ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Golden Corral weekend breakfast buffet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324652)

scho63 08-26-2019 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14408973)
Do you go out to eat alone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14408978)
i did not desire company

it was a good time, unfettered by female interruption or meaningless small talk

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14408982)
ROFL

I had a friend in college who absolutely preferred going out alone. Would do it all the time at sit down restaurants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14408985)
we former fat guys just want to eat

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14408987)
Eating out alone i great. I find it to be a real ego boost. Seriously.

But at nice places.

I've eaten out by myself 95% of the time in the last 25 years and enjoy it immensely. I NEVER sit at a table by myself unless there is no bar and it's an informal small place like a Pho Restaurant.

I really like getting to the restaurant off hours, either just before/after lunch rush for lunch or by 3:30-4pm for dinner so I have the whole bar and service to myself.

I also do my best to avoid restaurants with children. Always a little more upscale, not formal, and with a bar.

Every once in a while I'll even go dine with eDave and we still sit at the bar. :thumb:

loochy 08-26-2019 07:16 AM

The main problem with Golden Corral isn't the food. Every time I've been there the food is OK.

The main problem is the clientele. It's like the Walmart of restaurants.

Zebedee DuBois 08-26-2019 07:23 AM

Several years ago, relatives were in town, and being a group of 25, someone suggested we go to Golden Corral for a Sunday lunch

It happened to be a Mother's Day.

The place was packed. Unsupervised kids running freely, sticking everything including their hands in the chocolate fountain. Crowding and grabbing whenever fresh food was put out. Food on the floor.

A very bad dining experience.

That visit has totally put me off Golden Corral - I have never returned. I avoid all other buffets as well.

Saulbadguy 08-26-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 14409845)
The main problem with Golden Corral isn't the food. Every time I've been there the food is OK.

The main problem is the clientele. It's like the Walmart of restaurants.

Last time I frequented one (15+ years ago), I saw a mom and her children take an entire pie from the buffet, set it down on their table and dug in.

CrazyPhuD 08-26-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 14409391)
https://www.kansascity.com/news/busi...184971723.html
Quote:

Golden Corral, 13440 S. Blackbob Road, Olathe, was temporarily shut down when the inspector found a pest infestation during an Oct. 23 inspection following a complaint. It had 300 to 400 fresh and aged rodent droppings, two dead mice and more than 30 live roaches.

It had one priority violation during an Oct. 24 reopening inspection when more than 90 live roaches were found.

So they're saying they had a more diverse buffet selection than most Golden Corrals?

Rain Man 08-26-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 14409923)
Last time I frequented one (15+ years ago), I saw a mom and her children take an entire pie from the buffet, set it down on their table and dug in.

Wait, you can do that? I need to go more often.

Flying High D 08-26-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 14409923)

I saw a mom scraping the mashed potatoes off the kids plate back into the mashed potato pan. Said he got to many. Every time the kid would get something it would be repeated. Mac n cheese, fried chicken. She let keep all the rat droppings he wanted. Thank goodness.

srvy 08-26-2019 01:13 PM

Working out of town I slipped into a Hometown Buffet very out of the norm for me. Took a small table 2 seater in corner. One table away facing me was this Indian or middle eastern dude. He would load a plate of plain spaghetti noodles and pore ketchup from bottle on them. He did this three other times even had to grab another bottle of Hunts from another table. I was a bit grossed out lost my appetite and left. The time I spent there he never tried anything else he was perfectly content with spaghetti and Ketchup.

On another note the eating out alone I do all the time working out town. we travel 2 or 3 person crews one work truck. We work 8 to 10 hour days. You see these guys everyday for months you gotta get away. I always look for hotel or motel within walking distance or eating spots. The room must have a microwave and fridge. Ill eat with them once or twice a week tops of I would get irritable. Eat microwave dinners let the guys have the truck save the per diem.

SAUTO 08-26-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 14410466)
Working out of town I slipped into a Hometown Buffet very out of the norm for me. Took a small table 2 seater in corner. One table away facing me was this Indian or middle eastern dude. He would load a plate of plain spaghetti noodles and pore ketchup from bottle on them. He did this three other times even had to grab another bottle of Hunts from another table. I was a bit grossed out lost my appetite and left. The time I spent there he never tried anything else he was perfectly content with spaghetti and Ketchup.

On another note the eating out alone I do all the time working out town. we travel 2 or 3 person crews one work truck. We work 8 to 10 hour days. You see these guys everyday for months you gotta get away. I always look for hotel or motel within walking distance or eating spots. The room must have a microwave and fridge. Ill eat with them once or twice a week tops of I would get irritable. Eat microwave dinners let the guys have the truck save the per diem.

Pour hometown buffet lost your business for something they didn't even do...

Raiderhater 08-26-2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14409840)
I've eaten out by myself 95% of the time in the last 25 years and enjoy it immensely. I NEVER sit at a table by myself unless there is no bar and it's an informal small place like a Pho Restaurant.

I really like getting to the restaurant off hours, either just before/after lunch rush for lunch or by 3:30-4pm for dinner so I have the whole bar and service to myself.

I also do my best to avoid restaurants with children. Always a little more upscale, not formal, and with a bar.

Every once in a while I'll even go dine with eDave and we still sit at the bar. :thumb:

Everything here applies to me as well except for dining with eDave. Also a little more upscale is typically preferred, I’ve zero problems with some whole in the wall joints - especially if they have a bar.

I also go to the movies by myself a lot. I know some people think that is weird too, but it’s never bothered me.

Chiefshrink 08-26-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14409454)
Near Parker? I actually ate at that one a few months ago. I had to kill some time and I was in a strange suburban land, so I stopped at Golden Corral.

I'm not really into a lot of their food, but there were a few things I stocked up on, like those rolls. But it really annoys me that I can't get butter for them.

Yep. Arapahoe and Parker.

srvy 08-26-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14410850)
Pour hometown buffet lost your business for something they didn't even do...

Nah it was my Dad's favorite place to eat when he was alive I took him often. I'm pretty good at putting the blinders on but something about ketchup on pasta didn't set well.

SAUTO 08-26-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 14410890)
Nah it was my Dad's favorite place to eat when he was alive I took him often. I'm pretty good at putting the blinders on but something about ketchup on pasta didn't set well.

:thumb:

I think you missed it though lol

Chiefshrink 08-26-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 14409318)
Huh?

Homeless and immigrants illegals are increasing food poisoning at restaurants? How?

Deficating and urinating in the streets washing it down the sewer system, increase in rodents/rats that carry disease hanging out at dumpsters behind restaurants in which many illegals are employed that don't have the same hygiene practices as we do in America. Don't get me wrong here because I know bad hygiene practices cross all ethnicities BUT you get my point.

A couple of years ago at a restaurant there was a cook who walked in the bathroom. I go in a couple of minutes later to use the urinal. He obviously is in the stall. I finish just as he is coming out of the stall and he goes straight back to work and did not wash his hands. Now could he have used the sink back in the kitchen? Maybe? But there were signs up in the bathroom specifically for employees to wash their hands. I went and told the Mgr he apologized and he took action.

Flying High D 08-26-2019 05:59 PM

How can people live with themselves ^ nasty bastards