ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mahomes in the locker room after the afcc (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320809)

In58men 01-22-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14064336)
I'm not buying this one at all. That game was as much as anything on Mahomes for his crappy performance and bad decisions in the first half. I could see him yelling this - as a promise - and to himself as much as anything else.

But I'd bet everything I own that there's no way he was getting in other people's faces like it was their fault, or had to be calmed down. That makes zero sense.

One possession in the first qtr is enough to get the ball rolling huh.

Just stop.

suzzer99 01-22-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 14064355)
no

I edited it to "as much as anything else" - meant to type that the first time. This site is very slow so right now.

Frazod 01-22-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

I'm not buying this one at all. That game was as much as anything on Mahomes for his crappy performance and bad decisions in the first half. I could see him yelling this - as a promise - and to himself as much as anything else.

But I'd bet everything I own that there's no way he was getting in other people's faces like it was their fault, or had to be calmed down. That makes zero sense.

There's no way it could have happened at half time - Pat was every bit the wide-eyed 23-year-old pseudo rookie in the first half.

But I can see it happening after the game. The defense simply shut down in the fourth quarter.

bdj23 01-22-2019 02:35 PM

Good

Best22 01-22-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14064214)
Probably felt like he was back at TT.

Doesn't seem like him to do that but who knows. I'm fine with it if he did.

Mahomes is a fiery competitor. Watch his videos at Tech. Dude was angry from time to time on the field and clearly hated interviews after losing

It doesn’t surprise me. Mahomes is extremely competitive and expects other players to play at a high level.

He is nice and “aw shucks” in front of cameras and normal people but he is actually full of fire. Love it

suzzer99 01-22-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14064365)
There's no way it could have happened at half time - Pat was every bit the wide-eyed 23-year-old pseudo rookie in the first half.

But I can see it happening after the game. The defense simply shut down in the fourth quarter.

The defense played 97 snaps. They were completely gassed by the last half of the 4th Q.

It's their own fault for not getting off the field. But they didn't have much left at that point. That 8 minute mauling to start the game really set the tone and put us in a hole.

I know we always defer - but I wonder if Andy might like to have that decision back and try to get Mahomes out their first. Of course even when the Pats lose the coin flip they still win.

ghak99 01-22-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy (Post 14064311)
I read yesterday that Brady sought out Mahomes in the locker room, I wonder if it was before or after this alleged event?

We all know what Brady wanted. I'd be mad about losing to a guy like that too. Sick **** needs to keep that shit in his inner circle.

chiefzilla1501 01-22-2019 02:41 PM

I hope he did it in a way that didn't feel like throwing his teammates under the bus. But I trust he has too much poise to do that. If not, then awesome. I don't want an aw shucks guy on the field. I want a killer who despises losing.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-22-2019 02:43 PM

Bob Suttons gone. Problem is being addressed

Frazod 01-22-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14064378)
The defense played 97 snaps. They were completely gassed by the last half of the 4th Q.

It's their own fault for not getting off the field. But they didn't have much left at that point. That 8 minute mauling to start the game really set the tone and put us in a hole.

I know we always defer - but I wonder if Andy might like to have that decision back and try to get Mahomes out their first. Of course even when the Pats lose the coin flip they still win.

And that eight minute mauling was completely on them. Inexcusable in that stadium with the noise we were making. I was there and it was damn near loud enough to rattle my fillings. Seriously, **** them. And double **** Sutton.

dlphg9 01-22-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

This loss isn't on Mahomes at all. I dont care how he played in the first half. He had us in the lead and then drove us down the field with 39 seconds on the clock and 1 timeout to tie the game.

Hammock Parties 01-22-2019 02:48 PM

marty has confimed this

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He was mad, lot of guys were, including Kelce. I don&#39;t know how they displayed it or specifics of what was said, but a lot of people were vocal about the defensive plan and lack of adjustments.</p>&mdash; The Chiefs Kingdom (Ver 2.0) (@1_ChiefsKingdom) <a href="https://twitter.com/1_ChiefsKingdom/status/1087813002647166976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 22, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

chiefzilla1501 01-22-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 14064393)
We all know what Brady wanted. I'd be mad about losing to a guy like that too. Sick **** needs to keep that shit in his inner circle.

I hate Brady as much as the next person. But Brady is not the type to do that to just anyone. I think it was out of genuine respect. Fierce competitors have mad respect when they meet their match.

Dayze 01-22-2019 02:48 PM

"Ok, Pat. We've took your suggestion and buried Sutton in a Shallow grave off Blue Ridge. What else can we do; what else do you need"?
/Andy & Clark

Randallflagg 01-22-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 14064268)
what the **** are you talking about

tom brady yells at everyone all the time

Dan Marino was FAMOUS for giving his receivers holy hell for missing a pass, or running the wrong route. It wasn't a good idea to get on his bad side.....

I also remember Lenny Dawson having that same thing...except he was fond of keeping it in the huddle....I think it went something like this "Look here Mister..........." and you knew your ass was in trouble.