ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why is Mahomes incapable of running a 4 minute offense (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320661)

carcosa 01-20-2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papi (Post 14058794)
Walk into traffic.
OP is absolutely right. Defense sucked all day. You don't count on them to get the stop. Should try not to even let them take the field.
Did we even run the ball once that drive?

Please, and I'm being 100% serious, PLEASE set yourself on fire in front of your family and let them watch you slowly burn to death, you dumb ****ing piece of shit

Chiefshrink 01-20-2019 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 14058859)
Reid burning a TO on the challenge and the time management on that possession deserved to be scrutinized.

Mahomes doesn't.

Mental error lost this game in spite of all our deficiencies.

Rain Man 01-20-2019 10:48 PM

I'm never going to complain about scoring too fast. Ever.

chiefzilla1501 01-20-2019 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion05 (Post 14058888)
Some of you are way too childish, or haven't been watching football for too long.

Tell me the last time a quick strike offense won the Super Bowl. Name a recent one, if ever. I'll wait

Ball control matters. I argued it on this forum and some of you stubbornly wouldn't listen. Reid's problem has always been ball control and a consistent run game or run play calling. Even Doug Pederson understood the importance of the run game last year. That Jay Ajayi trade was the smartest thing the front office did last season. They leveraged that with an explosive offense. Take the short passes and the 5 yard runs. The problem is, you have a ridiculously talented QB in Mahomes, and a ridiculous talented passing play caller in Reid. They don't balance each other out in that sense

Reid rarely leverages his explosive passing game with a good run game. Even with Hunt, he's never been known as a grind it out coach. It can win you PLENTY of regular season games. It doesn't work for the playoffs. It's why Peyton Manning struggled in the playoffs at times.

And yet our attacking qb was inches away and a coin flip away from taking not only the Chiefs but most of the afc to the closest they've gotten to a super bowl. We proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that as our qb gets better, we're going to be really tough to beat. And he's not going to do it by managing games.

Bump 01-20-2019 10:51 PM

This is the dumbest complaint ever. After that Sammy catch and run and we were first and goal right before the 2 minute warning (we had to get a play off before the 2 minute warning there), OP would have taken 2 or 3 knees and hope to get it in on 3rd or 4th down all while making the face of his avatar.

Demonpenz 01-20-2019 10:52 PM

Yeah I hope this isn't a brett favre thing like being one of the greatest qb's of all time. I couldn't stand that shit.

prhom 01-20-2019 10:55 PM

FWIW, I agree with you Iconic. It’s something Mahomes hasn’t learned yet. Sure, our defense should have bailed us out, but we all know that wasn’t going to happen this year. Take some time, get the score and don’t give the pats any time. We did the same thing against the pats in the first game and didn’t learn this time. I knew it was going to come down to who had it last and once again that was the Pats.

Simplicity 01-20-2019 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 14058953)
Yeah I hope this isn't a brett favre thing like being one of the greatest qb's of all time. I couldn't stand that shit.

Right? I hate the idea of having the best QB in the league which leads to the highest scoring offense... There is no way you can win games doing that shit. I'd much rather run it 2 times and hope to convert on 3rd down.

DRM08 01-20-2019 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 14058941)
This is the dumbest complaint ever. After that Sammy catch and run and we were first and goal right before the 2 minute warning (we had to get a play off before the 2 minute warning there), OP would have taken 2 or 3 knees and hope to get it in on 3rd or 4th down all while making the face of his avatar.

I think his point was to avoid the downfield throw to Sammy and go for a dink/dunk style throw to only pick up 8-10 yards at a time.

Regardless, the Chiefs need to get better on defense and OL. They were dominated in the trenches today. Both the OL and DL got their butts kicked.

Bump 01-20-2019 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 14058973)
Right? I hate the idea of having the best QB in the league which leads to the highest scoring offense... There is no way you can win games doing that shit. I'd much rather run it 2 times and hope to convert on 3rd down.

run run pass punt, that was an offensive scheme we had about 10 years ago. R2P2, memberberries. Some here would prefer that it seems.

Demonpenz 01-20-2019 10:58 PM

It's like coaches need to play more madden and the fans need to play madden less. Yeah in madden you can do that shit because you know you got a cheese play up your sleeve in the NFL and in shotgun snapping the ball can be tricky

Papi 01-20-2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 14058900)
Please, and I'm being 100% serious, PLEASE set yourself on fire in front of your family and let them watch you slowly burn to death, you dumb ****ing piece of shit

I'll get right on this... Should I wait til my dick is out of your mother's ass first or go ahead and light the match?

jjjayb 01-20-2019 11:00 PM

What a moronic thread. There's no guarantee you score there. You're down. You score any way you can. What happens if they run 3 or 4 minutes off the clock, but don't manage to score? Then what? You have to take the lead before you start worrying about taking time off the clock. Do you forget when we had Alex Smith?

There's a millions things to be mad about. This isn't one of them.

Chiefshrink 01-20-2019 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14058924)
I'm never going to complain about scoring too fast. Ever.

I will until our trench play improves especially on the defense of side ball I will complain.

Naptown Chief 01-20-2019 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 14058900)

Can they at least douse the ashes, to prevent structural damage of course, with antifreeze that an AIDS patient bled into?