ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football AFCC Pick, Ravens or Patriots? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255155)

-King- 01-18-2012 07:41 PM

Heard today that while the Pats havent won a game against a playoff opponent this year, the Ravens have won 7. That's just nuts. My money is on them. If Flacco can just be average, Ravens should win easily.

pr_capone 01-18-2012 07:42 PM

Pats will win but I dislike both teams equally.

2112 01-18-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8309528)
No, I'm upset that you're a shit-flinging douchebag mother****er who deserves an ass-kicking. Welcome to being the only person on my Ignore list, and, truly, go die in a fire.

OMG, I think my penis just throbbed a bit LMAO You are one thin skinned ass muncher ROFL it took three posts to make you bleed! AWESOME! CRYBABY!

RJ 01-18-2012 07:44 PM

I believe the Ravens will win, though I admit to a Ravens bias.

Look at the teams the Ravens beat this season. They step up for big games and NE can't play D. Ravens by a field goal or less.

JD10367 01-18-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8309533)
Heard today that while the Pats havent won a game against a playoff opponent this year, the Ravens have won 7. That's just nuts. My money is on them. If Flacco can just be average, Ravens should win easily.

What?!? The Pats haven't beaten a team with a winning record?!? Shockingly new news!!!

:shake:

Hey, here's one for you: the Ravens are 4-4 on the road, losing to such powerhouses as Tennessee, Seattle, and--my personal favorite--a 12-7 loss to the Jags. And when they faced a half-decent offense (San Diego), they got their shit pushed in.

JD10367 01-18-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 8309547)
I believe the Ravens will win, though I admit to a Ravens bias.

Look at the teams the Ravens beat this season. They step up for big games and NE can't play D. Ravens by a field goal or less.

Yeah, like they "stepped up" against the Jaguars and Seahawks. LMAO

The Ravens, for some reason, have the Steelers' number. That, I admit. Then again, the Patriots played probably the worst game of football possible and still were within striking distance of Pittsburgh in their house, so maybe the Steelers are overrated.

The Ravens' D is getting old. Flacco is mediocre. And they suck on the road. If this game were in Baltimore, I'd give them pretty good odds. But it's not.

2112 01-18-2012 07:57 PM

I am used to people saying the Jets suck (lol) it doesnt bother me. but this guy JD is the defender of the faith when ANYBODY says anything negative about his beloved Patriots. but uh then he uh disappears after they lose :spock:

At least Amnorix has thick skin and can have a conversation without making infantile comments. lol did I call JD a baby again? oh wait Im on his iggy list almost forgot.

RJ 01-18-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8309576)
Yeah, like they "stepped up" against the Jaguars and Seahawks. LMAO

The Ravens, for some reason, have the Steelers' number. That, I admit. Then again, the Patriots played probably the worst game of football possible and still were within striking distance of Pittsburgh in their house, so maybe the Steelers are overrated.

The Ravens' D is getting old. Flacco is mediocre. And they suck on the road. If this game were in Baltimore, I'd give them pretty good odds. But it's not.

I said they "stepped up" for big games. Unfortunately they also "step down" for some others.

Pats played bad against the Steelers because Steelers made them play bad. And the Ravens D isn't particularly old outside of Reed and Lewis.

If I had to bet my house on it I'd bet on NE because of the home field. But based on the past few meetings between these teams it should be very close.

Rain Man 01-18-2012 10:20 PM

I picked the Patriots, but honestly it was before I saw the "both teams can die in a fire" option.

Nzoner 01-19-2012 08:49 AM

Another stat I found elsewhere if you're a numbers person.

Offensive rank by points scored of Balt's regular season foes:

Pitt....22
Tenn....21...L
SL.......32
NYJ.....13
Hous...10 (minus andre johnson)
Jack....29...L
Ariz.....24
Pitt.....22
Seat....23 L
Cinn....18
SF......11
Cleve...30
Indy.....28
SD......5....L
Cleve...30
Cinn....18

LiveSteam 01-19-2012 09:01 AM

Pats put on a show. BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. Put league on notice for 2012-2014

Pat's 38
Rav's 17

Chiefnj2 01-19-2012 09:04 AM

First play of the game I send Pollard on a blitz right at Brady to get in his head. I do that even if the Ravens are on offense.

Amnorix 01-19-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D2112 (Post 8309596)
I am used to people saying the Jets suck (lol) it doesnt bother me. but this guy JD is the defender of the faith when ANYBODY says anything negative about his beloved Patriots. but uh then he uh disappears after they lose :spock:

At least Amnorix has thick skin and can have a conversation without making infantile comments. lol did I call JD a baby again? oh wait Im on his iggy list almost forgot.

Speaking of the Jets -- the latest from LT was pretty bad, I thought. He sounds like a guy that has already left the team, mentally. I'm assuming he's going to retire. Any word/thoughts on that?

Between the Holmes/Sanchez "situation", LT retiring (?), Plax not getting any younger and your defense lacking elite talent at alot of positions, I'm thinking you might need to go into a mini-rebuilding phase. Thoughts?

Amnorix 01-19-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8310418)
Another stat I found elsewhere if you're a numbers person.

[b]Offensive rank by points scored of Balt's regular season foes:

Yeah, DeOssie spent alot of time on this on the radio a week or two ago when discussing the entire AFC field. Basically said that the Ravens defense looks really good on paper, but played ONE top ten offense all season or something very weird/absurd, so who really knows for sure?

Let's face it, the entire AFC field was pretty uninspiring this year. The worm has certainly turned in that regard. For years it was AFC dominance, but now it's the NFC that seems better, and in some respects by far.

Amnorix 01-19-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8309533)

Ravens had the tougher schedule, no question. Pats did win a game against a playoff opponent -- the Donx.

But look, you can only play the schedule you have. Pats went 13-3 and are clearly playing better now than earlier in the season.

Nothing for it but to wait until Sunday and see what happens.