ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Hammock Parties 03-14-2011 05:40 PM

Next up: The Queen

And I haven't seen Blood Diamond, so I think I'll grab that.

chopper 03-14-2011 05:42 PM

I liked blood diamond. I've heard that Gangs of New York was good, is that what you meant or that it was his last bad movie?

Hammock Parties 03-14-2011 05:46 PM

I loved Gangs of New York.

patteeu 03-14-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chopper (Post 7490370)
I liked blood diamond. I've heard that Gangs of New York was good, is that what you meant or that it was his last bad movie?

Gangs of New York was great. You should give it a try. It's a long one though so block out a big chunk of time.

Frazod 03-14-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7490328)
Inception was cool. I like to interpret the spinning top as symbolism. Cobb has finally realized his dream of reuniting with his kids. I read some stuff that says you hear it drop after the screen goes black, but I couldn't.

I don't think it deserved an oscar for special effects, though. And I think it would have worked better as a TV show.

In other news, I really have to say that Leonardo DiCaprio is becoming one of my favorite actors. Ever since Gangs of New York he keeps putting out awesome movies. I'd like to see him in some Harrison Ford action roles as he gets older.

I really learned to hate him during the Titanic period, just because I got so sick of hearing about the movie and him. Until I read or saw (don't remember) an interview he gave where he basically said he was just horrified by all the attention he got and certainly more sick of it that I was. Said he couldn't even go out and get a gallon of milk from a convenience store without getting swarmed. That must really suck.

After that, I developed a new appreciation for him, and he really is an exceptional actor. My favorite of his movies is The Aviator (Kate Beckinsale as Ava Gardner - DAMN :drool: ). Gangs of New York was very good, although the choppy camera style in the fight scenes sucked. And for those who haven't seen it, What's Eating Gilbert Grape is a very strange, but excellent movie featuring a very young Johnny Depp and an even younger DiCaprio, who did a fantastic job portraying an autistic child.

KcMizzou 03-14-2011 06:18 PM

I think people got down on DiCaprio due to the "teen heart throb" status, and plain old over-saturation. But he's grown up, and he's a hell of a talented actor.

Hammock Parties 03-14-2011 06:20 PM

My hatred for Caprio started with that awful piece of shit Romeo and Juliet movie.

chopper 03-14-2011 06:22 PM

Gilbert Grape is classic. I couldn't make it more than 20 minutes into The Aviator for some reason. Has anyone else seen the beach? DiCaprio move from 2000, I'd never heard of it and caught it on HBO or something one time. It was decent for having never heard of it and no expectations.

bowener 03-14-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 7489499)
Just watched Devil, Wow that was really good! the movie didn't get great reviews when it came out but that's how it is nowadays when a movie flirts too much with the fact that there's a God and a Devil among us. This was interesting, well made, suspenseful. I would have pushed it a bit further though, the producer got probably too scared of involving Jesus in it as it would have made a truly religious movie. I would put it in the same category as "Knowing" with Nic Cage.

You are a gem! I think people have said you are a mult, I don't really care. There whole post is comedy gold. Awesome stuff.

bowener 03-14-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7490328)
Inception was cool. I like to interpret the spinning top as symbolism. Cobb has finally realized his dream of reuniting with his kids. I read some stuff that says you hear it drop after the screen goes black, but I couldn't.

I don't think it deserved an oscar for special effects, though. And I think it would have worked better as a TV show.

In other news, I really have to say that Leonardo DiCaprio is becoming one of my favorite actors. Ever since Gangs of New York he keeps putting out awesome movies. I'd like to see him in some Harrison Ford action roles as he gets older.

Oh, good call, man. I could see him doing quite well with those roles.

Deberg_1990 03-14-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chopper (Post 7490455)
Has anyone else seen the beach? DiCaprio move from 2000, I'd never heard of it and caught it on HBO or something one time. It was decent for having never heard of it and no expectations.

Yea, its been awhile though....thats an old Danny Boyle flick that was at flop at the time.

chopper 03-14-2011 06:32 PM

Just looked at Boyle's credits, seen Trainspotting and 28 Days Later. Want to see 127 hours and Slumdog Millionaire though. I've seen the end of Slumdog Millionaire and had no freaking clue what the hell was going on it was so fast paced.

Sure-Oz 03-14-2011 10:24 PM

I remember Leo as the homeless kid from growing pains

blaise 03-15-2011 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7490441)
I really learned to hate him during the Titanic period, just because I got so sick of hearing about the movie and him. Until I read or saw (don't remember) an interview he gave where he basically said he was just horrified by all the attention he got and certainly more sick of it that I was. Said he couldn't even go out and get a gallon of milk from a convenience store without getting swarmed. That must really suck.

After that, I developed a new appreciation for him, and he really is an exceptional actor. My favorite of his movies is The Aviator (Kate Beckinsale as Ava Gardner - DAMN :drool: ). Gangs of New York was very good, although the choppy camera style in the fight scenes sucked. And for those who haven't seen it, What's Eating Gilbert Grape is a very strange, but excellent movie featuring a very young Johnny Depp and an even younger DiCaprio, who did a fantastic job portraying an autistic child.

I think he's good in This Boy's Life, too.

Hammock Parties 03-16-2011 07:49 AM

Who's ready for gratuitous gothic gore?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/36rNA5XVuIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:

The year is 1348. Europe has fallen under the shadow of the Black Death. As the plague decimates all in its path, fear and superstition are rife. In this apocalyptic environment, the church is losing its grip on the people. There are rumors of a village, hidden in marshland that the plague cannot reach. There is even talk of a necromancer who leads the village and is able to bring the dead back to life. Ulric (Sean Bean), a fearsome knight, is charged by the church to investigate these rumors. He enlists the guidance of a novice monk, Osmund (Eddie Redmayne) to lead him and his band of mercenary soldiers to the marshland, but Osmund has other motives for leaving his monastery. Their journey to the village and events that unfold take them into the heart of darkness and to horrors that will put Osmund's faith in himself and his love for God to the ultimate test.