ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Creed Humphrey Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338120)

oldman 05-02-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15658309)
The only positions I think are really up for play are RG and RT.

I agree and there's only 2 questions that will remain. First, what will LDT be like after a year off? The 2nd question would be is Niang ready to be the RT?

Let's look at the RT slot today. Most of us have Niang filling that hole today. But if he's not ready for Sunday, that will force us to either move Long over there or use --- well, I'd just rather not go there. If LDT isn't ready and we have to use Long as a RT, then we have a hole at RG again.

Skyy God 05-02-2021 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 15658660)
I agree and there's only 2 questions that will remain. First, what will LDT be like after a year off? The 2nd question would be is Niang ready to be the RT?

Let's look at the RT slot today. Most of us have Niang filling that hole today. But if he's not ready for Sunday, that will force us to either move Long over there or use --- well, I'd just rather not go there. If LDT isn't ready and we have to use Long as a RT, then we have a hole at RG again.

Remmers, brah.

We have options at every position except LT and LG.

The Franchise 05-02-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 15658660)

Rather not go where? Remmers would be the RT. The position he played most of the year and did just fine at.

Sassy Squatch 05-02-2021 09:57 AM

In that hypothetical Niang plays RG.

YontsRBake 05-02-2021 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15658681)
In that hypothetical Niang plays RG.

I would think we'd put Blythe at RG, or bump Humphrey to RG and Blythe at C.

KChiefs1 05-02-2021 05:49 PM

Best pick: Perhaps the last hole on the Chiefs’ offensive line entering the draft was at center. But the Chiefs filled that role by selecting Humphrey, a consistent prospect from Oklahoma who has the opportunity to beat center Austin Blythe, a six-year veteran, in training camp to be the Chiefs’ starter.

Listed at 6-foot-4 and 302 pounds, Humphrey was the second-ranked center in the draft class, according to Dane Brugler, The Athletic’s NFL Draft analyst. In 37 starts as Oklahoma’s center, Humphrey didn’t allow a sack and he gave up just two quarterback hits, according to Pro Football Focus. Humphrey earned the Big 12 Offensive Lineman of the Year honor as both a sophomore and junior. The bonus for the Chiefs is that Humphrey’s transition to the league will be assisted by left tackle Orlando Brown Jr., his former college teammate.

KChiefs1 05-02-2021 05:56 PM

Jason Kersey on what the Chiefs are getting: Humphrey plays with outstanding strength and smarts, which allows him to out-physical his opponent, as his wrestling background and mentality translate to the field. He doesn’t always show the power to be a people-mover in the run game, but he finds a way to get the job done and tested above average in every category at his pro day. Overall, he projects as an NFL starting center with guard potential.

Dane Brugler’s analysis: My top-ranked center, Humphrey announced himself as a future early-round draft pick as a redshirt freshman at Oklahoma. A former high school wrestler, he has outstanding balance, toughness and smarts and showed his versatility to play center and guard. Think the Chiefs were affected by the lack of offensive line depth in the Super Bowl?

Sheil Kapadia’s grade: B+. In 37 starts at center, Humphrey didn’t allow a sack and gave up just two quarterback hits, according to Pro Football Focus. Durable and tough, Humphrey is one of the top center prospects in this class and could have the versatility to play guard. The theme of the Chiefs’ offseason has been rebuilding their offensive line and adding depth. Adding Humphrey here makes sense.

staylor26 05-02-2021 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15658672)
Rather not go where? Remmers would be the RT. The position he played most of the year and did just fine at.

Didn’t mean to downvote!

cripple creek 05-02-2021 06:32 PM

any chance he likes Apollo as a nickname? Zeus and Apollo on the same o line unstoppable!

Tribal Warfare 05-02-2021 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cripple creek (Post 15659180)
any chance he likes Apollo as a nickname? Zeus and Apollo on the same o line unstoppable!

Though mine is Awesome-O

Another is Assassin

Dante84 05-06-2021 09:33 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs Building the Mahomes WALL! Creed Humphrey Film Room- I get really excited watching offensive line film and Creed is an Excellent example of that. Come on over to RGR and check it out!<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/7suj9mIE9d">https://t.co/7suj9mIE9d</a></p>&mdash; Daniel Harms (@D_Harms19) <a href="https://twitter.com/D_Harms19/status/1390285800156409856?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dunerdr 05-06-2021 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15664239)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs Building the Mahomes WALL! Creed Humphrey Film Room- I get really excited watching offensive line film and Creed is an Excellent example of that. Come on over to RGR and check it out!<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/7suj9mIE9d">https://t.co/7suj9mIE9d</a></p>&mdash; Daniel Harms (@D_Harms19) <a href="https://twitter.com/D_Harms19/status/1390285800156409856?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That guy tweeting looks like i should punch him in the face.

Easy 6 05-07-2021 08:33 AM

Can Creed Take Us Higher?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J16lInLZRms" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll show myself to the door...

dmahurin 05-07-2021 09:27 AM

I'll hold the door for you on your way out..... With arms wide open

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15665139)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J16lInLZRms" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 05-07-2021 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 15665208)
I'll hold the door for you on your way out..... With arms wide open

:bravo:

RealSNR 05-07-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 15664582)
That guy tweeting looks like i should punch him in the face.

That's my dad, asshole!!!

TEX 05-07-2021 09:39 AM

You just don't **** with those country-strong dudes...They'll stomp a mud hole in your ass without even trying.

Dante84 05-07-2021 12:39 PM

GMFB interview from when he was still at OU

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?height=314&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FChiefConcernsKansasCityChiefs%2Fvideos%2F 836030517263228%2F&show_text=false&width=560" width="560" height="314" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

ToxSocks 05-07-2021 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15665139)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15665482)
GMFB interview from when he was still at OU

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?height=314&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FChiefConcernsKansasCityChiefs%2Fvideos%2F 836030517263228%2F&show_text=false&width=560" width="560" height="314" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

It seems that you have been redeemed.

RunKC 05-07-2021 06:30 PM

Geoff Schwartz was on the new KC Sports Network show with BJ Kissel and talked about how high of a football IQ this guy has. He called all the pre-snap alignments and audibles for protection.

Patrick does that here but it will damn nice to have an extra set of eyes helping him out.

This pick is going to be a grand slam

KChiefs1 05-07-2021 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15665858)
Geoff Schwartz was on the new KC Sports Network show with BJ Kissel and talked about how high of a football IQ this guy has. He called all the pre-snap alignments and audibles for protection.

Patrick does that here but it will damn nice to have an extra set of eyes helping him out.

https://youtu.be/9a0xgeOvHzo

Dante84 05-07-2021 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15665858)

Imagine if Mahomes gets to a point where he’s comfortable handing the line protections & responsibilities off to Creed, and spends that time instead processing and diagnosing the secondary and finding his ideal match-ups pre-snap.

Like, we may actually see him elevate to an entirely new level between that and the additional time he’ll have to throw.

pugsnotdrugs19 05-07-2021 10:01 PM

I’ve seen some comps to Ben Jones and that seems really fair. Not sure he’s ever like a dominant, elite player, but he’s going to be a good center who makes others around him better with his smarts and a good leader amongst the other linemen.

teedubya 05-07-2021 10:31 PM

This pick at this spot in the draft is F'N amazing. Total first round talent... Veach keeps getting "lucky" with his picks. Heh.

mlyonsd 05-07-2021 10:56 PM

I have to think the night of the last SB all AFC DC's were saying OK we've got Mahomes figured out.

After the offseason they are all probably now thinking now what the ****. Not this shit again.

mililo4cpa 05-08-2021 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 15666158)
I have to think the night of the last SB all AFC DC's were saying OK we've got Mahomes figured out.

After the offseason they are all probably now thinking now what the ****. Not this shit again.

With Pat's elusiveness, shoring up the middle of the line, in my opinion, is every bit as huge as shoring up the tackle positions....heck, even if we get only passable play at RT (kind of like Remmers for most of last season), Pat is not only going to tear it up from the pocket, but in those instances where he does have to evade rushers, he'll have lanes to get outside and evade duress (unlike the Super Bowl where there were multiple guys in his face all night)....

It's going to make a world of difference for this team, not even factoring the safety net the run game can now provide.

Halfcan 05-08-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mililo4cpa (Post 15666369)
With Pat's elusiveness, shoring up the middle of the line, in my opinion, is every bit as huge as shoring up the tackle positions....heck, even if we get only passable play at RT (kind of like Remmers for most of last season), Pat is not only going to tear it up from the pocket, but in those instances where he does have to evade rushers, he'll have lanes to get outside and evade duress (unlike the Super Bowl where there were multiple guys in his face all night)....

It's going to make a world of difference for this team, not even factoring the safety net the run game can now provide.

Chiefs have been vulnerable up the middle and hopefully Creed shores that up. Can't wait to see him play. ;)

RunKC 05-08-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15666116)
I’ve seen some comps to Ben Jones and that seems really fair. Not sure he’s ever like a dominant, elite player, but he’s going to be a good center who makes others around him better with his smarts and a good leader amongst the other linemen.

Only flaw that sticks out is his strength. He’s strong, but some of these huge DT’s like Vea, Donald and Campbell can walk him back to the QB at times. His leverage and technique is so good that he can limit that.

He just needs one off-season in an NFL training program and he’s good IMO

Skyy God 05-08-2021 11:12 AM

If Trey Smith pans out, Chiefs have 3/5th of their OL on cheap contracts for 4 years.

That would create TONS of cap flexibility.

Toad 05-12-2021 12:49 PM

Not a stretch, but I will call this being the best pick in this draft when it’s all said and done.

BossChief 05-13-2021 01:20 AM

Sure would be amazing if Trey wins the RG spot outright.

Brown
Thuney
Humphrey
Smith
Niang

That’s a nasty OL right there that could be together the next 4 years straight.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05-13-2021 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 15671837)

Brown
Thuney
Humphrey
Smith
Niang

Veach sounds like Long will start

R Clark 05-13-2021 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 15671837)

Brown
Thuney
Humphrey
Smith
Niang

I’d be surprised if he didn’t by year’s end

AdolfOliverBush 05-13-2021 07:15 AM

That bit about his RAS is crazy. I'm not sure how reliable those numbers are, but ranking #1 among all centers in the last 34 years is crazy if the numbers are even a little reliable.

Hoover 05-13-2021 07:24 AM

I think Smith is a guy that once he enters a game, he's never coming back out.

Skyy God 05-13-2021 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15671838)
Veach sounds like Long will start

Long’s health is a giant question mark.

tredadda 05-13-2021 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15671972)
Long’s health is a giant question mark.

Exactly. He retired for a reason. Simply put though, if Long is healthy he will start. Would not expect to see much of Smith this year as he would be buried on the depth chart.

nychief 05-13-2021 08:37 AM

Long, barring an injury or a significant drop off (both possible) will be a starter... he's been a stud in this league. LDT might be on the block (chopping or trade) with Smith in the wings.

ChiTown 05-13-2021 08:37 AM

I'm just loving the sort of quality depth we are building along the OL. This is how you protect your Half Billion Dollar investment

Hoover 05-13-2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 15671998)
Long, barring an injury or a significant drop off (both possible) will be a starter... he's been a stud in this league. LDT might be on the block (chopping or trade) with Smith in the wings.

Not sure that is likely considering his contract.

I think LDT is a Chief this year, I just think he's going to have to win back his old starting spot. I think the battles for the right side of the line will be good for us. It wouldn't surprise me to see a starting lineup of Brown, Thuney, Humphries, LDT, and Long to start the season. Maybe Remmers is the odd man out and gets moved. Who knows. But as stated above the depth is amazing.

ToxSocks 05-13-2021 09:04 AM

The Chiefs have so much depth along the Oline now that they effectively have TWO NFL caliber lines.

Line 1: Brown/Thuney/Humphrey/LDT/Long

Line 2: Niang/Wylie/Blythe/Smith/Remmers

CasselGotPeedOn 05-13-2021 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15672049)
The Chiefs have so much depth along the Oline now that they effectively have TWO NFL caliber lines.

Allegretti over Wylie.

ChiTown 05-13-2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15672049)

I don't know that I see Long playing RT. Maybe I've missed something, but I thought he was plugged in as a RG, competing with LDT for the starting spot.

ToxSocks 05-13-2021 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 15672058)
Allegretti over Wylie.

The guy who couldn't beat out Wylie last season? Doubt it.

ToxSocks 05-13-2021 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 15672082)
I don't know that I see Long playing RT. Maybe I've missed something, but I thought he was plugged in as a RG, competing with LDT for the starting spot.

He's played both RG and RT.

People assume he'll play RG because it's a lesser position than RT, and that Niang is the shoe-in for RT.

Niang likely is the starting RT. But Long can play RT too in case of an injury.

I put Long at RT instead of Niang for the sake of the excercise, to not duplicate players while demonstrating that even our back up Oline is an NFL caliber starting Oline.

Consider that prior to the Brown trade, people were already rationalizing this as a competent Oline rebuild:

Niang/Thuney/Blythe/LDT/Remmers

O.city 05-13-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15672099)

People assume he'll play RG because it's a lesser position than RT, and that Niang is the shoe-in for RT.

I put Long at RT instead of Niang for the sake of the excercise, to not duplicate players while demonstrating that even our back up Oline is an NFL caliber starting Oline.

Consider that prior to the Brown trade, people were already rationalizing this as a competent Oline rebuild:

Yeah, I think he could play it that way.

I think Niang is your day 1 starter at RT though.

ChiTown 05-13-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15672099)

I absolutely think Long, along with Remmers, can play RT. I just think Niang is probably going to be our best option with Long playing along side him at RG

CoMoChief 05-13-2021 09:49 AM

Hopefully Schwartz comes back and is healthy.

Give Mahomes 10sec to throw the ball. LMAO.

Dunerdr 05-13-2021 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 15672142)

Listen, it's over.

Skyy God 05-13-2021 12:35 PM

Given that Niang is on a 4/$4.5M deal and Remmers 1/$3.3, Niang absolutely gets the first shot to lock down RT.

CasselGotPeedOn 05-13-2021 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15672090)

Wylie shouldn't be allowed within 500 feet of Mahomes.

The Franchise 05-13-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 15672511)
Wylie shouldn't be allowed within 500 of Mahomes.

They can play Pokémon together. As long as Mahomes is in a bubble and there are two security guards between them while they play.

RealSNR 05-13-2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15672090)

He played better than Wylie during the season, though.

Kman34 05-13-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 15672142)

Dude.. He’s not coming back... JFC..

staylor26 05-27-2021 04:23 PM

Looks like he’s already running with the starters:

https://i.imgur.com/8ODg8tJ.jpg

Skyy God 05-27-2021 04:40 PM

Andy isn’t afraid to start rookie Cs.

BigCatDaddy 05-27-2021 05:48 PM

Who was on the right side?

The Franchise 05-27-2021 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 15688722)

No clue but Reid said the right side was going to be a battle to determine starters. Doesn’t sound like anyone is guaranteed a spot.

staylor26 05-27-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 15688722)

Based on pics from other days, I think it’s Long and Remmers.

I don’t think LDT is there though, and Niang obviously wasn’t coming into OTA’s as the starter.

Sofa King 05-27-2021 06:32 PM

Creed is a lefty?

New World Order 05-27-2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15688749)
Based on pics from other days, I think it’s Long and Remmers.

I don’t think LDT is there though, and Niang obviously wasn’t coming into OTA’s as the starter.

I have really high hopes for Niang.

I think he’s going to be a great tackle, but it would be a blow if Remmers receives the nod over Niang week 1

chiefforlife 05-27-2021 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 15688764)
Creed is a lefty?

Yes but I remember Andy telling him during his draft call that he knows he can snap with his right too.

gonefishin53 05-27-2021 06:44 PM

Andy likes long arms at OT. Remmers' arms are 30.25'' and Niang's are 34.25''. Andy also praises Niang's big body and beautiful feet. Niang's film vs Nick Bosa and Chase Young shows impressive natural ability. I believe Andy really wants Lucas Niang to start game 1 at RT.

Prison Bitch 05-27-2021 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 15688764)
Creed is a lefty?

Highly doubt it. He’s a good old boy from Oklahoma.

KChiefs1 06-06-2021 09:17 AM

He will be the starting center when the season begins.

Easy 6 06-06-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 15688776)
Highly doubt it. He’s a good old boy from Oklahoma.

LMAO

BigRedChief 06-06-2021 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15672499)
Given that Niang is on a 4/$4.5M deal and Remmers 1/$3.3, Niang absolutely gets the first shot to lock down RT.

But, Reemers agent said he's the Chiefs new starting LT?:rolleyes:

Chris Meck 06-06-2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15699011)
But, Reemers agent said he's the Chiefs new starting LT?:rolleyes:

gee, ya think?

LMAO

JohnnyHammersticks 08-20-2021 11:06 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> rookie Creed Humphrey tonight<br>🔺 26 pass-blocking snaps<br>🔺 0 QB pressures allowed <a href="https://t.co/aEeFQWFHa3">pic.twitter.com/aEeFQWFHa3</a></p>&mdash; PFF College (@PFF_College) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1428916930660995078?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hammock Parties 08-20-2021 11:07 PM

Good GOD LMAO

Wisconsin_Chief 08-20-2021 11:17 PM

Human monster.

Halfcan 08-20-2021 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15698732)
He will be the starting center when the season begins.

Amazing prediction. :thumb:

RealSNR 08-20-2021 11:23 PM

So I knew Creed was left handed, but I had no idea about that conversation Andy had with him where Creed volunteered to switch hands and Andy told him no

Halfcan 08-20-2021 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 15794023)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> rookie Creed Humphrey tonight<br>🔺 26 pass-blocking snaps<br>🔺 0 QB pressures allowed <a href="https://t.co/aEeFQWFHa3">pic.twitter.com/aEeFQWFHa3</a></p>&mdash; PFF College (@PFF_College) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1428916930660995078?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:drool:

No pressure up the middle for Mahomes- he is going to dissect defenses.

Pitt Gorilla 08-21-2021 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 15794023)

Just watching the game, it was clear how good he is. Honestly, all of the line played well.

MIAdragon 08-21-2021 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15794050)
Just watching the game, it was clear how good he is. Honestly, all of the line played well.

More concerned with both tackles than the other 3.

smithandrew051 08-21-2021 06:54 AM

This dude is a freaking tank

big nasty kcnut 08-21-2021 08:25 AM

He's a big strong boy!

PunkinDrublic 08-21-2021 09:23 AM

He was the biggest steal in our draft. I have huge expectations for this kid.

smithandrew051 08-21-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 15794225)
He was the biggest steal in our draft. I have huge expectations for this kid.

He was a great pick, but Trey Smith was an absolute heist