ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Shared fences and eminent domain (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315439)

007 05-03-2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 14950777)

Let your fire pit light then on fire.

displacedinMN 05-03-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14950790)
Let your fire pit light then on fire.

Yup...

Eureka 05-04-2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Simple solution. Just uproot the trees you put in and use them elsewhere. The trees your neighbor put in looks like they'll eventually be a better barrier. You'll also have more yard/space for your fire pit.

Can your trees be used past the shed?

displacedinMN 05-04-2020 01:31 PM

no. My property line is the difference in grass color between my pit and the garden. Not far right than the last tree.
I just wanted a view.

Dartgod 05-04-2020 02:33 PM

I'm not sure what is different other than 4 new trees on your property? And what is Arbor Vite?

SuperBowl4 05-04-2020 02:39 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. Just cut it back what hangs on your side.

DaFace 05-04-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 14952673)
I'm not sure what is different other than 4 new trees on your property? And what is Arbor Vite?

Arborvitae is the species of tree (the "evergreen" trees). He planted the four trees, and his neighbor planted the row of evergreens only a few feet away.

I think I'd just pull up the four new trees, consider it a victory, and let your neighbor deal with the maintenance.

Dartgod 05-04-2020 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14952717)
Arborvitae is the species of tree (the "evergreen" trees). He planted the four trees, and his neighbor planted the row of evergreens only a few feet away.

I think I'd just pull up the four new trees, consider it a victory, and let your neighbor deal with the maintenance.

Ahhh, I get it. I thought the greener trees in that pic were the same ones as these from June last year. I see what he did now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 14309867)

candyman 05-04-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

What's his wife look like?

displacedinMN 05-04-2020 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 14952846)
What's his wife look like?

worse than the trees

arborvitae-yeah, that's it. Stress kills brain cells

srvy 05-04-2020 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14952717)

Yeah those things grow tall and fast. They will stunt and choke sunlight from those deciduous trees. What I have found is its hard to grow grass under and if you trim up from ground high it still kills grass because of acidity in soil.

They do make good natural sound barriers and windbreaks. DOTs used to plant along the right of way adjacent to housing additions to deaden noise. They would do damage to the Right of way fencing when hey died and fell so now they just build sound walls.

cooper barrett 05-11-2020 11:39 AM

Bamboo is a great plant to introduce to unliked neighbor's property line, just dig a trench and install barrier on your side of property line.

I prefer Moso Bamboo for THAT SPECIAL neighbor.
It can grow to a height of 25 feet in a little more than three weeks.

https://d3tst8fsytim7l.cloudfront.ne...10/single6.jpg

And it grows like a weed!!!!!

https://previews.123rf.com/images/go...mboo-shoot.jpg

displacedinMN 08-05-2020 07:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Neighbor at it again. He started renting out his RV and has been parking it in the street to be picked up. To maintain it, wash it, show it and exchange it-he is on my yard. Hours at a time-twice a weekend. Also doing the same thing when he loads and unloads his drag race camaro.

I want to tell him he can't be on my yard all the time. Wife says leave it alone.

I say he will keep taking and taking if we do not say something. I don't want him dumping anything on my yard and killing my grass. He has already left oil and grease on the curb and road.

There is no sidewalk. To me-right of way rules do not apply to trespassing. And I cannot plant anything or put up a fence.

Option 2-say nothing and just turn on the sprinklers.

Option 3-Call the city for more code violations. He is up to 4. I've tried to be nice. But I say follow the ****ing rules

GloryDayz 08-05-2020 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 15100604)
Neighbor at it again. He started renting out his RV and has been parking it in the street to be picked up. To maintain it, wash it, show it and exchange it-he is on my yard. Hours at a time-twice a weekend. Also doing the same thing when he loads and unloads his drag race camaro.

I want to tell him he can't be on my yard all the time. Wife says leave it alone.

I say he will keep taking and taking if we do not say something. I don't want him dumping anything on my yard and killing my grass. He has already left oil and grease on the curb and road.

There is no sidewalk. To me-right of way rules do not apply to trespassing. And I cannot plant anything or put up a fence.

Option 2-say nothing and just turn on the sprinklers.

Option 3-Call the city for more code violations. He is up to 4. I've tried to be nice. But I say follow the ****ing rules

Option 2 works.

Another option would be what I do, and (if you can predict when it'll happen) park something, anything, right where he'd park the trailer. Dare hime to move it. Even just a "children at play" thing.

http://www.unoclean.com/Janitorial-S...ety-Signal.jpg

Or, when he does it, park your cars in front of his house. He should be able to take the hint.

But I do like the sprinkler idea. You know, since the relationship is trash anyway...

Iowanian 08-05-2020 08:24 AM

I'm going to be honest.

Unless the guy is a prick and you have a reason to dislike him, I'm not exactly certain why this pisses you off. Just be nice to them Walt Kowalski.

displacedinMN 08-05-2020 08:29 AM

I have tried. But he has proven time and time again he does not have common courtesy for others property and thoughts. Especially mine.

Like I said. There are rules/codes/courtesy.

Another option-take my rider and mow both sides of my trees.

GloryDayz 08-05-2020 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 15100672)
I'm going to be honest.

Unless the guy is a prick and you have a reason to dislike him, I'm not exactly certain why this pisses you off. Just be nice to them Walt Kowalski.

I'm not lost on your point, but there are always those neighbors who see nothing wrong with parking in front of your house instead of their own. I had that neighbor, and it's really a "WTF" moment. Now if they're having a party and people need a place to part, fine, we're all cool, we all do it when we have guests, but when you want to part on the street, at least start with psrking in front of your own house.

But, again, I'm not lost on your point.

Iowanian 08-05-2020 08:39 AM

I've had all kinds of neighbors in the past as well...the old people who want to chat and need favors I enjoy doing for them, the needy old people who aren't grateful, the people that become great friends and influences, the crackheads, and the guy you hate enough you about break your own teeth when you see him.

So glad I moved to the farm....

I neighbor how my neighbors do. Most of my neighbors are welcome to anything I have...need a tool? Go in the shop and grab it. My kids fish your pond, you're welcome to mine. I have a unique place and a lot of people want to take pics there, tonight a neighbor's daughter is doing her senior pics at my place, and they're welcome to use my UTV to roam around.....because that's how they are for my family.

I do have one, a wanna be deer pro, who put elevated cattle panels and cut cedars and drug them in front of the places deer cross from that farm into mine.....well, I wouldn't offer him a cup of piss for any purpose but to dump on his own grave.

The older I get, the more I'd rather just get a long if I can...Life is too short to be pissed off all the time about things that don't matter. That's what I'm learning. If the above neighbor is being a ****, then be a **** back.

displacedinMN 08-05-2020 08:42 AM

at the very least he could have asked. He has never asked about anything.

GloryDayz 08-05-2020 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 15100701)
I've had all kinds of neighbors in the past as well...the old people who want to chat and need favors I enjoy doing for them, the needy old people who aren't grateful, the people that become great friends and influences, the crackheads, and the guy you hate enough you about break your own teeth when you see him.

So glad I moved to the farm....

I neighbor how my neighbors do. Most of my neighbors are welcome to anything I have...need a tool? Go in the shop and grab it. My kids fish your pond, you're welcome to mine. I have a unique place and a lot of people want to take pics there, tonight a neighbor's daughter is doing her senior pics at my place, and they're welcome to use my UTV to roam around.....because that's how they are for my family.

I do have one, a wanna be deer pro, who put elevated cattle panels and cut cedars and drug them in front of the places deer cross from that farm into mine.....well, I wouldn't offer him a cup of piss for any purpose but to dump on his own grave.

The older I get, the more I'd rather just get a long if I can...Life is too short to be pissed off all the time about things that don't matter. That's what I'm learning. If the above neighbor is being a ****, then be a **** back.

We'd make great neighbors.

displacedinMN 08-05-2020 10:14 AM

At what point should I quit feeling like I am being taken advantage of?

Iowanian 08-05-2020 11:04 AM

Maybe you just need a blowjob?

I guess it's up to you to decide if they're actually impeding your ability to use or enjoy your own property. If they're occasionally parking a camper in front of your empty lot and standing on your grass sometimes and that's the extent, if I'm your friend, I'm telling you you're being too uptight.

If there is more to it, they're rude, they're leaving trash or ruts in your yard that's different.

You're the only one that knows if this is the hill to die on, and it sounds like your wife is subtly telling you that you're overreacting.

Maybe they are the bad guy here, I can't really tell. It just seems like the kind of thing that a guy gets this upset about when there are other stresses that are the real problem. Personally, when I'm upset/pissed off/stressed by say, work....I'm much more likely to blow up or get irrationally annoyed/angry by something small.

Have you had a rational conversation with him before or just the passive aggressive tree plantings etc?

cooper barrett 08-05-2020 11:38 AM

Running an automotive based business out of you home should get him a court ordered cease and desist letter from your homeowners and the city. "A document sent to an individual or business to stop purportedly illegal activity ("cease") and not to restart it ("desist"). The letter may warn that if the recipient does not discontinue specified conduct, or take certain actions, by deadlines set in the letter, that party may be sued".

If that didn't work just tell the police that he dumped his waste tank in the waste water culvert.

displacedinMN 08-05-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 15100935)
Maybe you just need a blowjob?

I guess it's up to you to decide if they're actually impeding your ability to use or enjoy your own property. If they're occasionally parking a camper in front of your empty lot and standing on your grass sometimes and that's the extent, if I'm your friend, I'm telling you you're being too uptight.

If there is more to it, they're rude, they're leaving trash or ruts in your yard that's different.

You're the only one that knows if this is the hill to die on, and it sounds like your wife is subtly telling you that you're overreacting.

Maybe they are the bad guy here, I can't really tell. It just seems like the kind of thing that a guy gets this upset about when there are other stresses that are the real problem. Personally, when I'm upset/pissed off/stressed by say, work....I'm much more likely to blow up or get irrationally annoyed/angry by something small.

Have you had a rational conversation with him before or just the passive aggressive tree plantings etc?

I tried to have a conversation 2 or more years ago. Told him about city codes, and asked him not to take trailers to his back yard because he was driving on my grass. He has a four wheeler. He denied being on my yard even though evidence shows otherwise. That is when the grass was new and barely established.

Then the shed. Then pushing snow on mine and others properties and the street.

Had to put up trees to force him to not fill up his back yard and my view with junk.

Now this. Although minor it is just another checkmark. Waiting for the next thing to happen.

Coop-not really running a business or a shop. Races a car. Loads and unloads it in the street. Some day he is going to bark it and go out the end of his garage. Code also says you can't wash trailers in the street.

Where does it end if I do nothing?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...dbe624340e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...93bcb2ceb4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...12642f22cf.jpg

Valiant 08-05-2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 15100678)
I'm not lost on your point, but there are always those neighbors who see nothing wrong with parking in front of your house instead of their own. I had that neighbor, and it's really a "WTF" moment. Now if they're having a party and people need a place to part, fine, we're all cool, we all do it when we have guests, but when you want to part on the street, at least start with psrking in front of your own house.

But, again, I'm not lost on your point.

We had a neighbor in our cul-de-sac who did that. He also had the most parking. Enough for 9 full size vehicles. He constantly parked in the cul-de-sac. He had 5 vehicles. 3 in the garage, 2 in the street. Never in his driveway. Same with parties, never in driveway.

So glad he moved out a few months ago.

The new people are unusual, kids are wild. But still better so far.

Valiant 08-05-2020 12:48 PM

Unless it is a hoa, I think it is a losing battle that will only take your sanity.

Buy some boulders, strategically place. Buy a cheap truck and park on the street yourself if you want to troll him. He parks there, so he doesn't have it in front of his house.

Iowanian 08-05-2020 03:01 PM

You're gonna do what you're gonna do, but I know if I thought I had a neighbor pecking at me, I'd make things 10x worse just for sport.

Know what you're getting into, but ultimately I'd address it in person when I'm in the mood to be civilized.

srvy 08-05-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 15101308)
You're gonna do what you're gonna do, but I know if I thought I had a neighbor pecking at me, I'd make things 10x worse just for sport.

Know what you're getting into, but ultimately I'd address it in person when I'm in the mood to be civilized.

That above is how I would go about it. Let the neighbor be the first to get nasty and you won't feel as bad when you **** him over.

displacedinMN 08-05-2020 03:34 PM

He will never confront me. He will just continue to take and I have too many cameras for him to do something really stupid.

Bwana 08-05-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 15101367)
He will never confront me. He will just continue to take.

The guy sounds like a real douche bag. As others has stated, I would try to talk to him face to face and make it crystal clear what you want. If he continues and you come down on him, that's not on you. I have had a couple bad neighbors over the years and neither of them are around anymore, I'll just leave it at that.

displacedinMN 08-05-2020 03:41 PM

I know I am getting older. Taking meds for school. Getting harder to adapt. At least I admit my problems.

Bwana 08-05-2020 03:42 PM

One more thing, install a camera(s) in the problem areas to document everything, so it's not just your word against his. I have cameras all over the place around here that record and I can save anything I need to if something weird shows up.

displacedinMN 08-05-2020 03:44 PM

2 in the back yard.

cooper barrett 08-05-2020 05:58 PM

Renting out a camper and or truck as a business is something that would apply. Have a POPO, you teach their kids, ask about renting it.

I also suggest planting Bamboo along the property with a 18" deep barrier on your side of the property plant line.:):):)

https://www.thespruce.com/thmb/1PVK_...2ccd009427.jpg

http://bamboogarden.com/summer-harvest-15_small.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 15101015)
I tried to have a conversation 2 or more years ago. Told him about city codes, and asked him not to take trailers to his back yard because he was driving on my grass. He has a four wheeler. He denied being on my yard even though evidence shows otherwise. That is when the grass was new and barely established.

Then the shed. Then pushing snow on mine and others properties and the street.

Had to put up trees to force him to not fill up his back yard and my view with junk.

Now this. Although minor it is just another checkmark. Waiting for the next thing to happen.

Coop-not really running a business or a shop. Races a car. Loads and unloads it in the street. Some day he is going to bark it and go out the end of his garage. Code also says you can't wash trailers in the street.

Where does it end if I do nothing?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...dbe624340e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...93bcb2ceb4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...12642f22cf.jpg

displacedinMN 06-04-2021 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
. its back.

Still illegally parked.

with adults swimming in the baby pool next to it.

Is Arkansas better than Minnesota?

displacedinMN 06-23-2021 06:29 AM

My neighbors trailer left a yellow streak down the middle of the road https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d33ac72588.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...e91e134a65.jpg

tmax63 06-23-2021 06:35 AM

I guess that's one way to empty the sewage tanks.

Bob Dole 06-23-2021 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 15101373)
The guy sounds like a real douche bag. As others has stated, I would try to talk to him face to face and make it crystal clear what you want. If he continues and you come down on him, that's not on you. I have had a couple bad neighbors over the years and neither of them are around anymore, I'll just leave it at that.

Sometimes your only option is to be a worse neighbor.

ping2000 06-23-2021 09:42 AM

Call Frank Clark and have him park in front of your neighbor's house in his Lambo.

Bwana 06-23-2021 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 15718481)
My neighbors trailer left a yellow streak down the middle of the road https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d33ac72588.jpg

https://media0.giphy.com/media/bDMfo...giphy.gif&ct=g

Cntrygal 06-23-2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13561696)
I have some problematic neighbors that allow a their weed and bush overgrowth to constantly take over the shared fence in my back yard. I trim this shit back multiple times per year and am getting rather sick of it invading my yard. What's really aggravating is that five feet of my yard is on their side of the fence. Unfortunately the fence has been there since before we moved in. It's a battle I'm tired of fighting.

I'm curious what others in similar situations have done. I've tried talking to them before but none of them give a shit since the growth from their weeds is on my side. Not their problem and all that BS.

Picture attached for reference. I don't think antifreeze and aids infected needles will help here. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e22852d074.jpg

I read through the thread, but didn't see where this was totally resolved. Did I miss that post?

I get that you aren't (weren't) concerned with a few feet of land - but aren't (weren't) you paying taxes on it? If yes, and the neighbor wanted to be an asshat - then find out what needs to be done to officially make it his so HIS property tax can go up.

Recently my neighbor started a half-assed project to extend his driveway. So I wandered out to see exactly what he was doing (he had already made a huge trench with their vehicles on my side because neither he or his wife are competent drivers). He excitedly explained his plan to me while I just stared at him. (he planned on taking over 4 feet (wide) of my side yard the entire length of their driveway)

My response went along the lines of: "Well, that's all well and good - but if you do sell the house in a couple years, you'll sure as hell rip this out prior to it getting listed. I damned sure won't be dealing with a property line dispute.

The we just stared at each other until he said that he just thought it would be "fair" if we split the land 50/50. I told him that's not how these things work and he needs to check the survey that he had done when he bought the property. Or... he could go off of our shared fence (mine!) that I had installed after I bought the house (I had the property lines re-verified before the contractor put up the fence).

I've made landscaping that side yard a priority this summer to really make it obvious that I won't be allowing him to park his trailer or any of his other trash there either. His stuff looks like a shitshow...

Gravedigger 06-23-2021 11:13 AM

Chop it all down, kill anything that stands in your way, and reclaim your territory with a flag like your ancestors used to, but you'll likely have to put up the fence again if there's a fence underneath all of that.

Lzen 06-23-2021 12:13 PM

Oh, man, this thread reminds me of why I'm so happy I moved away from neighbors (for the most part). :shake:

srvy 06-23-2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 15718481)

If that is the trailers holding tank call the city or county. He will get a citation and fine and possibly a bigger one through the EPA.

srvy 06-23-2021 02:06 PM

I'd also add he could also get a bill for the cleanup. That's an environmentally hazardous waste.

displacedinMN 06-23-2021 03:09 PM

Had to rent a cleaner. Thinking the city had a good talk with himhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...b72410a714.jpg

TambaBerry 06-23-2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 15719026)
Had to rent a cleaner. Thinking the city had a good talk with himhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...b72410a714.jpg

Hopefully guy got fined out the ass. He sounds like a huge piece of shit

007 06-23-2021 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cntrygal (Post 15718728)
I read through the thread, but didn't see where this was totally resolved. Did I miss that post?

I get that you aren't (weren't) concerned with a few feet of land - but aren't (weren't) you paying taxes on it? If yes, and the neighbor wanted to be an asshat - then find out what needs to be done to officially make it his so HIS property tax can go up.

Recently my neighbor started a half-assed project to extend his driveway. So I wandered out to see exactly what he was doing (he had already made a huge trench with their vehicles on my side because neither he or his wife are competent drivers). He excitedly explained his plan to me while I just stared at him. (he planned on taking over 4 feet (wide) of my side yard the entire length of their driveway)

My response went along the lines of: "Well, that's all well and good - but if you do sell the house in a couple years, you'll sure as hell rip this out prior to it getting listed. I damned sure won't be dealing with a property line dispute.

The we just stared at each other until he said that he just thought it would be "fair" if we split the land 50/50. I told him that's not how these things work and he needs to check the survey that he had done when he bought the property. Or... he could go off of our shared fence (mine!) that I had installed after I bought the house (I had the property lines re-verified before the contractor put up the fence).

I've made landscaping that side yard a priority this summer to really make it obvious that I won't be allowing him to park his trailer or any of his other trash there either. His stuff looks like a shitshow...

Never really got resolved. I just have to keep cutting back their weeds. If course now my other neighbors put up a batting cage and are ruining the shared fence and leaving their balls in my yard when they get through.

stumppy 06-23-2021 09:17 PM

I had a problem with the renters and owner next door. The POS renters ( a few different ones over about a six year period) would not keep their side of the fence trimmed and the scumbag owner wouldn't do any maint. on the p[lace. It had got to the point where there were 3 trees growing into the fence. Each one of them were at least 20 foot tall.

My solution was on the day after the last renter moved out, early that morning, I slipped over the fence with my nice quiet electric chainsaw and dropped all three trees into their backyard. Nobody heard or seen anything. When word got back to the owner that nobody wanted to rent a house with a backyard completely full of fallen trees the asshole finally paid someone to take care of the problem. He seems to be paying a bit more attention to the upkeep nowadays.:D

displacedinMN 06-23-2021 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 15719495)
I had a problem with the renters and owner next door. The POS renters ( a few different ones over about a six year period) would not keep their side of the fence trimmed and the scumbag owner wouldn't do any maint. on the p[lace. It had got to the point where there were 3 trees growing into the fence. Each one of them were at least 20 foot tall.

My solution was on the day after the last renter moved out, early that morning, I slipped over the fence with my nice quiet electric chainsaw and dropped all three trees into their backyard. Nobody heard or seen anything. When word got back to the owner that nobody wanted to rent a house with a backyard completely full of fallen trees the asshole finally paid someone to take care of the problem. He seems to be paying a bit more attention to the upkeep nowadays.:D

Nice job

LittleMeatballNick 06-23-2021 11:20 PM

I have a neighbor who does some wild stuff. Had a firepit in my yard, parks in my yard, has his trash cans on my property line.

I had no issues with any of that, until he comes to me and asks me to get my dogs to use the bathroom on the other side of my yard because they are going "too close to his yard and his house".

After that, I told him to get all of his stuff off the property line, but I'm still trying to find a solution to blocking him from walking into my yard. Thinking about a fence and some privacy bushes to really divide the line and make sure he stops putting these trash cans in my yard and stops walking through it.

J Diddy 06-24-2021 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick (Post 15719541)
I have a neighbor who does some wild stuff. Had a firepit in my yard, parks in my yard, has his trash cans on my property line.

I had no issues with any of that, until he comes to me and asks me to get my dogs to use the bathroom on the other side of my yard because they are going "too close to his yard and his house".

After that, I told him to get all of his stuff off the property line, but I'm still trying to find a solution to blocking him from walking into my yard. Thinking about a fence and some privacy bushes to really divide the line and make sure he stops putting these trash cans in my yard and stops walking through it.

a shotgun?
seriously, he's shitting all over you.

I'd burn down his home, **** and then cook his chickens, shit in his garbage cans, do his sister, then his mother and then his wife and if that didn't work I'd stash and oz of blow on his and rate him out.

No mother****er coming to my piece of earth, disrespecting it and walking away unscathed.

MeaTy The Pimp 06-24-2021 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick (Post 15719541)

You need to knock on his front door, when he answers, drop a deuce on his front porch while maintaining eye contact to establish dominance. Then when he starts to speak, tell him to shut his manpleaser and to respect your property.

displacedinMN 06-24-2021 07:10 AM

#1 rule. Dont be an asshole. What makes people think they can take over others property?

THen why is it so difficult to call out the asshole. My friend the city cop said that is what they do and are here to help take care of that. It helps to be a low end city employee.

R Clark 06-24-2021 07:17 AM

Damn sure glad I live in the middle of a quarter section after reading this thread

DaFace 06-24-2021 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 15719495)

I mean, I'm glad that it worked out for you, but I'd personally be a little hesitant to do that level of property damage. If they found out it was you, they could come after you for full replacement cost, which would be pretty pricey with three established trees.

stumppy 06-24-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15719630)
I mean, I'm glad that it worked out for you, but I'd personally be a little hesitant to do that level of property damage. If they found out it was you, they could come after you for full replacement cost, which would be pretty pricey with three established trees.

When you do something like this you make sure there are no witnesses. They'd let the rest of the yard and fence line get overgrown. The house on the other side of this one was vacant and you couldn't see what I was doing from the street or any other neighboring houses. :evil:

srvy 06-24-2021 11:28 AM

http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/171096...Fish_Story.jpg

Mephistopheles Janx 06-24-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 15719378)
Never really got resolved. I just have to keep cutting back their weeds. If course now my other neighbors put up a batting cage and are ruining the shared fence and leaving their balls in my yard when they get through.

Sounds like you need to move to a place where there is some elbow room. Ever think about rural Missouri? Not crazy rural... about an hour out of KC.

Lots of land and home on the cheap out here.

luv 06-24-2021 11:59 AM

Great question for a real estate attorney. I work for one who handles this type of thing, but Missouri law isn't Kansas law. These types of attorneys are usually hourly based (vs. contingent), and may or may not do free consultations. It would definitely be worth a call to find out, though.

Cntrygal 06-24-2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 15719378)

Years ago, I had a neighbor on the other side with kids. They were constantly throwing things into my yard (to include an unfenced section that they had access too). After several requests for them to pick up their stuff, I started chucking their stuff back into their yard. When that didn't work, I started tossing everything right into the trash. After some new looking toys came up "missing", they started being more careful.

:evil:

srvy 06-24-2021 03:26 PM

I had an instrument operator got a call, his wife told him to come to bale her out of the Cass county jail. I took him straight to the jail waited for him and his wife to come back and run them both home.
She was still mad and cussing a storm all the way till they got home. Well what had happened is she had cats that were killing mice and birds and leaving them on the porch to the back sliding glass door. She would put them in a bag walk around to back corner property behind a shed and dump them into my co-workers yard. She confronted her and she would lie and deny. Well she got photos and a video camera of the dirty work then confronted. Went to the door with the evidence of pictures and had the camera for playback. The woman called her a ****. Then Kaboom knocked the lights out and some teeth. A one-punch dropped to the floor.

She was a tiny petit Country girl but a stick of dynamite. They lost in court had to pay doctors bills and damages. She was told to keep the dead animals on her property and dispose of them properly. They moved within the year lol.

srvy 06-24-2021 03:40 PM

I've been told that courts really get backed up due to property line disputes. One of the reasons the states have chosen to pay fence observers. Most of the counties have done away with the county surveyor. Even Cities have reduced their engineering staffs and just hire a consulting engineer. Their Survey staff is skeleton now mostly just archivists and record section corners and update city network control and benchmarks. They cant do boundary as the state says it's a conflict of interest.

I know I've done my share of boundary disputes usually court-appointed. We don't often seek them out. We are an on-call surveyor for most of the railroads that travel through Kansas and Missouri. That means doing accident scene surveys for lawsuits usually at Railroad x-ings really especially hate those.

Rausch 06-24-2021 05:36 PM

I need to read this whole thing.

I'm the last ****er in my neighborhood not to sell to the school district. They aren't happy about it and want to dig up one whole side of my property to build a wall. If I don't have to, by law, I'm not going to. I'll have to take some pics this weekend...

tyecopeland 06-24-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 15720461)
I need to read this whole thing.

I'm the last ****er in my neighborhood not to sell to the school district. They aren't happy about it and want to dig up one whole side of my property to build a wall. If I don't have to, by law, I'm not going to. I'll have to take some pics this weekend...

The local university and hospital have bought so much land in my neighboring town its not even funny. Three restaurants got torn down this year alone. Two of them were leased so didn't have much to fight. But one was owned and had sworn they were going to not sell. Two other restaurants are in the same boat but the city is almost assuredly going to vote to force them to sell using eminent domain laws.

Shiver Me Timbers 06-24-2021 08:37 PM

growing up in cental kansas-
had a neighbor who had rose bushes growing 3 or 4' into our yard. Scratched my legs every time I ran the mower ( 2 stroke Lawnboy pusher) by them.

I took it upon myself, a wise 15 years old at time, to dump some full strenght "weed-B-gone" on them. Took care of the rose bushes. 1 month later I ended up having to dig up a 5'x12'x4' deep trench, replace the soil and plant new bushes.

displacedinMN 02-06-2023 10:33 AM

Neighbor was pushing snow into my yard again. With his four wheeler which is illegal.
snow from his property and the road

I went out and called him out on it.

I was verbally abused and insulted.

Why am I the asshole when he is trespassing and violating city codes?

I am just calling the police on him from now on.
And serving him with a cease and desist letter.

DenverChief 02-06-2023 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 16790345)
Neighbor was pushing snow into my yard again. With his four wheeler which is illegal.

Or just move somewhere it doesn't snow.

GloryDayz 02-06-2023 11:00 AM

Quote:

Use a trackhoe to push it all back into his driveway. If he resists:

https://i1.wp.com/cashflowwithjoe.co...20%2C292&ssl=1

He'll understand...

displacedinMN 02-06-2023 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 16790400)
Use a trackhoe to push it all back into his driveway. If he resists:

https://i1.wp.com/cashflowwithjoe.co...20%2C292&ssl=1

He'll understand...

If I had access to a tractor, All my snow would be in his yard.

displacedinMN 02-06-2023 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 16790352)
Or just move somewhere it doesn't snow.

Its my house. I will out stay him. if dumbass and fruit cake bitch decide to procreate, they will leave. They dont like the school district.

Peter Gibbons 02-06-2023 11:13 AM

Quote:

I am just calling the police on him from now on. And serving him with a cease and desist letter.

Will that work? I ask because I thought I heard something about them disbanding the police up that way a few years ago. Maybe I got it wrong. Strange.

lawrenceRaider 02-06-2023 11:15 AM

Quote:

Time for you to buy some really nice looking/menacing gun cases and walk them out to your car on the weekly when you head out to run errands.

srvy 02-06-2023 11:23 AM

I don't know the laws in Minnesota but KCMO really has very little on private property. You dont really even have to remove it. If your property abuts a city walkway you must clear it and a path across your driveway in city right of way by law.

If you have a home association I would contact them and ask if he can do that. Then have them make him move it to his property.

displacedinMN 02-06-2023 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 16790440)
I don't know the laws in Minnesota but KCMO really has very little on private property. You dont really even have to remove it. If your property abuts a city walkway you must clear it and a path across your driveway in city right of way by law.

If you have a home association I would contact them and ask if he can do that. Then have them make him move it to his property.

We are not HOA, or have a sidewalk. but fruit cake bitch said "What are we supposed to do with the snow? This is not the Displaced HOA."

I just said You are trespassing and it is a city ordinance.

displacedinMN 02-06-2023 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons (Post 16790429)
Will that work? I ask because I thought I heard something about them disbanding the police up that way a few years ago. Maybe I got it wrong. Strange.

Our suburb is fully staffed. They dont mess around. I know a lot of them.

DenverChief 02-06-2023 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 16790415)
Its my house. I will out stay him. if dumbass and fruit cake bitch decide to procreate, they will leave. They dont like the school district.

:shrug: whatever you are willing to put up with. Personally if I lived in a snowy state with a neighbor dispute over snow that seemed like it would drag on - I would just find a sunny warm state to move to. :D

Pennywise 02-06-2023 12:38 PM

Quote:

I have no concept of this much snow and having to deal with it.

Buehler445 02-06-2023 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 16790415)

Obviously the correct answer is to **** his wife and put a baby in her.

displacedinMN 02-06-2023 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16790568)
Obviously the correct answer is to **** his wife and put a baby in her.

https://media.tenor.com/KQuP-9BJigwA...y-seinfeld.gif