ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 4 Chiefs on the Chopping Block Next After Marquez Valdes-Scantling Release (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352574)

ChiefaRoo 03-01-2024 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 17423443)
I don’t disagree but was his play really that bad?

He hit and tackled like a truck in the playoffs and Super Bowl. He’s smart as hell and seems to be a great person to be around. A natural leader.

ThaVirus 03-01-2024 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17423664)
https://i.imgur.com/50BF508.png

No one is trading for that.

Especially when you add the off the field crap on social media.

He lacked production and had social media outbursts in New York yet we still traded for him.

Your best argument is that they continued here with the best franchise in the league, but the fact remains that he does have talent. If you’re running a team like the Panthers, Titans, Patriots, etc. who lack playmakers and need to develop a QB, I think you’d be crazy not to consider flipping a 7th rounder for him.

He is not likely to pan out to much but neither is a typical 7th rounder.

Lzen 03-01-2024 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17423849)
Anyone remember a poster on here "Mic Jones"? He would write terrible articles like this

I vaguely remember that handle. Don't remember the articles you mention.

Titty Meat 03-01-2024 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 17423877)
I vaguely remember that handle. Don't remember the articles you mention.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2023/04/...s-city-chiefs/

Imon Yourside 03-01-2024 11:44 AM

We need to keep Reid, I don't think he's going anywhere

raybec 4 03-01-2024 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17423504)
He's not making shit on his rookie deal. Maybe it clicks with him this year. He's got a good burst. I doubt they give up on him now. But, he plays like he has this year, he's gone.

What does that mean? I'm not sure I've seen anything to justify that.

Megatron96 03-01-2024 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 17423802)
Excellent post sir. I wholeheartedly agree about Reid - he just seems to have the leadership and alignment stuff down for the secondary guys. I have never really looked at coverage stats for safeties before so I was a bit shocked but as a Safety I think coverage #'s get a pass because they aren't supposed to be locked 1 on 1 with guys all the time, its a part of their job, but not their whole job - if he were a CB this would be another discussion.

It's not just his coverage; he misses a lot of tackles as well. We were all bitching bout that early in the season in the GDTs. He cleaned that up as the season wore on, but it's been an issue for Reid since he was drafted. 2023 was actually one of his cleaner years in both categories.

But through the first couple months of 2023, Reid was giving up a vs. Passer Rating of around 117 iirc. Basically, he was making every QB look like Mahomes when he was targeted. Again, he got better as the season progressed, but he still finished the season allowing a PR of almost 90.0, which is still too high for what he's getting paid. And Reid has never been particularly good in coverage.

It's all moot though; we're almost certainly extending him.

BIG_DADDY 03-01-2024 12:44 PM

I don't see them cutting Omenihu.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03-01-2024 01:03 PM

Why the **** would we cute Reid? He brings the physicality that this defense needs. He had 95 tackles this year and 3 sacks (another 1.5 in the playoffs). Reid would be one of the last players to be cut on this team. Hes the leader of the DB room.

Megatron96 03-01-2024 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 17424205)
Why the **** would we cute Reid? He brings the physicality that this defense needs. He had 95 tackles this year and 3 sacks (another 1.5 in the playoffs). Reid would be one of the last players to be cut on this team. Hes the leader of the DB room.

Maybe because he makes most QBs look like Kirk Cousins and he misses about 10% of his tackles?

Marcellus 03-01-2024 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17423626)
What the **** is Reid doing on there?

You think his play is worth a $14MM cap hit next year? I don't.

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17423814)
Perhaps I was a bit unnecessarily harsh toward him and for that I apologize.

But you’re the last one who should be commenting on the matter after this gem:

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352398

We definitely need more discussion like that!

Sorry you're unable to detect sarcasm. Were you by chance one of the hand wringers weeping for poor abused Andy?

Lmao.

Marcellus 03-01-2024 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17423605)
Read the last sentence of the Toney portion. They mention a trade.

I bet someone out there would flip us a 6 or 7 for him.

Oh I didn't get that far I was getting brain damage reading the article.

But no way in hell is anyone giving us a pick and paying Toney $2.5MM next year.

DenverChief 03-01-2024 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17424220)
Sorry you're unable to detect sarcasm. Were you by chance one of the hand wringers weeping for poor abused Andy?

Lmao.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17407600)

I truly hope that you have a housekeeper and are never actually within arms reach of any vacuum cleaners, your red flags are out for all to see, abuser!!.

This is gold LMAO

TwistedChief 03-01-2024 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17424220)

Lmao.

We all knew you were being sarcastic. It’s the fact that you spent a good amount of time to write it up feeling like it was clever when everyone felt it was a cringey and lame attempt at humor.

Its amazing you still don’t understand that.