ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

O.city 12-20-2012 07:55 PM

Get the **** out of this thread. It's a Geno Smith fan thread.

Take your shit, somewhere else.

NJChiefsFan 12-20-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9228390)
I just can't argue with football morons anymore.

You draft the best qb on the board if you need one or you Gtfo.

Yes. Its not about value when you need a QB in a QB league.

You would think this doesn't need to be quoted but sadly it does. It is amazing how many football fans don't get it. I used to think it was just Chiefs fans but its everyone. Jets fans are talking about Cousins and a Pats fan honestly suggested Matt Flynn for KC. So many people, even those that watch Brady, don't get it.

O.city 12-20-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9228399)
Did San Fran, Cincy, or Cleveland do that?

Did they win a SB?

Did the Packers do that? Did the Giants do that? Steelers?

jd1020 12-20-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9228397)
No. No, he didn't. Watch that video. Watch his feet. He sets his feet well. Great throws at 1:57, 4:18 & 5:15. You guys will love the eyes at 4:18. The guy has been a starter in the SEC for 3 years. He's already graduated. He's running a pro style offense that throws the ball downfield. He has to make reads. Murray is also a great athlete who runs to throw. He is NOT a top prospect. And not worthy of the first pick. But would I love to trade down and grab a few extra picks and take Murray in the 20s. Definitely.

I would love for you to GTFO.

This team needs a QB in the worst way. Likely going to end up with the #1 pick and you are suggesting trading down to take an, admittedly, inferior QB.

G
T
F
O

the Talking Can 12-20-2012 07:56 PM

this shit is hilarious

drafting the best available QB is risky

but trading down and picking a piece of shit like murray is good value...oh yeah, so we can draft a lb...

that's the kind of value that has made this franchise a 30 year joke...and the fans never change

O.city 12-20-2012 07:58 PM

You realize Weeden ****ing sucks shit and the Browns are likely taking a QB in the top 5 this year?

kcbubb 12-20-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9228366)
Ok, none of them are worth the 1st pick.
Then give me a player that is worth the pick?
Jarvis Jones? We have two great pass rushers at OLB already
Joeckel? We have a top 5 LT on the roster already.
Teo? Really? ****ing really?

Joeckel could be interesting. I don't know if the Chiefs will be able to keep both Bowe & Albert. If they had to lose one, I would rather lose Albert. I don't want to draft a QB and not be able to protect him. If we resign Bowe and lose Albert, I could see us taking Joeckel. Again, I think the Chiefs should resign both, but I don't know if that will happen.

RealSNR 12-20-2012 07:58 PM

Kcbubb:

Which of these QBs would you draft at #1 overall without the benefit of hindsight? Strictly by what they did in college:

Newton
Bradford
Stafford
Ryan
Russell
Smith (Alex)

the Talking Can 12-20-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9228397)
No. No, he didn't. Watch that video. Watch his feet. He sets his feet well. Great throws at 1:57, 4:18 & 5:15. You guys will love the eyes at 4:18. The guy has been a starter in the SEC for 3 years. He's already graduated. He's running a pro style offense that throws the ball downfield. He has to make reads. Murray is also a great athlete who runs to throw. He is NOT a top prospect. And not worthy of the first pick. But would I love to trade down and grab a few extra picks and take Murray in the 20s. Definitely.

have you ever actually watched any QBs?

or do you just surf youtube for phan clips?

murray is a choking clown...there is nothing he does better than smith

he's most well know to uga fans for missing open wrs and turning it over in clutch situations...

RealSNR 12-20-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9228399)
Did San Fran, Cincy, or Cleveland do that?

Where's AJ Green or Aldon Smith, dumb****?

O.city 12-20-2012 08:01 PM

He's using those teams as examples teams that didn't take a Qb with their first pick, but with their second.

RunKC 12-20-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9228410)
Kcbubb:

Which of these QBs would you draft at #1 overall without the benefit of hindsight? Strictly by what they did in college:

Newton
Bradford
Stafford
Ryan
Russell
Smith (Alex)

It's not worth it SNR. Talking to this dude is a waste of time, man.

kcbubb 12-20-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9228401)
Yes. Its not about value when you need a QB in a QB league.

You would think this doesn't need to be quoted but sadly it does. It is amazing how many football fans don't get it. I used to think it was just Chiefs fans but its everyone. Jets fans are talking about Cousins and a Pats fan honestly suggested Matt Flynn for KC. So many people, even those that watch Brady, don't get it.

I get it. I just don't think Geno has it. It is that simple. I believe in taking a risk. But I see know reason to waste the value of the #1 pick when the QB in this class aren't great. Take your pick, Nassib, Wilson, Bray, Murray, Barkley, Glennon or Geno. I don't think is that much better of a prospect than these guys.

O.city 12-20-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9228427)
I get it. I just don't think Geno has it. It is that simple. I believe in taking a risk. But I see know reason to waste the value of the #1 pick when the QB in this class aren't great. Take your pick, Nassib, Wilson, Bray, Murray, Barkley, Glennon or Geno. I don't think is that much better of a prospect than these guys.

There you go with that "value" word again.

So, no QB at 1. Who you taking?

You said Joeckel, who comes from a spread system scheme which has shown to be harder for LT's to transition than Qb's. Thats who you want?

Hammock Parties 12-20-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9228427)
But I see know reasons.

http://rjw57.github.com/notes/_images/montoya.jpg