06-2023 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17212936)
He won a SB with a street FA at G.

So no, you can find good guards in the mid/late rounds for cheap. They're paying the LG alot, paying the RT alot, and are probably gonna pay the C alot.

They're gonna have to go pay for some weapons too

And we got blown out with street G's in another SB.... sooooo

OKchiefs 11-06-2023 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17212931)

Taylor and Thuney combined are making nearly 25% of our cap the next 2 years. That’s a lot of money on an OL that can’t run block at all, extensions to Creed and/or Trey could push the cap commitment on OL to nearly 40% of the cap. Not sure that’s a wise allocation of resources, particularly when we’re seeing that it doesn’t matter if they can hold blocks for upwards of 5 seconds if Mahomes still can’t find open receivers.

LoneWolf 11-06-2023 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17212918)
They'll probably have to tag and trade Jones, so Sneed will hit the market unencumbered.

Why? If they know their plan is to tag and trade Jones, then you get a deal done with Sneed before free agency starts.

O.city 11-06-2023 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 17212944)
And we got blown out with street G's in another SB.... sooooo

Well, if we lose both Tackles right before the game, yeah that would suck.

O.city 11-06-2023 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 17212948)
Why? If they know their plan is to tag and trade Jones, then you get a deal done with Sneed before free agency starts.

Why would he wanna sign a deal when he could get into free agency and let the bidding start?