ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2014-2015 NBA regular season thread. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284493)

RustShack 07-06-2014 10:59 PM

LeBron has already said he doesn't need to have a sit down with Riley, he just needs him to upgrade the roster.

Kevin Love has also said he would only sign an extension(if traded to Cleveland) if LeBron was there.

tk13 07-06-2014 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 10733831)
The only difference is Cleavland has had several encounters with almost winning championships and generally more competitive during the KC drought.

That's true... but all the losses that were so epic they got one word descriptions all happened against Cleveland. The drive, the fumble, the shot... only one play in the history of sports will get those terms, and they all happened against Cleveland. That's amazing.

And that doesn't even include that they were one out from winning a World Series and blew it. I don't know how anyone in Cleveland still watches sports.

BWillie 07-06-2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10733837)
LeBron has already said he doesn't need to have a sit down with Riley, he just needs him to upgrade the roster.

Kevin Love has also said he would only sign an extension(if traded to Cleveland) if LeBron was there.

Im not sure if I believe the Kevin Love stuff. If Love hates Minneapolis (which is a beautiful city BTW), whats he gonna think of Cleveland?

BUT, if it is true, I dont see why Cleveland would keep Wiggins. I love Wiggins, but Id trade his ass in a heartbeat if it meant getting LBJ and Love. Can a trade with Waiters and Wiggins to Minnesota even happen to make salaries work? Kyrie is still in his rookie contract but would likely need a big contract in a couple years, so dont know if they would even have enough money. Maybe some NBA salary cap guys could help us out

-King- 07-06-2014 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10733858)
Im not sure if I believe the Kevin Love stuff. If Love hates Minneapolis (which is a beautiful city BTW), whats he gonna think of Cleveland?

It's not like he's leaving Minneapolis because he doesn't like the city.

L.A. Chieffan 07-06-2014 11:36 PM

Reportedly Love, Melo, and Kobe all played in a pick up game together today in L.A..

Rumor has it Love's high school coach said he's coming to L.A.with Melo

RobBlake 07-07-2014 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10733877)
Reportedly Love, Melo, and Kobe all played in a pick up game together today in L.A..

Rumor has it Love's high school coach said he's coming to L.A.with Melo

as a laker fan i just don't see love coming this year unless a sign and trade is done

chiefzilla1501 07-07-2014 06:50 AM

Quote:

BUT, if it is true, I dont see why Cleveland would keep Wiggins. I love Wiggins, but Id trade his ass in a heartbeat if it meant getting LBJ and Love. Can a trade with Waiters and Wiggins to Minnesota even happen to make salaries work? Kyrie is still in his rookie contract but would likely need a big contract in a couple years, so dont know if they would even have enough money. Maybe some NBA salary cap guys could help us out

Cavs will have 13m in cap space after they get rid of Deng, hawes, miles. Almost certainly these will be soon and trades which gives the cavs probably more picks and players who can be easily slashed. The cavs will dump Jarrett jack and may even give up a pick to do so. That gives the cavs about 20 mil.

From there, they have a few guys like Varejao, waiters, and Thompson who would undoubtedly be unloaded if they needed room for one player and they're each good for about 6 m in space. Cavs also traded for Brendan haywood so next year, even if the cavs are above the cap, they can cut Hayward and free up 10 mil. Cavs have tremendous cap flexibility to make a move for LeBron and still add to an already pretty talented roster.

tk13 07-07-2014 08:22 AM

Wojnarowski is reporting that LeBron's agent is pushing to get him to go to Cleveland. He's trying to get the Cavs to clear max space. Doesn't say if LeBron actually wants to go there though. Apparently LeBron hasn't been part of the Heat's FA recruiting process at all, which worries some with the Heat.

chiefzilla1501 07-07-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 10734030)
Wojnarowski is reporting that LeBron's agent is pushing to get him to go to Cleveland. He's trying to get the Cavs to clear max space. Doesn't say if LeBron actually wants to go there though. Apparently LeBron hasn't been part of the Heat's FA recruiting process at all, which worries some with the Heat.

Jarrett jack looks like he will be moved and the nets will unload Thornton to another team. So it's probably a matter of minutes or hours before we hear official word that the cavs have max cap space.

CaliforniaChief 07-07-2014 08:49 AM

If LeBron isn't serious about Cleveland, he would be wise to let them know now, before people get emotionally into it again, or else LeBron risks the kind of fallout he had the first time.

tk13 07-07-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 10734057)
If LeBron isn't serious about Cleveland, he would be wise to let them know now, before people get emotionally into it again, or else LeBron risks the kind of fallout he had the first time.

I think that ship has already sailed.

KC native 07-07-2014 09:27 AM

I hope LeBron leaves Miami. Shit would be great for trolling.

chiefzilla1501 07-07-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 10734057)

This is why I don't buy people saying there is no chance he goes back to Cleveland. I think LeBron and his agent are smart enough to know the emotional hurt on Cleveland if he is just trying around. I believe Cleveland are legit contenders because if LeBron had minimal interest, he would not string Cleveland fans along like this.

dirk digler 07-07-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10734105)
This is why I don't buy people saying there is no chance he goes back to Cleveland. I think LeBron and his agent are smart enough to know the emotional hurt on Cleveland if he is just trying around. I believe Cleveland are legit contenders because if LeBron had minimal interest, he would not string Cleveland fans along like this.

I don't think he is stringing Cavs fans along I think the media is. Don't blame Lebron or his agent they haven't said shit

KCCHIEFS27 07-07-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Kyrie is still in his rookie contract but would likely need a big contract in a couple years, so dont know if they would even have enough money. Maybe some NBA salary cap guys could help us out

Kyrie and the Cavs already agreed to an extension, 5 years 90 million. To be signed July 10th.