ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324078)

ptlyon 07-26-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 14364922)
So is tomorrow the first real practice?

Appears so. Maybe the OP could be added with this:

https://www.chiefs.com/trainingcamp/schedule

RunKC 07-26-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14364905)
Then you don't remember that well.

The Chiefs stunted/twisted quite a bit. Jones found a lot of his pressures by simply being unblocked when teams didn't read the twist well or focused on Ford/Houston instead.

Complain about the secondary or coverage approach if you want to, but the Chiefs weren't vanilla on the DL or in how they used their LBs.

It was sometimes soul-sucking to see that, especially watching teams like the Ravens, Seahawks and Patriots do it exceptionally well.

DJ's left nut 07-26-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 14364919)
Dude, you're way off base.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-2018-e...es-2018-season

That is every sack for Jones last season. There is one at minute 2:35 where he lines up as the 3 tech, then stunts around the right tackle with Dee Ford going to.... I don't know... Russia? WTF is he doing?

There is a delayed stunt at minute 3:25. Same thing - lines up at DT and stunts with Houston around the RT.

Every other sack he got it was from penetrating the gap he originally lined up in.

Nice research; looks like I made some faulty assumptions there.

I remember him coming through clean a ton but gave it the wrong cause. I figured there had to be some reason that Gs weren't getting to him and it turns out that sometimes they just !@#$ed up.

He has some easy money in there but less of it as a result of those twists than I expected.

You will see more of those though, if for no other reason than we'll be in even fronts far more often. It's just harder to run a stunt when you're using an odd front, especially when one of your OLBs is a speed rusher who you'd really like to avoid getting hung in the wash.

DJ's left nut 07-26-2019 11:13 AM

Y'all see the clip of McKenzie coming into camp?

Man, I'm unreasonably pumped about that kid. I know we're probably still a year early on him but that dude is just built to be a lineman. He looks like he's in great shape and still has an incredibly powerful base.

I don't think he wins a job this year but I don't think it's impossible and I absolutely think he spends some games on the active roster this time around. I'm awfully excited to see what he can do because he has tools that just jump off the page and if the development is there he can be a truly elite OL.

All gonna come down to teaching him how to use his hands and maintain his base. A lot of toolsy OL have been felled by an inability to stop reaching and stay over top of their feet. That's gonna be a heck of a learning curve for him but if he can get it done, watch out.

staylor26 07-26-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14364956)

Man, I'm unreasonably pumped about that kid. I know we're probably still a year early on him but that dude is just built to be a lineman. He looks like he's in great shape and still has an incredibly powerful base.

I don't think he wins a job this year but I don't think it's impossible and I absolutely think he spends some games on the active roster this time around. I'm awfully excited to see what he can do because he has tools that just jump off the page and if the development is there he can be a truly elite OL.

All gonna come down to teaching him how to use his hands and maintain his base. A lot of toolsy OL have been felled by an inability to stop reaching and stay over top of their feet. That's gonna be a heck of a learning curve for him but if he can get it done, watch out.

He’s easily one of the guys I’m looking forward to watching the most in the preseason.

The Franchise 07-26-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Dude looks like he dropped a bunch of baby fat.

RunKC 07-26-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Possible LDT replacement next year IMO.

RunKC 07-26-2019 11:36 AM

What do you guys think of D-Rob as a trade candidate?

Hill, Sammy, Hardman are locks and Pringle is apparently looking really good. Then we have all these new rookie receivers plus Dieter to fill the back end.

If we need a corner, I’m sending D-Rob in a trade package.

Mecca 07-26-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14364991)

Hill, Sammy, Hardman are locks and Pringle is apparently looking really good. Then we have all these new rookie receivers plus Dieter to fill the back end.

It's not a good idea because Watkins is injury prone and the other guys have never suited up for a game.

Mecca 07-26-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14364977)
Possible LDT replacement next year IMO.

That would be nice as it would save the Chiefs a ton of money.

ToxSocks 07-26-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14364991)

No thanks.

D-Rob is worth more to this team as he'll be the #3 WR up, then what he'd be worth in a trade.

Every damn team in the league has unproven, talented WR's that they really like.

Which is why i find the Byron Pringle trade talk silly.

staylor26 07-26-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14364997)
It's not a good idea because Watkins is injury prone and the other guys have never suited up for a game.

This. He’s our 3rd WR day one and he has great chemistry with Mahomes. It’s not like he has a lot of trade value either as he has 1 year left on his deal and would have to learn a new offense on the fly.

R Clark 07-26-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14364997)

Yes , I agree Watkins’s gets injured to much not to have someone with game experience to back him up.

RunKC 07-26-2019 11:41 AM

Honestly I think Hardman could be the 3rd receiver by mid season if he’s given a fair shot

R Clark 07-26-2019 11:42 AM

Hope your right

Mecca 07-26-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14365005)
Honestly I think Hardman could be the 3rd receiver by mid season if he’s given a fair shot

He might be, but for a team that is going to lean on the offense you don't want to be in a position where you have 1 WR with game experience.

Mecca 07-26-2019 11:45 AM

If you're looking for guys that could be traded off the Chiefs roster...

Xavier Williams
Justin Hamilton
Tremon Smith
Lucas/Sorensen

Are your most likely bets, Colquitt could go on that list if the rookie punter beats him out soundly.

ToxSocks 07-26-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14365005)

I don't think that's what Reid wants.

Tyreek was fantastic stretching the defense horizontally. When Reid began using him more traditionally, having him stretch vertically, he lost SOME of that horizontal element. You obviously can't have Tyreek doing two things at once.

DaT was suppose to be that guy, and every offseason they talked up DAT's special packages, and you did in fact see them on gameday. Though he obviously wasn't quite as effective (though effective at times) and couldn't stay healthy.

I think Reid wants to use Hardman to bring back that special ability to stretch horizontally. Force defenses to respect the jet sweeps, fakes, reverses etc even MORESO than they already do by putting a true play maker back there again.

Just look at Hardman's quote the other day for example. They asked Hardman how Tyreek being back changes things for him and he answered something like, "It doesn't change anything i'm doing. Still the same plan moving forward".

My impression was that Hardman has a specific job, and it was never to take Tyreek's role in this offense, but to work on his specific role that Reid has set out for him all along.

RunKC 07-26-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14365008)
He might be, but for a team that is going to lean on the offense you don't want to be in a position where you have 1 WR with game experience.

Really depends on camp IMO. Pringle and Dieter know the offense well and are not rookies. They could show enough to fill D-Rob’s role.

I’m also curious to see Custis. That guy is 6’4, runs a 4.5 and has arms as long as a tackle’s. We don’t have any receiver like him.

Give him Kemp’s spot and see how he does in preseason. Could be a nice possession receiver.

Mecca 07-26-2019 11:53 AM

Dieter is going to have to make the team, he would be the 6th WR.

smithandrew051 07-26-2019 11:53 AM

610 just reported that Jones will report to camp today and will not hold out. He’ll play out his deal if need be. Per Adam Schefter.

Way to go, Chris!!! You’re doing it right. Let’s ****ing go.

staylor26 07-26-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14365020)

Tyreek was fantastic stretching the defense horizontally. When Reid began using him more traditionally, having him stretch vertically, he lost SOME of that horizontal element. You obviously can't have Tyreek doing two things at once.

DaT was suppose to be that guy, and every offseason they talked up DAT's special packages, and you did in fact see them on gameday. Though he obviously wasn't quite as effective (though effective at times) and couldn't stay healthy.

I think Reid wants to use Hardman to bring back that special ability to stretch horizontally. Force defenses to respect the jet sweeps, fakes, reverses etc even MORESO than they already do by putting a true play maker back there again.

Just look at Hardman's quote the other day for example. They asked Hardman how Tyreek being back changes things for him and he answered something like, "It doesn't change anything i'm doing. Still the same plan moving forward".

My impression was that Hardman has a specific job, and it was never to take Tyreek's role in this offense, but to work on his specific role that Reid has set out for him all along.

Great post. I agree with all of this.

BossChief 07-26-2019 11:57 AM

Quote:

He’s been working 1 on 1 with Will Shields on technique for part of this offseason. They’ve shown some of it on the franchise.

He needs to get on the field this year though, or else KC is going to develop him and not get much equity value out of it and he will need a big contract before we get any ROI.

New World Order 07-26-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14365026)
610 just reported that Jones will report to camp today and will not hold out. He’ll play out his deal if need be. Per Adam Schefter.

Way to go, Chris!!! You’re doing it right. Let’s ****ing go.

Yeah!!!!!

This is our year. Let's do it.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07-26-2019 11:59 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Update on Chris Jones: The star DL will show up on time for the team meeting at 2 pm. He’s on his way.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1154811588349767686?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 26, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07-26-2019 11:59 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per the Katz. brothers regarding Chris Jones, who is now reporting to camp on time: “He knows his value and if he has to play out his deal in order to reach free agency, then that’s what he will do. For now, he’s focused on winning a Super Bowl for Kansas City.”</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1154811246505578496?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 26, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07-26-2019 12:01 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> and DL Chris Jones have talked about a deal for some time, but KC has not negotiated while Jones was away. Now that he’s showing up, talks should pick up.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1154812021633949698?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 26, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07-26-2019 12:02 PM

Sounds like Chiefs would only give him a deal if he showed up. Feels like if he was a me first type of guy or team first type of guy. Him showing up proves he’s a team first type of guy. Pay him Veach!!!!

Hammock Parties 07-26-2019 12:02 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAa5CoHX...jpg&name=small

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07-26-2019 12:03 PM

He is elite!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Highest pressure percentage, interior D-Linemen (2015-18):<br><br>1. Aaron Donald 17.8%<br>2. Geno Atkins 14.8<br>3. Fletcher Cox 14.2<br>4. Chris Jones 13.3<br>5. Sheldon Richardson 12.6<br>6. Malik Jackson 12.3<br>7. Mike Daniels 12.1<br>8. Kawann Short 11.4<br>9. Jurrell Casey 11.0<br>10. Cameron Heyward 10.9</p>&mdash; Steve Palazzolo (@PFF_Steve) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Steve/status/1154032949618184192?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 24, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tk13 07-26-2019 12:04 PM

That's good news. One less distraction to worry about.

ToxSocks 07-26-2019 12:06 PM

He's betting on himself and it's a smart move. He goes for 15 sacks AGAIN and you best believe he's getting Aaron Donald $$$.

New World Order 07-26-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14365034)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Update on Chris Jones: The star DL will show up on time for the team meeting at 2 pm. He’s on his way.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1154811588349767686?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 26, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Clear i29! Jones is coming through!

RunKC 07-26-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Good post.

I think could switch around at times. Sometimes (not too often)Hardman will have Tyreek’s role while Tyreek does the horizontal role, just to mix things up.

But yeah I think the Patriots game opened I some of those flaws and teams will surely try to copy what they’ve done in the first half of both games.

I think Andy wants to get this rookie flying downfield way more than we think. I honestly like having Sammy in the slot. He’s a tackle breaker and gets a lot of YAC.

dirk digler 07-26-2019 12:07 PM

Jones really didn't really have an option anyway from what I understand

RunKC 07-26-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14365040)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> and DL Chris Jones have talked about a deal for some time, but KC has not negotiated while Jones was away. Now that he’s showing up, talks should pick up.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1154812021633949698?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 26, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sign him before the season starts Veach. Don’t wait or it will cost way more

Mecca 07-26-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14365054)
He's betting on himself and it's a smart move. He goes for 15 sacks AGAIN and you best believe he's getting Aaron Donald $$$.

I doubt he gets that many again, this coaching staff is going to ride him about being system sound.

DaFace 07-26-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14365063)
I doubt he gets that many again, this coaching staff is going to ride him about being system sound.

That's what it comes down to for me. I think he benefited from being allowed to just kind of do his thing last year. I just don't think he's as important in Spag's scheme.

We'll see though.

ToxSocks 07-26-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 14365058)
Jones really didn't really have an option anyway from what I understand

Didn't he have to accrue one more season before he's eligible for FA? Otherwise he woulda been a RFA? Is that what you're referring to?

Kman34 07-26-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14365034)

Good.. we’ll need every swinging dick on defense this season...

Mecca 07-26-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14365066)
Didn't he have to accrue one more season before he's eligible for FA? Otherwise he woulda been a RFA? Is that what you're referring to?

Also if he actually held out till the 6th which was as long as he could hold out for and not be a RFA, his fines would add up to almost his entire 2019 salary.

Mecca 07-26-2019 12:12 PM

Hopefully this means he's not ass hurt and we could sign Mike Daniels without him getting pissed.

ToxSocks 07-26-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14365071)
Hopefully this means he's not ass hurt and we could sign Mike Daniels without him getting pissed.

I'd imagine if the Chiefs are negotiating again and offering good money, it shouldn't matter.

I can't imagine Mike Daniels will be demanding a large contract.

dirk digler 07-26-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14365066)

I believe that is correct. He had to report by Aug 6 to accrue his service time. He had no leverage and really no option.

Demonpenz 07-26-2019 12:27 PM

Anthony Sherman pulled up in Tony Stewart's Nascar then Dustin Colquitt and Buttker just pulled up in this 30 yard long armored truck

Titty Meat 07-26-2019 12:29 PM

Jones and Clark together mmmm mmmm

Redbled 07-26-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14363806)
During this camp, I'm hopeful that the coaches place an emphasis on reducing penalties.

The way the season turned out it's easy to overlook, but penalties hurt us badly last year ... far more than most people realize.

Great conditioning plus great fundamentals equal fewer penalties ... and we could use a whole lot more fewer penalties.

FAX

Totally agree. I rewatched the Steelers game the other day on YouTube and it was pretty bad penalty wise. A new secondary alone should help but hopefully we can reduce it even more.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07-26-2019 12:39 PM

Pay the man Veach!!

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07-26-2019 12:43 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is pretty significant, as it appears Chris Jones &amp; the Chiefs will have negotiations about the possibility of a contract extension. <a href="https://t.co/FCDWLoXsMZ">https://t.co/FCDWLoXsMZ</a></p>&mdash; Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/1154812556978151424?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 26, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hammock Parties 07-26-2019 12:45 PM

Mahomes milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

Marcellus 07-26-2019 12:49 PM

Sherman showed up in a Clint Boyer NASCAR Race Car wearing a driving suit and helmet with Chiefs logos. LMAO

http://bleacherreport.com/post/kansa...6-7bb992760b5e

Skyy God 07-26-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14365136)
Sherman showed up in a Clint Boyer NASCAR Race Car wearing a driving suit and helmet with Chiefs logos. LMAO

Show off!

Quit disrupting team chemistry!!

Hammock Parties 07-26-2019 12:57 PM

I don't think Tyreek Hill even looked at a repoter.

He's there.

staylor26 07-26-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14365143)
Show off!

Quit disrupting team chemistry!!

There’s a huge difference between that and pulling up in a Brinks truck and letting everybody know you’re more worried about getting paid than turning things around after a disappointing season.

Go ahead and pretend there’s not though.

Sorce 07-26-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Of course the driving suit is sleeveless.

-King- 07-26-2019 01:11 PM

Quote:

Wow. What a distraction. We're trying to win the super bowl and he's pulling this shit?

Mecca 07-26-2019 01:12 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Reggie Ragland has arrived to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> camp, and he’s talking chicken. �� <a href="https://t.co/XAOmwquJ09">pic.twitter.com/XAOmwquJ09</a></p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1154809490157518850?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 26, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

At least Ragland looks like he lost weight.

Rain Man 07-26-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorce (Post 14365162)
Of course the driving suit is sleeveless.

Is that not how NASCAR driving suits normally look?

Hammock Parties 07-26-2019 01:18 PM

Tyreek went in the back door apparently.

staylor26 07-26-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14365165)
Wow. What a distraction. We're trying to win the super bowl and he's pulling this shit?

:facepalm:

saphojunkie 07-26-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14364945)

I remember him coming through clean a ton but gave it the wrong cause. I figured there had to be some reason that Gs weren't getting to him and it turns out that sometimes they just !@#$ed up.

He has some easy money in there but less of it as a result of those twists than I expected.

You will see more of those though, if for no other reason than we'll be in even fronts far more often. It's just harder to run a stunt when you're using an odd front, especially when one of your OLBs is a speed rusher who you'd really like to avoid getting hung in the wash.

Hey man - I didn’t remember. I had to go look it up.

FAX 07-26-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 14364919)
Dude, you're way off base.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-2018-e...es-2018-season

That is every sack for Jones last season. There is one at minute 2:35 where he lines up as the 3 tech, then stunts around the right tackle with Dee Ford going to.... I don't know... Russia? WTF is he doing?

There is a delayed stunt at minute 3:25. Same thing - lines up at DT and stunts with Houston around the RT.

Every other sack he got it was from penetrating the gap he originally lined up in.

Additionally, I'm watching Dee Ford's sacks -- zero stunts.

However, at 1:11 of this video, Breeland Speaks drops into coverage. He races back to recover the fumble. Actually pretty impressive.

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvide...rd-2018-season

That Jones cutup was simply beautiful.

Thanks for posting, Mr. saphojunkie.

FAX

suzzer99 07-26-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

https://media.tenor.com/images/d1e5e...8fa1/tenor.gif

New World Order 07-26-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/55cd...temid=11031463

Marcellus 07-26-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Troll much?

saphojunkie 07-26-2019 01:33 PM

I’m so ****ing happy.

Football is back. We get to debate football and discuss football. Not child protection services, or grammar, or contract holdouts.

Just what kind of championship memorabilia we plan to buy.

Hammock Parties 07-26-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 14365211)
I’m so ****ing happy.

Football is back. We get to debate football and discuss football. Not child protection services, or grammar, or contract holdouts.

Just what kind of championship memorabilia we plan to buy.

The media isn't going to let this go, and neither are opposing fanbases.

There are going to be some real dicks exposed in this mess down the line.

staylor26 07-26-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14365209)
Troll much?

He’s being sarcastic because of some of us that found Ramsey showing up in a Brinks truck as a bad message to start camp on a team that needs to turn things around after a disappointing season.

Because was Sherman did is basically the same thing :rolleyes:

FAX 07-26-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14364945)

Jones' gitoff is impressive and (IMHO) probably capriciously unexpected from the standpoint of an o-line fatty.

I surmise that the O-Fatties don't expect a man that big to have that kind of quickness in the first two steps. Just not used to seeing it ...

Jones is a rather unique physical specimen.

FAX

FAX 07-26-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14365001)
This. He’s our 3rd WR day one and he has great chemistry with Mahomes. It’s not like he has a lot of trade value either as he has 1 year left on his deal and would have to learn a new offense on the fly.

That's worth some money, right there ...

FAX

Mecca 07-26-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14365212)
The media isn't going to let this go, and neither are opposing fanbases.

There are going to be some real dicks exposed in this mess down the line.

Do you mean KC media or national media?

Hammock Parties 07-26-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14365221)
Do you mean KC media or national media?

Both.

If Tyreek Hill does anything remotely controversial on the field they will pounce.

Bob Dole 07-26-2019 01:42 PM

The Sausage makes me laugh.

FAX 07-26-2019 01:43 PM

Quote:

Another highly insightful post-thing from Mr. Detoxing.

The horizontal game is the secret sauce to this offense. A defense simply cannot cover every square inch of a football field with 11 dudes. Especially when those 11 dudes are exhausted as a laser-tag cat by the mid-3rd.

The way I see it, the plan is probably to give Hardman a dual role. Threaten with the vertical and destroy with the jet.

FAX

WhiteWhale 07-26-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Is this a joke or are you really that uptight and boring?

WhiteWhale 07-26-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Yup. It's the old Dante Hall/Percy Harvin gig.

It was what Tyreek was brought in to do originally, but he turned out to be far more awesome than expected. Turns out Hill is more of a Steve Smith than Percy Harvin.

Hammock Parties 07-26-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14365247)
Yup. It's the old Dante Hall/Percy Harvin gig.

It was what Tyreek was brought in to do originally, but he turned out to be far more awesome than expected. Turns out Hill is more of a Steve Smith than Percy Harvin.

Remember when Tyreek averaged 9.7 yards a catch as a rookie? ROFL

DJ's left nut 07-26-2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14365069)
Also if he actually held out till the 6th which was as long as he could hold out for and not be a RFA, his fines would add up to almost his entire 2019 salary.

Those fines would've been waived immediately upon agreement on a long-term deal.

If they were closer, I'm betting he'd have stayed away until it was finalized. By reporting, I think he gives quite a bit of credibility to his 'threat' of just playing out the season and getting into FA.

Veach really does need to get a deal done with one of these 2 pending FAs to clear up that franchise tag. If nothing else, it allows them to tag/trade Jones even if they decide they can't fit him into their salary structure.

Mecca 07-26-2019 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14365326)
Those fines would've been waived immediately upon agreement on a long-term deal.

If they were closer, I'm betting he'd have stayed away until it was finalized. By reporting, I think he gives quite a bit of credibility to his 'threat' of just playing out the season and getting into FA.

Veach really does need to get a deal done with one of these 2 pending FAs to clear up that franchise tag. If nothing else, it allows them to tag/trade Jones even if they decide they can't fit him into their salary structure.

Tag and trade may be the likely end of this to be honest.

DJ's left nut 07-26-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14365237)
Another highly insightful post-thing from Mr. Detoxing.

The horizontal game is the secret sauce to this offense. A defense simply cannot cover every square inch of a football field with 11 dudes. Especially when those 11 dudes are exhausted as a laser-tag cat by the mid-3rd.

The way I see it, the plan is probably to give Hardman a dual role. Threaten with the vertical and destroy with the jet.

FAX

And Mahomes is uniquely well suited to run it.

You give most quarterbacks these weapons and defenses still don't have to cover everywhere the WR can get to because the QB can't get the ball there. But there's just not a throw that Mahomes can't make.

There's a looooooot of green out there and the limiting factor tends to be the QBs ability to get the ball to it. There's about 5,800 square yards of space out there and Mahomes can fire the ball into about 4,000 square yards of it from the goalline. Literally every square inch of that field is open for business on a simple touchback.

When you have that much space to work with, having guys that can get simply outrun people to a spot is damn near impossible to stop.