ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The OFFICIAL 2013 Mizzou Tigers Basketball Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268694)

ImAWalkingCorpse 01-30-2013 10:07 PM

Terez A. Paylor ‏@TerezPaylor

Haith: "We’re not a great listening team right now...guys tend to do their own thing when the games get tight or when there’s adversity."

Terez A. Paylor ‏@TerezPaylor

More Haith: “It’s all about trust. You’re taking quick shots, you’re not executing what we want you to execute...just run the offense."

Think Haith is singling out Pressey?

DMAC 01-30-2013 10:42 PM

That's Haith (maybe unknowingly) throwing himself under the bus.

Pepe Silvia 01-31-2013 12:15 AM

I'm convinced that this school will never win anything especially now with the SEC move. Face it Mizzou just has bad mojo. No matter how good they're doing, no matter who the players are, no matter who the coach is one thing remains, they always fail in the end. Iowa State and K-State have a better history for crying out loud. facepalm

CoMoChief 01-31-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9366734)
I'm convinced that this school will never win anything especially now with the SEC move. Face it Mizzou just has bad mojo. No matter how good they're doing, no matter who the players are, no matter who the coach is one thing remains, they always fail in the end. Iowa State and K-State have a better history for crying out loud. facepalm

:clap:

At least someone finally sees it.

CoMoChief 01-31-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9366207)
How is Missouri ranked...?

That's the million dollar question...

Pasta Little Brioni 01-31-2013 06:32 AM

Trollmo2724

duncan_idaho 01-31-2013 09:22 AM

I have no words to describe last night. I spent about 40 minutes of the game on hold with Time Warner trying to figure out why my internet was down... again.

Turns out the modem is jacked (again) and those bastards are going to have to set up my FIFTH modem (in four years of service). They initially tried to tell me they couldn't get anyone out until next Tuesday.

So, yeah, just a thrilling night all the way around.

Pressey is a double-edged sword. This team needs him to play great to win, because of the lack of depth at PG. But he also has a tendency to choke in key spots (the at-his-ankles bounce pass/turnover and ensuing 4-point playing being a great example). He also is an atrocious and uninterested defender.

I think they missed the energy and defense Bell has been bringing of late, as well as his ability to get his own shot. At some point, this team will play another game with everyone healthy, right?

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-31-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9367143)
I have no words to describe last night. I spent about 40 minutes of the game on hold with Time Warner trying to figure out why my internet was down... again.

Turns out the modem is jacked (again) and those bastards are going to have to set up my FIFTH modem (in four years of service). They initially tried to tell me they couldn't get anyone out until next Tuesday.

So, yeah, just a thrilling night all the way around.

Pressey is a double-edged sword. This team needs him to play great to win, because of the lack of depth at PG. But he also has a tendency to choke in key spots (the at-his-ankles bounce pass/turnover and ensuing 4-point playing being a great example). He also is an atrocious and uninterested defender.

I think they missed the energy and defense Bell has been bringing of late, as well as his ability to get his own shot. At some point, this team will play another game with everyone healthy, right?

Maybe, but I doubt it will matter. The whole team is lackadaisical. They make Quin's teams seem like a pack of wild dogs fighting over the mailman's ass.

Aside from the Illinois and UCLA games, I haven't seen this team put two interested halves of basketball together.

It's a really easy team to hate. They play like a bunch of douchebags trying to pull ass at a Gus Macker tournament.

DMAC 01-31-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9366734)

It's not bad mojo.

They just have not had elite coaching. Got to have elite coaching at that level to win consistently.

They put emphasis on recruiting. They get talent. But then it's just streetball.

duncan_idaho 01-31-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9367156)
Maybe, but I doubt it will matter. The whole team is lackadaisical. They make Quin's teams seem like a pack of wild dogs fighting over the mailman's ass.

Aside from the Illinois and UCLA games, I haven't seen this team put two interested halves of basketball together.

It's a really easy team to hate. They play like a bunch of douchebags trying to pull ass at a Gus Macker tournament.

Oh, you're right. It probably won't matter. I won't say the whole team is lackadaisical, though. Bowers, Criswell, Rosburg and Ross at least seem to play hard the whole time, and I think Brown does, too.

Pressey is definitely lackadaisical. Oriakhi can't handle getting a ticky-tack foul called on him on the road without losing his sh*t.

Those guys are the two biggest advantages Missouri has, when they are playing well. And they haven't been doing that on the road.

gblowfish 01-31-2013 10:50 AM

What a bunch of choking, losing, road pussies.

That is all.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-31-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9367197)
Oh, you're right. It probably won't matter. I won't say the whole team is lackadaisical, though. Bowers, Criswell, Rosburg and Ross at least seem to play hard the whole time, and I think Brown does, too.

Pressey is definitely lackadaisical. Oriakhi can't handle getting a ticky-tack foul called on him on the road without losing his sh*t.

Those guys are the two biggest advantages Missouri has, when they are playing well. And they haven't been doing that on the road.

Perhaps I should have added "and/or unfocused" because that would help fully encapsulate this team and its penchant for running a seven-seconds-or-less college offense, never fighting over the top of screens, forgetting to help, switching late, and over-rotating.

Pepe Silvia 01-31-2013 08:18 PM

Its pretty telling that Miami is doing so well now that Haith is gone. lol

stonedstooge 02-02-2013 12:45 PM

See if they can play together today. They usually do at home

stonedstooge 02-02-2013 01:10 PM

Mizzou up 18-15 at the 10 minute mark