ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV HBO: True Detective (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276034)

Baby Lee 02-17-2014 07:34 PM

I think Rust's girlfriend must have a larger arc to come, as they cast as known a name as Elizabeth Reiser.

Baby Lee 02-17-2014 07:44 PM

http://www.darknessbecomesyou.com/

L.A. Chieffan 02-17-2014 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10438335)
I think Rust's girlfriend must have a larger arc to come, as they cast as known a name as Elizabeth Reiser.

Who

Aries Walker 02-17-2014 10:46 PM

I think Cohle has 'disappeared' because, spurred on by hearing the killer is still alive, he's been on the case this whole time, invisibly deep undercover because he suspects police involvement. And yeah, his storage locker is filled with evidence that he someday plans to present.

I think the Super Twist would be if it was Hart who was the (or a) killer, but I don't think he is. Because it's a clean 180 degrees from the expected, the writers wouldn't be so cliche; his guilt would seem forced, like stunt writing, and that's way below this level. The first person I'd look at is the guy who was mowing the grass at what turned out to apparently be the killer's hideout.

Story-wise, the part that feels out of place is Hart's family. It feels like a subplot given a lot of time, and the whole narrative there feels more standard and expected than the rest of the show.. I am tempted to think that they will play a part in the finale, besides just being illustrative tools to show that Hart's life is falling apart. How, I have no idea.

And all the metaphysical stuff - the fourth dimension being us, the audience, and that we see the actors live their lives over and over - is pretty fascinating. This is a show that transcends television, and even storytelling. (If nothing else, it connects this piece of brilliance with old Cheers reruns and Dazed and Confused, which is mind-blowing in itself.)

If it can keep this level going for another season or two, this show will earn itself a place on the best-ever list.

Simply Red 02-17-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10437401)
Sheeeit. Best episode thus far.

no - four.

Aries Walker 02-17-2014 10:55 PM

Any episode of any series would be hard pressed to beat number four. The tracking shot at the end was the cherry on top.

Simply Red 02-17-2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10438629)
I think Cohle has 'disappeared' because, spurred on by hearing the killer is still alive, he's been on the case this whole time, invisibly deep undercover because he suspects police involvement. And yeah, his storage locker is filled with evidence that he someday plans to present.

I think the Super Twist would be if it was Hart who was the (or a) killer, but I don't think he is. Because it's a clean 180 degrees from the expected, the writers wouldn't be so cliche; his guilt would seem forced, like stunt writing, and that's way below this level. The first person I'd look at is the guy who was mowing the grass at what turned out to apparently be the killer's hideout.

Story-wise, the part that feels out of place is Hart's family. It feels like a subplot given a lot of time, and the whole narrative there feels more standard and expected than the rest of the show.. I am tempted to think that they will play a part in the finale, besides just being illustrative tools to show that Hart's life is falling apart. How, I have no idea.

And all the metaphysical stuff - the fourth dimension being us, the audience, and that we see the actors live their lives over and over - is pretty fascinating. This is a show that transcends television, and even storytelling. (If nothing else, it connects this piece of brilliance with old Cheers reruns and Dazed and Confused, which is mind-blowing in itself.)

If it can keep this level going for another season or two, this show will earn itself a place on the best-ever list.

I really struggle with details quite a bit - I need to rewatch all of them - maybe even several times.

Baby Lee 02-18-2014 01:35 AM

For those who didn't catch it. Lizzie is Maisie.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...samuelsTFG.png

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...640_SY720_.jpg

KC_Connection 02-18-2014 02:03 AM

There's definitely something more to Reverend Tuttle from the first episode. His name comes up a few more times over the investigation (in association to both the religious school and the preacher who I also don't think we've seen the last of).

Tribal Warfare 02-18-2014 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 10437260)
Remind me about this. I vaguely remember it. The show hadn't quite sucked me in yet so I wasn't poring over every detail.

Jay O. Sanders, the person who generalized it as Satanic and is the "face" of the Task Force

ragedogg69 02-18-2014 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10438715)
For those who didn't catch it. Lizzie is Maisie.

Yep. My wife pointed that out. The only interesting character left on the Walking Dead.

rocknrolla 02-18-2014 09:49 AM

I was wondering what they did with Ginger. Did they kill him,and I missed it or are we supposed to just assume that?

allen_kcCard 02-18-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 10438988)
I was wondering what they did with Ginger. Did they kill him,and I missed it or are we supposed to just assume that?

He told Marty that he was wrapped up in a ditch.

Bambi 02-18-2014 12:06 PM

stolen from reedit

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2sb049j.jpg

Bowser 02-18-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10439260)

Damn. Pair that up with that gang rape scene the girls had with their dolls....

keg in kc 02-18-2014 12:27 PM

This is turning into lost, in terms of having to take a microscope to every frame.

SAUTO 02-18-2014 12:32 PM

I think the three way daughter is going to be in the crazy group

KC_Connection 02-18-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10439260)

I suspect Hart's older daughter is probably going to become a victim at some point in the next 3 episodes, but it would still surprise me if he was involved based on what we've seen so far. Still, how do you explain that being there?

rocknrolla 02-18-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 10439137)
He told Marty that he was wrapped up in a ditch.

Thanks, I gotta watch all of these again, and pay more attention.

SPATCH 02-18-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10439482)
I suspect Hart's older daughter is probably going to become a victim at some point in the next 3 episodes, but it would still surprise me if he was involved based on what we've seen so far. Still, how do you explain that being there?

I saw some people saying that the older daughter has displayed classic behaviors associated with being sexually abused as a child (the explicit drawings, the toy sex scene, the sexual exploits as a teen).

One theory that I liked was that the grandfather may have been the one that abused her.

Maybe the grandfather has been involved in the ritualistic sex rites depicted by the girls' dolls? Maybe the little girl witnessed it, or worse, was somehow involved?

KcMizzou 02-18-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 10439484)

I watched the first two episodes again tonight. And yeah, you do pick up on a lot more. (It's almost like a different show.)

I've read a lot of articles about it. (several that were linked here)

I wonder how different the experience will end up between those who have dug into it... and people who just casually watched the show.

Great Expectations 02-18-2014 09:53 PM

Why did Marty shoot the guy? A cop at his level has to understand how important an interview with him could be, emotional or not he is better than that.

KevB 02-18-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 10440512)
Why did Marty shoot the guy? A cop at his level has to understand how important an interview with him could be, emotional or not he is better than that.

It's a pattern of behavior with Marty

mcaj22 02-19-2014 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 10440512)

If you believe in the 5 men/yellow king theory then it's because they knew each other and it was to keep Rust in the dark

BigMeatballDave 02-19-2014 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10438936)
Yep. My wife pointed that out. The only interesting character left on the Walking Dead.

Interesting?

You meant annoying, right.

Michonne is still the most interesting character.

Simply Red 02-19-2014 10:04 AM

I didn't know there'd be all of this hidden fun. This is great.

Bambi 02-19-2014 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10439307)
This is turning into lost, in terms of having to take a microscope to every frame.

LOST was a failure because it never was a story. It never had an ending. It was an interesting premise that got uber popular so the writers just kept patching crap together for 6 years until it just .....ended.

This is different. There is a beginning, a middle and an end. There are 8 episodes, no more...no less.

I think it's going to turn out great.

Bambi 02-19-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 10439484)

I started over last night from episode 1. It's amazing how different you look at it. And it's awesome.

For example I never noticed that in the first frames you see the killer dragging the body to the tree before starting the fire. It's a close up shot. Part of me feels you could screen cap it, put it into photoshop and figure out who the killer is.

It's tempting to try, it's a very close shot.

SAUTO 02-19-2014 12:48 PM

what if marty is in on it and his "in" with the women is like when he gave the prostitute the money and told her to find something else to do

aturnis 02-19-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10437219)
Not to mention, why is he presently showing up to 5 crime scenes over the course of the last month? Rust isn't part of it, IMO, and the theory of going back under deep cover because they know there are PD connections and high profile persons (State officials and people related to high powered people) involved makes a lot more sense.

Clearly, he's still on someone's radar, and pointing guilt towards him is another means to keep him from digging deeper. The detectives try turn Marty's opinion, but he, I believe, knows what Rust is up to, and even mentioned that if they already talked to Rust that Rust was the one sizing them up, not the 2 new detectives working the case now.

Rust's outlook is not his natural inclination about life, but simply a result of the tragedy of his daughter and what he's seen day in and day out. If he truly held such little hope for better, he would never have agreed to being setup numerous times with Maggie's friends, and looking to find purpose or happiness again somehow.

As to what's in his storage- I'd say sensitive material because he's still working the case.

All of this.

GloucesterChief 02-19-2014 06:24 PM

Notice that Rust called the two black detectives company men when he was leaving the interview.

Aries Walker 02-19-2014 07:09 PM

A little piece of me is wondering if one of the interviewing detectives is somehow the guilty party.

GloucesterChief 02-19-2014 07:11 PM

Maybe the older one. The other looks too young.

aturnis 02-19-2014 07:41 PM

I doubt it, but I do think they are working under someone's direction. Those involved likely took notice to Rust's presence at crime scenes and called the dogs on him.

Bowser 02-19-2014 07:49 PM

The writing is so good for this show that Hart's wife could end up being the Yellow King and I would buy it completely.

BigRedChief 02-19-2014 09:30 PM

Hart has to be in on it. He has a pic from his kid on the wall. Maybe he didn't know what it was back then but he certainty does now. He sees the girls arranging dolls in a rape scene.

He's suppose to be a good detective, one of the best. Thats a gigantic hole in the plot if he's not in on it.

Tribal Warfare 02-19-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10442429)
Hart has to be in on it. He has a pic from his kid on the wall. Maybe he didn't know what it was back then but he certainty does now. He sees the girls arranging dolls in a rape scene.

He's suppose to be a good detective, one of the best. Thats a gigantic hole in the plot if he's not in on it

Or total denial of his family situation.

You know the old saying "the most difficult things to solve are the ones closest to home."

KC_Connection 02-20-2014 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10442135)
I doubt it, but I do think they are working under someone's direction. Those involved likely took notice to Rust's presence at crime scenes and called the dogs on him.

I seem to recall Cohle asking how they kept the latest murder out of the papers and whether they had any help from higher ups in doing it.

bowener 02-20-2014 12:54 AM

somebody involved with or a part of the police force is in on all of this. Rust purposely started popping up at crime scenes so that they would question him. He is doing this to see what they know and who is interested in him. His storage locker is full of evidence or found clues to who is really involved. If they exercise a search warrant and find it all, that works out better for him rather than just turning it all over. I doubt Hart is part of it, instead I think they had a real falling out over something in Hart's personal life, maybe a child of his dies or hurts themselves and Rust points out that it is his fault... Idk. Rust quits the force and goes off the grid (just like his dad did), and starts searching for the cult/killer, and eventually brings Hart back into the fold (this may take place after the interviews once Rust has felt the detectives out... (after all Hart says he is getting a read on them not the other way around). Just my two cents at the moment.

KevB 02-20-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10442696)
Or total denial of his family situation.

You know the old saying "the most difficult things to solve are the ones closest to home."

Yep, Cohle has alluded to the detective's curse. The answer is right under your nose.

Bambi 02-20-2014 12:34 PM

I don't know if this is going to amount to anything but I think it's important to note that the 2012 interviews with Cohle and Hart are not happening simultaneously. Cohle is interviewed 5 days before Hart and now we can see in episode 5...he walks out after they accuse him before they even talk to Hart the first time.

Seems strange they would go all out "accusatory" without ever really interviewing Hart.

Like I said maybe it's nothing.

rocknrolla 02-20-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

He's suppose to be a good detective, one of the best. Thats a gigantic hole in the plot if he's not in on it.

In his interviews he has said many times "you miss a lot of things that are right in front of you."

ragedogg69 02-20-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10440812)
Interesting?

You meant annoying, right.

Michonne is still the most interesting character.

yeah i could see annoying. all kids on tv are. she has slowly been turning into a psychopath. I am interested where they will go with it.

KCwolf 02-20-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10442157)
The writing is so good for this show that Hart's wife could end up being the Yellow King and I would buy it completely.

I'm w/ya .... I'm sold .... Hook, Line, Sinker .... Outstanding Series that seems to get better Every week. Looking forward to Sunday's in the off-season Rocks!

Anyong Bluth 02-20-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10442061)
A little piece of me is wondering if one of the interviewing detectives is somehow the guilty party.

The older black detective kinda looks like the detective that pulls Rust off his 2002-2003 interrogation suspect who brings up The Yellow King and subsequently committed suicide.

At least I thought it was him at 1st glance, but he may not be the same dude?

Maybe not, but we're talking about 2002 to now 2013-14

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/21/eny5urev.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/21/y4ahutet.jpg

Rather odd, they called him (Rust) in specifically to question the guy, unless someone was wanting to connect Rust and the suicide by getting them in the same room.

Anyong Bluth 02-20-2014 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10442135)

Agreed, company men as he called them- they're just following orders and given enough information that Rust does look sketchy.

Anyong Bluth 02-20-2014 11:28 PM

Quote:

Look back on here- most people thought it was a crime scene setup with the dolls, and I mentioned it looking like a sexual abuse setup. No one else saw it that way at the time minus myself and maybe 1 other person agreed after I pointed it out.

It's easy to dismiss what's right in front of you as innocuous, but given her behavior now, it's pretty telling she exhibits classic signs of childhood sexual abuse. Risky sexual behavior that is demeaning and void of intimacy, dressing in a manner to subvert typical sexual attraction.

Not to mention the ****ing explicit drawings- One of which definitely depicts a crazy faced man.

Look at the pics, and tell me the 3rd one doesn't resemble something creepier (relatively speaking) !
What's with the face, line along the neck, and strange eyes and mouth?

Definitely looks like some sort of mask or something off to me...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/21/y3y6yje4.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/21/ege4y9u6.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/21/urugemat.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/21/7u9y3u7y.jpg

Anyong Bluth 02-21-2014 08:44 AM

Episode 6 teaser cuts to a pretty out of it young female saying,

"The man with the scars- he made me watch."

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/21/gesevege.jpg

Could this be in reference to the pastor's assistant- the one that served time for child indecency and got clipped in the jailhouse showers.

These characters are really the only that haven't been revisited, and the Pastor (Eli from BE) I believe does have family influence high up in state government.

Church flyer was on yellow paper, the Yellow King is still out there, and his constant moving around, makes for a convenient means to subvert detection always on the go and other than a tiny spiral mark on the victims, very little MO of a serialized killing.

KcMizzou 02-21-2014 08:03 PM

Well, now I've seen every episode twice. Wish I could watch the last 3 tonight.

I thought this was a really great read. No spoilers, just speculation.

Quote:

The answer is there. Have you figured it out?

When you really look at the evidence, it’s obvious. The concept of True Detective‘s “Yellow King” is derived from the Robert W. Chambers’ 1895 short story collection The King in Yellow. It’s often cited as a huge influence on H.P. Lovecraft, and the title refers to both an evil supernatural entity and a two-act play that condemns its readers to insanity. Chambers also writes of a city called Carcosa, which is the dim, lost metropolis where black stars rise; to True Detective writer Nic Pizzolatto, it represents the domain of the Yellow King. From Chambers, we have our demon spirit, and we have our vessel. And before Martin Hart kills Reginald Ledoux in a blind rage for murder and kidnapping and unfathomable evil, the killer has a message for Rust Cohle: “You’re in Carcosa now … with me. He sees you.”

And though the line is omitted in “The Secret Fate of All Life,” Ledoux says in the clip linked above that Cohle, too, is a priest—a messenger for the Yellow King who will visit this place again because time is a “flat circle.” Cohle scoffs, but it’s a piece of philosophy he’ll echo 17 years later in an interrogation room as he stands accused of the same crime for which Ledoux gave his life. It’s a spiritual act of transference; when Ledoux dies, the Yellow King leaves his body and enters Cohle. The actions of the world cycle back upon themselves, and self-determination is an illusion for those who can’t recognize that fate has made them a prisoner. There is no independence. There’s not even death as we know it, just a presence that “created time to grow the things that it would kill.” For people, there’s only rebirth, and forgetting, and repeating. So Cohle becomes a servant to the Yellow King. He murders, and he covers up, and he coerces an armed robber into committing suicide when the man subtly threatens to expose him in an attempt to barter down from a life in prison. And it all began with Ledoux, who was nothing more than a body that had been inhabited; Cohle caught the madman, but he inherited the madness.

Or:

It happens later. The transformation is gradual, not immediate, the way a virus decimates a body. Guy Leonard Francis, the armed robber who confessed to Cohle that he killed two pharmacy workers in Livingston, implies that the Yellow King still lives, which is a thought that has plagued Cohle since his partner murdered Ledoux. Cohle has made every effort to live a normal life, even dating a doctor who is sufficiently attuned to his psychological eccentricities to say things like, “he’s conflict-oriented, so when I deny him small arguments, it builds up his energy.” But his eyes are hollow in the trappings of domesticity, and finally the pretense must fail.

A storm has been gathering in his mind for years, and it’s ready to rain. When he tells his interrogators that “someone once told me time is a flat circle,” we know that that someone is Ledoux himself, and that Cohle has been fixated on his words for 17 years—turning them over in an ongoing, obsessive analysis, and finally arriving at his own interpretation. He is consumed, and at the end of the episode, we see the moment where consumption gives way to seduction. He visits the abandoned school he had nearly entered years before, and in the gloomy interior finds the devil nets that are the sign of the Yellow King. He protects himself with gloves—one last attempt to distance himself from the malignant spirit that has been his destiny—but when he holds one up to a shaft of sunlight streaming through the window, he is enraptured. His soul is forfeit, his soul is transformed. He is a priest for the Yellow King.

Or:

Cohle meets Guy Leonard Francis in 2002, and knows by his use of the words “the yellow king” that this is no false offering. Ledoux is dead, but Ledoux was not at the top of the hierarchy. The man who turned him into a vessel is still alive and unaccounted for, and he is still killing. Cohle quits his job (or gets fired?), and either begins the hunt for the Yellow King, or attempts to flee.

But if escape is his first plan, it fails. He returns to Louisiana in 2010 having tracked the truth like he tracked Ledoux, beginning in the abandoned schoolhouse. He kills Reverend Billy Lee Tuttle, the man we see momentarily in episode two, who is cousin to the governor of Louisiana and who lobbies for the creation of a special task force to prosecute “anti-Christian crimes,” but is intricately involved in the murders. It is the latest act of vengeance for Cohle, who has made it his life’s mission to root out the infiltration of the Yellow King and eliminate the network, one by one. And he’s working as a vigilante, which is his purest version of self. Everything he tells the detectives interrogating him, from his alcoholism to his dark philosophies to his whereabouts in the past ten years, is sewn with deception to throw them off his trail. He knows they can’t be counted on to help; as he leaves, he hits them with the worst insult possible: “Company men.” He only came in to see their new information, but the thin file they hand him pales in comparison to his years of lonely hunting.

Or:

Martin Hart is the Yellow King. There are signs we’d be fools to ignore. His daughter, from the time she’s young, has dark sexual inclinations and an anger toward her father that hint at some form of abuse, and which Pizzolatto wouldn’t show us if it didn’t have a point. Hart was also the one, in episode two, who stopped Cohle from entering the abandoned school at the last possible moment when information came back on Reggie Ledoux’s past. Crucially, we never heard that information except from Hart’s mouth; he was giving up details on Ledoux to keep Cohle away from the school, which was part of Tuttle’s ministries and which was strewn with devil nets and other evidence of the killer.

When the pair finally caught up to Ledoux, Hart made sure to kill him before he could find his verbal way beyond apocalyptic poetry to reveal the identity of the Yellow King. He disguises the act as righteous rage, but it’s nothing more than an execution and a silencing. And in 2012, he slowly allows the new detectives to win him over with their case against Cohle. He’s nearing some ultimate coup, and the murders were an attempt to curb his existential fatigue; to refute the truth that the good days are a myth and the future has always been behind him. Hart—another name for “deer,” incidentally—is the yellow-haired malevolence that has worked its sinuous way through the refineries and bayous and cane fields of his own hellish Carcosa.

Or:

None of the above. We’re caught in a masterpiece, and “The Secrete Fate of All Life” was to speculation what the acorn is to the oak; both fruit and seed. In a breathless hour, we witnessed the subversion of a standard drama; first the climax, then the resolution, and then the mystery. It was riveting story, and beautiful imagery, and philosophical horror. We had our answers, only to realize we weren’t asking the right (****ing) questions. And unlike shows that rip the rug from under our feet with cheap reversals, this is one that leads us into newer, richer chambers without defiling the passageways that conveyed us. As we go deeper into the caverns, the show’s few remaining detractors will find less and less solace in their favorite hobbyhorses, which have been been left in shadow by the sheer absorbing magnitude of a project that has only itself to exceed.

And does.

So:

Have you ever watched a one-hour episode of television that felt like four, and was still too short? Have you ever been overjoyed to realize you’ll know everything in three short weeks? And has that same fact, for a passing moment, almost broken your heart?
http://www.pastemagazine.com/article...-all-life.html

Bowser 02-21-2014 09:23 PM

Great read. I'd say that covers most of the angles to this point. WH knows what's going to happen in the next three weeks, though?

Bambi 02-22-2014 03:16 AM

The answer is in the promotional poster.

This show is making a push to be the greatest TV event of all time.

http://store.hbo.com/imgcache/produc...&s=catl&sn=hbo

Anyong Bluth 02-22-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10446419)
The answer is in the promotional poster.

This show is making a push to be the greatest TV event of all time.

http://store.hbo.com/imgcache/produc...&s=catl&sn=hbo

So do we have a False Detective... ?

Anyong Bluth 02-22-2014 04:37 PM

Spaghetti haired man with green ears...

Spoiler!

Tribal Warfare 02-22-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10447187)
So do we have a False Detective... ?

Touch the Darkness

Anyong Bluth 02-22-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10447258)
Touch the Darkness

Well, only because you asked nicely.

Brock 02-22-2014 06:53 PM

As unlikely as it still seems to me, the fingerpointing at marty is starting to make sense.

Anyong Bluth 02-22-2014 06:59 PM

...and so it has begun. The buzz has really taken off for the show over the past 2 & 1/2 weeks.

The wild speculation as to who will replace the the dynamic duo of Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey for next season all over Twitter.

#TrueDetectiveSeason2

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/23/7azu6e4y.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/23/gujeze2y.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/23/me8areje.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/23/enery7a6.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/23/aje8a2y3.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/23/yje6u8em.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/23/7upuhe2e.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/23/u8evy2a7.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/23/nureme4e.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/23/mu3uzyhy.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/23/ge8ujera.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/23/jy3e4upy.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/23/ery3eha8.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/23/du7equza.jpg

This, of course, would be my top choice:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/23/epa9atuq.jpg

Sure-Oz 02-23-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 10447897)
I don't think Marty will be in on it. I can easily believe that it will involve his father-in-law and daughter somehow, and he was blind to it. Pizzolatto was a staff writer on the Killing, and they had the cop as the killer on that show, so it would seem a little worn for him to do the same thing here.

The Killing spoiler ouch...

aturnis 02-23-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10447498)
As unlikely as it still seems to me, the fingerpointing at marty is starting to make sense.

Doubt it. Something I keep thinking back to Marty saying about his family is "just like a detective on a case, the answer was right under my nose the whole time." Thinking maybe this alludes to his daughters drawings, behavior, and the possibility of the grandfather.

bowener 02-23-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10444412)
Look back on here- most people thought it was a crime scene setup with the dolls, and I mentioned it looking like a sexual abuse setup. No one else saw it that way at the time minus myself and maybe 1 other person agreed after I pointed it out.

It's easy to dismiss what's right in front of you as innocuous, but given her behavior now, it's pretty telling she exhibits classic signs of childhood sexual abuse. Risky sexual behavior that is demeaning and void of intimacy, dressing in a manner to subvert typical sexual attraction.

Not to mention the ****ing explicit drawings- One of which definitely depicts a crazy faced man.

Look at the pics, and tell me the 3rd one doesn't resemble something creepier (relatively speaking) !
What's with the face, line along the neck, and strange eyes and mouth?

Definitely looks like some sort of mask or something off to me...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/21/y3y6yje4.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/21/ege4y9u6.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/21/urugemat.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/21/7u9y3u7y.jpg

This has been all over reddit since that episode ended. If you haven't been on there (I am guessing you have), you should definitely go there.

Anyong Bluth 02-23-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10448786)
This has been all over reddit since that episode ended. If you haven't been on there (I am guessing you have), you should definitely go there.

Nope, haven't gotten into Reddit yet.

Simply Red 02-23-2014 05:18 PM

Let's do this shit.

bowener 02-23-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10448882)

Here

BigRedChief 02-23-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10448882)

Dude, geeezz get with the program. One of the best sites going. Set up what catagories you want to see and then the community puts the best to the top so you don't have to search. Get on Chive too.

Bambi 02-23-2014 07:12 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If Rust Cohle&#39;s head splits open and a UFO should fly out, I want you to have expected it. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23truedetective&amp;src=hash">#truedetective</a></p>&mdash; Jason Spangler (@Wickedson_TTMIA) <a href="https://twitter.com/Wickedson_TTMIA/statuses/437756109684613122">February 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Simply Red 02-23-2014 08:50 PM

Oh boy. My. Well uh - nice porn tonight.

KcMizzou 02-23-2014 09:07 PM

God damn. Marty's wife. :shake:

Bambi 02-23-2014 09:19 PM

****ing killed it….again

Might just give up tv after this show ends.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhMPS7vCMAAxW3y.jpg

GloucesterChief 02-23-2014 09:36 PM

I think we can rule out Theriot as part of the group.

It looks like the group took action against him by first burning down his church then vandalizing his revival tents twice. By 2002 he is a burned out alcoholic wreck of a man. Just like Rust pretends to be.

aturnis 02-23-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10449415)
Oh boy. My. Well uh - nice porn tonight.

Nice indeed.

Carlota69 02-23-2014 11:30 PM

Interesting theory about Maggie coming over to see what Rust is up to to possibly protect her dad? And ****ed Rust to severe the relationship with Hart?

The way this show is going, wouldn't surprise me if she is evil is some way.

Carlota69 02-23-2014 11:46 PM

Why did the Major call Hart a Tampon? Is that in reference to the boxes of tampons Hart bought, and if so, how did he know?

keg in kc 02-24-2014 01:07 AM

I don't think they could've done that any better than they did.

bowener 02-24-2014 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 10449777)
Why did the Major call Hart a Tampon? Is that in reference to the boxes of tampons Hart bought, and if so, how did he know?

That went a bit over your head... He is a tampon because he is constantly inserting himself into vaginas. It is a pretty easy thing to spot when somebody you work with everyday starts showing up in the same clothes and tired all the time.

Tribal Warfare 02-24-2014 03:16 AM

Tuttle and his Governor brother is definitely in on it. With the special task force asking for notes on the Yellow King case.

WilliamTheIrish 02-24-2014 09:56 AM

I wonder if the young woman whom Hart "saved" from the prostitute farm has a greater role than just banging Marty and being the catalyst for the breakup of his marriage?

Bambi 02-24-2014 11:16 AM

http://photos.vanityfair.com/2014/02...-taillight.jpg

WilliamTheIrish 02-24-2014 11:31 AM

What am I missing there, Wicked?

Carlota69 02-24-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10449850)
That went a bit over your head... He is a tampon because he is constantly inserting himself into vaginas. It is a pretty easy thing to spot when somebody you work with everyday starts showing up in the same clothes and tired all the time.

Ok, so then why highlight the fact that he bought 3 boxes of tampons? They made a point of showing us the tampons a couple of times.

Bambi 02-24-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10450393)
What am I missing there, Wicked?

Cohle has never got his taillight fixed from the fight he had with Hart back in 2002.

That's the shot of his truck in 2012 after he asks Hart to "buy me a beer".

Great little detail.