ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the Patriots (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318008)

Kiimo 10-09-2018 02:32 PM

Oh so I just wandered into this thread and surprise surprise there's a bunch of Pats fans in here talking shit.

Ah, memories. It reminds me of the last time they talked shit and then your bitch ass dramabomb ring leader Dave Portnoy was on national televsion crying like a bitch because you got blown the F out at home.

Simply Red 10-09-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13802595)
Not to be a jerk, but don't write Mahomes into the HOF JUST yet. We've seen how injuries and/or defensive adjustments can really bring a guy down to earth fast after a very hot start. I don't think the fan bases of Vick, Kaepernick, Sanchez, etc. were any less excited than you guys are right now, but they weren't able to sustain consistent success for various reasons.

I'd be saying the same thing if it were any other QB and any other team, including the Patriots. It's a bit early yet to put his bust into Canton.

All that said, he does look pretty damn awesome, so we'll see.

Sure you would bud, easy to say that now, you know? considering you don't have Mahomes.

Simply Red 10-09-2018 02:34 PM

Holy shit - these guys are still here! - ROFL

Simply Red 10-09-2018 02:34 PM

For not living in their heads - they sure haven't been able to quit CP today. LMAO

TomBarndtsTwin 10-09-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynamicHDR (Post 13802640)
You have a QB that has achieved exactly what Alex Smith did last year (a 5-0 start) and nothing more.

Since we're focusing on current season and not the past (as you indicated in a prior post), you have a QB that has achieved exactly what Ryan Tannehill has this season (3-2).

So congrats on that . . . . .

Simply Red 10-09-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePatriotWay (Post 13802428)
Travis Kelce is as soft as the pillows that him and his fans bite every night.

yet your TE is the one constantly on the sideline, watching.

Kiimo 10-09-2018 02:37 PM

For some reason Pats fans are real down on Mahomes. It's like a bitter old man yelling at everyone because he knows the twilight is upon him.

dynamicHDR 10-09-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 13802657)
In all fairness, you've made a lot of dumb arguments in this thread, but this might be the dumbest . . . . .

So games in September don't count? Only Oct. Nov. Dec. ? When did Goodell make that rule change? Are teams now only playing a 12 game season??

WHY DIDN'T I GET THE MEMO!!!???!!!

Stupid NFL.

100% correct. Games in September against NE don't count. It's been well known that historically, we have sucked in September, because we use it as an extended preseason.

I wouldn't expect a Chiefs fan to anything about how to build a championship team, but using the first part of the season to figure out optimal groupings, to integrate new personnel, and to build the playbook, so that you can peak towards the end of the season, is how you win championships.

Kiimo 10-09-2018 02:39 PM

That's an interesting way to describe signing dudes off the scrap heap

TomBarndtsTwin 10-09-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13802678)
yet your TE is the one constantly on the sideline, watching.

Truth.

How anyone can call another teams TE soft, when their own TE is constantly missing games due to injury is just . . . . . I don't even have the words for how stupid it is . . . . .

Oh well.

PatriotReign 10-09-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13802682)
For some reason Pats fans are real down on Mahomes. It's like a bitter old man yelling at everyone because he knows the twilight is upon him.

Not all.

Mahomes and Reid look like a good pair.

htismaqe 10-09-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynamicHDR (Post 13802686)
100% correct. Games in September against NE don't count. It's been well known that historically, we have sucked in September, because we use it as an extended preseason.

I wouldn't expect a Chiefs fan to anything about how to build a championship team, but using the first part of the season to figure out optimal groupings, to integrate new personnel, and to build the playbook, so that you can peak towards the end of the season, is how you win championships.

Having Tom Brady fall into your laps in the last 2 hours of the draft is how you win championships.

dynamicHDR 10-09-2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 13802689)
Truth.

How anyone can call another teams TE soft, when their own TE is constantly missing games due to injury is just . . . . . I don't even have the words for how stupid it is . . . . .

Oh well.

Here is how.

Gronk has missed games due to serious injuries - torn ACL, serious back injuries that required surgery, etc., but he always delivers when on the field in big games.

Kelce taps out of games, either via ejection or a hurt vagina, because he gets broken both physically and mentally with absolute ease.

Kiimo 10-09-2018 02:42 PM

An interesting bookend is the Pats losing to Andy Reid offenses both the first and last game in 2017

dynamicHDR 10-09-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13802701)
An interesting bookend is the Pats losing to Andy Reid offenses both the first and last game in 2017

That's the closest Andy Reid will ever come to winning a SB.