ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs For anyone thats interested; Lin on 610 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320179)

htismaqe 01-08-2019 08:38 AM

The kicker always takes the blame.

Not the coaches, who abandoned a solid game plan and put the game on the arm of Steve Bono.

Not Steve Bono, who threw 3 INTs.

Not Lake Dawson, who dropped a sure TD pass.

No. It's the freaking kicker's fault.

Lin Elliott was absolved of all blame just TWO YEARS later, when Marty's team turned around and choked AGAIN.

WhiteWhale 01-08-2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14017503)
100% failure of this guy. I’ll never blame Lin. Never ever. http://https://rickkomer.files.wordp...ttenheimer.jpg

It's hard for me to hate a sucky kicker for sucking.

I mean Jimmy Johnson stopped kicking FG's because of Elliott. It's not like he started sucking suddenly that day.

Reerun_KC 01-08-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14017514)
The kicker always takes the blame.

Not the coaches, who abandoned a solid game plan and put the game on the arm of Steve Bono.

Not Steve Bono, who threw 3 INTs.

Not Lake Dawson, who dropped a sure TD pass.

No. It's the freaking kicker's fault.

the kicker that shall go unnamedt was absolved of all blame just TWO YEARS later, when Marty's team turned around and choked AGAIN.

And lock this thread. Nailed it.

jjjayb 01-08-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14017325)
He did it last year.

He likes defending himself. He's actually arrogant about it.

He was anything but arrogant in this interview.

Reerun_KC 01-08-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14017515)
It's hard for me to hate a sucky kicker for sucking.

I mean Jimmy Johnson stopped kicking FG's because of Elliott. It's not like he started sucking suddenly that day.

But we can’t blame Marty for being a stubborn fool.

BigRedChief 01-08-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14017280)
Again. Why?

I don't know why Lin would even want to do it.

Closure?

We get the win on Saturday we move on from any playoff "curse". **** Bono, GrBac and the kicker who shouldn't be named etc.. The Mahomes era has began.

dlphg9 01-08-2019 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14017520)
And lock this thread. Nailed it.

Why does the thread have to be locked? I didn't post anything too bad about him. Just that he sucked which he did. I was 5 in 95, so I dont remember the game.

Reerun_KC 01-08-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14017531)
Why does the thread have to be locked? I didn't post anything too bad about him. Just that he sucked which he did. I was 5 in 95, so I dont remember the game.

Because the whole kicker shall not be named mantra is bullshit, so much easier to blame the symptom then address the root cause.

dlphg9 01-08-2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14017537)
Because the whole kicker shall not be named mantra is bullshit, so much easier to blame the symptom then address the root cause.

I didnt write that it just automatically puts that for his name. I put his name in the thread. Its not the threads fault the mods did what they did.

Reerun_KC 01-08-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14017551)
I didnt write that it just automatically puts that for his name. I put his name in the thread. Its not the threads fault the mods did what they did.

Sorry

dlphg9 01-08-2019 09:26 AM

I feel bad for the guy. Says Marty never talked to him again after the game. Another former player brought up the fact that they were the number 1 rushing offense and said they practiced 3.5 hours a day running the ball and then Marty changes up the game plan. ****ing Steve Bono was 11/25 122yds 1 td 3 int.

Its a God damn travesty that Marty kept trotting Bono's worthless ass out there over Gannon. Im sure if Gannon would have started then we would have won. So while some blame falls on Elliott, for missing the kicks, Marty and Bono deserve an equal share of the blame. Hell no ome ever blames them. Its always Elliotts fault.

I VOTE TO ALLOW LIN. ELLIOTT. TO BE POSTED ON HERE!

ChiefBlueCFC 01-08-2019 09:29 AM

There is a bunch of serious whining and bitching in here.

Say his name, its not a ****ing curse...

Curses aren't real

Lin. Elliot. Lin. Elliot. LIN. ELLIOT!!

He's not a boogie man. He's just a bad kicker

ptlyon 01-08-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14017598)
I feel bad for the guy. Says Marty never talked to him again after the game. Another former player brought up the fact that they were the number 1 rushing offense and said they practiced 3.5 hours a day running the ball and then Marty changes up the game plan. ****ing Steve Bono was 11/25 122yds 1 td 3 int.

Its a God damn travesty that Marty kept trotting Bono's worthless ass out there over Gannon. Im sure if Gannon would have started then we would have won. So while some blame falls on Elliott, for missing the kicks, Marty and Bono deserve an equal share of the blame. Hell no ome ever blames them. Its always Elliotts fault.

I VOTE TO ALLOW LIN. ELLIOTT. TO BE POSTED ON HERE!

GFY. It's part of CP lore. Like it or get out.

ptlyon 01-08-2019 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC (Post 14017603)
There is a bunch of serious whining and bitching in here.

Say his name, its not a ****ing curse...

Curses aren't real

Lin. Elliot. Lin. Elliot. LIN. ELLIOT!!

He's not a boogie man. He's just a bad kicker

And, you. Same to you too!

htismaqe 01-08-2019 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 14017610)
GFY. It's part of CP lore. Like it or get out.

:Lin: