ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Brett Veach prioritizing re-signing Chris Jones, L'Jarius Sneed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352215)

JohnnyHammersticks 02-13-2024 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17399871)
This is exactly the sort of thing I'd have been adamantly opposed to had we NOT won this year and completely in support of because we have.

It's a chance at a 3-peat, fellas. Oh it makes 2025 a real shit-show. At worst it will make 2026 a problem. But this is a chance that, what, a half dozen teams in NFL history have had?

It is against every fiber of my being but I really think it's how we should approach it.

This is exactly where I am. And like you, I wasn't onboard with something like this until it hit me after the game just how incredible doing something that's never been done in the modern era would be. How could we not be called the greatest team ever? Literally a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the franchise, for Clark, for the players, and for the coaches/management. You've got to go for it.

All freaking in, baby. All. Freaking. In.

DJ's left nut 02-13-2024 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 17400193)
Hall of Fame monitor seems pretty flawed in my view. Mahomes was listed at 93 at the end of the regular season. They only increased it to 95 after leading the team on a legendary run to win a 3rd championship. He is still listed below the stat padding chokers Matt Ryan and Phil Rivers. The list does not pass the smell test.

Yeah, it seems to put way more into duration than peak.

And I think the inclusion of some pretty iffy candidates {cough}TerrellDavis{coughcough} suggests that in NFL HoF circles, that's the wrong way to go about it.

Peak carries a TON of weight to the HoF selection committee. And Jones has a pretty damn unassailable peak, especially in the context of team success.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02-13-2024 03:03 PM

You sign jones and don’t even think twice about it, he won us that Super Bowl. Against the bills he knocked Dawkins into Allen which made the pass fall short of shakir for a would be touchdown. Then in Super Bowl he made 2 game saving plays. Dude is arguably the second best player on the team behind kelce

DRM08 02-13-2024 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17400198)

And I think the inclusion of some pretty iffy candidates {cough}TerrellDavis{coughcough} suggests that in NFL HoF circles, that's the wrong way to go about it.

Peak carries a TON of weight to the HoF selection committee. And Jones has a pretty damn unassailable peak, especially in the context of team success.

Way too much emphasis on empty regular season stats. Tom Brady is barely ahead of Peyton Manning, which is just not accurate IMHO.

O.city 02-13-2024 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 17400183)
Winning a Super Bowl takes a lot of luck. Especially in the injury department.

We are already a dynasty. We are going to be remembered. I would take Mahomes winning 8 Super Bowls over a 3 peat.

It does take luck.

But I'm already sitting on 5/6 vs a 6. I already know, prior to the season, I'm gonna be in the mix with Andy and Pat and Trav. I know I'm doubling down, before I even see the cards.

I'm counting cards here, there's a **** load of kings and aces left and I'm flush with cash.

kccrow 02-13-2024 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 17399873)
Ok name the guys. I'll wait. Junior Seau shot himself in the chest. Outside of him name the guys that killed themselves, compared to how many guys that have played in the league and what that percentage is. Especially just compared to the general population.

Seoncd, you don't know my sample size. Last year I spent a whole weekend working with over 60 players out in Texas. You don't know shit about me dickhead. You're some blowhard that literally knows nothing about this.

Furthermore, you missed my point. I don't care what the players get. If they want to chase the money that's fine. But the idiotic comments about how they have to get tens of millions now to setup generational wealth or somehow their grandchildren will live in poverty is some shit that poster children for mental poverty would say.

And anyone saying 5 million isn't enough to finish your life on doesn't know shit about money. Period. And I clear 2 million a year.

You don't come off as someone who clears $200,000 a year, much less $2,000,000. So, excuse me if I have reservations about your financial acumen here for a moment.

For argument's sake, let's say I believe that you clear $2m a year. If you've been doing your job for 2.5 years now at this clip, why haven't you retired? You should be set for life.

Not only that, are you trying to make more money now than you have before? What incentive do you have to do that?

T-post Tom 02-13-2024 03:07 PM

I love me some 95.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Emotions running high for Chris Jones <a href="https://t.co/jU0FSt4Lup">pic.twitter.com/jU0FSt4Lup</a></p>&mdash; NFL on CBS 🏈 (@NFLonCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1756823064090693713?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 11, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

O.city 02-13-2024 03:08 PM

It is funny how narratives go.

"Chris Jones doesn't show up in the playoffs". I mean, that's been put to bed for a while now, but shit.....dude has just dominated two playoff runs.

TheGuardian 02-13-2024 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17400205)
You don't come off as someone who clears $200,000 a year, much less $2,000,000. So, excuse me if I have reservations about your financial acumen here for a moment.

For argument's sake, let's say I believe that you clear $2m a year. If you've been doing your job for 2.5 years now at this clip, why haven't you retired? You should be set for life.

Not only that, are you trying to make more money now than you have before? What incentive do you have to do that?

I don't care how I come across on a message board where we all fan up on a team. I have friends who clear 8 figures a year on their businesses, so I am actually in the "small fry" club in that regard.

I haven't retired because I love what I do. Most likely I will open another business this year as well.

I can retire today and be set. Yes.

ChiTown 02-13-2024 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17400209)
It is funny how narratives go.

"Chris Jones doesn't show up in the playoffs". I mean, that's been put to bed for a while now, but shit.....dude has just dominated two playoff runs.

He bats or deflets more passes in the Playoffs than most DT's/DE's do in a season. He's a MF Beast!

Nirvana58 02-13-2024 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17400204)
It does take luck.

But I'm already sitting on 5/6 vs a 6. I already know, prior to the season, I'm gonna be in the mix with Andy and Pat and Trav. I know I'm doubling down, before I even see the cards.

I'm counting cards here, there's a **** load of kings and aces left and I'm flush with cash.

I hear you. I wouldn't be mad either direction they go.

The way I look at it. We go all in next year and drop our odds of winning the next 2 years after that.

Or basically be Super Bowl favorites the next 3 years.

O.city 02-13-2024 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 17400213)
I hear you. I wouldn't be mad either direction they go.

The way I look at it. We go all in next year and drop our odds of winning the next 2 years after that.

Or basically be Super Bowl favorites the next 3 years.

It's a bounce of an oblong ball, so yeah, the smart thing to do is play the odds and give yourself the best chance as many times as you can.

But with back to back in your pocket....I'm a fan of doing shit never been done before.

T-post Tom 02-13-2024 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 17400210)
I don't care how I come across on a message board where we all fan up on a team. I have friends who clear 8 figures a year on their businesses, so I am actually in the "small fry" club in that regard.

I haven't retired because I love what I do. Most likely I will open another business this year as well.

Congrats & good on you. Must be nice. :thumb: (I'm the grasshopper that wasted away his summer.)

TheGuardian 02-13-2024 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 17400226)
Congrats & good on you. Must be nice. :thumb: (I'm the grasshopper that wasted away his summer.)

Thank you. I spent 15 years as an engineer living the movie Office Space as my real life so I have empathy for people who have to work that way.

I live well below my means outside of my cars. :D

kccrow 02-13-2024 03:17 PM

Quote:

Am I clear that you love what you do and you want more from doing what you love?

Yet it's not okay for an NFL player to have the same attitude?

Chris Jones can't love what he does, love where he plays, but also want more money from it? Why? You'd be the classic definition of a hypocrite.

TheGuardian 02-13-2024 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17400235)
Am I clear that you love what you do and you want more from doing what you love?

Yet it's not okay for an NFL player to have the same attitude?

Chris Jones can't love what he does, love where he plays, but also want more money from it? Why? You'd be the classic definition of a hypocrite.

I get that you're not that bright and words are hard. But those are strawman arguments I never made.

I'll copy and paste my previous comment........

Quote:

I am all for players getting their money, but the idea that it's their one big payout is ridiculous. Once a guy gets into the NFL he has every opportunity to do something with that to capitalize on it either during his time as an active player, or post career.
Chris Jones has already made tens of millions. As long as he's not stupid, he's set for life.

If he wants 32 million a year over 28 million that's fine. If he wants to win more championships then he may have to choose slightly less money that truly won't effect the quality of his life in any way.

In58men 02-13-2024 03:24 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...cff7981b4d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

O.city 02-13-2024 03:26 PM

The Cowboys are in no way signing him.

Maybe the Raiders or Falcons.

DRM08 02-13-2024 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17400198)

Check out this comment from Reddit. If true, the system is pretty broken. How the hell does a Pro Bowl get more credit than Super Bowl MVP? The Pro Bowl is a joke.

“Super Bowl rings have a very small amount of weight. They are 2.5 points for a QB, whereas regular season MVP is 12.5 points. 5 SBs = 1 MVP?
Super Bowl MVPs aren’t worth anything at all, unlike…Pro Bowls.”

The guys who came up with this system claim that they intend to show the strength of a player’s Hall of Fame chances. Absolutely nobody would say Matt Ryan and Phil Rivers have a stronger case than Mahomes for the Hall of Fame. Patrick is First Ballot if he quits playing today. Those other 2 guys will be lucky to sneak in at all.

Rasputin 02-13-2024 03:26 PM

Gotta keep Sneed tagg him if we have too.

I think we sign them both, I hope.

T-post Tom 02-13-2024 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 17400254)

:thumb:

I hope the same. A little worried because Sneed was a 4th rounder and coming off that original contract. If I had to guess, he's going to be looking for the BIG BIG BIG $$. Some team will overpay. Tag may be the only option. I still trust in BV, so we'll see. :grovel:

kccrow 02-13-2024 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 17400243)
I get that you're not that bright and words are hard. But those are strawman arguments I never made.

Chris Jones has already made tens of millions. As long as he's not stupid, he's set for life.

If he wants 32 million a year over 28 million that's fine. If he wants to win more championships then he may have to choose slightly less money that truly won't effect the quality of his life in any way.

I can guarantee two things in this life: 1) My IQ is approximately 60 points higher than yours and 2) You don't clear 2 million per year and won't clear that total in your lifetime.

After that, your delusions are yours alone.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02-13-2024 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 17400276)
:thumb:

I hope the same. A little worried because Sneed was a 4th rounder and coming off that original contract. If I had to guess, he's going to be looking for the BIG BIG BIG $$. Some team will overpay. Tag may be the only option. I still trust in BV, so we'll see. :grovel:

We can easily sign both however this would take us out of signing a like a Mike Evans or Calvin Ridley receiver

ChiTown 02-13-2024 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17400281)
I can guarantee two things in this life: 1) My IQ is approximately 60 points higher than yours and 2) You don't clear 2 million per year and won't clear that total in your lifetime.

2 Things:

1. My IQ is probably tinkering on something that puts me in the lower half of most life forms

2. Discussing money on a message board is worthless. There's no way to tell what somebody makes or is worth via a dialogue in these threads.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a private jet to catch to Zurich...

TheGuardian 02-13-2024 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17400281)

Whatever helps you sleep better at night, cupcake. :o)

TheGuardian 02-13-2024 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 17400303)
2 Things:

1. My IQ is probably tinkering on something that puts me on the lower half of most life forms

2. Discussing money on a message board is worthless. There's no way to tell what somebody makes or is worth via a dialogue in these threads.

Anytime someone needs to brag to me about their perceived IQ I already know that person is not that intelligent. I work with some of the smartest people in one of the most difficult fields to be smart in, and none of them tell me how smart they are.

kccrow 02-13-2024 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 17400307)
Anytime someone needs to brag to me about their perceived IQ I already know that person is not that intelligent. I work with some of the smartest people in one of the most difficult fields to be smart in, and none of them tell me how smart they are.

Working at Dunkin' Donuts for a living doesn't classify you as intelligent. Serving NFL players coffee in the morning makes you an expert at absolutely nothing. Enjoy opening your next store on your dad's dime kid.

ChiTown 02-13-2024 03:57 PM

Quote:

I'll tell you exactly how smart I am. I'm smart enough to surround myself with smart people to protect me from my dumb decisions. Left to my own devices, I would have imploded by now.

kccrow 02-13-2024 04:01 PM

Quote:

2 Things:

1. My IQ is probably tinkering on something that puts me in the lower half of most life forms

Hahaha. I know from interaction with you for some time that 1 is false. You're at least on par with most vertebrates with a functioning brain. Gotta give yourself more credit than that.

And you're probably correct on #2, but given this guy doesn't understand basic finance gives me 100% certainty he doesn't own much less run his own company. Meanwhile, I provide financial advice every day to business owners. I think there's enough of a disconnect there to at least know he's full of shit. I don't care what he does or how much he makes, but it isn't 2 million. It's entertaining watching people downright lie about shit. He's probably booking his next trip to Belize right now...

DJ's left nut 02-13-2024 04:03 PM

Quote:

2 Things:

The board had a no-shit (confirmed at one point) Billionaire on it.

Life's weird.

New World Order 02-13-2024 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 17400254)

Well we’re going to find out pretty quick.

FA only a month away

The Franchise 02-13-2024 04:07 PM

Quote:

Anytime someone brags about their money on a message board…it’s probably bullshit.

staylor26 02-13-2024 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17400327)

Life's weird.

Wait, who's the billionaire?

O.city 02-13-2024 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17400341)

I'm pretty humble

ChiTown 02-13-2024 04:14 PM

Quote:

https://topshelfexperts.com/wp-conte...on-dollars.gif

loochy 02-13-2024 04:15 PM

Quote:

OK then mister big shot, post a receipt of your $100 lunch at a strip mall Italian restaurant.

loochy 02-13-2024 04:33 PM

Quote:

Life's weird.

If I was a billionaire, I'd buy CP

TheGuardian 02-13-2024 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17400322)
Hahaha. I know from interaction with you for some time that 1 is false. You're at least on par with most vertebrates with a functioning brain. Gotta give yourself more credit than that.

And you're probably correct on #2, but given this guy doesn't understand basic finance gives me 100% certainty he doesn't own much less run his own company. Meanwhile, I provide financial advice every day to business owners. I think there's enough of a disconnect there to at least know he's full of shit. I don't care what he does or how much he makes, but it isn't 2 million. It's entertaining watching people downright lie about shit. He's probably booking his next trip to Belize right now...

Then get better at your job, dickbag. Kinda like how I lied about Willie Gay and the posted the convo screenshots.

Jealosy is an ugly thing.

As I said, I can retire today. I do what I do because I love it and get a lot of reward from it.

Saying you can tell how much someone makes from how they post in a message board is literally brain rot ****ing stupid.

poolboy 02-13-2024 05:08 PM

what were the Willie screenshots?

DJ's left nut 02-13-2024 05:16 PM

Quote:

The dude that invented Dropbox was a poster here.

Made some post about this idea he'd developed once. 2 years later it was massive and a year after that he sold it (with a partner) for several billion dollars.

No earthly idea what his handle was but it was kinda wild.

ChiTown 02-13-2024 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17400486)

Made some post about this idea he'd developed once. 2 years later it was massive and a year after that he sold it (with a partner) for several billion dollars.

Oh shit. That's Arash Ferdowsi, and I think his handle was Arash IIRC. Wow!

DJ's left nut 02-13-2024 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 17400514)

So put your dicks away, gentlemen.

That guy wins.

DJ's left nut 02-13-2024 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 17400514)

Close but not quite:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan58 (Post 2572911)
Been on it since last summer. =p

I'm Arash Ferdowsi at MIT (though I also have a joke JCCC account), gogo friend me now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan58 (Post 5005520)
it's been a long, long hiatus from the forums for me (I wonder how many of you remember me :P). so here's my story! I ended up leaving MIT my senior year and started a company (called Dropbox) with a couple of my friends from school and moved out to SF. it's basically a super, super simple way to share files across computers/other people. it works on windows, os x, and linux, so you all should give it a shot :)

here's a link to the site - http://getdropbox.com (grrr domain squatters) and here's a link to a digg article about us (which will hopefully make it to the top of digg with some help ;)

http://www.digg.com/software/Dropbox...s_Linux_iPhone

let me know what you all think!

So evidently he was chiefsfan58

Profile says he's been here today! (as any good Chiefs fan would be, of course)

So again, chill out boys. Whatever race you think you're running, this dude's lapped you several times by now.

poolboy 02-13-2024 05:52 PM

Can we get a full season of Chris Jones production cheaper?
I mean, whose out there that might want a ring?

TheGuardian 02-13-2024 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poolboy (Post 17400471)
what were the Willie screenshots?

That it is his twitter, so I asked him about it. He verified it. He follows me on social media.

Bowser 02-13-2024 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17400353)
I'm pretty humble

A billion pesos don't go as far as you think it does

TheGuardian 02-13-2024 06:09 PM

Quote:

I have more than a dozen friends that make more than I do. One guy just owns this shipping company (literally like a poor mans post office) and he does over 5 mil a year. And his buddy does like 15 mil a year doing some shit with magazine advertisements and spent like 450K on boat motors for his shit docked in the lake of the ozarks.

So I don't know why anyone makes a big deal over 2 mil a year.

Bowser 02-13-2024 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 17400248)

Interestingly enough, I feel the Cowboys could potentially make a push for Chris Jones. Jerruh thinks Dak and the offense can be good enough, so he wants a bone wrecking defense. Jones lined up next to Parsons? Haha, sheeeeiiiit.

TheGuardian 02-13-2024 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 17400565)
Interestingly enough, I feel the Cowboys could potentially make a push for Chris Jones. Jerruh thinks Dak and the offense can be good enough, so he wants a bone wrecking defense. Jones lined up next to Parsons? Haha, sheeeeiiiit.

so back to this...........

The talking heads FEEL like we're not gonna get this done.

The fact is, we're not in the SB without Jones. He undoubtedly had his greatest post season ever, and then singlehandedly pounced the Bungles last year.

He def still has 3 more all pro type seasons in him.

And then of course, how do we let Sneed walk? Can't even enjoy the SB for a hot minute because if we're gonna make another run, I feel like we DO need both of these players back.

ThyKingdomCome15 02-13-2024 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 17400565)

I don't like this at all but let's enjoy the parade before we worry about it. These guys are out partying and spending time with family, as they should.

TEX 02-13-2024 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 17400623)
so back to this...........

The talking heads FEEL like we're not gonna get this done.

The fact is, we're not in the SB without Jones. He undoubtedly had his greatest post season ever, and then singlehandedly pounced the Bungles last year.

He def still has 3 more all pro type seasons in him.

And then of course, how do we let Sneed walk? Can't even enjoy the SB for a hot minute because if we're gonna make another run, I feel like we DO need both of these players back.

Enjoy the SB victory! Dont get emotionally invested in the CJ saga. Whatever is going to happen, will happen regardless. That's my strategy this go around. I'm DONE with it.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02-13-2024 08:45 PM

Veach will get Sneed and Jones both signed, you can mark that down right here

Gary Cooper 02-13-2024 09:12 PM

When you draft well, these are the First World problems you have.

They've amassed a defensive roster full of underpaid stars on rookie contracts. You can't keep everyone.

One of the first decisions is whether they're willing to spend on a WR in free agency, or take their chances in the draft of finding a contributor right away. With Rice's play improving throughout the season and playoffs, I'm assuming they do the latter. That will allow them to spend more on Jones/Sneed.

Then there's also LT. Do they draft a LT or take a gamble with a mediocre free agent LT? Or move Taylor to LT?

MahomesMagic 02-13-2024 10:26 PM

Quote:

Thank you for reminding me that I have been paying this guy 12-15 bucks a month for the last 2 years and I forgot about it.

I needed dropbox for some client one time and forgot to cancel.

-King- 02-13-2024 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17400533)
Close but not quite:

So evidently he was chiefsfan58

Profile says he's been here today! (as any good Chiefs fan would be, of course)

So again, chill out boys. Whatever race you think you're running, this dude's lapped you several times by now.

What a generic username for a future billionaire. Pretty cool though. I wonder if he ever still visits under a different username or as a guest.

Titty Meat 02-13-2024 10:32 PM

Quote:

Life's weird.

Dane McCloud?

Jet Chip Wasp 02-13-2024 10:37 PM

I'd rather keep Chris Jones, without him defense loses a lot.

ROYC75 02-13-2024 10:38 PM

What would the Franchise tag cost us on Sneed?

Chief Pagan 02-13-2024 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 17400248)

19M

mnchiefsguy 02-14-2024 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 17400873)
What would the Franchise tag cost us on Sneed?

I believe the franchise tag for cornerbacks is $17 million.

In Veach I trust. I think he is going to do all he can to get it done, but at the end of the day, it is gonna be up to Jones whether he takes the deal or not. I would feel better about it if Jones would replace those idiots who are his agents.

dannybcaitlyn 02-14-2024 10:40 AM

Don’t know how cowboys could afford either when Parsons is going to get paid more then Bosa. Also have CeeDee lamb to extend

tredadda 02-14-2024 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 17400243)

This is similar to Tyreek. If he wants to be a Chief, he needs to take less than top of the market money. The cap prevents teams from having too many players with market setting contracts.

Rausch 02-14-2024 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 17400896)
19M

He'll get 20-25. He just ****ing shut down every name that matters in this league.

Rausch 02-14-2024 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet Chip Wasp (Post 17400872)
I'd rather keep Chris Jones, without him defense loses a lot.

We'd be blitzing a helluva' lot more, that's for sure.

DJ's left nut 02-14-2024 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 17401505)
He'll get 20-25. He just ****ing shut down every name that matters in this league.

No he won't - not unless it's in KC.

We aren't letting him hit the market and the tag figure is what the tag figure is.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-14-2024 11:53 AM

Given what little we know about LJ and it being his first chance at a pay day, I hope he's willing to take the offer they present now. I think Veach will shoot for the 3-year deal that has high guarantees.

TheGuardian 02-14-2024 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17401491)
This is similar to Tyreek. If he wants to be a Chief, he needs to take less than top of the market money. The cap prevents teams from having too many players with market setting contracts.

And regardless of what people say, Reek clearly has second thoughts because he's constantly talked about the Chiefs since he left, and said he wished he were playing in this game.

Money does a lot of things AT FIRST, but the saying about it not buying happiness is (kinda) true. It does, up to a point. then it's diminishing returns.

Makes me wonder if Chris will look at Tyreek and have a lightbulb moment where he decides to take a little less and cement a legacy here or if it's gonna be all about the payday.

I really do think we need Sneed and Jones back if we want to talk about legit 3-peat.

tredadda 02-14-2024 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 17401659)
And regardless of what people say, Reek clearly has second thoughts because he's constantly talked about the Chiefs since he left, and said he wished he were playing in this game.

Money does a lot of things AT FIRST, but the saying about it not buying happiness is (kinda) true. It does, up to a point. then it's diminishing returns.

Makes me wonder if Chris will look at Tyreek and have a lightbulb moment where he decides to take a little less and cement a legacy here or if it's gonna be all about the payday.

I really do think we need Sneed and Jones back if we want to talk about legit 3-peat.

Agree with all of it, but I think it’s more than money for the sake of money for some players. It’s a pride thing as well. Wanting to be recognized as the best and having a salary reflecting that feeds into it.

A good example would be how Jamar Chase is waiting for Jefferson to get his deal before signing one with the Bengals. He’s gonna get paid and paid a ton, but he seems to want one higher than JJ. That’s where the pride kicks in some.

Just hoping Jones sees Tyreek like you mentioned and decides on KC. He clearly loves it here and doesn’t want to leave, but in order to stay and cement a legacy, he will have to do it for less than he is worth. It’s up to him to decide what is most important. Very few if any contenders (outside of maybe Houston) will have the cap space to sign him at $30 million + a year.

TheGuardian 02-14-2024 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17401717)
Agree with all of it, but I think it’s more than money for the sake of money for some players. It’s a pride thing as well. Wanting to be recognized as the best and having a salary reflecting that feeds into it.

A good example would be how Jamar Chase is waiting for Jefferson to get his deal before signing one with the Bengals. He’s gonna get paid and paid a ton, but he seems to want one higher than JJ. That’s where the pride kicks in some.

Just hoping Jones sees Tyreek like you mentioned and decides on KC. He clearly loves it here and doesn’t want to leave, but in order to stay and cement a legacy, he will have to do it for less than he is worth. It’s up to him to decide what is most important. Very few if any contenders (outside of maybe Houston) will have the cap space to sign him at $30 million + a year.

I agree with that totally. It's a "I'm the highest paid in the league" ego thing. It's validation that "I'm the best" based off of that metric.

However....

The difference in a Chase and Jefferson is that those guys don't come from a SB winning culture. So it's all they know and are playing for.

Where Reek does know that culture, and then got his bag, and clearly has some second thoughts.

WE will know in a month. I really hope we can bring Chris back because it's almost like he, Pat, and Trav are the cornerstones of this team rn.

tredadda 02-14-2024 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 17401740)
I agree with that totally. It's a "I'm the highest paid in the league" ego thing. It's validation that "I'm the best" based off of that metric.

However....

The difference in a Chase and Jefferson is that those guys don't come from a SB winning culture. So it's all they know and are playing for.

Where Reek does know that culture, and then got his bag, and clearly has some second thoughts.

WE will know in a month. I really hope we can bring Chris back because it's almost like he, Pat, and Trav are the cornerstones of this team rn.

Completely agree. He is the defensive captain and it shows every game. It’s clear he loves Andy and Spags and that feeling is mutual.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-14-2024 12:41 PM

This defense simply isn't the same without Jones. He's a foundational piece that frees others up to flourish even when he's not getting sacks. Dude has saved so many TDs over the years in Superbowls and playoffs

pugsnotdrugs19 02-14-2024 12:51 PM

Butker only has one year left on his deal - surprised me. I'd like to get that deal done too this summer.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02-14-2024 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17401819)
Butker only has one year left on his deal - surprised me. I'd like to get that deal done too this summer.

He’s the 11th highest paid kicker rn. Make him the #1 paid. 7.5 mil a year. He’s that ****ing important to this team

DaFace 02-14-2024 01:43 PM

Well, it's a lot of booze talking, but...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Jones: &quot;I ain&#39;t going nowhere, baby. I will be here this year, next year and the year after.&quot; Starts chant of three-peat ...</p>&mdash; Vahe Gregorian (@vgregorian) <a href="https://twitter.com/vgregorian/status/1757852295289528423?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 14, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pitt Gorilla 02-14-2024 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17402124)
Well, it's a lot of booze talking, but...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Jones: &quot;I ain&#39;t going nowhere, baby. I will be here this year, next year and the year after.&quot; Starts chant of three-peat ...</p>&mdash; Vahe Gregorian (@vgregorian) <a href="https://twitter.com/vgregorian/status/1757852295289528423?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 14, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pretty sure that's contractually binding.

BenoniBenko 02-14-2024 01:48 PM

Stone Cold Jones aint going NOWHERE

carcosa 02-14-2024 01:49 PM

If alcohol is truth serum then I think this proves that CJ wants to be here and it's only his agents getting in the way.

Gravedigger 02-14-2024 01:49 PM

So two year deal coming up since he said he'd be here for next year and the year after that?

DaFace 02-14-2024 01:50 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;I AIN&#39;T GOING NOWHERE, BABY!&quot; - <a href="https://twitter.com/StoneColdJones?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@StoneColdJones</a> <a href="https://t.co/qtU3Jmgq84">pic.twitter.com/qtU3Jmgq84</a></p>&mdash; NFL (@NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1757852911093121495?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 14, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Graystoke 02-14-2024 01:50 PM

Jones saying he stays in KC while drunk is like past me saying to chicks at 2am bar time I love you so much!