ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars: Rebels (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273208)

SAUTO 07-17-2016 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12319408)
Yes, I get the feeling Luke is done for in VIII. Revisiting the old master passing it off to the young warrior theme. Will he be Rey's force ghost mentor?

Hamill literally said he's out of a job after VIII

DaneMcCloud 07-17-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12319408)
Yes, I get the feeling Luke is done for in VIII. Revisiting the old master passing it off to the young warrior theme. Will he be Rey's force ghost mentor?

There has been no indication that this happens through the various leaks.

If anything, Luke is a complete badass that wipes out the Knights of Ren completely, save for Kylo, who escapes.

DaneMcCloud 07-17-2016 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12319412)

And followed it up with "I meant my time on Episode VIII complete".

Carrie Fisher all but confirmed this morning that she's returning for Episode IX. She said "We all start shooting again soon".

Bowser 07-17-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12319412)

I remember seeing that, but context was brought up. Does that mean he has a few weeks/months off before he starts shooting IX, or did it mean he was dead as ****ing disco?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12319414)

If anything, Luke is a complete badass that wipes out the Knights of Ren completely, save for Kylo, who escapes.

That will be epic to watch unfold as well. I read your posts but I don't go in search of the hardcore spoilers, so I'll take your word for it.

SAUTO 07-17-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12319414)

I think you're right, he kills all the knights of ren. Kylo gets away and comes back at the end with del toro, who then kills luke.

But I'm just guessing here, like most people

DaneMcCloud 07-17-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12319420)
I remember seeing that, but context was brought up. Does that mean he has a few weeks/months off before he starts shooting IX, or did it mean he was dead as ****ing disco?

That will be epic to watch unfold as well. I read your posts but I don't go in search of the hardcore spoilers, so I'll take your word for it.

There's video of the battle. It's a bad camera video but it's pretty clear what happens.

There's been no indication that Luke is killed. Personally, I think it would parallel Obi Wan's death way too much, so hopefully, they stay away from it.

We've seen Yoda and Obi Wan as Force Ghosts (and heard Qui Gon), so I'd rather see Luke die of old age in Episode XII as opposed to being killed when he's at the height of his powers.

Too many parallels to the OT will seriously undermine the new trilogy, IMO.

SAUTO 07-17-2016 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12319445)
There's video of the battle. It's a bad camera video but it's pretty clear what happens.

There's been no indication that Luke is killed. Personally, I think it would parallel Obi Wan's death way too much, so hopefully, they stay away from it.

We've seen Yoda and Obi Wan as Force Ghosts (and heard Qui Gon), so I'd rather see Luke die of old age in Episode XII as opposed to being killed when he's at the height of his powers.

Too many parallels to the OT will seriously undermine the new trilogy, IMO.

This post is exactly why it's gonna happen, do you really trust that they aren't gonna parallel anymore? ROFL.

I seriously think luke dies, and was just kinda brainstorming on one of your posts about ezra possibly forming the knights of ren...luke wipes them out save for kylo, Ezra gets revenge. Sets up 9 for rey to whoop a ton of ass

DaneMcCloud 07-17-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12319474)
This post is exactly why it's gonna happen, do you really trust that they aren't gonna parallel anymore? ROFL.

I seriously think luke dies, and was just kinda brainstorming on one of your posts about ezra possibly forming the knights of ren...luke wipes them out save for kylo, Ezra gets revenge. Sets up 9 for rey to whoop a ton of ass

I suppose that anything is possible but so far, nothing is known about Del Toro's character other than he's an agent of Snoke.

If Hamill's tweet was a faux pas, it might be the dumbest tweet in the history of Twitter.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-17-2016 11:57 AM

Del Toro is not Ezra. All spoilers point to his character being set up by the FO for betrayal at the end of the movie.

SAUTO 07-17-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12319486)
I suppose that anything is possible but so far, nothing is known about Del Toro's character other than he's an agent of Snoke.

If Hamill's tweet was a faux pas, it might be the dumbest tweet in the history of Twitter.

It would be a great set up for 9 IMO

Bowser 07-17-2016 11:59 AM

Just as an aside - how monumentally difficult is it to keep ANYTHING a secret these days from a movie set, much less one of Star Wars' caliber? The thought of potential leaks has to keep directors and producers up all night worrying about it. I mean, a Luke vs. the Knights of Ren battle has to be one of the crescendos of the movie, and it's already leaked online? Things like that would drive me bat shit if I were in charge of it all...

SAUTO 07-17-2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12319492)
Del Toro is not Ezra. All spoilers point to his character being set up by the FO for betrayal at the end of the movie.

You guys know much more about this than I do, just spitballing here

Bowser 07-17-2016 12:01 PM

We're blurring the lines between Rebels and VIII here, lol. I suppose they are connected, though

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-17-2016 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12319506)
We're blurring the lines between Rebels and VIII here, lol. I suppose they are connected, though

I think we're going to find only marginally, as time goes on.

SAUTO 07-17-2016 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12319506)

They're all connected I actually think we will start to see much more cross over characters.