ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

tk13 11-29-2012 09:26 PM

It is a business. You could just as easily argue the Spurs are playing 4 games in 5 nights and the coach thinks it's bad for the long term business of his franchise, which is winning games. I don't know if I agree with that, and I'm sure Popovich is snubbing his nose at the scheduling a bit... but fining them for what they did tonight is completely outrageous.

kcxiv 11-29-2012 09:27 PM

I dont care that they didnt play, but to send them back home and not even be there. just have them at the game dress them up or make them sit out, but at least go to the game and be their with their teammates. Thats the only part i dont like.

kcxiv 11-29-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9163118)
So it's cool if you buy tickets to see Led Zeppelin and they decide that this is the 4th show in 5 nights so Jimmy Page and Robert Plant are going to skip this show. No refunds, the rest of the band will perform and you'll just have to deal with it.

Thats a terrible analogy, because in basketall, you have a bench that is part of the team that can go in and play. For a band, you really dont. Sure they change members every now and again, but there is no back ups really.

DaKCMan AP 11-29-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9163122)
It is a business. You could just as easily argue the Spurs are playing 4 games in 5 nights and the coach thinks it's bad for the long term business of his franchise, which is winning games. I don't know if I agree with that, and I'm sure Popovich is snubbing his nose at the scheduling a bit... but fining them for what they did tonight is completely outrageous.

It's the entertainment business. It's different. Ticket packages are sold months in advance with the promo of "come see Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and the Spurs battle the Heat" and none of those three are even in the building. It's false advertising and charging premium price while delivering an inferior product.

-King- 11-29-2012 09:34 PM

Ray Allen.

Spurs will get the last shot...

tk13 11-29-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9163131)
It's the entertainment business. It's different. Ticket packages are sold months in advance with the promo of "come see Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and the Spurs battle the Heat" and none of those three are even in the building. It's false advertising and charging premium price while delivering an inferior product.

Nobody from the Spurs made the Heat advertise their product in that manner. I think that is insane to even argue this point. No way should a team alter their plans to appease the marketing department of another team. That's crazy.

KC native 11-29-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9163131)

ROFL @ parroting Chris Webber

DaKCMan AP 11-29-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9163154)
ROFL @ parroting Chris Webber

What did Chris Webber say?

KC native 11-29-2012 09:40 PM

and ROFL @ the heat as well. Minimal substitutions for our bench guys and they take the heat down to the wire.

KC native 11-29-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9163156)
What did Chris Webber say?

Exactly what you just said. Almost word for word in the pregame

DaKCMan AP 11-29-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9163162)
Exactly what you just said. Almost word for word.

Then he's a smart dude.

RealSNR 11-29-2012 09:41 PM

Sure. It's a business. Popovich has the right to set the lineup as he sees fit.

And so does TNT. They can simply say, "**** you, Spurs. We're not televising your regular season shit anymore."

Because that's a business, too, and they have to make money just as much as the Spurs have to win in the playoffs.

-King- 11-29-2012 09:41 PM

Mill took 3 straight terrible 3s.

But without stars, you likely won't close out a lot of close games.

AdumbGuy 11-29-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9163129)
Thats a terrible analogy, because in basketall, you have a bench that is part of the team that can go in and play. For a band, you really dont. Sure they change members every now and again, but there is no back ups really.

It's a perfect analogy. You watch the heat to watch lebron, you don't go to watch them to see Norris cole. Lebron, right now, just took over the game. I'd like to have seen parker or ginobli counter, but am treated to Patty Mills.

tk13 11-29-2012 09:45 PM

The funny thing is this was probably better for "business" than anything else they could've done. There's an NFL game going on tonight between two good teams and now everyone's talking about the NBA.