ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Report: Orlando Brown requests trade from Ravens, wants to play LT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=337032)

htismaqe 04-15-2021 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15629395)
My gut feeling and all the draft analytics and FA history indicates Walker Little or someone similar in the Eric Fisher/Mitch Schwartz mold will be the #31 selection if they go for a LT

Who do you think that is outside of Little? I mean, I see some similarities between Fisher and Spencer Brown in terms of college experience and some measurables.

BigRedChief 04-15-2021 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15629375)
Not sure I'd trade next year's first AND this year's for O Brown but I'd definitely trade this year's for him if we're going to take a tackle anyway.

He's decent, he's young, and we know he can play in the NFL. He's basically Eichenberg or Jenkins without the "can he play in the NFL" question mark.

I would definitely trade 31 for him.

Now if they want two firsts, then that's a no for me.

Same. They throw in a 4th or something next year too. Make the deal. But, draft picks are a key way to keep talent around Mahomes as our core group ages and contract hits go up. We cant just willy nilly throw them away for a chance at a SB this year. As long as Mahomes is upright, we will have a chance at a SB.

htismaqe 04-15-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15629415)
Same. They throw in a 4th or something next year too. Make the deal. But, draft picks are a key way to keep talent around Mahomes as our core group ages and contract hits go up. We cant just willy nilly throw them away for a chance at a SB this year. As long as Mahomes is upright, we will have a chance at a SB.

To be fair, Orlando Brown Jr. is only 24 years old. He's actually 8 months YOUNGER than Patrick Mahomes himself.

ToxSocks 04-15-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15629255)
Yea I expect Jenkins to be a Bear, Colt, or Steeler barring a trade up.

Yeah that sounds right. I think he's gonna be a Steeler.

ToxSocks 04-15-2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15629375)
Not sure I'd trade next year's first AND this year's for O Brown but I'd definitely trade this year's for him if we're going to take a tackle anyway.

He's decent, he's young, and we know he can play in the NFL. He's basically Eichenberg or Jenkins without the "can he play in the NFL" question mark.

I would definitely trade 31 for him.

Now if they want two firsts, then that's a no for me.

mmmhmmmm

This year's first and next year's 2nd. Some shit like that.

htismaqe 04-15-2021 03:50 PM

Or to look at it a different way, Orlando Brown Jr. is 1 year and 10 months older than Teven Jenkins and has started FORTY TWO NFL games.

His age + his experience can't be understated. He's really young for having started almost 2.5 NFL seasons.

Tribal Warfare 04-15-2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15629401)
Who do you think that is outside of Little? I mean, I see some similarities between Fisher and Spencer Brown in terms of college experience and some measurables.

Spencer Brown is like Jared Veldheer measurable guy who's a boom or bust prospect.

Concerning preferred style and connection to Reid it would be Brady Christensen in the later rounds but he doesn't hit 33.5 arm length threshold like Schwartz

Sassy Squatch 04-15-2021 03:56 PM

Orlando Brown would also require a massive extension before any trade is finalized. Need to factor that in.

htismaqe 04-15-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15629455)
Orlando Brown would also require a massive extension before any trade is finalized. Need to factor that in.

This is true.

That's the trade-off for his experience.

With a rookie, you're getting all of the question marks that come with it. You're also getting 4 years of a rookie contract (or 5 if he's a first rounder).

Personally, if I'm going to trade away first round picks, I'm going the Brown route.

If I want a rookie, I'm going to sit tight at 31 and see how the draft works out, with an eye towards a LT at 63.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-15-2021 04:00 PM

I’m still thinking we re sign Schwartz. He’s even said the plan is to never leave KC. KC is his forever home. If he’s healthy enough I’d re sign him

htismaqe 04-15-2021 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15629467)
I’m still thinking we re sign Schwartz. He’s even said the plan is to never leave KC. KC is his forever home. If he’s healthy enough I’d re sign him

So then we have 4 guys that can play RT at least part time (Niang, Remmers, Long, and Schwartz) and still no left tackle.

I don't see how bringing Schwartz back helps anything now that they've brought back Remmers and signed Long.

big nasty kcnut 04-15-2021 04:03 PM

I trade our second rounder for this year and next year for him.

Sassy Squatch 04-15-2021 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 15629477)

Not enough if the Ravens are already looking at 1st + player/pick.

Chris Meck 04-15-2021 04:10 PM

I think we're all forgetting that there's no way in hell the Ravens are going to trade Brown to KC anyway.

We're literally the team they hate most in the world.

htismaqe 04-15-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 15629477)

They're on record as wanting a top 40 pick. Our 2nd rounder is a non-starter.