ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Computers FCC Approves New Net Neutrality Rules (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290904)

KC native 02-26-2015 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11349090)
The people cheering this largely don't even understand what actually happened. This isn't just a one off law added by Congress.

Maybe those people cheering will smarten up and figure it out. In the meantime, maybe the courts will strike down this FCC power grab on the issue, as they did the last time. One can always hope.

dumb **** is dumb.

Lex Luthor 02-26-2015 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 11349130)
So, from what I understand, a couple people think net neutrality is a slippery slope and now the FCC will control us all.

Gotcha.

You're reeruned.

Damn it, you stole my thunder. I was about to tell Killer_Clown how reeruned the slippery slope argument is.

Rausch 02-26-2015 04:13 PM

Quote:

So, from what I understand, a couple people think net neutrality is a slippery slope and now the FCC will control us all.

Gotcha.

You're reeruned.

LMAO

Just Passin' By 02-26-2015 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loneiguana (Post 11349125)
This

/its not getting struck down. That was a major reason they made this change, so it would stand up to the courts. When such a major element of your post is so very wrong, chances are the rest of the post is garbage as well.

Nothing in my post was wrong, you idiot.

kysirsoze 02-26-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11349121)
The people posting in this thread largely speaking in vague terms on the ignorance of others could always elaborate.

And then....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11349223)

What else would you expect?

BigRedChief 02-26-2015 04:45 PM

As this is in my wheel house, I applaud the FCC decision and think it will hold up in the courts.

If there is an intelligent discussion about this, I'd be happy to join that thread but flinging insults and poo...... no thanks.

petegz28 02-26-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11349279)
As this is in my wheel house, I applaud the FCC decision and think it will hold up in the courts.

If there is an intelligent discussion about this, I'd be happy to join that thread but flinging insults and poo...... no thanks.

I don't think it will be challenged in court.

DaneMcCloud 02-26-2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure if you understand this legislation.

With the passage of Net Neutrality, small businesses are the clear winner. Had it not passed, huge corporations could pay ISP's to provide their customers with more bandwidth while slowing down internet speeds (and the traffic that goes along with it) to smaller business, independent websites, etc.

It basically keeps the internet "neutral" gateway in which corporations cannot control the flow of information.

DaneMcCloud 02-26-2015 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 11349285)

I think it will and by you know whom

Don Corlemahomes 02-26-2015 04:54 PM

Quote:

Gotcha.

You're reeruned.

I love you

ROFL

DaFace 02-26-2015 04:59 PM

This is good.

(That's about all I have to contribute.)

petegz28 02-26-2015 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11349293)
I think it will and by you know whom

If you men the Repubs then I'd say they have not the spine to challenge anything. They'll yack and bitch and all that but as always, stop short of doing anything about it.

kysirsoze 02-26-2015 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 11349308)
If you men the Repubs then I'd say they have not the spine to challenge anything. They'll yack and bitch and all that but as always, stop short of doing anything about it.

Cable companies?

eDave 02-26-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 11349285)

The GOP will sue because they want you to pay more and so the rich get richer. Did you vote for the GOP??? Well if you did and you're not rich you are a fool. They want to make you poorer and the rich richer. You might as well become a Scientologist.

Loneiguana 02-26-2015 05:06 PM

Quote:

Outside of all of it, the most glaring wrongness is this:

"In the meantime, maybe the courts will strike down this FCC power grab on the issue, as they did the last time. One can always hope. "

From here:

http://media.npr.org/documents/2015/...eninternet.pdf

Quote:

His common-sense proposal would replace, strengthen and supplement FCC rules struck down by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit more than one year ago. The draft Order supports these new rules with a firm legal foundation built to withstand future challenges. The Chairman’s comprehensive proposal will be voted on the FCC’s February 26 open meeting.

The Chairman’s proposal provides the strongest legal foundation for the Open Internet rules by relying on multiple sources of authority: Title II of the Communications Act and Section 706 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996.
It's built to withstand the courts. In short, you are the very definition of wrong.