ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

blaise 09-09-2008 11:48 AM

I watched Oldboy the other night. It's Korean w/subtitles. I liked it, it's pretty graphic in places though, but I thought it was imaginative and well acted.
Plus the dude eats an octupus alive. Pretty wild.

noa 09-09-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 4999087)
I watched Oldboy the other night. It's Korean w/subtitles. I liked it, it's pretty graphic in places though, but I thought it was imaginative and well acted.
Plus the dude eats an octupus alive. Pretty wild.

Oldboy is an awesome movie. I would definitely recommend checking out the rest of the trilogy: Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Lady Vengeance. Oldboy is probably the best of the three, and they are all very different, but I think they are each awesome in their own way, and all very graphic.

kcvet 09-10-2008 11:06 AM

Rambo 08. but I had to buy DVD burn software to copy. he didn't over play the part. plus it was based on a true story

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WAhdBPXh1ts&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WAhdBPXh1ts&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Fire Me Boy! 09-10-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcvet (Post 5001917)
Rambo 08. but I had to buy DVD burn software to copy. he didn't over play the part. plus it was based on a true story

Had to buy DVD burn software? Seems like someone needs a lesson on needs vs. wants.

And legal vs. illegal.

QuikSsurfer 09-10-2008 12:14 PM

LTTP: Children of Men

Watched this last night and am still thinking about it today. Great, great movie. A must purchase.

Fire Me Boy! 09-10-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 5002187)

Watched this last night and am still thinking about it today. Great, great movie. A must purchase.

Pretty good, yes.

I watched Star Trek 5. It still sucks.

Been leading up to Star Trek 6 tonight.

My wife wanted to watch Khan a few days ago, so we did. She's never seen any of the others, so I've made her watch them, even though 3 and 5 suck, and 4 is the worst of the even numbers.

patteeu 09-10-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5002173)
Had to buy DVD burn software? Seems like someone needs a lesson on needs vs. wants.

And legal vs. illegal.

He didn't say he needed to make a copy. He said he had to buy the software (presumably because he wanted to make a copy).

irishjayhawk 09-10-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 5002187)

One of my favorite movies. It was in my top 5, if not my #1 movie of that year.

Fire Me Boy! 09-10-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 5002230)
He didn't say he needed to make a copy. He said he had to buy the software (presumably because he wanted to make a copy).

Yeah... ;)

Deberg_1990 09-10-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5002220)
Pretty good, yes.

I watched Star Trek 5. It still sucks.

Been leading up to Star Trek 6 tonight.

My wife wanted to watch Khan a few days ago, so we did. She's never seen any of the others, so I've made her watch them, even though 3 and 5 suck, and 4 is the worst of the even numbers.

Wrath of Khan is still the best Trek. It transcends the genre.

4 is good, but quite cheesy at times.

I watched 5 about a year ago, and it still sucks.

6 was very good. Probably the 2nd best Trek flick. Love the whole play on the cold war ending about the time that flick was made.

Never really cared much for any of the Next Generation flicks, but the only truly terrible one was Insurrection.

Fire Me Boy! 09-10-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5002274)
Wrath of Khan is still the best Trek. It transcends the genre.

4 is good, but quite cheesy at times.

I watched 5 about a year ago, and it still sucks.

6 was very good. Probably the 2nd best Trek flick. Love the whole play on the cold war ending about the time that flick was made.

Never really cared much for any of the Next Generation flicks, but the only truly terrible one was Insurrection.

Exactly how I feel. 2, 6, 4. Though I think The Motion Picture is the best story, it suffers from a SERIOUS case of boring-as-shit-itis.

The next gen stuff is OK. I own Nemesis, but still haven't seen it.

Deberg_1990 09-10-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5002320)
Exactly how I feel. 2, 6, 4. Though I think The Motion Picture is the best story, it suffers from a SERIOUS case of boring-as-shit-itis.

The next gen stuff is OK. I own Nemesis, but still haven't seen it.

Yea, Motion Picture is ok. I have more respect for it than actual enjoyment.

Nemesis is ok. I know alot of people didnt like but i enjoyed it. Its kind of a ripoff of Khan, but its ok.

blaise 09-10-2008 01:11 PM

I watched Pi the other day. It was pretty good. A guy tries to find mathematical patterns in the stock market and people start chasing him becaus of it.
It's in black and white and sparse. It reminds me of Eraserhead with a plot and dialougue.

QuikSsurfer 09-10-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5002367)
I watched Pi the other day. It was pretty good. A guy tries to find mathematical patterns in the stock market and people start chasing him becaus of it.
It's in black and white and sparse. It reminds me of Eraserhead with a plot and dialougue.

I really enjoyed the movie and it had a GREAT soundtrack.
From the director of Requiem for a Dream.

Fire Me Boy! 09-10-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 5002405)
I really enjoyed the movie and it had a GREAT soundtrack.
From the director of Requiem for a Dream.

Well... technically, Requiem for a Dream was from the director of Pi. Pi was first. ;)