ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

QuikSsurfer 11-22-2010 08:35 AM

watched "The Human Centipede"--on netflix instant stream-- and holy shit...

Fritz88 11-24-2010 05:27 PM

Amélie
I have been meaning to watch it for a while. I finally got a chance to see it and I was not disappointed it at all. Loved it from start to finish. For me, it can easily be a top five favorite . The sound track, the amazing camera moves and shots. Things that we take for granted in many movies are somehow felt in here. It's charming. Amélie is insanely cute. If you have been to Paris, you'd recognize many of the places that are filmed. If you haven't, you will probably plan on visiting that city. Rip me, but one scene in the movie almost made me cry.

blaise 11-25-2010 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 7195822)
Amélie
I have been meaning to watch it for a while. I finally got a chance to see it and I was not disappointed it at all. Loved it from start to finish. For me, it can easily be a top five favorite . The sound track, the amazing camera moves and shots. Things that we take for granted in many movies are somehow felt in here. It's charming. Amélie is insanely cute. If you have been to Paris, you'd recognize many of the places that are filmed. If you haven't, you will probably plan on visiting that city. Rip me, but one scene in the movie almost made me cry.

Yeah, I liked it a lot. I'm sometimes surprised that so many people have it rated as one of their top 5 films, but it obviously connects with people on a personal level in a way most other films don't.

Chiefs Rool 11-25-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 7191223)
watched "The Human Centipede"--on netflix instant stream-- and holy shit...

I was thinking about watching it, does "holy shit" mean it's good?

Miles 11-25-2010 04:34 PM

Expendables was hardly a good movie but pretty damn entertaining.

kcxiv 11-26-2010 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 7197685)
Expendables was hardly a good movie but pretty damn entertaining.

it wasnt supposed to be good, it was supposed to be just kick ass. lol Need more mindless entertaining movies. Expendables and A-Team i liked.

KCUnited 11-26-2010 08:18 AM

I won't fish through the thread for specific names, but several in here had suggested High Tension, which was great. Nine times out of ten I hate it when a film maker tries to psychologically twist out of stalk and slash. Like Pork Tenderloin Joe with a straight razor and a deviant lust for rape and murder needs to be apologized for by some surprise psychological twist at the end, but it was well done here.

It had all the ingredients of a great horror movie. Specifically, the bathroom scene in the gas station was some of the best horror film making I had seen in a while. Thanks for the recommendation.

QuikSsurfer 11-26-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Rool (Post 7197679)
I was thinking about watching it, does "holy shit" mean it's good?

Not the most disturbing move I've seen but it's pretty good.

irishjayhawk 11-26-2010 10:32 PM

Man, I've forgotten just how much Up in the Air hits home. And I don't think I'm its target demographic.

Chiefs Rool 11-27-2010 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 7200163)
Man, I've forgotten just how much Up in the Air hits home. And I don't think I'm its target demographic.

I really liked that film, casted perfectly IMO and it was very well done.

Buehler445 11-27-2010 11:31 AM

Spike is running the Star Wars I and II in HD. I didn't realize how terrible and cartoon-ish most of the graphics look. They do an outstanding job on the stuff they care about but a lot of the landscapes are lacking.

Buck 11-28-2010 01:30 AM

Just finished Leaves of Grass.

Good movie, definitely rent-worthy.

The 2 main characters are played by Ed Norton and Ed Norton, so you know it has to be good.

Other smaller roles are played by Tim Blake Nelson, Keri Russell, Susan Surandon, Richard Dreyfuss, Ty Burrell, Maggie Siff, and Steve Earle (who played Walon in The Wire).

http://media.daemonsmovies.com/wp-co...06-550x366.jpg

Reaper16 11-28-2010 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7202457)
Just finished Leaves of Grass.

Good movie, definitely rent-worthy.

The 2 main characters are played by Ed Norton and Ed Norton, so you know it has to be good.

Other smaller roles are played by Tim Blake Nelson, Keri Russell, Susan Surandon, Richard Dreyfuss, Ty Burrell, Maggie Siff, and Steve Earle (who played Walon in The Wire).

I like how your explanation of who Steve Earle is relates his bit part in The Wire and not his career as an incredibly important and influential, multiple-Grammy-award-winning, folk/country singer & songwriter.

Buck 11-28-2010 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7202464)
I like how your explanation of who Steve Earle is relates his bit part in The Wire and not his career as an incredibly important and influential, multiple-Grammy-award-winning, folk/country singer & songwriter.

1. I'm not too into music
2. I'm definitely not into folk
3. I'm DEFINITELY not into County
4. The Wire is the only thing I've seen him in

Shogun 11-28-2010 03:41 AM

Just finished Inception. Am I the only person who found it extremely stupid?