ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Which Safety Do You Want the Chiefs To Sign? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321406)

Flying High D 02-20-2019 08:51 AM

Whoever it is, someone will be butthurt over it.

YontsRBake 02-20-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14114799)
90 percent of what he was 4 years ago? You're dreaming

Maybe. I still prefer even a 60% version to Amos.

I don’t entirely understand the hype on Amos. He was the worst of the Bears 4 DBs last year, who all appear to have had inflated years. I don’t really agree with paying him what he’s likely to be demanding.

htismaqe 02-20-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 14115231)
Best option is the draft. Go young. Draft and sign guys to rookie contracts and coach the shit out of them and develop them.

If they could somehow get both Abram and Adderley, that would be great.

Not high on Abram, he's more of a glorified LB but you're absolutely correct. Draft, draft, draft.

Mecca 02-20-2019 09:35 AM

The draft approach is fine other than when you think your window is open and you need 4 new starters on your defense...also is anyone super comfortable with 3 rookies in the secondary?

Reerun_KC 02-20-2019 09:38 AM

Draft some new younger players...

Mecca 02-20-2019 09:42 AM

There's really nothing wrong with pursuing a FA safety provided Berry is cut.

htismaqe 02-20-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14115815)
There's really nothing wrong with pursuing a FA safety provided Berry is cut.

And when they don't cut Berry and tag Ford? Where's the money going to come from?

Mecca 02-20-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14115824)
And when they don't cut Berry and tag Ford? Where's the money going to come from?

I'm going to be very honest about this...if they changed that whole coaching staff to not cut Berry, to keep Houston on that stupid contract he has and pay Dee Ford even more...

I'll have no words, this group of players obviously needs change. The era of Berry and Houston being the guys for this team is over.

O.city 02-20-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14115824)

Cutting Houston?

htismaqe 02-20-2019 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14115842)
Cutting Houston?

That will pay for most of Ford. Berry is still an issue.

O.city 02-20-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14115847)
That will pay for most of Ford. Berry is still an issue.

I just can't imagine they'll get into another year with Berry like they did this year.

Something will happen there one way or another. Either he plays all season or gets cut. They won't do that again.

Surely.

Gravedigger 02-20-2019 10:09 AM

Landon Collins is the wet dream, but probably won't get a chance to happen outside of tag and trade. I would take Earl Thomas, he's not going to command an outrageous deal to get and if the reports were any indication, I think he would be as likely to come here or to Dallas because we showed the most interest in him during the trade deadline before he got injured.

Hoopsdoc 02-20-2019 12:08 PM

Clayton Geathers is a really good, if somewhat injury prone, safety who is a free agent. If the Colts don’t resign him(rumor is they will try), he will make a nice addition for some other team.

JakeF 02-20-2019 04:24 PM

Houston is still our best linebacker and will probably be our best DE if we keep him.

I just wish he wasn't on that absurd contract.

I trust Houston more than Ford.

The only problem with Houston is his knee. Houston was way more effective on the line of scrimmage instead of playing in space as a standup linebacker. He also seem to get some strength back in his knee towards the end of the season.

I don't think Ford can play anywhere other than RDE. I don't know how he will be against the run. We don't know if he will continue to improve or drop back to being a dumbass. I'm not sure we can afford to pay that huge contract until we know. Tagging him and then giving Ford a contract will push the price even higher.

Somebody said that Ford was worth a 1st in trade. If we can get a 1st+ then we should probably just go ahead and trade him. We have too many shitty contracts right now.

Bump 02-20-2019 04:55 PM

Amos is the best safety in madden because of his speed so I chose him.