ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Sell me on Mike Glennon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267830)

Old Dog 12-31-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9259442)
Geno does too...oh wait that's Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey getting 75% of his yards from YAC.

Lemme guess, Montana and Young weren't good QBs because many of their throws were slants to Jerry Rice. correct?

Molitoth 12-31-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9260176)
Lemme guess, Montana and Young weren't good QBs because many of their throws were slants to Jerry Rice. correct?

I was going to bring up the same thing.

Jerry Rice on the slant led to much YAC.

Montana and Young were actually just terrible. :rolleyes:

Mr. Kotter 12-31-2012 02:54 PM

If he's still around after the first day....maybe. Otherwise...meh.

Sorter 12-31-2012 03:10 PM

Yay for Glennon! Nice work today!!

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/181i...gif/medium.gif

RealSNR 12-31-2012 03:33 PM

Where the Glennon fanboys at?

BlackBob? Don't tell me I have to teabag RunKC

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/picture/h...sticteabag.gif

SAUTO 12-31-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9259841)
Hot damn, wasn't aware a pass or 2 can demote a guy so much in your opinion. Since there are no perfect QB's all QB's fail in your opinion, right ?

This place is so cynical, how can one even comprehend the multitude of complex brain scholars.

what the **** you talking about?

if you missed two of the int's how many other passes did you miss

So you shouldn't say EVERYTHING looked solid except the int's
Posted via Mobile Device

ROYC75 12-31-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9260727)
what the **** you talking about?

if you missed two of the int's how many other passes did you miss

So you shouldn't say EVERYTHING looked solid except the int's
Posted via Mobile Device

You are just off your game today, aren't you. Either that or I'm giving you too much credit here.

Gravedigger 12-31-2012 04:17 PM

People saying that Mike Glennon is worth the #1 pick, yet Geno isn't are just trolling. You cannot be that idiotic... its just not possible.

Molitoth 12-31-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

You cannot be that idiotic... its just not possible.
No, the majority of chiefs fans are idiots. It's sad really.

SAUTO 12-31-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9260795)
You are just off your game today, aren't you. Either that or I'm giving you too much credit here.

I think it's you.

I'll go get the post
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 12-31-2012 04:20 PM

Joe Flacco watched this game and went "Holy shit, I didn't even look that bad in my first playoff games against real NFL teams like Pittsburgh and Tennessee."

SAUTO 12-31-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9259443)
Aside of the 3 INT's, everything else he has done has been solid. I have only seen 1 INT, the last one that was under thrown, can not comment on the previous 2, he just under threw the one in the end zone. He has hit many WR's in the 3's and came away with nothing due to drops.

A kid with solid tools, ( footwork is solid, arm solid, not over powering, his lone mechanical problem is his long wind up delivery, not compact at all )a project that has career back up all over it unless a good QB coach can get more out of him.

So. He threw three int's you saw one of them.

But aside from the three int's of which you missed two EVERYTHING else looked solid
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 12-31-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9260864)

But aside from the three int's of which you missed two EVERYTHING else looked solid
Posted via Mobile Device

That is Pioli-esque timing there. Maybe Pioli just missed all of Cassel and everyone else he brought in bad plays?ROFL

SAUTO 12-31-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9260885)
That is Pioli-esque timing there. Maybe Pioli just missed all of Cassel and everyone else he brought in bad plays?ROFL

I'm glad someone understands me here.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 12-31-2012 04:33 PM

And how many other plays did the guy miss?
Maybe saw that what you caught while watching looked solid. Which could conceivably be a third of the game.

Don't say everything.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 12-31-2012 04:33 PM

Wouldn't give a bag o dicks for him.

SAUTO 12-31-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9260909)
Wouldn't give a bag o dicks for him.

Me either and I'm not a fan of dicks. Well except my own
Posted via Mobile Device

Molitoth 12-31-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9260885)

It's the same logic these fools are using when they tuned into the Pinstripe bowl the other day and assume Geno Smith sucks.

He's got multiple seasons of tape kicking ass, yet he's judged on the couple of games he didn't live up to expectations as the other games....

May as well draft Te'o or Starr.

RealSNR 12-31-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9260914)
Me either and I'm not a fan of dicks. Well except my own
Posted via Mobile Device

You have multiple dicks? How do your pants fit?

Like a glove.

*badum cha*

Pasta Little Brioni 12-31-2012 04:36 PM

SAUTO has penii??

silver5liter 12-31-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9260864)

Posted via Mobile Device

And his footwork is terrible. That's his biggest knock. He floated all of his ints today and looked like a bag of crap. Give geno that o line and the conditions emu got today and he would have tore it up

SAUTO 12-31-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9260956)
And his footwork is terrible. That's his biggest knock. He floated all of his ints today and looked like a bag of crap. Give geno that o line and the conditions emu got today and he would have tore it up

And he has a long slow stroke, has a little too much jerk to it to fit my liking
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious 12-31-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9260997)
And he has a long slow stroke, has a little too much jerk to it to fit my liking
Posted via Mobile Device

......ROFL!

silver5liter 12-31-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9260997)
Posted via Mobile Device

He can jerk it with the best of them.

Death2CasselFans 12-31-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9261011)
He can jerk it with the best of them.

http://kaszpir.hlds.pl/shhhh/fap.gif

Nightfyre 12-31-2012 06:07 PM

Glennon is in my top ten....

of draft-eligible quarterbacks in 2013 at #9 on my QB big board. Right behind another guy who is all tools and needs a complete mechanical overhaul: Logan Thomas.

RunKC 12-31-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9259451)
RunKC, I've asked you this many times...in different threads. You havent responded...

What is your opinion on what we should do? Tell me your GM, HC and QB. Prove your worth.

I like Tyler Wilson the most out of any QB in this class. I wouldn't mind Geno or Barkley if he's in the right system with the right HC, but they have their flaws too.

I want a HC who has proven his offensive abilities. Mike McCoy, Andy Reid or Chip Kelly would be my favorites.

RunKC 01-01-2013 10:30 PM

Well here is NFLDraftCountdown's scouting report on him.

Mike Glennon
Height: 6-6 | Weight: 232 | 40-Time: 5.10

Official Bio

Strengths:
• Outstanding height with a large projectable frame
• Fantastic arm strength and can make all the throws
• Can fit ball into tight spots but also varies speeds
• Is able to stretch the field vertically with deep ball
• Clean delivery / release and throws a pretty spiral
• Used to working under center in a pro style system
• Vision to scan the field and go through progressions
• Decent touch, timing and accuracy when given time
• Able to get rid of the ball while draped by defenders
• Durable with terrific physical and mental toughness
• Mature and intelligent with a very good work ethic
• Developing talent still offers considerable upside

Weaknesses:
• Doesn't handle pressure well at all and lacks poise
• Poor pocket presence and holds onto ball too long
• Footwork, mechanics and accuracy are inconsistent
• Gets careless with the ball and makes bad decisions
• Has too much confidence in arm and will take chances
• Extreme lack of mobility and is essentially a statue
• Struggles mightily to throw on the run when flushed
• Ability to rally team and be a leader of men in doubt
• Relatively inexperienced with questionable instincts

Injury History:
• None of Consequence

Notes:
A two-year starter for the Wolfpack --- Served as the backup to Russell Wilson of the Seattle Seahawks early in college career --- Brother Sean played quarterback at Virginia Tech (2004-08) --- Was a highly-touted prep All-American and coveted recruit --- One of the most prolific signal callers in North Carolina State history, ranking at or near the top of the program record book in almost every career and single-season passing category --- The first NC State quarterback to throw for 30 touchdowns or more in two different seasons and joins Tajh Boyd of Clemson as the only players in ACC history to accomplish that feat --- Graduated with two degrees, a Bachelor's in Business Management and a Master of Arts in Liberal Studies --- Was not surrounded by a particularly talented supporting cast and often dealt with protection issues, drops, etc. that were at least in part to blame for ups and downs --- Worked as a counselor at the Manning Passing Academy prior to senior season and elicited raves from onlookers during throwing sessions --- Classic pocket passer with all the physical tools to be a high level starter at the next level and majority of flaws are correctable --- Looks like a first round pick one moment then a late rounder the next and consistency will be absolutely vital to maximizing vast potential --- Boom or Bust .

NFL Player Comparison: Joe Flacco

Career Statistics
Year GP COMP ATT YDS COMP % TD INT
2008 RS - - - - - -
2009 7 24 39 248 61.5% 1 2
2010 3 9 13 78 69.2% 0 0
2011 13 283 453 3,054 62.5% 31 12
2012 13 330 564 4,031 58.5% 31 17
Totals 36 646 1,069 7,411 60.4% 63 31

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...ke-Glennon.php

buddha 01-01-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9224180)
Right now I don't see anything about the guy that I like.

I haven't watched any more than about 2 minutes of live game footage. I've seen a bunch of highlights of his throws on youtube.

I want to like the guy. I want him to be good so people will stop bitching about how supposedly terrible this year's QB class is, but every time I watch something of his, I get turned off. He's 2nd round material at best to me that will (possibly) get taken in the top 10? Some people even have him as the top QB off the board?

That's pure insanity to me.

Tell me/show me stuff about Mike Glennon that will change my mind. I promise to withhold all preconceived notions about the guy in this thread for the purposes of trying to like him.

Based on the stuff I have watched so far, no. He's NOT better than Geno Smith, and he won't ever be. But I'm tired of shitting on him when everybody is talking him up as potentially a good pro QB.

I'm not going to sell you on him because I don't think he's very good. What he showed during the bowl game is what I think he is...overrated and nervous.

Exoter175 01-02-2013 12:02 AM

Weaknesses:
• Doesn't handle pressure well at all and lacks poise

Neeeeext

BossChief 01-02-2013 12:06 AM

That scouting report reads like a homeless mans Bledsoe.

Exoter175 01-02-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9266839)
That scouting report reads like a homeless mans Bledsoe.

At least Bledsoe got to a super Bowl in the 1996 season :/

Deberg_1990 01-02-2013 12:41 AM

Sounds like Cassel with a better arm.

RunKC 01-02-2013 10:50 AM

Here's a selling point.

Geno Smith played 6 defenses in the top 50 and had a record of 1-5.

Mike Glennon played 5 defenses in the top 50 and had a 3-2 record, including beating the best defense in the entire country (Florida State) while putting up a 7 TD/7 INT ratio with an offense worse than Geno's.

Before the bowl game, Glennon had 6 TD's to 4 INT's against those top teams.

HolyHat 01-02-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9267827)
Here's a selling point.

Mike Glennon played 5 defenses in the top 50 and had a 3-2 record, including beating the best defense in the entire country (Florida State) while putting up a 7 TD/7 INT ratio with an offense worse than Geno's.

Out of those 5 losses the only 1 you can really "blame" on Geno was the K-State game. WVU was out coached in that game.

You are so quick to throw Geno under the bus, but I think you forget how bad WVUs defense was this year. Without Geno WVU finishes dead last in the Big 12

silver5liter 01-02-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9267827)
Here's a selling point.

Before the bowl game, Glennon had 6 TD's to 4 INT's against those top teams.

What's genos Td int ratio in those games?

HolyHat 01-02-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9267919)
What's genos Td int ratio in those games?

TDs 11
INTs 5

He threw 6 ints all year, 5 of them in the losses. So that proves my point on how much this WVU team depended on him. Without Geno, WVU and KU have a turd fight at the bottom.

HolyHat 01-02-2013 11:16 AM

When Glennon is bad, he's real bad. He threw 17 ints this year

RunKC 01-02-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9267966)
When Glennon is bad, he's real bad. He threw 17 ints this year

Just stop with this nonsense. Geno throws bubble screens and quick out passes 80% of the time of course teams won't pick those passes off.

silver5liter 01-02-2013 12:34 PM

If you seriously think that, you havent watched any wvu games other than the pinstripe bowl and should probably just sit this one out.

HolyHat 01-02-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9268353)
If you seriously think that, you havent watched any wvu games other than the pinstripe bowl and should probably just sit this one out.

Exactly. Geno does throw a lot of screens and quick outs, but he also throws crazy deep balls on the money. Have you watched any of his games? The kid can make EVERY single throw a good QB needs to make. He throws fade passes into the endzone better than a lot of pros.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9268312)
Just stop with this nonsense. Geno throws bubble screens and quick out passes 80% of the time of course teams won't pick those passes off.

I respect everyones opinion, even yours. But you have got to do more homework on Geno before you say things like this.

RunKC 01-02-2013 12:48 PM

Selling point number 2 on Mike Glennon: beating the best defense in the entire country.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7QXPb3WoNvI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Down 16-3 in the 4th quarter and throwing 2 TD's to beat the best defense in the country.
Threw game winning TD on 4th down with 16 seconds left in the game.

This is the most impressive thing any QB in this class has done all season long.

Reaper16 01-02-2013 12:49 PM

Does anyone really think that FSU's defense is the best in the country? C'mon.

BigBeauford 01-02-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9268423)
Selling point number 2 on Mike Glennon: beating the best defense in the entire country.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7QXPb3WoNvI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Down 16-3 in the 4th quarter and throwing 2 TD's to beat the best defense in the country.

This is the most impressive thing any QB in this class has done all season long.

Well I had to turn it off just after he threw the interception after the two minute mark in the video. I'm sure he may have made good plays later in the video, but man he made some REALLY bad throws to start off in that video. I can also see a hitch in the throw that is causing more float on his passes than neccessary, which is something a guy at 6'6 shouldn't have to do.

HolyHat 01-02-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Geno beat the #1 and #2 defense in college football last year.

RunKC 01-02-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9268429)
Does anyone really think that FSU's defense is the best in the country? C'mon.

FSU is statistically ranked the 2nd best defense in the country behind Alabama.

Bjoern Werner (top 5 projected NFL draft pick) and Tank Carradine gave FSU the best pass rush of any team. Both had 10+ sacks.

Everette Dawkins is one of the best run stoppers in the draft this year.

Xavier Rhodes is said to be the 2nd best talent CB in the draft and is expected to be taken in the first round.

They also have a couple more younger guys who are going to be high draft picks in the future.

Um yeah they are the best this year.

RunKC 01-02-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9268450)
Geno beat the #1 and #2 defense in college football last year.

Clemson? Maryland?

Do I have that right?

HolyHat 01-02-2013 01:10 PM

I believe it was LSU and Clemson, I could be wrong. I'll ask Siri and see what she thinks.

duncan_idaho 01-02-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Things I learned about Glennon watching this highlight tape:

1) He's really good at throwing crossing routes to guys that have a step on their defender
2) He checks down a LOT
3) He's not very mobile (though he can throw a bit when on the move)
4) He makes a lot of risky throws

I didn't see any WOWing throws on that highlight tape.

O.city 01-02-2013 01:51 PM

Geno put up 49 against a top 10 ranked passing defense this year. But who cares, I've been told that drafting a QB in the top 5 is WAy to risky and we can only draft sure fire HOF'ers that high.

Austin Ed 01-02-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9224207)
He's white. So therefor he is not Vince Young.

He's white and can actually throw a football with some degree of accuracy. Therefore, he is not Vince Young.

RunKC 01-19-2013 06:01 PM

More selling points on Mike Glennon.

-Has 2 years experience in a pro style WCO.
-All ACC Academic team. Kid is really smart. Graduated in 3 years and is working on his masters. Never dropped a class.
-Very good in the intermediate throws.
-Can make good throws downfield.
-Goes through progressions almost every play.
-Reads defenses well and can fool DB's with his eyes.
-Very strong arm. Not elite, but 2nd tier like Joe Flacco.

Watch this Clemson (63rd ranked D, 1 higher than OU) game to get another great look at his abilities.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ObunrSCZiTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like I said before, his accuracy problems are a mirage. In previous threads, it was noted that his receivers dropped 12 passes in the NC and Maryland game. In this Clemson game, his WR's dropped 5 balls that should have been easy catches. If those 17 passes were caught, like they should have been, his completion % is 61.5.

And yes he does check down a lot, but I don't blame him. His WR's suck ass and get no separation while his OL is getting beat constantly.

Hammock Parties 01-19-2013 06:02 PM

When was the last time some dipshit came out of college with a 58.5 percent completion percentage and was a good NFL QB?

Bewbies 01-19-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9333636)
More selling points on Mike Glennon.

-Has 2 years experience in a pro style WCO.
-All ACC Academic team. Kid is really smart. Graduated in 3 years and is working on his masters. Never dropped a class.
-Very good in the intermediate throws.
-Can make good throws downfield.
-Goes through progressions almost every play.
-Reads defenses well and can fool DB's with his eyes.
-Very strong arm. Not elite, but 2nd tier like Joe Flacco.

Watch this Clemson (63rd ranked D, 1 higher than OU) game to get another great look at his abilities.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ObunrSCZiTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like I said before, his accuracy problems are a mirage. In previous threads, it was noted that his receivers dropped 12 passes in the NC and Maryland game. In this Clemson game, his WR's dropped 5 balls that should have been easy catches. If those 17 passes were caught, like they should have been, his completion % is 61.5.

And yes he does check down a lot, but I don't blame him. His WR's suck ass and get no separation while his OL is getting beat constantly.

When I saw him live the only passes that were accurate were passes in which there wasn't even a window. It was more like a 30 yard cushion. When required to throw into a small window he couldn't even hit the side of the house.

His accuracy problems are real, IMO. He sucks. Do not want.

tony77 01-19-2013 06:05 PM

I just find it absurd 95% of the board is so sold on geno smith.

htismaqe 01-19-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony77 (Post 9333641)

Why?

htismaqe 01-19-2013 06:08 PM

I can't believe someone is trying to make a case for Mike Glennon.

Hammock Parties 01-19-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony77 (Post 9333641)

We're not "sold" on him. There's a chance he could bust. There are things I don't like about his game.

But 95 percent of the board pretty clearly sees him as the BEST option, over any other player, and that's pretty hard to argue against.

RunKC 01-19-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9333637)
When was the last time some dipshit came out of college with a 58.5 percent completion percentage and was a good NFL QB?

Russell Wilson played in the same offense with the same coach with the same shitty surrounding talent and never completed 60% of his passes 3 years at the same school

Pasta Little Brioni 01-19-2013 06:11 PM

He uh has a uh nice neck/Lestat

Pasta Little Brioni 01-19-2013 06:12 PM

This place will come to the aid of any and all slapdick.

Hammock Parties 01-19-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9333649)
Russell Wilson played in the same offense with the same coach with the same shitty surrounding talent and never completed 60% of his passes 3 years at the same school

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1899644_o.gif

hometeam 01-19-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9333637)

McNabb~

Syracuse 562 968 58.1 8581 8.9 9.2 78 27 153.5

Bewbies 01-19-2013 06:31 PM

People like Glennon because he's not good enough to go #1 overall, and we could miss him later. That makes him desirable.

RunKC 01-19-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9333699)
McNabb~

Case and point right there folks.

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/a...ifs/topgun.gif

RunKC 01-19-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9333700)
People like Glennon because he's not good enough to go #1 overall, and we could miss him later. That makes him desirable.

Lot of people think Glennon is top 15 worthy right now. Quite a few others have him in the top 10.

If he can go 8th to Buffalo, he can go 1st overall.

keg in kc 01-19-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9333657)
This place will come to the aid of any and all slapdick.

This fanbase has a sick fascination with finding the best bargain instead of the best player. Why use the #1 on a QB when a Drew Brees in the 2nd round happens once a decade, or a Russel Wilson (if he doesn't fall off) or a Joe Montana in the 3rd. We're due our Tom Brady, damn it. It happens all the time to other franchises (of course it doesn't...) so if we just keep trying with these projects, eventually we'll hit our home run. That's why they always fall in love with guys like Croyle or Stanzi. Maybe that's finally our guy! Gotta keep drafting those offensive linemen, so we can keep on running the ball, and we'll have great protection when our middle round quarterback savior finally arrives, or when we finally land that next great costoff backup from whatever flavor of the month team we're emulating. God forbid we use the highest pick we may ever have on the most important position. Find a bargain instead. Or even better trade it for some value!

RunKC 01-19-2013 06:41 PM

When was the last time a pure pocket passing QB who had all his success in a spread offense in college made it big in the NFL?

keg in kc 01-19-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9333728)
When was the last time a pure pocket passing QB who had all his success in a spread offense in college made it big in the NFL?

If you're asking me, then that question is irrelevant. I just want the team to identify their top QB out of the group and draft him, whether that's Smith, Wilson or Barkley. If any of those three grade out as top 10 on our board (and I suspect more than one will), then that needs to be our pick.

hometeam 01-19-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9333728)

Saw a story a while back addressing this very thing. Spread QB's actually performed better (better td/int, higher comp %, more wins) than pro offense QBs going back to 05.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-19-2013 07:55 PM

So Smith is suppose to be like Aaron Rodgers. Wilson is suppose to be Favre. Which NFL QB best fits Glennon's skill-set...?

RunKC 01-19-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9333858)
So Smith is suppose to be like Aaron Rodgers. Wilson is suppose to be Favre. Which NFL QB best fits Glennon's skill-set...?

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...o/MATTRYAN.jpg

Bewbies 01-19-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9333713)
Lot of people think Glennon is top 15 worthy right now. Quite a few others have him in the top 10.

If he can go 8th to Buffalo, he can go 1st overall.

I agree with this to a point. If he goes #8 because he's the best QB left, that doesn't mean he's worth #1. Presumably that would mean 2 or 3 teams, maybe 4 have already picked a different QB...

hometeam 01-19-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9333905)

http://www.spotrac.com/assets/images...ck-092911.jpeg

RunKC 01-19-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9333919)

Wait what? You think he's Ryan Fitzpatrick?

hometeam 01-19-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9333930)
Wait what? You think he's Ryan Fitzpatrick?

not entirely. I just picked one of the crappier starting Qbs in the league~

BryanBusby 01-19-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9333858)

Derek Anderson

Ace Gunner 01-19-2013 08:52 PM

Mike Glennon I 6067 I 232 I QB I Senior I North Carolina State
40 Time (E): 5.05
All Star Game Appearance: Senior Bowl (tentative)

Arm Strength: Mike Glennon possesses the strongest arm of any 2013 QB. There isn’t a throw Glennon can’t make on the field. What I love most about Glennon is that despite the big arm he isn’t always looking to jam it into tight windows. Quarterbacks with big arms often look to throw into windows that aren’t there and become overconfident in their arm strength. Glennon, at times, isn’t trustworthy enough of his arm. His ability to push the ball vertically will draw serious attention come evaluation time.

Accuracy: Coming into the 2012 season, all I heard about Glennon was that he wasn’t accurate enough to be a top prospect. I didn’t see that in any tapes that I watched. He, like most young quarterbacks, tends to lock into his first option and make mistakes trying to do too much with the ball. When Glennon misses it’s usually his feet that are the culprit. He has heavy feet and gets stiff on his front leg. The one consistent spot that Glennon seemed to miss on was balls delivered 15+ outside the hash. While there seems to be a lot of negatives, I’m nitpicking. Bottom line is that when Glennon is in a rhythm, he’s an accurate passer that can light up a defense with his arm talent.

Throwing Mechanics: As discussed, Glennon’s mechanical issues can be attributed to his footwork. He will get stiff on the front leg and throw flat footed. He’s got an over the top delivery that’s picture perfect as he stands at almost 6’7”. From the waist up it’s fun to watch the ball pop off Glennon’s hand. His release is longer than you would like but it comes out with so much velocity that it makes up for the long release.

Mobility/Athleticism: Glennon isn’t going to be many in a foot race but he has the ability to slide and climb the pocket to avoid rushers. I was extremely impressed with Glennon’s ability to throw on roll outs and boot action. For a guy that doesn’t appear to be a great athlete he understands the value of moving the pocket at times.

Pocket Presence: Despite having poor feet, Glennon has a pretty good feel for the pocket and rushers. He does a nice job of seeing the blitz and getting the ball out quickly to his target. There’s plenty of guys excelling in the league with poor feet and Glennon has some of the same attributes. Tom Brady avoids taking shots by getting the ball out quick and is able to slide to avoid pass rushers. Glennon, clearly, isn’t Tom Brady but he shows a similar sense of pressure and ability to get the ball out his hand quickly. My favorite aspect of Glennon’s game is his ability to throw with trash at his feet. Glennon seemed to excel under pressure situations when forced to improvise and check the ball down.

Intangibles/Character: Mike Glennon took over the reins from Russell Wilson and hasn’t looked back since. He’s an intelligent quarterback that has mastered a pro-style offense at N.C. State. Glennon avoids mistakes with his ability to see the defense pre-snap and understanding where the ball needs to go. He didn’t have the best weapons or offensive line at N.C. State and excelled despite that. Glennon took a lot of shots and continued to get back up this season which will earn the respect of an NFL locker room. He appears poised on and off the field which will bode well for his future as an NFL QB.

Size: Glennon is about as physical a presence as they come at the quarterback position. At near 6’7” and 232 pounds he has the prototype body for an NFL QB.

Overall: Mike Glennon will be heavily scrutinized until April’s draft. There’s a ton to like with this guy and he can’t count me as a fan of his game. I think there will be a bunch of varied grades on this guy ranging from 1st to 3rd round. I fall into the first round category. He has NFL tools and is more ready to play than many give him credit for. He played in an NFL system taking snaps under center and in the gun. The pre-draft process will be an important one for Glennon and he’s best served to throw at every opportunity. For me, Glennon possesses the tools to be a capable starter in the NFL and first round pick.

Click here to check out my film study on Glennon done earlier in the college football season.

http://nflsfuture.com/2012/12/15/mik...outing-report/

He reminds me of Phil Simms, except a lanky player. Kind of good, but seems to have lapses of not so good. He has a good sense of the pocket, like this guy said, but I kind of thought Freeman would become a decent QB at the NFL level and he hasn't, really. So, maybe he's a little like Josh Freeman and Phil Simms. He can make throws, seems like a cool cucumber, but doesn't always raise his level to get the win.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-19-2013 09:05 PM

Not bad...
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DPipSLtM-GE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Setsuna 01-19-2013 09:52 PM

Glennon is a poor man's Matt Ryan. Bray's ceiling is Matt Stafford with Drew Brees' decision making.