ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

KevB 05-17-2011 10:36 PM

Daredevil is terrible, but I find myself watching it whenever I pass by while channel surfing. Jennifer Garner is just so hot in this movie......

Sure-Oz 05-17-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 7645614)
Just finished watching Battle: Los Angeles... pretty ****ing terrible. A mountain of cliches heaped together. At various points in the movie it seems as though the writer just took lead characters from other alien flicks and transposed a weaker version into the script. I am still searching for some redeeming quality from the movie...

Oh yeah, Michelle Rodriguez reprises her role from Avatar. I should have known once she made an appearance I should just turn off the movie.

The trailer was epic, the movie was like watching people play COD

bowener 05-18-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 7646268)
The trailer was epic, the movie was like watching people play COD

If those people were on acid while playing, I could fully agree with you! There really is no discernible camera direction. Its just a mashing of shots from steady and handy cams... and sometimes the shot has a purpose to the story at hand... most of the time it doesn't, but hey, look how fast the camera man can swerve his camera by a bush or blown up car!

The trailer was pretty epic. With that in mind, I also found myself wondering WTF happened to the musical score in the movie... it was terrible. There were scenes that were obviously really bad (as in the things happening were bad), but the score would be uplifting tones and shit... which pretty much just confuses the viewer... "okay, so bad things happening, oh, but there are those uplifting tones again, I guess this will work out for them, uh, nope, dude just blew up. Okay, scary tones now, shit is going to go down! Oh, wow, nope, some kids climbing safely down a rope now..."

Buck 05-20-2011 04:27 AM

Just finished Brazil.

WTF

ReynardMuldrake 05-20-2011 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7651868)
Just finished Brazil.

WTF

I just saw that for the first time recently. I thought it was great. Was not expecting De Niro.

QuikSsurfer 05-20-2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7651868)
Just finished Brazil.

WTF

Great movie

Dayze 05-20-2011 08:01 AM

I watched a documentary called "Under Your Skin" last night; about the affects of lyme disease and how it's possibly linked/mis-diagnosed as alzheimer's, ALS, MS, etc.

pretty interesting.

Fire Me Boy! 05-20-2011 09:33 AM

I watched Black Death last night. It was OK. Doubt I'll ever watch it again, but I didn't feel like I wasted $1 a Red Box.

Ceej 05-20-2011 02:34 PM

I've watched Rocky 1 - IV. So far the second has been my favorite.

Also watched Gulliver's Travels -- really enjoyed it.

Now, watching The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Hammock Parties 05-20-2011 05:50 PM

Tron Legacy was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it, and a good father/son flick always gets me. Will watch on bluray, disappointed I didn't see it in the theater.

Bump 05-20-2011 08:38 PM

just watched The Fighter, Christian Bale was amazing as usual.

Buehler445 05-20-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 7653925)
just watched The Fighter, Christian Bale was amazing as usual.

Very good flick. Whalberg was good also.

Bump 05-21-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 7654275)
Very good flick. Whalberg was good also.

sure he was, but Bale was simply phenomenal. I think he's the best actor out there today, well...him and James Franco. Bale just becomes his character in everything he does and I'm very impressed by him.

bowener 05-21-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 7654666)
sure he was, but Bale was simply phenomenal. I think he's the best actor out there today, well...him and James Franco. Bale just becomes his character in everything he does and I'm very impressed by him.

Yeah, but if he becomes his characters, then he isn't really acting anymore, he is just being. What a cheater!! :)

Yes, he is phenomenal. He may be the top or right at the top of male actors today. I hope he is around for a long time... he will be able to play some creepy old man roles in the future.

Fire Me Boy! 05-21-2011 05:10 PM

I don't know if it's the movie or the codeine, but Vanishing on 7th Street has put me to sleep three times today. I give up. It's going back to Netflix.