ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294504)

HC_Chief 09-22-2023 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 17122357)
I've been checking out some videos on it, although I'm now at the point where I don't want anymore spoilers.

I had given up on gaming because of deteriorating hand/eye skill and lack of interest but being turned base this has caught my eye.

It is legitimately excellent. I've not played a game this immersive since Skyrim. Baldur's Gate 3 is already in my top three games of all time and I'm only a dozen or so hours in.

Chief Pagan 09-22-2023 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 17123429)
It is legitimately excellent. I've not played a game this immersive since Skyrim. Baldur's Gate 3 is already in my top three games of all time and I'm only a dozen or so hours in.

I played a lot of video games in the 80's and early 90's, had a very long break from video games and then got re-introduced to video games with Skyrim that I put way too many hours into.

Oh, and I was playing Dungeons and Dragons since the mid/late 70's. LMAO

Sassy Squatch 09-22-2023 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 17121985)
As we approach gaming season this one is on my list. Weird, Victorian, puppet setting. I like it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6m3IYDwKsps?si=pOIKIMUFDDx_yUtb" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Really trying to like this game but unfortunately took a few too many lessons from Soulsborne in artificial instead of challenging difficulty.

Bump 09-22-2023 10:34 PM

really digging Balders Gate 3, haven't even gotten out of act 1 yet but it's really cool. I made a warlock sexy lady first and she already had some hot sex with the green chick Lae'Zel. She had to eat that pussy out.

Imon Yourside 09-25-2023 06:51 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3lRPqN77ozI" title="My Complete THE DIVISION 3 Wishlist" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Imon Yourside 09-26-2023 04:19 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/raXtNaYUjBo" title="*NEW* STINK BOW, MORE HERO LOADOUTS, BETTER ANIMAL LOOT and more! Fortnite STW Update" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Finally got some non Battle Royale stuff added to Save The World. My #1 game in over 40 years of gaming..Ya I'll catch a lot of hate but something about this game being so random it never gets boring.

Imon Yourside 09-26-2023 09:41 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TUKCvhLQuZI" title="Doom Slayer Build - Rage, Carnage, Mobility | Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A nice build for Bowser and Fish for Cyberpunk 2077, play the Doom guy :)

Fish 09-27-2023 09:29 AM

30 years of Need for Speed.

<blockquote class="reddit-embed-bq" style="height:500px" data-embed-theme="dark" data-embed-height="500"><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/BeAmazed/comments/16tbo7t/evolution_of_computer_graphics_and_need_for_speed/">Evolution of computer graphics and Need for Speed</a><br> by<a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/170071/">u/170071</a> in<a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/BeAmazed/">BeAmazed</a></blockquote><script async="" src="https://embed.reddit.com/widgets.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

Imon Yourside 09-29-2023 01:40 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XbmW6-JvcDc" title="Asmongold &amp; Raxx &amp; Action RPG... What Can Go Wrong!? Last Epoch Reaction!!" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Diablo 4? How about Last Epoch?

BigBeauford 09-29-2023 01:45 PM

What's everyone's thoughts on Mortal Kombat 1? I've been out of the loop on these games for over a decade at least, but this one looks so darn polished, and my wife and I just finished watching the story mode cutscenes on YouTube (which taken as a whole make up a better movie than the turd that was recently released).

BigBeauford 10-04-2023 08:39 AM

FYI, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1+2 is $20 on Steam the next few days.

ThaVirus 10-04-2023 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17135961)
What's everyone's thoughts on Mortal Kombat 1? I've been out of the loop on these games for over a decade at least, but this one looks so darn polished, and my wife and I just finished watching the story mode cutscenes on YouTube (which taken as a whole make up a better movie than the turd that was recently released).

I played (and loved) MK11 but have yet to play MK1.

I will say that I follow the Mortal Kombat sub on Reddit and it seems like most people think the game is unfinished, kind of boring. The people in that sub can be a bit ridiculous so take that with a grain of salt.

BigBeauford 10-04-2023 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17147679)
I played (and loved) MK11 but have yet to play MK1.

I will say that I follow the Mortal Kombat sub on Reddit and it seems like most people think the game is unfinished, kind of boring. The people in that sub can be a bit ridiculous so take that with a grain of salt.

So far the takes I've seen are that it's lighter on content, had an amazing story mode, and might be a mechanically superior game. It's absolutely gorgeous and seems fun, but I have so much training to do to even come close to being competitive.

ThaVirus 10-04-2023 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17147683)
So far the takes I've seen are that it's lighter on content, had an amazing story mode, and might be a mechanically superior game. It's absolutely gorgeous and seems fun, but I have so much training to do to even come close to being competitive.

Oh, yeah, I did watch the “game movie” on YouTube basically the day it came out. Story mode was pretty awesome and got super weird but still cool in the third act. The clips I’ve seen posted online look crisp and gorgeous too. I don’t see many people complaining about gameplay. It seems like everyone thinks the game is unfinished and lacking content as you say.

Wish I could give you my opinion first hand but I am waiting for a price drop as I don’t typically enjoy fighting games as much as I did when we were kids.

Gravedigger 10-05-2023 08:52 AM

I built a 4090 system to update my specs from my 2080TI system I built six years ago and played Lies of P last night on Game Pass, getting 280-340 fps while playing a great homage to Soulsborne was fun. Starfield is also on Game Pass so I want to see how my system handles it. I only have a 1440p 49" Ultrawide but I'm fine with not 4k gaming for awhile until after taxes. Got so many games on my backlog plus the holiday sales that will start coming out soon so I know what I'm doing on Christmas break.

DJJasonp 10-05-2023 08:59 AM

finally finished Doom Eternal last night (on hard level).......the last few missions/bosses were a bitch.

Fun game though.

hometeam 10-05-2023 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 17148633)
I built a 4090 system to update my specs from my 2080TI system I built six years ago and played Lies of P last night on Game Pass, getting 280-340 fps while playing a great homage to Soulsborne was fun. Starfield is also on Game Pass so I want to see how my system handles it. I only have a 1440p 49" Ultrawide but I'm fine with not 4k gaming for awhile until after taxes. Got so many games on my backlog plus the holiday sales that will start coming out soon so I know what I'm doing on Christmas break.

I am running a 3440 x 14440 ultrawide 175 hz and my 4090 cant 'max' most ofd the games at max settings to that 175 threshhold. 4090 is a beast, but games are getting beastier, easy 4k ultra settings high refresh is still not really an easily attainable feat. 60 fps maybe, but high refresh 4k is still a generation of gpus and cpus away

Gravedigger 10-09-2023 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 17149764)
I am running a 3440 x 14440 ultrawide 175 hz and my 4090 cant 'max' most ofd the games at max settings to that 175 threshhold. 4090 is a beast, but games are getting beastier, easy 4k ultra settings high refresh is still not really an easily attainable feat. 60 fps maybe, but high refresh 4k is still a generation of gpus and cpus away

Yeah Samsung is coming out with their 57" Neo Odyssey G9 that if I wanted to piss my wife off, I would get it as it's 2 4k displays in one. Currently I game on the 120Hz refresh 49" ultrawide Odyssey at 1440 so I don't yet dabble in the 4k, so the 4090 Strix is eating up 1440p games. Maybe in a year or two I'll get a nicer 4k monitor. I'm hoping that the next line of Nvidia GPUs will come out in the next two years so I can turn in my 4090 and claim it has defects to use as trade in credit towards a 5090 or whatever the top line GPU will be in 2 years.

ThaVirus 10-09-2023 08:31 AM

I finished the story mode for Batman: Arkham Knight a couple days ago. I’m still having some fun going through and tying up side quest plots at the moment but I will say the game is pretty awesome.

I was worried I wouldn’t like the Batmobile stuff. Some of it is pretty tedious, otherwise it was a good addition.

I’ll also miss Conroy’s Batman voice.

WhawhaWhat 10-09-2023 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17157086)
I finished the story mode for Batman: Arkham Knight a couple days ago. I’m still having some fun going through and tying up side quest plots at the moment but I will say the game is pretty awesome.

I was worried I wouldn’t like the Batmobile stuff. Some of it is pretty tedious, otherwise it was a good addition.

I’ll also miss Conroy’s Batman voice.

I really liked those games. If you still want to play a similar game in the same Bat universe, try Gotham Knights. People shit on it but I didn't have a problem with it.

Gravedigger 10-09-2023 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 17157518)
I really liked those games. If you still want to play a similar game in the same Bat universe, try Gotham Knights. People shit on it but I didn't have a problem with it.

Free with Xbox Game Pass.

Skyy God 10-09-2023 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 17157518)

I just started it.

Pretty meh.

Mecca 10-09-2023 03:00 PM

There are a lot of games similar to Batman

Shadow of Modor and Shadow of War have very similar combat
The Spiderman games by insomniac are similar

Ghost of Tsushima has some similarity.

Imon Yourside 10-09-2023 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyy God (Post 17157772)
I just started it.

Pretty meh.

It's more aimed at the looter/shooter crowd, more for the likes of me.

WhawhaWhat 10-09-2023 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17157855)

Ghost of Tsushima is in-****ing-credible. I loved that game.

Otter 10-12-2023 09:34 AM

Assassin's Creed Mirage is pretty mediocre. I really can't understand why Ubisoft devs can't understand that if you combine AC2 and Odyssey this game would take off like a Space X rocket.

Do yourself a favor and wait until it goes on sale or play AC Origins. Same thing pretty much.

WhawhaWhat 10-12-2023 09:41 AM

I got the true ending for Sea of Stars. Basically you have to complete all the side quests and then beat the game again and then you get a different ending. A couple of those side quests you can't even start until after you beat the game the first time.

The game is pretty great though. If you like classic turn based RPGs, this game is well worth it.

DJJasonp 10-12-2023 02:10 PM

Started the remake of "Dead Space" recently on PS5. MUCH better controls than the original (I quit 1/4 of the way in the original cause I hated the controls so much).

Graphics are beefed up, along with the sound, etc. Some really good scares too.

Enjoying it so far.

Buck 10-13-2023 04:26 PM

There’s this new game called Path of Exile it’s pretty good. It’s sorta like Diablo 4.

Wallcrawler 10-14-2023 12:17 PM

Starfield, now that I've decided to just finish it and walk, and not play the game to NG+10, is a very mid tier game.

This is very much a title that you will get what you want out of it. If you're looking for things to bitch about, there's plenty.

If you're looking for a game that let's you build your own ship, hire your own crew and explore the galaxy taking on the problems of the NPC'S of the universe, there's plenty of that too.

It offers a bit of everything, while action oriented gamers will be turned off by the sheer amount of gameplay that is simply talking to people. Go here, talk for 5 minutes. Now travel here, talk for 10 minutes. There's even ways to get out of a lot of side action by using persuade, bribery, diplomacy, or intimidation to simply end conflicts through dialogue.

I found the story to be exceptionally slow starting, with a wierd kind of forced conscription into the games main faction, Constellation. The game acts as if you're interested to find out what you found in a mine, when as a player, I really couldn't give less of a shit.

It led to me putting off the main story for most of my time playing, and I spent my time in the more interesting faction quest lines.

Building starship was the main joy I found in this game, albeit SUPER ****ING ANNOYING to have ship parts locked behind level progression before they even appear, and then skill progression before you can buy them.

I spent a week of playing the game trying to grind to level 60 just to get the right engine type for my Millenium Falcon build. Grinding was the right word here, as general questing gives such low XP rewards, that you're far better off finding a planet populated with a lot of wildlife, and just culling it all for the xp.

I didn't get into outpost gameplay at all due to the time investment required, only to learn that when you complete the story and move into NG +, only your level and skills will carry over.

Outposts work, gone. Ships built for exorbitant amounts of credits, gone. Legendary weapons you found along the way, gone. All your credits, gone.

So essentially the game wants you to play through 10 times before you can really settle in on getting a nice collection of ships, legendary gear, and outposts.

For me, the game simply is not that interesting to keep resetting my money, ships, weapons, and outposts I've put work into.

Overall I enjoyed my time playing Starfield. The side content and exploring the universe built with ships that I built from the ground up was infinitely more interesting than the games wierd multiverse themed main story.

It actually has me hankering to return to the old Knights of the Old Republic games. This game is basically a couple mods short of being that game.

Imon Yourside 10-14-2023 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 17167492)
There’s this new game called Path of Exile it’s pretty good. It’s sorta like Diablo 4.

Graphics are just too trash for me, waiting for 2

Imon Yourside 10-14-2023 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 17162031)
Assassin's Creed Mirage is pretty mediocre. I really can't understand why Ubisoft devs can't understand that if you combine AC2 and Odyssey this game would take off like a Space X rocket.

Do yourself a favor and wait until it goes on sale or play AC Origins. Same thing pretty much.

I've kinda given up on Ubisoft, even Division is kind of in a bad place now.

Otter 10-15-2023 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17168444)
I've kinda given up on Ubisoft, even Division is kind of in a bad place now.

So is Rainbow 6 Siege. The matchmaking in ranked is just horrible. You're either on team dominate or team getting your ass kicked almost without exception.

DJJasonp 10-15-2023 07:11 PM

Quote:

Thanks for this. I downloaded it and will give it a shot

Gravedigger 10-16-2023 08:31 AM

Lies of P, go play it.

Imon Yourside 10-17-2023 10:11 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S9KlWrWioWc" title="Endless Dungeon Review" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anything with Tower Defense, I'm on.

WhawhaWhat 10-21-2023 06:01 AM

Anybody get Spider-Man 2? I started it yesterday and it's really good so far.

ThaVirus 10-21-2023 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17157855)

For some reason I wasn’t able to get into the Shadow games. I love Lord of the Rings and that style of game so I really should have loved them. Plus, the nemesis or whatever thing they had (where the enemies would kill you and level up in the ranks) was an awesome idea.

I think I got like halfway through Mordor before I stopped and got maybe 2 hours into War. Just have had zero desire to finish.

I’ve been waiting for Ghost of Tsushima to hit $10-$20 before I pull the trigger on that one. I’ve only heard great things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 17162031)

What difference do you see between Odyssey and Origins? I thought those were basically the same game.

I suppose I’m one of the rare types who love any sort of Assassin’s Creed. I think I prefer the more RPG style of Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla, but I have a lot of fun with the linear modes like AC2, Revelations and Unity as well.

DJJasonp 10-21-2023 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17179608)
For some reason I wasn’t able to get into the Shadow games. I love Lord of the Rings and that style of game so I really should have loved them. Plus, the nemesis or whatever thing they had (where the enemies would kill you and level up in the ranks) was an awesome idea.

I think I got like halfway through Mordor before I stopped and got maybe 2 hours into War. Just have had zero desire to finish.

I’ve been waiting for Ghost of Tsushima to hit $10-$20 before I pull the trigger on that one. I’ve only heard great things.

What difference do you see between Odyssey and Origins? I thought those were basically the same game.

I suppose I’m one of the rare types who love any sort of Assassin’s Creed. I think I prefer the more RPG style of Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla, but I have a lot of fun with the linear modes like AC2, Revelations and Unity as well.

I was the same with Mordor........it just lacked something to draw me in deeper.

Gravedigger 10-23-2023 08:37 AM

Bought Spiderman 2 and Super Mario Bros Wonder over the weekend.

Spiderman 2 is a great extension of the first game with improved everything, really enjoying it so far but it's in the same vein, go over here and do this, go over here and do all these things, same with all open world games, been focused on the side content, haven't gotten far in the story.

Super Mario Bros Wonder is just.... Mario with a new coat of paint, same old, same old. Instead of a Cat Suit, you get an Elephant Suit now, but with the Cat Suit allowing you to climb walls and be nimble, you get that functionality from badges, not suits, so I have a wall climb badge, some mushroom badge and the first badge, the parachute cap badge. Being an elephant brings very little to the game and it feel out of place, like why is there an elephant suit in the middle of the flower kingdom and no other elephants are around? You have like blue oxen around that stampede, you have a squirrel, but why an elephant? The only interesting thing is when you get the flower that distorts the level, allowing you to get another power star, I mean power seed, or whatever those things are. The traversal between zones is like Super Mario 3D Land/World where you freely move to different zones on the map. It's okay, but so far uninspired and I only play a level or two before I get bored and put it away.

Sassy Squatch 10-23-2023 09:02 AM

Trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible, but I'd wait to do a majority of the side content involving combat until after you've mostly unlocked the skill tree.

Bump 10-23-2023 02:56 PM

Quote:

I still can't believe I bought D4 knowing damn well that POE exists. Path of Exile is the only game that I still want to play every time there is something new about it, like a new league.

Imon Yourside 10-23-2023 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 17185827)
I still can't believe I bought D4 knowing damn well that POE exists. Path of Exile is the only game that I still want to play every time there is something new about it, like a new league.

Graphics still feel like the original to me when I played at Launch what was it like 10 or so years ago? I really like the crispness of Diablo 4 plus season 2 is good. Lots to do unlike D3 which got boring after a week or two on resets.

Bump 10-23-2023 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17186113)
Graphics still feel like the original to me when I played at Launch what was it like 10 or so years ago? I really like the crispness of Diablo 4 plus season 2 is good. Lots to do unlike D3 which got boring after a week or two on resets.

I dont think the graphics have improved, I play on playstation.

I doubt I will ever play D4 again tbh, that shit is trash after you reach "end game."

The graphics for POE2 from what they've shown looks cooler but it's going to be a completely different game and will probably have that bare bones vanilla feel like POE did 10 years ago. But the game will keep you interested, unlike diablo.

I hate to admit this lol, but I have about 10,000 hours in POE. It's over a 10 year period damnit!

WhawhaWhat 10-24-2023 05:37 PM

Definitely some glitch issues with Spider-Man 2 that I've come across. I've fallen through the street more than once and couldn't get back on the map. I did a rescue mission where you drop a person off at an ambulance and after I dropped them off the person was still over my shoulders and I couldn't get rid of them. I also changed Spider suits one time and got stuck in a scene.

Game is still good though despite the issues. Everything loads instantly on the PS5 so quitting and restarting takes like 10 seconds.

Imon Yourside 10-24-2023 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 17187950)
Definitely some glitch issues with Spider-Man 2 that I've come across. I've fallen through the street more than once and couldn't get back on the map. I did a rescue mission where you drop a person off at an ambulance and after I dropped them off the person was still over my shoulders and I couldn't get rid of them. I also changed Spider suits one time and got stuck in a scene.

Game is still good though despite the issues. Everything loads instantly on the PS5 so quitting and restarting takes like 10 seconds.

Should be on PC in about a year :)

Sassy Squatch 10-25-2023 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 17187950)

Really? I've ran into absolutely none so far and I'm pretty sure I'm hitting the late game now. Was kind of surprised given how bad the standards are for launch games nowadays how good this one is comparatively.

Sassy Squatch 10-25-2023 11:32 AM

Most of the issues I've seen folks have with Spider Man 2 stem from *ahem* OTHER issues.

Sassy Squatch 10-26-2023 10:40 AM

Will say, those flame missions you do with Yuri seemed like a relative waste of time, until you get to the end and figure out who the 'Flame' ACTUALLY is. Totally caught me off guard in a good way and if there were references to his identity before that moment must've missed them.

BigBeauford 10-31-2023 02:35 PM

If a anyone ever wants to give a great Coop shooter a go (thinking Left 4 Dead sorta), Deep Rock Galactic is on sale for $10. https://store.steampowered.com/app/5...Rock_Galactic/

Imon Yourside 10-31-2023 03:09 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/siYPQQLR7SY" title="RoboCop: Rogue City Review - The Final Verdict" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oLLApXebuNM" title="RoboCop Rogue City - I&#39;d buy that for a Dollar!" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good stuff and YES Peter Weller does the voice of Robocop ;)

WhawhaWhat 10-31-2023 03:18 PM

Spider-Man 2 spoilers:

Spoiler!

Imon Yourside 11-02-2023 06:16 AM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5buh1iR_07Y" title="Avatar Frontiers of Pandora Gameplay and Impressions..." frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v91y87R5iDk" title="Austin played 2 hours of Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora (Hands-On Impressions)" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beautiful boring looking game, if only you could play as humans blasting blue baddies then you might have something.

WhawhaWhat 11-03-2023 09:15 PM

I got the platinum trophy on Spider-Man 2.

Stryker 11-04-2023 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17201705)
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/siYPQQLR7SY" title="RoboCop: Rogue City Review - The Final Verdict" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oLLApXebuNM" title="RoboCop Rogue City - I&#39;d buy that for a Dollar!" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good stuff and YES Peter Weller does the voice of Robocop ;)

Bought that game immediately! :thumb:

Imon Yourside 11-05-2023 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 17207316)
Bought that game immediately! :thumb:

What do you think of it? I've heard it nails the 80's Robocop vibe.

Stryker 11-05-2023 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17207908)
What do you think of it? I've heard it nails the 80's Robocop vibe.

I LOVE it and yes it grabs those 80's vibes incredibly well! It is not a Grade A game but it is a serious Grade AA for sure! Very glad I purchased it :thumb:
It took me a short to get used to the adaptive triggers on PS5 but damn, how well it works!

DJJasonp 11-07-2023 02:51 PM

finished the remastered Dead Space today. Didnt draw me in quickly, but once I got through a few chapters I was hooked. Really enjoyed it.

Otter 11-07-2023 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 17214967)
finished the remastered Dead Space today. Didnt draw me in quickly, but once I got through a few chapters I was hooked. Really enjoyed it.

The 2nd Dead Space is 99.9% as good. Try Bioshock if you haven't already as well.

DJJasonp 11-07-2023 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 17215081)
The 2nd Dead Space is 99.9% as good. Try Bioshock if you haven't already as well.

Oh yeah. Bioshock is my 2nd favorite all time (behind last of us)

DJJasonp 11-07-2023 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 17215259)
Oh yeah. Bioshock is my 2nd favorite all time (behind last of us)

And to add: I think I heard they were doing a remake of system shock!

Stryker 11-07-2023 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 17215260)
And to add: I think I heard they were doing a remake of system shock!

Been out and yes, it is good too! You will LOVE it! Beautiful remake!

DJJasonp 11-14-2023 10:45 AM

Started the Callisto Project, as it was a PS Plus freebie. Great graphics, and good storyline.

Liking it so far....

DC.chief 11-14-2023 03:57 PM

I’m surprised I haven’t seen anyone bring up Remnant 2 in here. If a souls like game with guns sounds interesting to you then I highly suggest giving it a shot.

It’s on a steam sale right now too actually since the new DLC dropped today.

It’s my GOTY personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otter 11-14-2023 06:14 PM

If you're a fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise Dishonored I & II are on sale right now on Steam for about $3 each for their anniversary release date until Nov 21st.

Absolute steal for such good games of the class.

Imon Yourside 11-15-2023 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 17224328)
I’m surprised I haven’t seen anyone bring up Remnant 2 in here. If a souls like game with guns sounds interesting to you then I highly suggest giving it a shot.

It’s my GOTY personally

I really tried to like it, I'm not a souls like fan though and it got boring after beating the game once.

ThaVirus 11-23-2023 03:12 PM

What are everyone’s thoughts on the new PS+ tiers and price hikes?

I find myself a bit indecisive on what to do. My subscription just lapsed earlier this month. I had Days Gone and Uncharted 4 downloaded thanks to PS+, but as you know, when your subscription lapses, you no longer have access to those games.

I’m wondering if I should just renew the lowest tier to get access to Days Gone and Uncharted 4 again or if I should just go with the PS Extra tier to gain access to more games I’d like to play in the future like the Spider-Man games, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Horizon Forbidden West, and I think I saw Ghost of Tsushima on Extra as well.

I don’t have a chance to play very much anymore so perhaps it’d be best to skip the subscription altogether and just wait for the title to hit that $8-20 sweet spot as I typically do..

ThaVirus 11-23-2023 03:17 PM

Oh, and concerning not renewing.. Elden Ring is on sale for $20 right now. I haven’t played it and also have no experience with Dark Souls games.

What’s CP’s temperature on Elden Ring? The people on Reddit talk about it like it’s one of the best games of all time, but they’re a bunch of dipshits and I don’t often agree with their tastes on movies, books, etc.

Indian Chief 11-23-2023 09:51 PM

Mine is up in December and I'm really on the fence. I only play online sporadically so it's hard to justify. I might let it lapse and then see if it gets in the way of anything I want to do.

DJJasonp 11-24-2023 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 17224328)

It’s my GOTY personally

im one of those that cant play 2 before 1........so I bought 1 yesterday on PSN for 15 bucks. We'll see how it goes!

Fish 11-24-2023 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17239410)
Oh, and concerning not renewing.. Elden Ring is on sale for $20 right now. I haven’t played it and also have no experience with Dark Souls games.

What’s CP’s temperature on Elden Ring? The people on Reddit talk about it like it’s one of the best games of all time, but they’re a bunch of dipshits and I don’t often agree with their tastes on movies, books, etc.

Dark Souls type games are not for everyone. Personally, I cannot stand them. The boss battles are insanely difficult slugfests that can take forever, and one tiny timing miscalculation results in you being instadead. I don't like the style of play at all. Too frustrating to be enjoyable.

BigBeauford 11-24-2023 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 17240007)
Dark Souls type games are not for everyone. Personally, I cannot stand them. The boss battles are insanely difficult slugfests that can take forever, and one tiny timing miscalculation results in you being instadead. I don't like the style of play at all. Too frustrating to be enjoyable.

Same, and I love punishing games. These games just feel weirdly sluggish. If I want an unforgiving 3rd person action game, I greatly prefer something like Ninja Gaiden or Returnal.

Sassy Squatch 11-26-2023 09:44 PM

Elden Ring is actually easier than most Soulsborne games IMO because until you get pretty late into the game there's no actual skill checks you can't just come back to till later. Granted, you probably want to follow a guide to get your essentials or you're going to be ****ed raw by most enemies you run across. Also have a 'build' that you'd like to play in mind so you choose the proper starting class and don't waste points.

Stryker 11-26-2023 09:55 PM

RoboCop Rouge City!!!! :clap::thumb: Highly recommend!

RecSeven 11-27-2023 10:07 AM

Ordered the Anbernic RG35XX Plus from their website. I have little experience downloading OS and ROMs so that feels a little overwhelming. But it's shipping from China so I have at least 2 weeks to research. Anybody here have one or heard of them?

Gravedigger 11-27-2023 10:47 AM

Quote:

I always enjoy them, but really understand the reality and get tired eventually. It's all about mastering the bosses moves and the button presses to get away from them. I just get to the point, like I did with Lies of P recently, where I felt I don't have the patience to keep learning boss fights in the same manner. It's like open world games, or Marvel stuff, just seen it all already and there's so much that it's difficult to not feel both overwhelmed and underwhelmed at the same time. Lies of P is great, very faithful and yet innovative with their visual style and art, but I haven't beaten Lies of P due to this, I've gotten bored and annoyed of just dying over and over again until I can replicate the correct movements and reactions. Makes me want to go play a different type of game, so I get it.

BleedingRed 11-28-2023 12:28 PM

Lethal Company is a ****ing hoot to play with friends

ThaVirus 11-29-2023 09:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17240011)
Same, and I love punishing games. These games just feel weirdly sluggish. If I want an unforgiving 3rd person action game, I greatly prefer something like Ninja Gaiden or Returnal.

Hmm. When I was younger I enjoyed that type of challenge but these days it just isn’t conducive to my gaming lifestyle. If I’m lucky I’ll get an hour or two total on the weekend to boot up the ol’ PlayStation. The last thing I want to do is play some frustrating grindfest.

Bump 12-05-2023 12:44 AM

been playing Ark Survival Ascended on PS5.

The graphics are amazing and the quality of life features and building improvements are awesome. Feels worth the money even though it's essentially still Ark. Runs great on the PS5 too.

The console commands are both nice and pretty dumb. It's nice that I can turn off clouds and make the FPS better (getting around 50). But it's dumb that you could just turn off all of the trees and bushes and shit so that you only see players and tames, kills the PVP experience IMO.

DJJasonp 12-05-2023 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RecSeven (Post 17247008)
Ordered the Anbernic RG35XX Plus from their website. I have little experience downloading OS and ROMs so that feels a little overwhelming. But it's shipping from China so I have at least 2 weeks to research. Anybody here have one or heard of them?

is this a computer, or a Pi-like thing?

I've built several arcade cabs as well as modded Retro machines to play all systems, etc.