ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Path Of Exile (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257971)

Bump 02-07-2013 08:16 PM

ya haven't had a DC in a while, glad that seems to be fixed.

Pants 02-08-2013 12:10 AM

I ****ing died at level 21 last night in the dumbest way possible. I killed one of those exploding dog mini-bosses and just stood there in a pool of fire looking through the drops. Wasn't paying any attention to my health dropping from the fire on the ground and *BAM* all of a sudden, I'm dead. I was pretty mad at myself. Oh well.

RIP Templar. Going to start a Marauder tonight.

Imon Yourside 02-08-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9386541)
I ****ing died at level 21 last night in the dumbest way possible. I killed one of those exploding dog mini-bosses and just stood there in a pool of fire looking through the drops. Wasn't paying any attention to my health dropping from the fire on the ground and *BAM* all of a sudden, I'm dead. I was pretty mad at myself. Oh well.

RIP Templar. Going to start a Marauder tonight.

Ouch, Playing hardcore eh?

Pants 02-08-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9386555)
Ouch, Playing hardcore eh?

Yeah. I really dig the sense of urgency. I'm not very excited at the prospect of higher levels based on what you said earlier. But I'll probably be bored with the game by then. And if not, I guess I'll be starting over until I do get bored or until I learn how to play.

Imon Yourside 02-08-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9386558)
Yeah. I really dig the sense of urgency. I'm not very excited at the prospect of higher levels based on what you said earlier. But I'll probably be bored with the game by then. And if not, I guess I'll be starting over until I do get bored or until I learn how to play.

I just can't get into HC, all that work goes down the drain usually via lagspike. Ughhhhhhhh.

Can anyone tell me how to use my ranged totem? Whenever it's equipped it doesn't have a skill? How do I use it?

Bump 02-08-2013 12:47 AM

you gotta build differently for hc. mass health, regen and shit

Fishpicker 02-08-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9386563)
Can anyone tell me how to use my ranged totem? Whenever it's equipped it doesn't have a skill? How do I use it?

I found one of these today. I didn't even know it existed. this one requires a link to a green socket. you put bow skills in this totem, I bet split arrow would work nice. the damage depends on the bow you have equipped when you raise the totem. If you don't have a bow equipped when you raise it, it wont do anything. you can use a wand/wand skill too.

Imon Yourside 02-08-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9386609)
I found one of these today. I didn't even know it existed. this one requires a link to a green socket. you put bow skills in this totem, I bet split arrow would work nice. the damage depends on the bow you have equipped when you raise the totem. If you don't have a bow equipped when you raise it, it wont do anything. you can use a wand/wand skill too.

Good news is I am using a badass bow, the bad news is the totem is red and my bow is all green. Eeek.

Also made it to 2nd difficulty and I'm having a hard time choosing a quest reward..I have discipline/determination Aura(how do auras work?) or flame/rejuv totems? which one should I choose?

Fishpicker 02-08-2013 01:38 AM

you don't have to put the gems in your bow. you just have to have the bow equipped when you raise the totem

Imon Yourside 02-08-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9386641)
you don't have to put the gems in your bow. you just have to have the bow equipped when you raise the totem

I have the range totem equipped in my gloves and it won't let me use the totem. The totem skill is not showing up at all, I even removed my shockwave totem and it won't show up in my skill list.

NOT sure if you saw this from my edited previous post but....

Also made it to 2nd difficulty and I'm having a hard time choosing a quest reward..I have discipline/determination Aura(how do auras work?) or flame/rejuv totems? which one should I choose?

Fishpicker 02-08-2013 10:46 AM

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Ranged_Attack_Totem

this says that poison arrow doesn't work with ranged totem. so if that's what you have linked, try another. remember that the ranged totem isn't going to show up in the skills list. instead you will see the icon of whatever skill you have linked to the totem. if you link cold shot and ranged totem, the icon will show cold shot (marked with a T)

I've never tried determination. discipline is good if you want to improve your energy shield. flame totem is is decent once you level it up 5+. rejuvenation totem is ok for melee types but you probably wont need it. the auras hold mana in reserve while they are turned on.

Mr. Laz 02-08-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9387063)

this says that poison arrow doesn't work with ranged totem. so if that's what you have linked, try another. remember that the ranged totem isn't going to show up in the skills list. instead you will see the icon of whatever skill you have linked to the totem. if you link cold shot and ranged totem, the icon will show cold shot (marked with a T)

why did they have to add a range totem?

why didn't they just add range attacks to the existing skill totem?

also don't know why they wouldn't let poison arrow work

Hate all the nerfing in games

Fishpicker 02-08-2013 11:00 AM

poison arrow uses chaos damage so they don't want it to be spammed. there's just a few mobs that resist chaos damage.

Mr. Laz 02-08-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9387091)
poison arrow uses chaos damage so they don't want it to be spammed. there's just a few mobs that resist chaos damage.

sounds like the problem is with this weird Chaos damage they insist on having and not with the totem.

never understood calling it poison when it's really chaos and why Chaos damage is some special damage that you can't get resistance for

Then there is inoculation with makes you immune to chaos but reduces your life points to 1.

Now they have adding 3 nodes to the passive skills for some chaos resist

Sounds like they came up with the passive first and have just patched all the other stuff around this cool passive idea they came up with

the whole thing is weird

Bump 02-08-2013 12:09 PM

ya it really sucks late game with you have -60% chaos resists. I have a flask that comes in handy for that though.

Fishpicker 02-08-2013 01:09 PM

do you guys enchant all your rings? I transmutate, augment and alter all of them. I have 2 topaz rings with chaos resist. 9% is the highest. I think prismatic rings can resist chaos too if you do enough alteration. I enchant my amulets, but they usually end up with bonuses to HP, MP, H regen and stats.

Imon Yourside 02-08-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9387063)

I've never tried determination. discipline is good if you want to improve your energy shield. flame totem is is decent once you level it up 5+. rejuvenation totem is ok for melee types but you probably wont need it. the auras hold mana in reserve while they are turned on.

Ok thank you for that analysis, so when I use that skill the totem goes up? kind of stupid but i'll try it. I have it narrowed down to flame totem/discipline, not sure which to use.

EDITED...

Still doesn't work even with a linked skill, I tried using arc but it just casts that spell. The only thing i can think of is that it has to be on the Bow itself.

Bump 02-08-2013 02:44 PM

not loving my ground slam marauder

But I'm loving my lvl 48 cold crit freezing pulse shadow. It's much better.

Mr. Laz 02-08-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9387521)
Ok thank you for that analysis, so when I use that skill the totem goes up? kind of stupid but i'll try it. I have it narrowed down to flame totem/discipline, not sure which to use.

EDITED...

Still doesn't work even with a linked skill, I tried using arc but it just casts that spell. The only thing i can think of is that it has to be on the Bow itself.

no, it doesn't have to be on bow

You might be using wrong Icon in hotkeys

There will be 2 copies of spell Arc ... one will have a small T in corner signifying that it's used via Totem.

Left click on spell in Hotkey section and it will pop up list of possible Hotkey skills to use. Look for skill with "T" and click on it to switch.

Fishpicker 02-08-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9387521)

EDITED...

right. that wont work. you have a ranged totem. you need to link it to ranged skills. ranged skills are green gems. those are the bow skills. that's why you need to have your bow equipped to for the ranged totem to work. the gems don't need to be in the bow. just put those gems wherever you have red and green sockets linked. then equip your bow so you can raise the totem.

to use the arc spell, you need a spell totem. the spell totem links up to blue skill gems.

Pants 02-08-2013 11:34 PM

Got a level 8 marauder I started last night. I was pleasantly surprised that your stash stays intact even after your character dies.

I'm going max life and max resist in my tree right now.

Valiant 02-08-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9388660)
Got a level 8 marauder I started last night. I was pleasantly surprised that your stash stays intact even after your character dies.

I'm going max life and max resist in my tree right now.

I have a marauder, I am swinging him by the bow tree and make him ranged and tank for up close beatings.. Kind of like my old DaoC character..

Imon Yourside 02-08-2013 11:49 PM

Thanks for that Laz and Fish I will try it. Is there any way to reset instances/farm without rewalking all the way to the boss?
All I see are old methods that don't work any more.

Imon Yourside 02-09-2013 01:19 AM

Lolz an auradin on path of exile..sweet looking build

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X2xvbBTmSjE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Laz 02-09-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9388684)
Thanks for that Laz and Fish I will try it. Is there any way to reset instances/farm without rewalking all the way to the boss?
All I see are old methods that don't work any more.

Only method i know of is to ctrl+left click on waypoint of area but you can't be IN area that you want to reset. So you have to make to a waypoint to leave/reset it.

dunno if that's what you're looking for or not.

Imon Yourside 02-09-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9389298)
Only method i know of is to ctrl+left click on waypoint of area but you can't be IN area that you want to reset. So you have to make to a waypoint to leave/reset it.

dunno if that's what you're looking for or not.

I found out what I was looking for, You can reset instances but bosses you have to go through the preceding areas first for reset.

Mr. Laz 02-09-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9389373)
I found out what I was looking for, You can reset instances but bosses you have to go through the preceding areas first for reset.

makes sense ... they don't want you to be able to fast/farm kill bosses too easily.

gotta work for it :D

Imon Yourside 02-09-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9389543)
makes sense ... they don't want you to be able to fast/farm kill bosses too easily.

gotta work for it :D

Meh, I would rather not! :D

Pants 02-10-2013 07:46 PM

Level 24 marauder got killed a couple of hours ago. Obviously, I need to l2p.

icepick64 02-10-2013 08:47 PM

Just started getting into this game and loving it.

Quick question, what items do yall pick up to bring back to town to sale? only named items or all items? I remember in diablo it was only pick up blue or better

Fishpicker 02-10-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icepick64 (Post 9392463)
Just started getting into this game and loving it.

Quick question, what items do yall pick up to bring back to town to sale? only named items or all items? I remember in diablo it was only pick up blue or better

in the first few levels you could anything back to sell to sell to vendors. you get 1/5 of a wisdom scroll for most white items. as you gain levels, that becomes pointless. just grab the blues, yellows, and orange items. ID'ed blues will get you alteration shards. non- ID'ed blues will get you transmutation shards. ID'ed yellows will get you alchemy shards.

you should read through this just to get an idea of the relative value of the currencies http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Currency

TrickyNicky 02-10-2013 09:42 PM

As much as I can ID and determine if its worth vendoring. Early on you bring back as many as you can, and just throw em in unidentified and hope for the best. Here's a recipe list.

This guy's channel gets updated almost daily with PoE videos, and they are full of useful information. This vid gives you an idea of how to use certain items for recipes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk8XWOPoek8

Mr. Laz 02-12-2013 09:29 PM

at the beginning you pick up anything you can use. I try to think ahead and pick up stuff a beginning character can use for the next 'class' i'm going to make as well.

but after that I only pick up socket combinations that i need and yellow and orange items.

tbh i haven't found a single orange item since Open Beta though. :(

Bump 02-12-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9398399)
at the beginning you pick up anything you can use. I try to think ahead and pick up stuff a beginning character can use for the next 'class' i'm going to make as well.

but after that I only pick up socket combinations that i need and yellow and orange items.

tbh i haven't found a single orange item since Open Beta though. :(

ya, I was finding uniques on a regular enough basis but I haven't seen one in forever. But my mf isn't that high.

Fishpicker 02-12-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9398399)

i haven't found a single orange item since Open Beta though. :(

same

they must have changed the drop rates. that's good in the long run but it sucks for trading in the short term.

Imon Yourside 02-12-2013 11:44 PM

Strange I found zero in closed beta andf 2 thus far in open.

Mr. Laz 02-13-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9398667)
same

they must have changed the drop rates. that's good in the long run but it sucks for trading in the short term.

seems to me that they have lowered the orb drop rate as well

I haven't found many Orbs of Alchemy and i love those.

Fishpicker 02-13-2013 12:17 PM

In the last patch, they added new artwork for all the gems. its helpful for recognizing gems at a glance instead of scrolling the cursor over each one to read the description. they also added artwork for shields, equipped shields look like the shields pictured in the inventory. The duelists have new attack animations too. the new animations are faster and smoother. damn, I love this game.

Mr. Laz 02-13-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9399720)
In the last patch, they added new artwork for all the gems. its helpful for recognizing gems at a glance instead of scrolling the cursor over each one to read the description. they also added artwork for shields, equipped shields look like the shields pictured in the inventory. The duelists have new attack animations too. the new animations are faster and smoother. damn, I love this game.

They really are continuing to work on ways to improve the game.

not just trying to fix bugs ... they are wanting to put out a good product.

Imon Yourside 02-13-2013 02:34 PM

I'm loving the game, hating the fact I can't really play until tomorrow thus ending my 3 day drought! :D

Mr. Laz 02-13-2013 06:07 PM

question ...

Spoiler!

hometeam 02-13-2013 07:44 PM

I'm still putting a little time into this, but forced FOV and freezing/delay after attack I just don't think i'm going to get past.

Fishpicker 02-13-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9400784)
question ...

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Pants 02-14-2013 06:55 PM

****ing died again last night. Just being so careless...

One of these days, I'll learn my lesson.

Mr. Laz 02-15-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9403720)
****ing died again last night. Just being so careless...

One of these days, I'll learn my lesson.

hardcore?

Pants 02-15-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9405051)
hardcore?

Ya. :(

Mr. Laz 02-16-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9406639)
Ya. :(

:(

Once you die in hardcore doesn't the character get moved over to Default league?

Pants 02-16-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9407207)
:(

Once you die in hardcore doesn't the character get moved over to Default league?

Yeah, but I just delete them. I think I would just fall asleep in scrubcore, but that's where I might belong if I keep dying in my mid-20's. It's always the same thing: I'll be cruising with absolutely no problems through a level and then come upon a group of enemies who just absolutely rape me in like 3 seconds. I wish there weren't such massive spikes in difficulty, but I just need to start playing like the next mob is going to kill me. It's just so easy to be lulled into a sense of security.

Fishpicker 02-16-2013 12:46 PM

I have the same problem as pants. I carry 3 sets of rings in my inventory to deal with that. each pair of rings is to counter one of the 3 elemental damage types. once you have 60% resists than you don't have to worry about the states that the elements cause. still, the blue mobs with additional life are a pain in the butt.

TrickyNicky 02-16-2013 05:35 PM

I have a level 30 Shadow that now I'm wishing I would've started him in HC. That's where all the cool people are.

Mr. Laz 02-16-2013 08:46 PM

dam Solaris Temple is kicking my ass so i guess i'm a scrub

need more fire resist i think

those triple fireball thingies smoke me if i run into more than one at a time

Pants 02-23-2013 01:13 PM

Anybody still playing this?

I just died at level 40 farming Piety on Normal before switching to Cruel. Died to some random trash in Lunaris on the way to Piety.

Anyway, would anyone be interested in responsible and fair trading in HC?

Bump 02-26-2013 12:15 PM

hell ya still playing this. This is one of the best end games I've seen.

Making like 5 exalt per day in trades and crafting.

Just bought a 6 link, lvl 78 shadow. I couldn't do hardcore, I'm playing on an imac and the performance sucks and I die sometimes because of an fps crash.

Bump 02-26-2013 05:09 PM

So I'm sitting here trying to come up with ways to make more money with this game.

I created a public match "IF YOU LOVE JESUS - give me an alchemy orb to prove it"

Got 2 alchemy out of it so far, only been doing this for 15 minutes lol

TrickyNicky 02-26-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9441042)
hell ya still playing this. This is one of the best end games I've seen.

Making like 5 exalt per day in trades and crafting.

Just bought a 6 link, lvl 78 shadow. I couldn't do hardcore, I'm playing on an imac and the performance sucks and I die sometimes because of an fps crash.

Maybe I'm not reading this right, but surely you didn't pay for a character in a f2p game...

Bump 02-26-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 9443018)
Maybe I'm not reading this right, but surely you didn't pay for a character in a f2p game...

no, I didnt pay real money. I meant I used in game currency for a 6 link, which was 8 exalt.

Mr. Laz 02-26-2013 10:47 PM

just found a 5 link yesterday

It was a blue INT/STR so i scoured and alched it for some decent armor

TrickyNicky 03-02-2013 10:28 AM

Lost a 36 Duellist and a 27 Templar in HC on consecutive days due to laziness. ****

Bump 03-02-2013 10:36 AM

man, I have 20 lvl 66 maps and only 1 higher lvl than that. I only get like 2% exp now in lvl 66. I need to find some lvl 70+ maps

Mr. Laz 03-02-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 9456730)
Lost a 36 Duellist and a 27 Templar in HC on consecutive days due to laziness. ****

at least you're still a badass

Pants 03-02-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 9456730)

I know how that goes, man. Just pisses you right off.

I came really, REALLY close to dying in Fetid Pool on Cruel yesterday. I about shit my pants. I just lost a 40 marauder a week ago, so I really didn't want to lose my 41. Those ****ing undead Rhoas are extremely dangerous.

Learn from your mistakes and re-reroll, man. If you ever need any help leveling, hit me up, my current name in PoE is Relewulf. Once you catch up, maybe we can start grouping up sometimes? This also goes to anyone else who's rolling HC.

TrickyNicky 03-02-2013 03:22 PM

Lesson learned: Don't go to the Docks without your fire resist rings. Voidbearers will kill you in a hot second.

jd1020 03-02-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9456913)
I came really, REALLY close to dying in Fetid Pool on Cruel yesterday. I about shit my pants. I just lost a 40 marauder a week ago, so I really didn't want to lose my 41. Those ****ing undead Rhoas are extremely dangerous.

Just lost my first HC char to those tonight. Think I lagged a bit but there was a rare roa in there and when I was running away nothing was near me but I died in 3 hits. I was trying to make a wand or freezing pulse marauder and I didnt get one single ranged gem drop.

I think I'm going to reroll a hero who gets the ranged gems from quests and make a LA/chain hero just to get something leveled easily for gear on other chars.

Pants 03-03-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9459059)
Just lost my first HC char to those tonight. Think I lagged a bit but there was a rare roa in there and when I was running away nothing was near me but I died in 3 hits. I was trying to make a wand or freezing pulse marauder and I didnt get one single ranged gem drop.

I think I'm going to reroll a hero who gets the ranged gems from quests and make a LA/chain hero just to get something leveled easily for gear on other chars.

I have a bunch of blue and green gems in my stash that I don't really need, so holla atcha boy if you need any.

The only problem having a ranged marauder is the lack of immediate dex and int nodes in the tree. So leveling those gems might turn out to be a little problematic in the beginning.

jd1020 03-03-2013 12:24 AM

What's the going rate on non quality LMP and Added Lightning?

Chaos for LMP and Alch for AL?

Pants 03-03-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9459237)

Haven't been really paying attention, man. I don't do much buying or selling of gems. Just armor and weapons so far.

Pants 03-03-2013 12:54 AM

Woooo! 43 Marauder chain stunned and killed by Murk Runners in the Ship Graveyard. ****ing GG. Lesson learned. Get Unwavering Stance ASAP if you're a melee character in cruel.

Bump 03-03-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9459237)

ya thats about right. Portal and Chain are still the most expensive, usually 2 or 3 gcp with no quality. Everything else isn't much. Reduced Mana is getting expensive too.

My new goal is to get all of my gems high quality.

Mr. Laz 03-03-2013 10:21 AM

Seems to me that certain classes are more likely to have certain skill gems drop.

My Templar has tons of green gems drop
My Ranger has tons of blue gems drop

sort of opposite of the class you have

best way to get all the different skill gems is to create a character of each class and play it through the first difficulty. JMO

Bump 03-03-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9459824)
Seems to me that certain classes are more likely to have certain skill gems drop.

My Templar has tons of green gems drop
My Ranger has tons of blue gems drop

sort of opposite of the class you have

best way to get all the different skill gems is to create a character of each class and play it through the first difficulty. JMO

lol no, It's all RNG. I have about 3 mules worth of gems and I finally found a good use for them all. Some are more rare than others though.

Mr. Laz 03-03-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9460021)
lol no, It's all RNG. I have about 3 mules worth of gems and I finally found a good use for them all. Some are more rare than others though.

all the quality ones you can use to make GCPs, i think.

Bump 03-03-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9461476)
all the quality ones you can use to make GCPs, i think.

ya, the worthless ones come in handy for end game crafting.

jd1020 03-04-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9459214)
The only problem having a ranged marauder is the lack of immediate dex and int nodes in the tree. So leveling those gems might turn out to be a little problematic in the beginning.

Ya. I was building him to go ranged but was leveling with groundslam until I hit the Templar tree and started collecting int nodes. But, I'm thinking about switching to Shadow and just doing the build in reverse so I can start with Freezing Pulse because ranged is just better in this game. Shadow also gets both FP and LMP from quest rewards so I'd only need added lightning and I have the BM gem stashed from my Marauder quests, so if I get a 4 link I'll be set.

Bump 03-05-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9462484)
Ya. I was building him to go ranged but was leveling with groundslam until I hit the Templar tree and started collecting int nodes. But, I'm thinking about switching to Shadow and just doing the build in reverse so I can start with Freezing Pulse because ranged is just better in this game. Shadow also gets both FP and LMP from quest rewards so I'd only need added lightning and I have the BM gem stashed from my Marauder quests, so if I get a 4 link I'll be set.

ya Shadow casters are nice. I'm using a lvl 81 cold crit shadow. It's pretty nice. I mainly use ice spear on a 6 link and it says 4K damage on the toolbar. Once I get a lot more life, I'll switch to mainly using freezing pulse which can hit close range 6500 dps. But I only have 4000 life + ES. I don't like getting too close on some of those high level maps. The advantage to making a shadow witch is because the shadow has pretty awesome start out nodes for witches.

and it's a little squishy and you will feel weak lvl 50-70. But after that, it just gets stronger as you upgrade your gear plus your teammates will love you because you perma freeze bosses and hit hard with crits.

and skeletons + fast casting + spell totem = Pure awesomeness. It's cheesy but those things pop out fast and totally distract all enemies so you can just blast them as they are ****ing with the skeletons.

jd1020 03-15-2013 11:46 PM

Level 41 Shadow just died in HC on Cruel Brutus... Desync crit > me... FML.

Never gonna get a finished HC character. My RNG is ****ing pathetic. I have yet to chance a rare. Sucks trying to clear shit when you are forced to roll with life/single resist magics.

Pants 03-15-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9504745)
Level 41 Shadow just died in HC on Cruel Brutus... Desync crit > me... FML.

Never gonna get a finished HC character. My RNG is ****ing pathetic. I have yet to chance a rare. Sucks trying to clear shit when you are forced to roll with life/single resist magics.

Damn, man, that sucks. I can't imagine even making it to Cruel with blues, much less getting all the way to Brutus. I've had some really good luck just buying pretty good yellows so far, but it seems like prices have gone way up over the last 6 days or so. It could be inflation, or maybe I'm just on at the wrong time.

If you start a new character, let me know. I might have some low level stuff in my stash still.

jd1020 03-16-2013 12:22 AM

I probably could have traded for better gear but I'm trying to do self found and saving all mats alchemy and up for maps and shit. It actually wasnt that bad. I rerolled 3 and 4 socket loot I found until they had a decent # of health and a resist. My wand had +1 to cold gems and spell crit, boots with 15 ms and resist and the rest were life/resist. Think I had maybe 3 rares that I found and were somewhat decent. Found a 4 link helm that I chromatic'd til I got 2 blues, 1 green, and 1 red so I had FP + added lightning + lmp + life leech. Pretty cake. I was having mana issues though and swapping the life leech with BM would kill me because I didn't have any regen nodes.

Think I'm going back to a Marauder, though. Better survivability with all the health nodes early.

Bump 03-19-2013 12:14 AM

man, so my old PC. It broke 2 years ago, it had the blue screen of death and had no idea how to fix it so I just went out and bought this imac. So I've been playing POE all along with windows 7 through bootcamp and it sucks. Especially when I want to multibox some maps.

But I decided today that I was going to diagnose and fix my old PC so I can run an ultra nerd dual PC set up. Well my old PC just turned on like nothing was ever wrong lol. WTF right?

I deleted windows vista and put on a copy of windows 7 and its running okay....not great. But I can put my multibox alts onto the other PC and just run my main on 1 PC and it's soooo much better. It's so awesome

And for you ****s who think multi boxing is cheating, I do it all within the rules, no 3rd party programs. I manually leveled up 5 alts to lvl 35 and quested them into the eternal lab. Plus the dev's do it themselves they say and it is most certainly not against the rules. so bite my ass if you have a problem, it was a lot of work to set up actually. But the extra 250% iiq on maps is well well worth it :)

Valiant 03-19-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9512872)
man, so my old PC. It broke 2 years ago, it had the blue screen of death and had no idea how to fix it so I just went out and bought this imac. So I've been playing POE all along with windows 7 through bootcamp and it sucks. Especially when I want to multibox some maps.

But I decided today that I was going to diagnose and fix my old PC so I can run an ultra nerd dual PC set up. Well my old PC just turned on like nothing was ever wrong lol. WTF right?

I deleted windows vista and put on a copy of windows 7 and its running okay....not great. But I can put my multibox alts onto the other PC and just run my main on 1 PC and it's soooo much better. It's so awesome

And for you ****s who think multi boxing is cheating, I do it all within the rules, no 3rd party programs. I manually leveled up 5 alts to lvl 35 and quested them into the eternal lab. Plus the dev's do it themselves they say and it is most certainly not against the rules. so bite my ass if you have a problem, it was a lot of work to set up actually. But the extra 250% iiq on maps is well well worth it :)

Multiboxing is legal in almost every game I have played outside of fps..

jd1020 03-19-2013 04:10 PM

Welp... died at level 11 this time, at least I didn't have to wait long this time. Trying a new hero. Made a Witch and Im going to try out the new Incinerate spell with this build http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...-dgN0FXp98S-wZ. However, I walked into a pack of blue skellies before Brutus that fired multiple projectiles and instantly fell over.