ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs sign TE Irv Smith Jr. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352713)

kccrow 03-12-2024 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 17438742)
Everyone is practically gone lol

:shake:

ChiTown 03-12-2024 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17438748)
It's a Super Bowl winning roster full of KC draft choices. We retained the best DT on the market. WTF were you wanting?

Yeah, it's not like we were going to be able to sign Jones and make an additional serious splash beyond that. We secured the services of the best DT in the League. I'm good with that. Now we need to go fill some holes via the Draft, and I have NO doubt that we will.

FloridaMan88 03-12-2024 11:29 AM

Keep doubting Jody Fortson.

Comeback Player of the Year.

TomBarndtsTwin 03-12-2024 11:33 AM

Roster fodder here, likely. :shrug:

Jewish Rabbi 03-12-2024 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17438784)

Damar Hamlin

booger 03-12-2024 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17438751)
Best I can say is that I'm not convinced he's that much worse than Fant and somehow Fant got paid real money.

I suspect Irv will get some deal in the $2-3 million range tops (and with nominal guarantees). So 80% as much player for about 33% as much money? Eh - whatever.

Fant being 6-4 250 with the 33 1/2” arms automatically gives him a chance to compete on the line at the Y. He can get off the line and he has the ability to be a competitive blocker where as Jr and Gray are at a disadvantage in who they’re being asked to block and you have to put them on the move to get the best out of them. I don’t like having two short arm types on the 53. If so they better keep 4.

But that’s just the reality of what’s available. It’s like a short armed DE like Danna. Loop and stunt him and he’ll be more productive

Plus Reid knows what he’s doing and won’t expect him to do what he’s physically not capable of. They even had orson Charles for a year and had him practice with the RBs as a FB. If he earns a spot they will scheme him properly. But I think he’s definitely that F TE/hback etc. If anyone can coach him up it’s this staff

UChieffyBugger 03-12-2024 11:38 AM

LOL THE SAME MOANING ASS IDIOTS WERE CRYING ABOUT THE CHEAP SIGNINGS WE MADE LAST YEAR TOO ONLY TO LOOK STUPID ONCE AGAIN ROFL

Here's something the bed wetters can chew on.

365 yards and 5 touchdowns

Those are stats Smith had in one 13 game season which is better yards and td totals than ANY TIGHTEND we've had bar Kelce since Mahomes became a starter. Oh, and HE'S ALSO the fastest backup TE we've had too.

The kid is 25 years old and was forced to play with an injured Burrow and Jack Browning last year. So folks need to grow up and give the guy a fecking chance smh.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-12-2024 11:39 AM

Leave Irv alone!

Kman34 03-12-2024 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17438748)
It's a Super Bowl winning roster full of KC draft choices. We retained the best DT on the market. WTF were you wanting?

Lets spend all the money!!!

booger 03-12-2024 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17438784)

He was set to be an RFA I don’t know if they tendered him but Gaithings the PS kid they signed to a futures deal. Very very similar ht weight and arm length to Fortson. In that WR/TE hybrid mold. I’d probably bring Fortson to camp for the minimum with no bonus. Even if just for one of the veteran spots on the taxi squad. But staying healthy is a must and he has had terrible luck there

old_geezer 03-12-2024 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 17438710)
I feel like this is the only player we get. They’ll work something out with Sneed and wait for the draft. Very underwhelming FA.

If we manage to keep Sneed to go along with Jones and Tranquil then I'm damn happy with this free agency.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-12-2024 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 17438710)
I feel like this is the only player we get. They’ll work something out with Sneed and wait for the draft. Very underwhelming FA.

We signed arguably the #1 FA available...

kccrow 03-12-2024 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 17438811)
LOL THE SAME MOANING ASS IDIOTS WERE CRYING ABOUT THE CHEAP SIGNINGS WE MADE LAST YEAR TOO ONLY TO LOOK STUPID ONCE AGAIN ROFL

Here's something the bed wetters can chew on.

365 yards and 5 touchdowns

Those are stats Smith had in one 13 game season which is better yards and td totals than ANY TIGHTEND we've had bar Kelce since Mahomes became a starter. Oh, and HE'S ALSO the fastest backup TE we've had too.

The kid is 25 years old and was forced to play with an injured Burrow and Jack Browning last year. So folks need to grow up and give the guy a fecking chance smh.

Not every acquisition is amazing. Richie James wasn't all world. He'll be useful here, he's just not going to make a monumental difference and everyone is most focused on the real issues at WR and LT.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-12-2024 11:53 AM

Veach > CP

ThyKingdomCome15 03-12-2024 11:53 AM

?