ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Newly discovered full broadcast of SB IV in color (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348568)

suzzer99 04-30-2023 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redfan (Post 16928193)
First half observations:

Field is very sloppy
Both teams have great Defenses
Chiefs had at least 3 busted plays
Chiefs love to shift from the I
I love the choir huddle
Teams traded turnovers early (Lenny had a bad underthrow/int)
Refs know what is a catch and a fumble
Vikes fumble on the kickoff was costly
Otis Taylor is amazing, he’d be great in today’s game
Even though I don’t smoke, I’d like to enjoy the cool menthol sensation of a Newport

Otis Taylor "catches" a ball on the sidelines before halftime and you see the ball rolling around on the ground as he's getting up. They never showed a replay.

007 04-30-2023 06:43 PM

1995 for a brand new car. Ugh

A Salt Weapon 04-30-2023 07:02 PM

That was really cool, thank you for sharing. Kinda trippy to see cigarette ads on tv. Surprised by the lack of commercials overall. Not seeing a scoreboard was different.
Good to see old school football. Maybe 3-5 flags total for the game where nowadays would be 1 on every play. Love and miss the level of contact allowed.
Also a bit surprised by the speed of the game, crazy how fast athletes have become.

ChiefsFanatic 04-30-2023 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 16928326)
That was really cool, thank you for sharing. Kinda trippy to see cigarette ads on tv. Surprised by the lack of commercials overall. Not seeing a scoreboard was different.
Good to see old school football. Maybe 3-5 flags total for the game where nowadays would be 1 on every play. Love and miss the level of contact allowed.
Also a bit surprised by the speed of the game, crazy how fast athletes have become.

That fumble and the recovery by Robinson would add 10 minutes today because it would be under review.

ChiefsFanatic 04-30-2023 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 16927553)
I remember watching the game in the student union on a 24" color TV with about 200 other people. I could have watched it at my dorm on our 21" B&W, but I'd had already been lucky once (1st draft lottery) and didn't want to jinx the Chiefs.

I am old, but not that old. I was born in 71.

Could you, or someone else who from that generation explain the purpose or the mechanics, and the origins, of the offensive linemen doing the stand up and resetting all the time?

I started watching Chiefs games when I was 6 years old, and I vaguely remember the Dallas Cowboys offensive line doing this, but I just never understood why, or how it started, etc.

Thanks for sharing your experiences while watching, and for any knowledge you can impart about the offensive line movement.

ChiefsFanatic 04-30-2023 07:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Trigger Warning: Political Humor

Can you imagine what kinds of conspiracies the Q nuts would come up with after seeing the Amoco commercial where they say "unleaded" gas could give you an extra 6.66 miles per tank?

Like, most oil comes from the Middle East, and Amoco saying they can give you an extra 6.66 miles per tank was really a signal to all the Satan worshippers.

And I can just hear Tucker Carlson now, "And what did they do with the lead they supposedly removed from the gasoline? Are they using that lead to build bombs? Do the brown devils in the Middle East have a plan to defeat Superman? Who really runs Amoco? Do you even know? No one really knows. Except Satan."

srvy 04-30-2023 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redfan (Post 16928193)
First half observations:

Field is very sloppy
Both teams have great Defenses
Chiefs had at least 3 busted plays
Chiefs love to shift from the I
I love the choir huddle
Teams traded turnovers early (Lenny had a bad underthrow/int)
Refs know what is a catch and a fumble
Vikes fumble on the kickoff was costly
Otis Taylor is amazing, he’d be great in today’s game
Even though I don’t smoke, I’d like to enjoy the cool menthol sensation of a Newport

I smoked Newports occasionally. When I smoked cigs in my youth you would run out of your favorite brand at the bar and have to go to the cig machine. Tey were always out of everything but pall mall viceroy or newport. Newport compared to harsh Vicroy was my choice.

Stewie 04-30-2023 07:50 PM

The O-Line up and down was normally used as a distraction. It supposedly was used to disguise the changing (shifting) formation in the backfield. Dallas did it longer than anyone I remember.

srvy 04-30-2023 07:51 PM

Goodyear and those poly glass tires. American Oil with the cold start gas line antifreeze. We always seemed to buy Standard American gasoline in these parts back then.

srvy 04-30-2023 07:54 PM

Janski was nails on the sloppy field. Too bad he shit the bed against Miami X-mas day.

Graystoke 04-30-2023 08:02 PM

Dam, that was fun.
Seeing a young Bud Grant kinda freaked me out as I only remember him being old.
The Cig ads, especially Salem, were cool as shit.
Both teams were very complimentary to their opponents.
Half Time show looked thrown together last minute, I loved it
AND MY FAVORITE TEAM THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS WON!

cdcox 04-30-2023 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 16928356)
I am old, but not that old. I was born in 71.

Could you, or someone else who from that generation explain the purpose or the mechanics, and the origins, of the offensive linemen doing the stand up and resetting all the time?

I started watching Chiefs games when I was 6 years old, and I vaguely remember the Dallas Cowboys offensive line doing this, but I just never understood why, or how it started, etc.

Thanks for sharing your experiences while watching, and for any knowledge you can impart about the offensive line movement.

It was called the multiple formation offence. The OL would come out in a two-point stance and a particular alignment of the backfield. The defense would make their assignments based on the original backfield. Then the OL would stand up, before dropping into their final three-point stance. Meanwhile, the backfield would shift their alignment, partially obscured by the standing OL. The defence would have less time to adjust before the snap. It was all about creating movement and confusion.

https://youtu.be/SNexLQgaJNc

007 04-30-2023 08:10 PM

Long ass halftime show

Pointer19 04-30-2023 08:12 PM

Seeing this game for the first time today. I hope the Chiefs do okay.

Stryker 04-30-2023 08:18 PM

Thank you! Awesome watch! My uncle went to that game!