ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294504)

Frazod 01-25-2024 12:33 PM

I already watched that one. Lots of good information.

Oh the combat roll is initially assigned to control. I switched it to G because I hate having to hit any of the lower corner keys with my pinkie while in combat.

Sassy Squatch 01-25-2024 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17361482)
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZIZ9LYq68YY" title="Palworld Insane News - Why it&#39;s a Good Thing for Everyone" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What a crazy success story, passionate and broke..small devteam from knowing nothing to mega success.

LMAO I just spent a half hour roaming with my musket killing small woodland creatures for their resources.

Jerm 01-25-2024 01:23 PM

Gotta love Microsoft spending 69 billion dollars on ABK and being a trillion dollar company laying off 1,900 employees today...

I do enjoy my Series X and a lot of what XBox offers but it's just so poorly run it amazes me...

BigBeauford 01-25-2024 01:38 PM

If anyone here enjoys games like Towerfall or Bomberman, I highly recommend Invisigun.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...igun_Reloaded/

Imon Yourside 01-25-2024 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17362445)
I already watched that one. Lots of good information.

Oh the combat roll is initially assigned to control. I switched it to G because I hate having to hit any of the lower corner keys with my pinkie while in combat.

Yup first thing i do is to switch the roll/dodge from ctrl to z for g if available

Frazod 01-25-2024 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17362950)
Yup first thing i do is to switch the roll/dodge from ctrl to z for g if available

I think I'm going to switch away from the ALT key as well.

I've finally got my weapons and armor up to a decent level. Really starting to enjoy this game now.

Sassy Squatch 01-25-2024 05:29 PM

So there's a very easy glitch to catch the tower boss Pals. Went to the end game area and caught the boss there and now have an incredibly OP one with 200k+ HP and insane attack. The trainers or whatever they're called still ride on their heads as well LMAO.

Imon Yourside 01-25-2024 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17363003)
So there's a very easy glitch to catch the tower boss Pals. Went to the end game area and caught the boss there and now have an incredibly OP one with 200k+ HP and insane attack. The trainers or whatever they're called still ride on their heads as well LMAO.

Wait the dungeon ones? I thought they were not capturable?

Sassy Squatch 01-25-2024 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17363095)
Wait the dungeon ones? I thought they were not capturable?

The tower bosses that have a 10 minute time limit. How you do it is first, you need to make yourself wanted. Easiest way for me was going to the small settlement near the opening areas and shooting the guard. Do it while you're right by the fast travel and immediately fast travel to whatever tower boss you're trying to to catch. The wanted level will follow. Then go and initiate the boss fight.

KEY ASPECT - DO NOT TOUCH THE BOSS, AT ALL, ONCE ARRIVING IN THE ROOM.

You need to position it so the guards that chased you in shoot at the boss. Eventually they will switch aggro to the guards. Position yourself BEHIND the boss and throw a ball. I'm not sure if it matters what type but I use the 3rd tier. It will say you have a 0.00% chance of catching it. You will anyway.

Frazod 01-26-2024 08:27 PM

Another Enshrouded tip, and the biggest mistake I've made to this point - get the Alchemist as soon as you can. You really need health potions as you venture farther out into the higher level areas, and you need him to craft them. The components are water, berries and mushrooms, which are all extremely easy to find.

Just hoping you find them in chests sucks.

BigBeauford 01-27-2024 10:49 PM

I have a feeling this is going to be the next big roguelike hit. Looks unique and awesome.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...Go_Mecha_Ball/

Jerm 01-29-2024 02:07 PM

Playstation State of Play coming Wednesday afternoon, should be a good one...

Partial list of rumored games to be there...

Rise of the Ronin
Death Stranding 2
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
Sonic Generations Remaster
Silent Hill 2
New Metro game
Judas (!!!)
Until Dawn Remaster (PS5 and PC)
Concord
Stellar Blade

Imon Yourside 01-29-2024 05:44 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KGaeAX_mmuc" title="Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League is a Woke Disaster + Rocksteady Panics as Fans REJECT Game" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Compare that to 2009 in Prototype 2

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sELrVMUX2bY" title="What Made Prototype A BIG DEAL?" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Huge open world with people all over, 15 years later we can't have an alive city?

Bump 01-30-2024 05:33 PM

even with the constant bad press over the years, kill the justice league will still sell a lot of copies because it has name recognition and they put enough money into marketing. That's really what matters the most.

Imon Yourside 01-30-2024 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 17377272)
even with the constant bad press over the years, kill the justice league will still sell a lot of copies because it has name recognition and they put enough money into marketing. That's really what matters the most.

People are crazy if they pay $100 over the already highly inflated price of $70 for 3 days early access.

Otter 01-30-2024 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17377377)
People are crazy if they pay $100 over the already highly inflated price of $70 for 3 days early access.

Anyone who didn't learn the shell game of modern gaming from the DayZ demonstration deserves to be ripped off.

Bump 01-30-2024 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17377377)

people are indeed crazy

Imon Yourside 01-31-2024 10:02 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kBTqxlYkHc4" title="Palworld Controversy Just Doesn&#39;t Stop" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Game Devs just do not understand

Sold 12 million copies on steam and 7 million on xbox in 2 weeks

Imon Yourside 02-03-2024 12:58 AM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UDNYa2UpUkc" title="Why Is Palworld SO POPULAR?! And... AWESOME?!" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1zu8hxVP4N8" title="DISGUSTING! &quot;Don&#39;t Talk about PalWorld on Social Media or in Public.&quot;" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That Saga continues

Frazod 02-04-2024 11:40 PM

Still rolling with Enshrouded. I've finally progressed to the point where I mostly know what I'm doing, but it's still a slog. A fun slog, though. I'm finally moving into the final areas of the limited release and still have vast swaths that I haven't explored yet. I can't imagine how big this world will be in the final release.

If you want to play a game where you have to constantly mine/farm resources, this game is for you. If you ever wanted to be a ****ing lumberjack, this game is definitely for you. I've chopped down more trees in this game than Paul Bunyan. If you want to play an archer, you need twigs to make arrow shafts, and the best way to get them is chopping down trees. If you want to play a mage, a key ingredient of the spell charges is resin, and you have to chop down trees for that. I guess you could just play a straight up tank with little to no ranged attacks, but considering how quickly you get dogpiled I just can't see it. The shrouded areas are especially brutal, since visibility is limited and the enemies can sometimes be on you before you even know they're there. Also, in the shroud you're slowly dying, so you have to get in and out in a limited amount of time. And if you die, wherever you fall that's where your loot is, and you have to go back to the same spot to retrieve it. And it seems like every time you find a resource you've been lacking to make something you need, BOOM another requirement pops up. It is at times maddening. But fun.

This game is fun. Fun, goddammit. :banghead:

Imon Yourside 02-04-2024 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17383047)
Still rolling with Enshrouded. I've finally progressed to the point where I mostly know what I'm doing, but it's still a slog. A fun slog, though. I'm finally moving into the final areas of the limited release and still have vast swaths that I haven't explored yet. I can't imagine how big this world will be in the final release.

If you want to play a game where you have to constantly mine/farm resources, this game is for you. If you ever wanted to be a ****ing lumberjack, this game is definitely for you. I've chopped down more trees in this game than Paul Bunyan. If you want to play an archer, you need twigs to make arrow shafts, and the best way to get them is chopping down trees. If you want to play a mage, a key ingredient of the spell charges is resin, and you have to chop down trees for that. I guess you could just play a straight up tank with little to no ranged attacks, but considering how quickly you get dogpiled I just can't see it. The shrouded areas are especially brutal, since visibility is limited and the enemies can sometimes be on you before you even know they're there. Also, in the shroud you're slowly dying, so you have to get in and out in a limited amount of time. And if you die, wherever you fall that's where your loot is, and you have to go back to the same spot to retrieve it. And it seems like every time you find a resource you've been lacking to make something you need, BOOM another requirement pops up. It is at times maddening. But fun.

This game is fun. Fun, goddammit. :banghead:

Welcome to the survival Genre :D

Fish 02-04-2024 11:44 PM

Sounds like Valheim with fancy graphics..

Frazod 02-04-2024 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17383050)
Welcome to the survival Genre :D

As I previously mentioned, the biggest difference between this and other games I've played that are similar is that there is no currency and no merchants. You can't buy anything - you have to either make it yourself or bring components back to your base and have one of your NPCs make it for you. That great set of armor it took forever to assemble that you finally leveled beyond? You can't sell it - all you can do is break it down. And not for its base components, but just runes, which you need to enhance your weapons. Because **** you, that's why.

There are no friendly beings in this world outside of the NPCs that never leave the base. Zero friendly inhabited settlements; all the normal people are gone. There are some creatures that ignore you, but that's the best you're going to get. Everything else will immediately try to kill you.

Imon Yourside 02-05-2024 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17383061)
As I previously mentioned, the biggest difference between this and other games I've played that are similar is that there is no currency and no merchants. You can't buy anything - you have to either make it yourself or bring components back to your base and have one of your NPCs make it for you. That great set of armor it took forever to assemble that you finally leveled beyond? You can't sell it - all you can do is break it down. And not for its base components, but just runes, which you need to enhance your weapons. Because **** you, that's why.

There are no friendly beings in this world outside of the NPCs that never leave the base. Zero friendly inhabited settlements; all the normal people are gone. There are some creatures that ignore you, but that's the best you're going to get. Everything else will immediately try to kill you.

Seems rather harsh but that is most survival games. It's literally being dropped in a hostile world and hey have fun you're on your own. Some love that about survival type games but yes it's tedious and definitely not for every one. Enshrouded is next up on my list of games to play after I take a break from Palworld unless I take a break for a different genre in between.

Frazod 02-05-2024 03:02 AM

One shitty thing I just encountered - the cap level is 25 and goes no higher.

I hate that. :cuss:

Oh well.

Imon Yourside 02-05-2024 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17383108)
One shitty thing I just encountered - the cap level is 25 and goes no higher.

I hate that. :cuss:

Oh well.

Early Access...the game will get a lot more content and probably a level increase but as for now and without mods that is indeed true.

Sofa King 02-05-2024 07:46 AM

Palworld any good?

BigBeauford 02-05-2024 11:12 AM

I'm happy for everyone enjoying these survival/base building games. I'm also pulling for this fad to die down. As a dad with very little gaming time, these are just a no-go for me.

Frazod 02-05-2024 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17383455)
I'm happy for everyone enjoying these survival/base building games. I'm also pulling for this fad to die down. As a dad with very little gaming time, these are just a no-go for me.

I can see that. Being an old retired fart is definitely a plus for this type of game.

FTR, I give zero shits about the base building aspect of it, at least when it comes to building elaborate stuff. Perhaps I will at a later time, but for now, my main base has one little building for my character and storage, and another little building that houses the NPCs. All the workstations are on the ground between them, and all the crops are in one patch of dirt off to the side. It takes so long to gather the shit you need just to play it that spending hours building some palatial estate seems like a waste of time. The other bases are built solely to explore new places, and as you need to constantly dump and relocate them as you move on, in those I only have the flame altar and a workbench to repair weapons.

ToxSocks 02-05-2024 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 17316758)

Because the most robust car modding experience i've played was in Forza Horizon. Their Livery editor is 2nd to none. The paints and unlimited livery customizations are excellent.

I've been losing hours in Gran Turismo 7's editor too. Better paints than Forza Horizon 4 (haven't played 5) and you can layer vinyl's in different finishes unlike in FH4. So you could have a metallic paint job and layer matte finished vinyls over it. In FH4 the vinyls are always the same finish as the paint.

However, GT7 doesn't have community uploaded artwork like FH4, which adds a TON of customization options. This puts it way ahead of GT7 imo. The only limit in FH4 is your imagination.

This post is totally ****ing wrong btw and its been bothering me for weeks. Recently discovered GT7's Livery options and they're every bit on par with Forza.

Imon Yourside 02-06-2024 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 17383160)
Palworld any good?

I'll preface this and say I've never cared for any kind of monster catching games or Pokemon. That being said this game has system upon system of fun grind and the devs included things like Shotguns, Ar's, Rocket Launchers etc. If you like survival games it's a very fun spin on it although the base building is more about getting your pals to work and do the right jobs. Then you get to breeding pals to get better Passive skills and each one rolls with not only different passives but some are better than others at attack/defense/work speed. Really a lot to love including exploration of the huge world, I really hope this game sparks the survival genre to adopt mechanics from other games that are fun. Oh you also farm bosses and some have a chance to drop rare/epic/legendary blueprints of guns and other items.

Simply put TLDR The most fun I've had in a game in many years and I can't seem to put it down. You can also play solo/coop with 4 buds/Host your own server up to 32 people or play online servers with randoms. Devs seemed to cover many bases and attract fans of many different genres.

I didn't even get into the large and growing mod library from Nexus mods so you can setup the grind however you want it in your game/server.

Imon Yourside 02-06-2024 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17383455)

Plenty of games out there in your wheelhouse, I just enjoy a lot of different types of games. I started gaming in the early 80s with a Commodore 64, games didn't have genres back then it was all something new. I find most survival games incredibly boring which is why something like Palworld or even Enshrouded are really exciting to me. Incorporating different aspects besides just go chop down trees/mine stone/build occasionally isn't all that interesting and I would much rather do those mundane things in real life than waste time in a game doing that.

Sassy Squatch 02-06-2024 05:26 AM

Quote:

Palworld any good?

It's got potential and it's playable right now, but it still needs a ton of TLC going forward. There's still too many game breaking components as you get to higher levels.

Imon Yourside 02-06-2024 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17384745)
It's got potential and it's playable right now, but it still needs a ton of TLC going forward. There's still too many game breaking components as you get to higher levels.

It's got some Jank but I didn't encounter anything game breaking. Sometimes pals get stuck around the base and you have to resummon them but all in all for such an ambitious project it's already way less buggy than say something like Ark was on release.

Sassy Squatch 02-06-2024 04:16 PM

I literally cannot beat the third boss onwards because my Pals keep locking up and doing nothing.

Sassy Squatch 02-06-2024 05:56 PM

LMAO Well, they certainly didn't leave many surprises for FF7 Rebirth with that trailer.

Imon Yourside 02-06-2024 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17385655)
I literally cannot beat the third boss onwards because my Pals keep locking up and doing nothing.

I haven't heard that from anyone, report it as a bug.

Sassy Squatch 02-06-2024 07:18 PM

Really? It's a pretty common problem on the subreddit.

Imon Yourside 02-06-2024 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17385879)
Really? It's a pretty common problem on the subreddit.

I haven't hung out on there for a few days, I am on the Steam forums and no one has brought it up. Of course I haven't gotten that far as I'm playing this similar to how I play a Skyrim just not touching the main story enjoying the rest of the game as an open world survival type experience that never ends.

If it's a known bug the devs will hopefully have a fix soon, perhaps it came from this latest patch because I've seen others 100% the game..

My biggest gripe is the fact I have the 50 bases mod and if you don't visit a base every 30 mins or so all of the pals just end up standing around next to the palbox until you go there and start moving around.

Indian Chief 02-06-2024 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17385768)
LMAO Well, they certainly didn't leave many surprises for FF7 Rebirth with that trailer.

I have a good friend that won't watch trailers for games he knows he's going to get. And I'm starting to see why.

Imon Yourside 02-06-2024 10:26 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V23iXoAkPRc" title="PALWORLD just released a BIG NEW UPDATE! - (FULL PATCH DETAILS)" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Steam version v0.1.4.1 has been released.

Patch Notes:

===

▼Major Fixes
・Fixed an issue where the game would always crash and save data would be corrupted when the total number of Pals captured by the guild reached approximately 7000.
・In the previous patch, save data that had already been in this state (for servers, the server's world data) remained in a broken state that made it impossible to load, but after applying this patch it will be resolved and will load properly.

・Fixed an issue where some weapons equipped by other players would disappear when a player used a grenade in multiplayer.

・Fixed an issue where, although the displayed capture probability increased when the capture power was strengthened with Lifmunk Effigies, the capture probability did not actually increase at all due to an internal processing bug.

▼Base related
・Fixed an issue where if a Pal that was manually assigned to a breeding farm went to sleep, it would not wake up forever.
・Fixed an issue where no wood would drop when Pal at the base felled a tree.

▼Others
・Implemented countermeasures against some cheats and exploits.

===

We will continue development placing top priority on fixing major problems and issues.
Thank you for your continued support of Palworld.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-07-2024 07:21 AM

Quote:

Palworld any good?

Little kid game

Sassy Squatch 02-07-2024 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 17385986)
I have a good friend that won't watch trailers for games he knows he's going to get. And I'm starting to see why.

Eh. To be fair, they kept most of the 'spoiling' to stuff we already more or less knew. Like we all didn't know Sephiroth was coming to merc the shit out of Aerith. Still more or less clueless about how the other timeline will be integrated.

Imon Yourside 02-07-2024 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17386151)
Little kid game

It's actually not, I'm not even a Nintendo or Pokemon fan but this game is amazing.

BigBeauford 02-07-2024 01:22 PM

Just a heads up: anyone looking to snag Helldivers 2 can get a $31 key here. https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/helldivers-2-pc-steam

Imon Yourside 02-07-2024 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17386613)
Just a heads up: anyone looking to snag Helldivers 2 can get a $31 key here. https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/helldivers-2-pc-steam

I'm kinda done with live service games, especially the anti cheat for a non pvp game. Seems rather invasive, gonna have those sweet barbie doll microtransactions too. Sony trying to milk it for all it's worth. These games are fun for a little while but even if they do hold my interest a bit they get trickle down content which the devs mostly make cosmetic.

Imon Yourside 02-07-2024 02:19 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z382QigbnWo" title="Palworld CEO Responds To CRUSHING Server Costs..." frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigBeauford 02-07-2024 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17386654)
I'm kinda done with live service games, especially the anti cheat for a non pvp game. Seems rather invasive, gonna have those sweet barbie doll microtransactions too. Sony trying to milk it for all it's worth. These games are fun for a little while but even if they do hold my interest a bit they get trickle down content which the devs mostly make cosmetic.

If they do it like they did with the first Helldivers, I'm alright with it. That game was great, and this one is shaping up to be the same.

Demonpenz 02-08-2024 06:48 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBmkMg6YtR0 racing rfactor 2

Otter 02-08-2024 04:01 PM

Free demo up for Children of the Sun on Steam if you're into cyberpunk.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AqHQDRqzxlQ?si=dfXGSXDYhlEJrXeg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WhawhaWhat 02-08-2024 07:50 PM

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth demo is really good. I just love anything involving that game.

Sassy Squatch 02-08-2024 08:11 PM

****ing bitches should've let us explore Junon already

Imon Yourside 02-08-2024 08:56 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BMZTw3KKRpU" title="Palworld is going to get bigger" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oCpvA6cUCrc" title="Palworld: It&#39;s Much BIGGER Than We Thought..." frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigBeauford 02-08-2024 09:54 PM

Welp, Helldivers 2 is my early favorite game of the year so far. If feels absolutely sublime to play. Very punchy, and the tension of managing ammunition, mission objectives, and relative fragility of the helldiver makes this game a real white knuckle affair.

Imon Yourside 02-11-2024 08:33 AM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5IFY3gblZ28" title="Why Diablo 4 Players Hate Last Epoch" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm still stuck on Palworld but might put some time back into this with full trading coming.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-16-2024 07:57 PM

Went back into Elden Ring. Love these games.

Imon Yourside 02-19-2024 02:13 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LzJFK55CDhI" title="Last Epoch Patch 1.0 Is Finally Here" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ymzQ9NJrVH8" title="Last Epoch: Best Builds Tier List 1.0 Guide" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The 1.0 full version releases this Wednesday with the most unique fun looking trading system and NON real money auction house. Also two new class types the Falconer and Warlock. Improved graphics as well as new loot types and Uniques (Over 300).

Imon Yourside 02-20-2024 03:58 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PPskW89SKK8" title="I&#39;ve Played 50 Hours of Nightingale - Review" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigBeauford 02-20-2024 08:15 PM

Helldivers II has absolutely exploded. I can't even get in to play a damn game. I JUST NEED TO DISPENSE LIBERTY!!!

https://i.postimg.cc/05XL3J6G/stahp.jpg

SurroundedByMorons 02-21-2024 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17411688)
Helldivers II has absolutely exploded. I can't even get in to play a damn game. I JUST NEED TO DISPENSE LIBERTY!!!

https://i.postimg.cc/05XL3J6G/stahp.jpg

Couple questions - game is online only? Have to play with others? And is that people you know and like or whomever you are matched with?? The main question is whether you have 13 year old kids screaming in your ear?

BigBeauford 02-21-2024 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurroundedByMorons (Post 17412371)
Couple questions - game is online only? Have to play with others? And is that people you know and like or whomever you are matched with?? The main question is whether you have 13 year old kids screaming in your ear?

1. Yes, game is online only (live service game). So of course the downside is dealing with server issues (like the game currently presents).

2. You do not HAVE to play with others, but the game was clearly balanced around working with a team. As the game increases in difficulty, the enemies become much more numerous and introduces larger, more difficult to kill enemies. This often requires multiple load outs to deal with the changing situations, and a single person can only bring 4 strategems (basically support weapons) where a team of 4 has 16. I can safely say if you don't play with others, the game is not nearly as enjoyable.

3. You can definitely play with others using the quick play option or with friends. As is the case, everything with friends is better, but I have yet to have a bad run with randoms, and I would say I can still enjoy the game when playing with them.

4. I haven't matched with noisy 13 year olds. While having a mic is really nice, most randoms don't use their mics at all. The game generally has good voiceless commands, but for the most part missions are so straightforward that most people just sort of congeal and accomplish tasks.

I'm jonesing to play this game all the time. If anyone wants to team up on steam, just hit me up via my code here 162610777.

And I'll leave you with the opening cinematic!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S9STizATKjE?si=-BYizqlcHW2_2MTf" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SurroundedByMorons 02-21-2024 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17412449)
1. Yes, game is online only (live service game). So of course the downside is dealing with server issues (like the game currently presents).

2. You do not HAVE to play with others, but the game was clearly balanced around working with a team. As the game increases in difficulty, the enemies become much more numerous and introduces larger, more difficult to kill enemies. This often requires multiple load outs to deal with the changing situations, and a single person can only bring 4 strategems (basically support weapons) where a team of 4 has 16. I can safely say if you don't play with others, the game is not nearly as enjoyable.

3. You can definitely play with others using the quick play option or with friends. As is the case, everything with friends is better, but I have yet to have a bad run with randoms, and I would say I can still enjoy the game when playing with them.

4. I haven't matched with noisy 13 year olds. While having a mic is really nice, most randoms don't use their mics at all. The game generally has good voiceless commands, but for the most part missions are so straightforward that most people just sort of congeal and accomplish tasks.

I'm jonesing to play this game all the time. If anyone wants to team up on steam, just hit me up via my code here 162610777.

And I'll leave you with the opening cinematic!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S9STizATKjE?si=-BYizqlcHW2_2MTf" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Appreciate the feedback, exactly what I was curious about!

Fish 02-21-2024 05:02 PM

So, it's Starship Troopers?

BigBeauford 02-21-2024 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 17412765)

Yes, they have nailed the humor (the pleasantly fascist utopian society jokes never get old), the gunplay is fantastic, the progression system is fair, and in fact even the paid track is reasonable and can be attained without spending money. He'll, even the cosmetic stuff is like 2-3 bucks, which feels like a throwback for prices.

I can't think of a better squad based PvE shooter that I've played, it's certainly my favorite since Deep Rock Galactic.

Bump 02-21-2024 05:58 PM

Ya I bought helldivers a couple of days ago. It's pretty hard, I've yet to get the quickplay matchmaking to work so I've only played it solo. But on playstation I can always at least get into the server because of a little loophole, but solo play only.

Bump 02-22-2024 12:38 AM

Found a way from searching how to get into the game every time and how to get the quickplay to work. So ya, it's a lot better with randoms than solo lol.

really immersive game. Starship troopers in the Vietnam war with some terminator mixed in.

Sassy Squatch 02-22-2024 08:47 AM

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth demo is fully out now. Couple aspects took some getting used to and can already tell managing materia for the whole party is going to be a pain in the ass.

Imon Yourside 02-22-2024 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 17412765)

Seems that way to me, I can't get into bugs as enemies.

Frazod 02-22-2024 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17411423)
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PPskW89SKK8" title="I&#39;ve Played 50 Hours of Nightingale - Review" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This sounds just like Enshrouded, except you don't have to go hunting for crafters.

Imon Yourside 02-22-2024 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17414004)
This sounds just like Enshrouded, except you don't have to go hunting for crafters.

I haven't taken the plunge yet, but it looks interesting to pay attention to. It launched in a janky state, but the devteam is former Mass Effect guys so we shall see.

Frazod 02-22-2024 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17414017)
I haven't taken the plunge yet, but it looks interesting to pay attention to. It launched in a janky state, but the devteam is former Mass Effect guys so we shall see.

I finally crapped out on Enshrouded not long after hitting the max level. Games really lose their allure for me after that.

I may give this one a go.

Imon Yourside 02-22-2024 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17414096)
I finally crapped out on Enshrouded not long after hitting the max level. Games really lose their allure for me after that.

I may give this one a go.

If you think Enshrouded had a bad grind better watch out for this one. That being said it's early access and I think $26.99 on Steam right now. It could pay off as I'm sure the dev team will iron things out at some point. One of those games you play until you get tired of the things that need to be fixed and come back at a later date. Just be warned about the grind, if you're ok with taking forever to gather/kill/craft to get to the next tier then you might be ok.

Another thing to consider is that it's much harder solo as the game I believe is geared toward having coop buddies help you. You do have 2 hours to refund if you're not happy with it via Steam policy.

Frazod 02-22-2024 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17414112)
If you think Enshrouded had a bad grind better watch out for this one. That being said it's early access and I think $26.99 on Steam right now. It could pay off as I'm sure the dev team will iron things out at some point. One of those games you play until you get tired of the things that need to be fixed and come back at a later date. Just be warned about the grind, if you're ok with taking forever to gather/kill/craft to get to the next tier then you might be ok.

Another thing to consider is that it's much harder solo as the game I believe is geared toward having coop buddies help you. You do have 2 hours to refund if you're not happy with it via Steam policy.

That's probably a no-go for me, then. As I've said many times, gaming is ME time, not US time.

Imon Yourside 02-22-2024 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17414121)
That's probably a no-go for me, then. As I've said many times, gaming is ME time, not US time.

https://gamerant.com/nightingale-can-you-play-solo/

A little more difficult but possible, whatever that means.

Frazod 02-22-2024 09:46 PM

Went ahead and pulled the trigger. Downloading now.

hometeam 02-22-2024 11:36 PM

helldivers is poppin off rn.

Imon Yourside 02-23-2024 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17414469)
Went ahead and pulled the trigger. Downloading now.

Lmk what you think of it, I'm on the fence but will probably buy it eventually.

Imon Yourside 02-25-2024 11:10 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oob22D0t-Wo" title="We NEED To Talk About Last Epoch" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The best ARPG released, so many features that blow away options in like games. Once the server issues get fixed, should be the best.

Sassy Squatch 02-28-2024 02:36 PM

For you FF7 nerds, the Golden Saucer play and Aerith belting out the theme song.

https://youtu.be/Wo89zx9IDJI?si=eqKZXekGbOTDMDno

Imon Yourside 02-28-2024 03:58 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fFrOffBNYOY" title="My Opinion of Asmongold Honest Last Epoch Review" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comparing Diablo 4 to Last Epoch to Path of Exile. An in between for the Casual Andy that loves playing but isn't into spending 20 hours a day like those on WOW it's a nice middle ground and perfect for those that play for fun.