ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Saul Good 02-18-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8381092)
When Seth Davis says the 4th God damn school to leave the conference in a year almost broke the conference it screams "I have an axe to grind with Mizzou." What is it with national guys like him and Gottlieb hating on Mizzou for no reason? Don't get me wrong, my feelings aren't hurt, but why do they give so many shits about Mizzou? Why are we so on their radar? Like we single handedly started all this conference realignment shit or something.

He's right other than it being bad for Mizzou.

mnchiefsguy 02-18-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8381095)
He's right other than it being bad for Mizzou.

I do not think Mizzou's leaving ever really put the Big XII in any danger. As long as Texas and OU want the Big XII, it will exist. The problem for the XII is that Texas and OU change their mind more often than a woman shopping in Bloomingdales.

mnchiefsguy 02-18-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8381092)
When Seth Davis says the 4th God damn school to leave the conference in a year almost broke the conference it screams "I have an axe to grind with Mizzou." What is it with national guys like him and Gottlieb hating on Mizzou for no reason? Don't get me wrong, my feelings aren't hurt, but why do they give so many shits about Mizzou? Why are we so on their radar? Like we single handedly started all this conference realignment shit or something.

Seth Davis seems to be the only major pundit KU fans can find that back their position...this is the only article Wickedson and company ever cite.

Saul Good 02-18-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8381115)
I do not think Mizzou's leaving ever really put the Big XII in any danger. As long as Texas and OU want the Big XII, it will exist. The problem for the XII is that Texas and OU change their mind more often than a woman shopping in Bloomingdales.

When Mizzou left, so did the last two major media markets outside of Texas.

The biggest now are OKC, Des Moines, and half of KC. Texas will bolt as soon as the Longhorn Network is pronounced dead.

Spott 02-18-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8381116)
Seth Davis seems to be the only major pundit KU fans can find that back their position...this is the only article Wickedson and company ever cite.

I can't believe she even quotes that article. She has reminded everyone on this board over and over that they have an elite football program with a huge national following.

mnchiefsguy 02-18-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8381128)
When Mizzou left, so did the last two major media markets outside of Texas.

The biggest now are OKC, Des Moines, and half of KC. Texas will bolt as soon as the Longhorn Network is pronounced dead.

I don't disagree with that. However, Texas is going to bolt regardless of what Mizzou was going to do, so you cannot blame Mizzou for the potential downfall of the conference.

WilliamTheIrish 02-18-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF Knight (Post 8378698)
Actually, every KU fan I work with are disappointed they don't get to play MU anymore. One of your new "rivals" is about to get bombed back into oblivion because of drug sales on their campus. West Virginia has had a pretty good football program over the years but they are in the Big 12 to play Texas and Oklahoma. Basketball is an afterthought to them.

Basketball is an afterthought to WVU?

Saul Good 02-18-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8381139)
I don't disagree with that. However, Texas is going to bolt regardless of what Mizzou was going to do, so you cannot blame Mizzou for the potential downfall of the conference.

I don't "blame" Mizzou. Mizzou took a better deal in a better conference. Texas simply isn't going to subsidize the rest of the schools forever.

Saul Good 02-18-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 8381148)
Basketball is an afterthought to WVU?

Texas and Oklahoma

Braincase 02-18-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8381154)
I don't "blame" Mizzou. Mizzou took a better deal in a better conference. Texas simply isn't going to subsidize the rest of the schools forever.

KU's AD told Mizzou's AD and President that if Mizzou leaves the conference, the series is over. He wasn't bluffing. Mizzou made their choice. What part of that don't you understand?

Saul Good 02-18-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8381317)
KU's AD told Mizzou's AD and President that if Mizzou leaves the conference, the series is over. He wasn't bluffing. Mizzou made their choice. What part of that don't you understand?

What did my post have to do with playing Kansas?

Braincase 02-18-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8381334)

You're right. I was mistaken about the context.

Spott 02-18-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8381334)

Absolutely nothing.

Saul Good 02-18-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8381346)
You're right. I was mistaken about the context.

Yay, I win!

Braincase 02-18-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8381350)
Yay, I win!

I'll admit when I'm wrong. I'm not that much of an asshole.