ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

ILChief 10-08-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8992147)
I'm not trying to be inciteful, but who is "we" in this instance? I think flying one over an away game shows we will go to great lengths to get our message heard. Is this the end of discussion on this point?

I agree, flying a banner at Tampa would have been bad ass. But I haven't donated (yet) so I guess I shouldn't be suggesting things

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 12:35 PM

Stuff and things

http://i48.tinypic.com/idgfgg.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2n8swhv.jpg

NJChiefsFan 10-08-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8991898)
You guys are absolutely up against diminishing returns here. Making a different or more nuanced message really won't do shit to change the needle.

I mean its your money and all so whatever.

Eh, I mean I get your point and I think most times I would agree but to me the only way we could actually have an effect is making the Hunt's look bad. This isn't about making Pioli consider our "ideas". Draw attention to what is going on. I certainly wasn't hoping that the media would be looking due to the cheering towards Cassel(although they did care about the banner), but in the end it really couldn't be more clear that this fan base won't accept Cassel any longer. Fair or not, thats what came of it.

I don't care what the nation thinks of our fan base. When we lost playoff games, did the respect other fans had for the fan base make us sleep better? Nope. I am a Yankees fan, and while I usually try to make the point that we aren't all assholes and that I completely get why people hate my team, when the Yankees win I don't feel bad. It almost makes it feel better. I don't think any of us should give one **** what the country thinks of us. Besides that, nobody is going to care about this in 2 months.

uninvited 10-08-2012 12:44 PM

May not be a very realistic idea, but If there were to be any funds spent on a road game I'd say you'd have to target the Sunday night game in San Diego (Nov. 1) or the MNF game in Pittsburgh (Nov. 12). National audience! Night time adds an entirely different hurdle to finding some creative means to get the message out though.

the Talking Can 10-08-2012 12:48 PM

we should have someone write a one act play recreating the famous dinner between pioli, whitlock, and haley...

then give a free performance in the parking lot before a game

luv 10-08-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uninvited (Post 8992220)
May not be a very realistic idea, but If there were to be any funds spent on a road game I'd say you'd have to target the Sunday night game in San Diego (Nov. 1) or the MNF game in Pittsburgh (Nov. 12). National audience! Night time adds an entirely different hurdle to finding some creative means to get the message out though.

Except that, if either of those fall after the time change, it would be getting dark that close to game time. Kind of hard to see a banner in the dark. ;)

kepp 10-08-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

A "Fire Pioli. Bench Cassel." batman signal.

|Zach| 10-08-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8992211)
Eh, I mean I get your point and I think most times I would agree but to me the only way we could actually have an effect is making the Hunt's look bad. This isn't about making Pioli consider our "ideas". Draw attention to what is going on. I certainly wasn't hoping that the media would be looking due to the cheering towards Cassel(although they did care about the banner), but in the end it really couldn't be more clear that this fan base won't accept Cassel any longer. Fair or not, thats what came of it.

I don't care what the nation thinks of our fan base. When we lost playoff games, did the respect other fans had for the fan base make us sleep better? Nope. I am a Yankees fan, and while I usually try to make the point that we aren't all assholes and that I completely get why people hate my team, when the Yankees win I don't feel bad. It almost makes it feel better. I don't think any of us should give one **** what the country thinks of us. Besides that, nobody is going to care about this in 2 months.

This all kind of agrees with my point.

We have done what we can do.

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 12:56 PM

****ing Pioli.

http://i50.tinypic.com/25s91rk.jpg

NJChiefsFan 10-08-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8992251)

I was never going after your point. I just wanted to know if Ngata was reacting to what Winston said or if he heard them too. Even if he was reacting to Winston, my plan wasn't to use that as proof of anything.

Edit: That is your point about it blowing over. As far as the funding, I still feel at this point any kind of press in the end is going to be pressure on the organization in our favor.

pr_capone 10-08-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8992251)

I disagree.

This will continue until we either run out of money or they acknowledge us.

Dayze 10-08-2012 01:02 PM

How does Matt get a concussion for that hit.
Are we missing something from the camera angle.?

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8992236)
Kind of hard to see a banner in the dark. ;)

Light it up.

http://i50.tinypic.com/11k9ph1.jpg

BigCatDaddy 10-08-2012 01:04 PM

"We damn near miss Carl" SaveOurChiefs.Com

MIAdragon 10-08-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/imag...dium_blimp.jpg

|Zach| 10-08-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8992263)
I disagree.

This will continue until we either run out of money or they acknowledge us.

LMAO

MIAdragon 10-08-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8992274)
How does Matt get a concussion for that hit.
Are we missing something from the camera angle.?

I dont see it at all.

|Zach| 10-08-2012 01:06 PM

I think you guys are naive to expect midseason changes.

pr_capone 10-08-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8992288)
LMAO

What is funny about that? I understand you disagree with this but you are in the minority. If you have a point to make, use your words.

pr_capone 10-08-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8992291)

We expect to see a change at QB during the season. Yes. Our fan dollars are on the line here.

I don't think anyone here truly believes that Clark will pull the plug on Pioli mid season.

Tribal Warfare 10-08-2012 01:09 PM

No shit, this BS media ploy by Pioli company deserves an even bigger reply for the next Chiefs home game.

I hate to make the parallel but it reminds me of the Thomas Jefferson quote "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. "

Molitoth 10-08-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

you are right Zach. Hai guyz, lets just give up and keep supporting this team!

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Yup, won't happen.

The hope is that these assholes are gone next season.

|Zach| 10-08-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8992309)
you are right Zach. Hai guyz, lets just give up and keep supporting this team!

If you don't know how to read my posts then I can't help you.

soopamanluva 10-08-2012 01:13 PM

1-5? I didn't vote for that!- saveourchiefs.com

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 01:14 PM

HEY PIOLI, YOU'RE NO CARL - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

That'll grind his gears.

|Zach| 10-08-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8992292)
What is funny about that? I understand you disagree with this but you are in the minority. If you have a point to make, use your words.

Look I know its now your full time job to track down every single person on the Internet who isn't all in on this and argue with them...I mean we all have our things we love in the world but I have been very clear with my words in this thread that you guys made your point and that continuing to do the same thing won't mean more pressure it will just make the fanbase look like angry joyless pricks. You can't "make the point more" by doing it more.

The point is made more at this point by people not showing up.

Molitoth 10-08-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8992316)
If you don't know how to read my posts then I can't help you.

if I recall, you have been consistent in your opinion that the movement won't bring change which implies we are wasting time, money, and effort

pr_capone 10-08-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8992324)
Look I know its now your full time job to track down every single person on the Internet who isn't all in on this and argue with them...I mean we all have our things we love in the world but I have been very clear with my words in this thread that you guys made your point and that continuing to do the same thing won't mean more pressure it will just make the fanbase look like angry joyless pricks. You can't "make the point more" by doing it more.

I'm not being condescending to you... I would appreciate a little bit of the same in return.

We disagree with your belief that we cannot do any more. We can. Raising the awareness of Chiefs fans all over is equally as important as getting a message to ownership and the front office. If they continue to ignore us, if they will not talk to us, the fan base will perhaps finally get the hint that Clark and Pioli honestly don't care.

That will be a driving force behind STH sales next season and whether or not people continue spending money on single game tickets, gear, parking, and food.

|Zach| 10-08-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8992344)
I'm not being condescending to you... I would appreciate a little bit of the same in return.

We disagree with your belief that we cannot do any more. We can. Raising the awareness of Chiefs fans all over is equally as important as getting a message to ownership and the front office. If they continue to ignore us, if they will not talk to us, the fan base will perhaps finally get the hint that Clark and Pioli honestly don't care.

That will be a driving force behind STH sales next season and whether or not people continue spending money on single game tickets, gear, parking, and food.

Actually yes. You were condescending to me just minutes earlier which is fine. I know all of you think you are doing God's work and saving the world from itself when in reality you are just a bunch of people with too much time on their hands. I am not a man to tell other people what to do with their hard earned money so all the best even though after an original great idea you guys are just starving for attention and spinning your tires.

luv 10-08-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8992324)

I think a lot of people (people in general, not people on this site) would agree with the portion of this post in bold. I understand you have money for more banners and such, which is why I think you should be a bit more positive whenever you do another one. In either case, I agree that the point was made yesterday, and any more banners will just be fans communicating with the organization. Although, now, it's more like just sending a huge text that several people can see. Future banners won't have as much of an impact as yesterday's did (which is why people are wanting to up the ante by creating a billboard or taking it to a road game).

I think the social media thing is great, though. By joining saveourchiefs.com, people tie themselves to the cause. A banner seemingly speaks for a fan base as a whole (all about perception). I think that's why people were so divided over it. Not everyone wanted to be tied with it. Just like saying the whole stadium cheered Cassel's injury yesterday whenever not everyone there did. We all got grouped together. You can say that you didn't, but your voice is lost among the crowd mentality which the media has created.

Bearcat 10-08-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8991872)
I think the "send a message" part of this was done and what can be done effectively has plateaued. Its just a lack of butts in seats now that will make change.

I don't agree that it's plateaued, but the point of diminishing returns is definitely something to think about, and everyone knows the strongest message you can send is not buying the product.

I don't think another banner is a bad idea, mostly due to yesterday's gameplan and Cassel's injury. It's one thing to complain about the starting quarterback while not really knowing if the alternative is any better, and if Cassel was healthy we'd basically be giving the same message of "let's try something new"... but, Quinn might start next week. He might look good or he might look worse than Cassel... then Crennel might name Cassel the starter or Quinn... tl;dr - a lot could happen in the next week, which would change the message.

Eventually though, I think there does need to be some kind of call to action.

luv 10-08-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8992357)

I think the social media thing is great, though. By joining saveourchiefs.com, people tie themselves to the cause. A banner seemingly speaks for a fan base as a whole (all about perception). I think that's why people were so divided over it. Not everyone wanted to be tied with it. Just like saying the whole stadium cheered Cassel's injury yesterday whenever not everyone there did. We all got grouped together. You can say that you didn't, but your voice is lost among the crowd mentality which the media has created.

In rereading this, I do have to say that I think it will help if you ultimately put the site (saveourchiefs.com) name with future banners and such.

Bearcat 10-08-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8992356)
Actually yes. You were condescending to me just minutes earlier. I know all of you think you are doing God's work and saving the world from itself when in reality you are just a bunch of people with too much time on their hands. I am not a man to tell other people what to do with their hard earned money so all the best even though after an original great idea you guys are just starving for attention and spinning your tires.

Starving for attention? They grabbed the attention of thousands of people in a week... they should do something with it.

|Zach| 10-08-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8992367)
I don't agree that it's plateaued, but the point of diminishing returns is definitely something to think about, and everyone knows the strongest message you can send is not buying the product.

I don't think another banner is a bad idea, mostly due to yesterday's gameplan and Cassel's injury. It's one thing to complain about the starting quarterback while not really knowing if the alternative is any better, and if Cassel was healthy we'd basically be giving the same message of "let's try something new"... but, Quinn might start next week. He might look good or he might look worse than Cassel... then Crennel might name Cassel the starter or Quinn... tl;dr - a lot could happen in the next week, which would change the message.

Eventually though, I think there does need to be some kind of call to action.

I agree it isn't a "bad" idea but it changes nothing about the status quo of things. Whereas the act of doing the banner in the first place was a good idea because it made the frustration clear. It won't be made clearer with another

SPATCH 10-08-2012 01:35 PM

Whoever is in charge with the tweets for @SaveOurChiefs: tone it down a bit with the negativity toward Cassel. Hitting a man while he is down does not exactly have mass appeal (especially with our behavior being scrutinized following the Winston interview).

Tribal Warfare 10-08-2012 01:37 PM

Actually just thinking about it, the best time to do it is the Steeler game. So let this "bad publicity" die down then do it again once Haley pushes Pioli's shit in.

DMAC 10-08-2012 01:38 PM

Fly another one that just says "GO CHIEFS! www.saveourchiefs.com"

KC Dan 10-08-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8992375)
I agree it isn't a "bad" idea but it changes nothing about the status quo of things. Whereas the act of doing the banner in the first place was a good idea because it made the frustration clear. It won't be made clearer with another

how about - "Get well Matty, Go KC & Quinn! Die in a Fire Pioli!

ghak99 10-08-2012 01:39 PM

I believe it has to be turned into a Pioli or the Fans message that clearly states we are behind the players.

Having SaveOurChiefs at the end of the banner might convey the team support, but the first half of the message needs to put the pressure directly on Pioli's contract situation.

|Zach| 10-08-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 8992397)
Whoever is in charge with the tweets for @SaveOurChiefs: tone it down a bit with the negativity toward Cassel. Hitting a man while he is down does not exactly have mass appeal (especially with our behavior being scrutinized following the Winston interview).

The people behind this. They are all about it.

BOXERAJ 10-08-2012 01:43 PM

Pioli=Epic Fail Saveourchiefs.com

Molitoth 10-08-2012 01:44 PM

cassel is the problem, and pioli is the root of the problem.

BourbonMan 10-08-2012 01:49 PM

How about:
AL DAVIS=PIOLI SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-08-2012 01:51 PM

Will pass it along to the team

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 8992397)

Tribal Warfare 10-08-2012 01:54 PM

SaveOurChiefs.com- liberate candy wrappers, fire Pioli

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 8992438)
How about:
AL DAVIS=PIOLI SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Don't insult Al Davis.

Titty Meat 10-08-2012 02:00 PM

Guys we're losing the PR battle and WTF is the SaveourChiefs guy on twitter doing? Is he aware that the media is watching his tweets?

|Zach| 10-08-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8992486)
Guys we're losing the PR battle and WTF is the SaveourChiefs guy on twitter doing? Is he aware that the media is watching his tweets?

Exactly. Blindly emoting doesn't help anything.

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 02:02 PM

Is this really what we want?

@SaveOurChiefs
I just tweeted nine pics of my penis to @EricWinston. #FirePioli

Tribal Warfare 10-08-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

We need to tone it down till the Steeler/Haley game.

Reerun_KC 10-08-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Minor set back, but we arent losing....

We will reach out and can be heard.

Reerun_KC 10-08-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8992494)

@SaveOurChiefs

:banghead:

who is that?

SPATCH 10-08-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Seriously man.. the "dick pics" thing. It's really starting to bum me out...

Even making me want to distance myself from the movement if I'm going to be associated that kind of thing.

Reerun_KC 10-08-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 8992500)
Seriously man.. the "dick pics" thing. It's really starting to bum me out...

Even making me want to distance myself from the movement if I'm going to be associated that kind of thing.

Damn not cool...

alnorth 10-08-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

@SaveOurChiefs

Is that a real tweet? WTF?

Tribal Warfare 10-08-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

@SaveOurChiefs

yeah the guy who is sending out those tweets should be removed from the cause

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 02:08 PM

Looks like that got cleaned up.

DMAC 10-08-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8992514)
yeah the guy who is sending out those tweets should be removed from the cause

With a tweet announcing that removal

Molitoth 10-08-2012 02:09 PM

dumb tweets, jesus

MIAdragon 10-08-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8992499)

who is that?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...36#post8991436

#15 :cuss:

alnorth 10-08-2012 02:10 PM

Don't see it, so maybe it was a deleted tweet. Even if he didn't send that out, the "SaveOurChiefs" tweets are really kind of obnoxious.

Reerun_KC 10-08-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 8992523)

That moron is the guy tweeting?

**** this is all for not then..

Tribal Warfare 10-08-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 8992523)

A ****ing unknown n00b was running this? Come on guys get your shit together on this part of the campaign.

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 02:14 PM

That guy isn't running the twitter feed. I think it was Teedubya...he tweets out stuff people post on here occasionally.

Reerun_KC 10-08-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8992539)
That guy isn't running the twitter feed. I think it was Teedubya...he tweets out stuff people post on here occasionally.

He should know better...

Jesus maybe the national media is right. That was ****ing stupid...

SPATCH 10-08-2012 02:18 PM

Daaaaaaaamn dude. Some of those recent tweets have really taken the wind out of my sails.

I am Anti-Pioli, but I am Pro-Chiefs. This should be about taking OUR team back, not taking cheap shots and jabs at an injured player or the player who defended him (no matter where you stand on the issue). I feel bad, man.

This guy on Twitter is making the movement feel malicious and cruel. I feel like it should be more informative and energizing.

EDIT: The volume of the tweets needs to be reduced, and the content should be filtered through multiple people. 70,000+ followers is powerful. There is a lot of people on this board counting on vehicles like the @SaveOurChiefs account to help our voice be heard. Afraid the responsibility that comes with that is not being taken seriously.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-08-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8991667)
Maybe the next banner could be LAMAR DESERVES BETTER

or

LAMAR HUNT WOULD BE EMBARRASSED

This is absolutely ****ing perfect!

Fire Me Boy! 10-08-2012 02:23 PM

WE SUPPORT THE CHIEFS. PIOLI MUST GO.

(37 characters)

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-08-2012 02:26 PM

We have 3 guys helping, I addressed this issue and deleted this tweet.

Quote:

@SaveOurChiefs

stonedstooge 10-08-2012 02:28 PM

Pioli-We Want Our Team Back

Mr. Flopnuts 10-08-2012 02:30 PM

You guys really gave Joey the ****ing steering wheel on the twitter feed? Why in the **** would you do that?

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 02:31 PM

What? Absolutely not.

doomy3 10-08-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8992586)
You guys really gave Joey the ****ing steering wheel on the twitter feed? Why in the **** would you do that?

LMAO

Wow.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-08-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8992320)
HEY PIOLI, YOU'RE NO CARL - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

That'll grind his gears.

I like this one a lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8992591)
What? Absolutely not.

If not, my apologies. That's what it sounded like.

SPATCH 10-08-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 8992574)
We have 3 guys helping, I addressed this issue and deleted this tweet.

The whole tone needs to be adjusted ASAP. The tweets need to take on a more self-assured tone. No more attacks on players. Statistics are fine, but leave the pot-shots on CP.

We have the facts. We know we are right. We know the concerns for our team are valid and the movement is justified. Approach it that way. With 70,000+ followers and the national media watching, the tweets should be approached much more politically than they have been thus far.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-08-2012 02:37 PM

Honestly, when you think about it, phonetapping, paranoia, manipulation, secrecy, and candy wrappers has me thinking this whole ****ing thing could have been staged. Pioli knew the fan base was riled up. He may have had the whole ****ing thing planned. It sounds fringe, and it probably is. I just don't see how Matt got a concussion on that fall to the ground he took. If our GM would turn to that kind of shit against the fanbase, trying to start a civil war, **** him and everyone who looks like him.

Fire Me Boy! 10-08-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 8992611)
The whole tone needs to be adjusted ASAP. The tweets need to take on a more self-assured tone. No more attacks on players. Statistics are fine, but leave the pot-shots on CP.

We have to facts. We know we are right. We know the concerns for our team are valid and the movement is justified. Approach it that way. With 70,000+ followers and the national media watching, the tweets should be approached much more politically than they have been thus far.

I agree. I also think we'd present a better front if we left profanity out of our message, both on Twitter and Facebook.

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 02:38 PM

The Chiefs, and Pioli, really wanted to distance themselves from Carl, so I also dig that one.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-08-2012 02:39 PM

WE'VE LOST THE GLEAM, MEN - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM