ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars: Rebels (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273208)

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-16-2016 11:34 AM

It would be a cool tie-in, but I believe Ezra's destiny will be short-lived.

Bowser 07-16-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12318271)
It sure seems to make a helluva lot of sense.

It would be awesome if he was the founder of the Knights of Ren.

It would be. Who knows what's in that Sith Holocron, and who knows how Maul is going to manipulate him through it?

You know what else would be awesome? Ezra and Maul vs. Luke and Rey (it'll never happen, but dreams are cool :D And really, I'd settle for Ezra vs. Luke ).

DaneMcCloud 07-16-2016 12:10 PM

http://i1.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/...ze=1170%2C1706

DaneMcCloud 07-16-2016 12:16 PM

http://i0.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/...-64.jpeg?w=744

Bowser 07-16-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12318278)
It would be a cool tie-in, but I believe Ezra's destiny will be short-lived.

Expound upon this, please

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12318320)

Awesome. Will be purchasing.

DaneMcCloud 07-16-2016 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12318364)
Expound upon this, please

If any Rebels character meets his fate anytime soon, it'll be Kanan Jarrus.

They need Ezra for kids that watch Disney XD. They're not going to start over with a new kid.

Anyong Bluth 07-16-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12318374)
If any Rebels character meets his fate anytime soon, it'll be Kanan Jarrus.

They need Ezra for kids that watch Disney XD. They're not going to start over with a new kid.

Isn't the setup to do 5 - 7 seasons, and then jump to a new time period ?

Just like AotC and Rebels.

DaneMcCloud 07-16-2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12318408)
Isn't the setup to do 5 - 7 seasons, and then jump to a new time period ?

Just like AotC and Rebels.

There were rumors that it would only last 4 seasons because after Rogue One is released, there's not going to be much of a story to tell, but I don't know if that's locked in or not.

I haven't heard anything about a subsequent series. My best guess would be something after ROTJ and before TFA, although they're filling that in pretty well with the books.

mnchiefsguy 07-16-2016 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12318320)

The original Thrawn Trilogy is not canon, right? I have always liked the Thrawn character, so it will good to see him officially canonized into the Star Wars Universe. Looking forward to season 3.

DaneMcCloud 07-16-2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 12318542)
The original Thrawn Trilogy is not canon, right? I have always liked the Thrawn character, so it will good to see him officially canonized into the Star Wars Universe. Looking forward to season 3.

Nothing published before Disney's purchase of Lucasfilm is canon. But now that he's in Rebels and there's a new book coming out next year, the character is canon.

But that said, Dave Filoni said that certain things about the character (the Ysalamiri, for example) don't line up with the true Star Wars universe so there will be subtle changes.

For example, in the first shot, Filoni put the Ysalamiri type lizards on the wall as a homage but they don't create "Force Bubbles". But clearly, the most important aspects of the character remain. "Knowing one's enemy", i.e. art, history, culture and tactical genius were shown in the short clip, which is exciting, IMO.

mnchiefsguy 07-16-2016 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12318551)
Nothing published before Disney's purchase of Lucasfilm is canon. But now that he's in Rebels and there's a new book coming out next year, the character is canon.

But that said, Dave Filoni said that certain things about the character (the Ysalamiri, for example) don't line up with the true Star Wars universe so there will be subtle changes.

For example, in the first shot, Filoni put the Ysalamiri type lizards on the wall as a homage but they don't create "Force Bubbles". But clearly, the most important aspects of the character remain. "Knowing one's enemy", i.e. art, history, culture and tactical genius were shown in the short clip, which is exciting, IMO.

That was what I thought but I wanted to be sure. The Thrawn trilogy was good at the time, but I am not sure it has aged well over the years. I never was a big fan of the Ysalamiri, so they can go as far as I am concerned.

SAUTO 07-17-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12318280)
It would be. Who knows what's in that Sith Holocron, and who knows how Maul is going to manipulate him through it?

You know what else would be awesome? Ezra and Maul vs. Luke and Rey (it'll never happen, but dreams are cool :D And really, I'd settle for Ezra vs. Luke ).

del toro kills luke in 8

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-17-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12319395)
del toro kills luke in 8

b00m!

Bowser 07-17-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12319395)
del toro kills luke in 8

SPOILER THAT ****ING SHIT /BRC

Bowser 07-17-2016 11:30 AM

Yes, I get the feeling Luke is done for in VIII. Revisiting the old master passing it off to the young warrior theme. Will he be Rey's force ghost mentor?